How to get a job at Edward Jones.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 2404)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

C in Chicago, Illinois

85 months ago

You are in a perfect location then. If you have the trust of the people in your community, then you have a GOLDEN opportunity. EJ is built on small towns, people rake in tons of money doing so.

If you trusted me personally, could you say no to a question like:

"Do you want me to make you money off of the money you already have?"

Probably not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Oresi in Glendale, Arizona

85 months ago

How long does it take for them to contact you after the face to face interview? Do they call you even if you get rejected? I have not got a call and its been a week!
thank you for taking the time to read this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SlickK in Columbus, Ohio

85 months ago

I have an interview with Edward Jones coming up. I have heard a ton about doing door-to-door sales for the first 2 years. Besides achieving 25 contacts from door-to-door (which I presume doesn't take all day), what else do you do all day? Cold-Calling? Dinners for potential clients? Also, after everything is said an done, what is the yearly income for a 1st year advisor that is willing to put the time and effort and is determined to succeed.

I am certainly not afraid to go door-to-door, but would like to consider all my options prior to accepting any offers.

Thank you so much, I truly do appreciate this!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

B. J. in Birmingham, Alabama

85 months ago

If anyone would like to know how to boost their chances of getting an offer from EJ, i.e., the kinds of qualifications the company is looking for; I would be glad to offer some thoughts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Fort Worth, Texas

85 months ago

I hate to admit that I am on the fence on whether or not to accept the offer from Jones. I feel like this is a once in a lifetime offer and would be stupid not to take it. On the other hand, the more I think about it the less appealing it seems. How many people are willing to trust someone with no investment experience with their $$. Also, the door-to-door think keeps eating at me, 1 year is a long time to do that let alone 2 years! Does everyone really do that? There are already 3 Jones IR's in my town, which isn't all that big, so wouldn't they already have most customers with an interest already covered? Does Jones tell you the general area they want your office to be or do they ask your input or just put an office anywhere they can find space to lease? I am going to have to clean out my savings to even make it the first year on the base salary they are offering so this is a huge risk!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick McDevitt in Florida

85 months ago

Have you interviewed with anyone else in the industry??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Nick McDevitt in Florida said: Have you interviewed with anyone else in the industry??

Assuming your ? was directed to me Nick - no I haven't interviewed with anyone else. I have no experience in the investment or securities industry and only have an Associate's Degree so I am not sure anyone else in the industry is willing to offer me the training that Jones offers? If you have suggestions I welcome them.

Dewayne in Greensboro, North Carolina

85 months ago

B. J. in Birmingham, Alabama said: If anyone would like to know how to boost their chances of getting an offer from EJ, i.e., the kinds of qualifications the company is looking for; I would be glad to offer some thoughts.

I'm interested in the qualifications the company is looking for. I have a phone interview tomorrow. Also what is the base salary they offer at hiring? You can email me at protobuc@usa.com. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vilhelma in Bozeman, Montana

85 months ago

B. J. in Birmingham, Alabama said: If anyone would like to know how to boost their chances of getting an offer from EJ, i.e., the kinds of qualifications the company is looking for; I would be glad to offer some thoughts.

I also have an interview tomorrow and I am very ecxited, please let me know what to expect vilhelma@yahoo.com

Juan Carlos in Saint Paul, Minnesota

85 months ago

Tiffany, should you let us know how was the offer they made to you?

I'm may be getting the offer very soon, maybe tomorrow... but I have the same problem you have with the door knocking for twooooo years...

I have good sales training, and I also love the financial world, but the door-to-door is just killing me... right now I'm making $55.000 plus some conservative commissions around $10.000 from M-F 8-5. Expecting a raise by January 2007 in the base to $65.000 with similar commissions, sales engineer...

I don't know people with a lot of money to invest or to trust me their money... But I'm very motivated and I don't see in the near future that I can make more than 5 figures as an engineer.

Thoughts?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

I am also making around the same as you right now, which is almost unheard of unless you drive 60 miles one way to work.

The offer from Jones is right around $20K/yr salary for the 1st yr, as I understand it the salary depends on your area. On top of that you do have the potential for bonuses. The scary thing is that the salary gradually decreases through the year until by the end of the year it is $0 and you are on your own.

I did decide today to accept the offer. My decision was easy after speaking with a local Jones rep and hearing the excitement of having me come on board and the reassurance of the support network available. Everyone wants you to succeed because it also benefits them for you to do well. As I will have no choice other than to bust my butt door-knocking in order to feed my family, I feel I can do it. If I can excel at every other position I have taken on why not this!

If you get the offer I say go for it if you can possibly stand the pay cut for just a little while! I will probably have to clean out my savings but how often does an opportunity like this come along! I think the long-term benefit will be far more than I can even imagine right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Good for you Tiffany, congrats!!!

I was also reading the posts at registeredrep.com and they don't give me much hope.

I don't know I'm very confused and that is maybe because I don't know what I want... I like my job, but I love the financial world and ALL the power I think FA have in changing peoples lives managing the finances...

It is a huge cut for me go from $60.000 to $45.000 is the best case the first year... wow. I don't know what to do!

85 months ago

By the way, I drive 6 miles one way!

Marge in Pensacola, Florida

85 months ago

Hi there. Yes, I would be interested in knowing how to boost my chances of getting an offer from E J. I have submitted my paperwork, taken my profile test, which came back very positive. I have met with a local FA who said I had the perfect personality and background to do this job and gave me a recommendation to Human Resources. Now I have a phone interview with a recruiter in 2 days. Any light you could shed on what to expect would help. I am familiar with the behavioral event type of interview. Any specifics I should be aware of? I know I am expected to knock on doors and I know it's all about the numbers. It beats sitting behind a desk all day. I hate doing that and having no control over my income. Thanks, Marge

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

B.J. in Pell City, Alabama

85 months ago

Dewayne in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I'm interested in the qualifications the company is looking for. I have a phone interview tomorrow. Also what is the base salary they offer at hiring? You can email me at protobuc@usa.com. Thanks.

I hope that phone interview went well. The company looks for outgoing employees, who have shown some exceptional achievements in their endeavors - be they college work, marketing jobs, banking experience, accounting backgrounds, etc. I do know some FAs had little marketing/sales background, but they were clearly successful in their fields. Be prepared to explain why you think you would be a good fit at EDJ. And when they suggest that you read about the job on the EDJ Careers website, they mean it. I wish you every success.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

B.J. in Pell City, Alabama

85 months ago

Marge in Pensacola, Florida said: Hi there. Yes, I would be interested in knowing how to boost my chances of getting an offer from E J. I have submitted my paperwork, taken my profile test, which came back very positive. I have met with a local FA who said I had the perfect personality and background to do this job and gave me a recommendation to Human Resources. Now I have a phone interview with a recruiter in 2 days. Any light you could shed on what to expect would help. I am familiar with the behavioral event type of interview. Any specifics I should be aware of? I know I am expected to knock on doors and I know it's all about the numbers. It beats sitting behind a desk all day. I hate doing that and having no control over my income. Thanks, Marge

Be sure you know the 5 critical activities. The EDJ website explains them. Also, keep in mind that they really want you to succeed - even in the interview. Give them reasons to hire you - like the various accomplishments you have attained in other positions. I think you may find you truly love the job.

Marge in Pensacola, Florida

85 months ago

Thanks for the advice.

PN in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

I have had 2 phones interviews with EDJ, and my background check is complete. I am a new registered rep with another firm and am getting no training, and looking to make a change early in my career. I have my face to facewith EDJ tomorrow. Any suggestions would be great.

Bobbi in Gadsden, Alabama

84 months ago

Well, PN, welcome to the firm! If you have made it as far as the face to face interview, I am sure by now you have an offer. Please contact me at my e-mail address b_carr@aya.yale.edu, and I will properly introduce myself. Congratulations on joining a fine company.
Best regards,
Bobbi

SeattleGirl in Seattle, Washington

84 months ago

Ann said: I worked as a Branch Office Administrator with Edward Jones nine years ago for about a year. I passed the training with a perfect score. However, when I was interviewed by the Rep, I was assured that there would be no cold calling or telemarketing. Within weeks he was pressuring me to get prople to come to his free seminars, breakfasts, etc. He would come in daily and bark "I need people." He would not go out and do his mandatory knocking on doors at all. He kept inviting people with money to play golf, and they wouldn't show up. He basically spent half his time at home or on the golf course and I was left alone in the office all day with no customers coming in as it was a brand new office. There is supposed to be a number the BOA's can call if you are having problems. That is a joke. When I called, I was told that it was my job to cold call for seminars, I just couldn't cold call to sell stocks, etc. I left to take another job that paid nearly twice what I made at Edward Jones. When I gave notice, headquarters told me that I would never be able to work with them again. Ooooh. I was scared! : ) Not a good place to work in my opinion. Low pay and they are dishonest in the way they recruit employees.

I have to agree. I'm a former BOA and it is a very difficult environment to work in. You are EVERYTHING to the Financial Advisor and mine in particular was very hard on me. I also was forced to call lists of clients to invite them to seminars very frequently and the customers were just not interested in these interruptions. I was let go over a misunderstanding between my FA and me, but HR would hear nothing from me on the subject. I truly believe that a difference in beliefs is what caused my FA to want me out of there. He was a very conservative religious person and while I was the picture of professionalism and courteousness, this was not enough for him and I believe that is the real reason I was let go. I wouldn't work there. Not worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Tee123 in Rancocas, New Jersey

84 months ago

Hi everyone, I'm probably way out of my league on this site, but I would like to become an FA. I don't have a degree, or sales or financial experience. I start my Life & Health Insurance License class next week, so at least that will be out of the way. EJ got the highest ranking from brokers in a broker-dealer "report card" that I found online. But lots of blogs paint a more negative picture of the company and its recruiting and sales tactics. I'm not a pushy "salesy" salesperson. I would actually prefer to TEACH people how to budget and save their money, rather than sell them products that are pushed to me from a company who may as well be my employer. I'm trying to get away from working like a dog to make someone else rich. I want to work for myself. However, from all the posts I've been reading here and elsewhere, being an FA seems like just another sales job designed to make the company rich. The upside of working for commissions is, of course, the sky is the limit. But I don't need to make 6 figures. Does anyone have any info on fee-based services instead of commission?

D New FA in Erie, Pennsylvania

83 months ago

You don't have to be a pushy salesperson to do this job. I hate pushy salespeople. I took this job so I could teach people how to save for their future. Edward Jones does not push products on their FA's. You get to choose what mutual funds you use for your clients. You will have the ability to work for yourself once you go through the first 4-6 months with EDJ. At first they watch you like a hawk to make sure you are doing the work and have the motivation and mental attitude to do the job. Once you hit a few milestones in the beginning they back off and you run your businesss how you like (within compliance standards). And since the company is a partnership, there is no CEO that is getting rich off of your comissions. While you do you job, you make money that EDJ gives back to you in the form of profit sharing and partnership offers. EDJ had the ability to sell the firm and be the richer than Sam Walton, but Ed Jones, wanted the company to be in the hands of those out there meeting with clients and teaching them the importance of saving for their future. Personally, if someone charged me everytime I wanted to ask them a question or sit in the office, I wouldn't be too happy. With comissions, they pay upfront only for the product and they receive the best customer service from you for free any time they want it. You will work like a dog for the first 2 years, but you will be stablizing your future, and the future of your clients as well as your own business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick McDevitt in Florida

83 months ago

Drink that koolaide!!! No matter what though, in this business, work your ass off, give it everything you can. Look out for your clients and you will succeed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

my file cabinets in Phoenix, Arizona

83 months ago

i was originally lured to try to work for EJ because a rep. told me that my starting income for training would be about 51k. then he said after my license i would fend for myself and would make more with my own office. so here i am with my first education session for the L/H license. after that i want to get the series 7. but after reading these posts, i am no longer sure. what other companies can i work for? what alternatives did you find?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

E-Rod in Las Vegas, Nevada

83 months ago

Hello Bobbi, I noticed you currently work for Edward Jones, I recently had my first screen interview and my application was submitted for a backround review about 4 days ago. I fit the EJ criteria perfectly and have done extensive research on what they are looking for. I have over 3 years sales experience and have been in the top 5% of the sales force for both companies..My income has steadily increased since I started my career which has consisted of almost all commision so I am not afraid to grind and knock door to door or work a commision job...no heres where you might be helpful, I dont have a college degree and I am a young individual, in your opinion, how much will these 2 things factor into the selective hiring process at EJ? This is my dream job and I think my age might actually work to my advantage being that I have plenty of years to offer to the company.

Bobbi in Gadsden, Alabama said: Well, PN, welcome to the firm! If you have made it as far as the face to face interview, I am sure by now you have an offer. Please contact me at my e-mail address b_carr@aya.yale.edu, and I will properly introduce myself. Congratulations on joining a fine company.
Best regards,
Bobbi

83 months ago

Hello I noticed you currently work for Edward Jones, I recently had my first screen interview and my application was submitted for a backround review about 4 days ago. I fit the EJ criteria perfectly and have done extensive research on what they are looking for. I have over 3 years sales experience and have been in the top 5% of the sales force for both companies..My income has steadily increased since I started my career which has consisted of almost all commision so I am not afraid to grind and knock door to door or work a commision job...no heres where you might be helpful, I dont have a college degree and I am a young individual, in your opinion, how much will these 2 things factor into the selective hiring process at EJ? This is my dream job and I think my age might actually work to my advantage being that I have plenty of years to offer to the company.

C in Chicago, Illinois said: I went through the entire process to become a Financial Advisor. Some of the responses have been false, for example the gentleman who said they PROBABLY used his contacts. That is hard to do if you only have a person's name and not their address.

The whole process is overwhelming, but what it comes down to is two very simple things in order to get hired. Well lets make that 3 things.

1. Get the interview. This is the most important part because you are starting your OWN business with Edward Jones and if you don't have purple hair or have any felonies on your record then you are going to get hired.

2. Be comfortable with doorknocking. This is key to YOUR business once again. If you are comfortable with this then you will succeed in this business.

K in Inglewood, California

82 months ago

C in Chicago, Illinois said:
The whole process is overwhelming, but what it comes down to is two very simple things in order to get hired. Well lets make that 3 things.

1. Get the interview. This is the most important part because you are starting your OWN business with Edward Jones and if you don't have purple hair or have any felonies on your record then you are going to get hired.

3. Don't lie on your application. Being a financial advisor especially being certified for a position that entails you selling securities and other financial vehicles, they have to go through an extensive background check. They check EVERYTHING, so don't lie about it. If you do, they will let you go through all the rounds and then tell you that your consumer report does not match what you reported.

C in Chicago, Illinois said:

Thank you very much for the information. I just went through the phone screen and am making my appointment to meet the FA in my area. I have solid sales experience and feel that I am a good fit for EJ as a Financial Advisor. I am a little nervous about the background check, mainly because people on this post have mentioned it's importance. I don't have much there past some bad credit lines. I don't have any criminal records or Bankruptcies. I have given a full account of my work history. Is there anything else I should be concerned with for the BC?? I am concerned about my credit history. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

to "C" in Chicago (or anyone with info on my ??): The second comment above is actually my question. got the wrong html code at the end of your quote.

Here it is again:
Thank you very much for the information. I just went through the phone screen and am making my appointment to meet the FA in my area. I have solid sales experience and feel that I am a good fit for EJ as a Financial Advisor. I am a little nervous about the background check, mainly because people on this post have mentioned it's importance. I don't have much there past some bad credit lines. I don't have any criminal records or Bankruptcies. I have given a full account of my work history. Is there anything else I should be concerned with for the BC?? I am concerned about my credit history. Thanks again.

Moogiegurl in Pensacola, Florida

82 months ago

I met with the FA, had my phone interview where it was discovered that I had a hospital bill that had gone into collections a few years prior. The fact that the hospital bill was over $2,000 knocked me out of being considered, until I pay it off. It is, evidently, a compliance issue and has nothing to do with whether a person is suited for the job otherwise. Evidently Edward Jones has to uphold their compliance policy and they hire NO ONE with debts that have gone to collection if the debt is still outstanding, even if you are paying on it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

wow thanks moogiegurl. i was afraid of that. i wonder though why they don't let you know that at the beginning. i am not sure how mine will pan out. now i am a little nervous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

So did they turn you down because it was over $2000? or because you had collection history?. I have collections..most are paid off..and i think i still have a couple of 2-$300 credit cards that i need to pay..do you think this will affect me?

Moogiegurl in Pensacola, Florida said: I met with the FA, had my phone interview where it was discovered that I had a hospital bill that had gone into collections a few years prior. The fact that the hospital bill was over $2,000 knocked me out of being considered, until I pay it off. It is, evidently, a compliance issue and has nothing to do with whether a person is suited for the job otherwise. Evidently Edward Jones has to uphold their compliance policy and they hire NO ONE with debts that have gone to collection if the debt is still outstanding, even if you are paying on it.

82 months ago

My understanding is if it is under $1500 that you have left to pay, they will make an exception. You do need to disclose this to the recruiter when they call you.

82 months ago

You have to disclose it when the recruiter calls you and does the initial screening. They should have asked you directly if you had any bad debts, or anything in collections. I would be surprised if they didn't ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Thanks for that. That makes me feel a lot better. I will talk to the recruiter about it.

82 months ago

thanks alot my collections equal $1100 so i think im good...I will call my recruiter tommorow...or should I wait till friday?? friday is my 1 hour interview.

kellyss in Janesville, Wisconsin

82 months ago

I received a call/message on answer machine from EJ after doing the two phone interviews, and the FA face to face for a BOA position. I see on this board about your credit history and was wondering if they have the same strictness with BOA as a FA? I had some credit issues and was wondering if they have called and the message said they had an employment offer, did they already do this check and I am ok, or will they do it once I accept the offer as further background checking? Thanks for any help!
K

82 months ago

well today i had a phone interview and I was asked about the collections I had to send over a statement expaining them and the status of them, he told me it shouldnt be a problem but that he cant give me a definite answer because he doesnt know what compliance will say...this is killing me i hope it doesnt come back to haunt me..my collections total $900 and I will pay them if it affects anything...if you got an offer already then your all set.

kellyss in Janesville, Wisconsin said: I received a call/message on answer machine from EJ after doing the two phone interviews, and the FA face to face for a BOA position. I see on this board about your credit history and was wondering if they have the same strictness with BOA as a FA? I had some credit issues and was wondering if they have called and the message said they had an employment offer, did they already do this check and I am ok, or will they do it once I accept the offer as further background checking? Thanks for any help!
K

82 months ago

Are you going for FA or for a BOA position or doesn't it matter. I have nothing in collections now, but after a seperation from my husband a year ago, I did get behind on some card bills and struggled for a bit to pay them, so I am not sure what this will do. The phone message I got stated that they wanted to discuss an employment opportunity(for the position I had been interviewing for), but I noticed that they re-posted the job on a certain job site again yesterday. Not sure what this means, but I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to find out.
Thanks,
K

82 months ago

Im going for the FA position which I think would require stricter guidlines since the FA is the one directly dealing with the finances.Dont worry about the re-post they need a back up.In their eyes you still havent accepted the postion so they always keep looking.

kellyss in Janesville, Wisconsin said: Are you going for FA or for a BOA position or doesn't it matter. I have nothing in collections now, but after a seperation from my husband a year ago, I did get behind on some card bills and struggled for a bit to pay them, so I am not sure what this will do. The phone message I got stated that they wanted to discuss an employment opportunity(for the position I had been interviewing for), but I noticed that they re-posted the job on a certain job site again yesterday. Not sure what this means, but I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to find out.
Thanks,
K

82 months ago

Thanks,
I am not too worried, if I get this job GREAT! But if not then I am scheduled to go back to school in Business Management, so it is a win-win either way.
I would LOVE to get this job as it is only 3 miles from my house, and it sounds like a great company to work for, but I also realize I have made credit mistakes in the past, and will have to deal with the consequences if that is the case. I know there are other companies that will hire me for my experience, and on top of that my new schooling if that is the case, so I am OK with whatever happens. Thank you for the info! I appreciate the help!
K

williewonder in Belmont, North Carolina

82 months ago

I've had two telephone interviews and am set for a f2f next week, and am required to have contacts and surveys. Is this where I will recieve the offer? Is there another f2f before the offer? Is there a drug test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

well I just got a call back from the recruiter, he went through compliance and i guess my collections are ok. now I have to give him a call back for the next step.I think its the face to face after this..williwonder I have the same question as you. But I dont think you receive the offer right then and there, you receive a call back with an offer because everything has to be re-reviewed by he hiring team.

Missy in Bradenton, Florida

82 months ago

Hi everyone, as far as the hiring process goes, it is like a 10 step process. It is depicted in the website how it goes. If you get past the interview process, it is the least of your worries! there are about 4 phone interwiews and 2 face to face. Then comes all the paperwork, criminal backround checks, fingerprints etc. If you have ever been arrested, you will not get a job offer. Even if you are 40 now and when you were 20 you were arrested for having a fake ID. After all is said and done and an offer is made and a hire date is agreed on, you start the studying process. You a re put into a group of about 50 people from around the country to study for the Series 7. I studied for about 70 hrs a week for 2 months. The 2 months are very intense. You need total family support. Someone picking kids up from school etc. Nobody could believe what I was doing. Constant conference calls, daily tests, etc. I did not have a day off the whole time. When it came time to take the Series, I missed it by 2 questions. It is a pass/fail situation. And if you don't pass you are let go. I left my career of 10 yrs to do this and just like that done, no job. Its okay though, it allowed me to see other opprotunities to open up. EJ is an amazing company though. Just realize what you are getting into. Everything EJ says though, word for word is true! Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Ok, here is what has happened with me as of now for a BOA position. I did the two phone interviews, the face to face with the FA in the office, the skills test also at that time, I received a phone call from recruiter and we finally made contact today after playing phone tag for two days. I was offered the position, CONTINGENT on the background check. I asked her about the credit check and she told me for this position they look at bankruptcies, liens, and judgements, if you have any that are ongoing and/or not discharged off your report, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED FOR BOA. I should be just fine in this area, so I will know in 5-7 business days if the offer holds. They are sending out the employee info today via UPS and once the background goes through and I return the paperwork I was offered a start date of January 2, 2008, which I accepted. SO, I think I am feeling pretty good about things and I will keep you posted.
K

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick McDevitt in Florida

82 months ago

The arrested thing is incorrect. I am sorry that you studied 70 hrs for 2 months and didn't pass............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Missy in Bradenton, Florida

82 months ago

Nick McDevitt in Florida said: The arrested thing is incorrect. I am sorry that you studied 70 hrs for 2 months and didn't pass............

Nick, how do you know? Do you work for EJ in HR/recruiting? I don't know maybe the EJ recruiter was lying to me. There were two of us in the process and that was the outcome. As far as your sarcasm for not passing the Series... grow up. This is supposed to be an informative site for those intrested in the company. I am assuming you have a 7 license, so you should appreciate that it is not an easy test by any means, if so everyone would be a stockbroker. I had no prior experience whatsoever in the industry and it was difficult, I'm not scared to admit it. I am just trying to give out any info I have to help anyone trying to make a decision. If anyone has anymore questions, I'd love to help with anything I can! Again this is an amazing opprotunity, and a great company!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

can someone give me some insight please..as to where I am and if i am being seriously considered for the FA position or just dragged along the process.

Ive had 3 phone conversations-only 2 of these seemed like "interviews" .

I did the office visit and I am scheduled to move forward in the process on dec 17th I will be getting a call for another 15-20 minute "conversation" about the points discussed in the office visit. Does anyone know if I am seriously being considered? or what sort of questions will be asked in this phone conversation.The steps on the EJ website tell me theres just 1 phone interview which I though I had completed so i was expecting the Face -to-Face next, im just a bit confused and I really want this job, I have put every other offer on hold for this potential opportunity and I dont know if its a good idea to continue or I will just keep getting dragged on.Its been over a month already.

M Christianson1976 in Oak Forest, Illinois

82 months ago

If anyone is looking for an alternative to Edward Jones in the U.S. contact me. I'm offering an independent opportunity that is very similar but with less of the hiring hassles. Same independent type set up so as long as you pass the necessary background checks and seem to be the right fit you have a career. I hate to use the word job because most people associate that with hourly wage. Email me at mchristianson1976@sbcglobal.net.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ann Kelley in Detroit, Michigan

82 months ago

I have been considering applying to EJ but I am concerned with the background check and what they really look at. After going thru a very difficult divorce, I was left with absolutely nothing and had to build a life for my kids and I and it has been a very difficult road. There have been late payments on and off and a few collections that checker my unfortuante board !! How will these things come into play and is it worth the while even applying??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tfrank in Snellville, Georgia

82 months ago

Over two weeks ago, I applied online for a BOA position that is open at a local office and I haven't heard anything back yet. How long does it normally take before you hear something? I know several people that currently work in the office and they were all excited that I had applied and thought that I would be a good fit to work there, so I am kind of surprised that I haven't even received a phone call. As of last week, my resume had not even been sent to them from the St. Louis office. Also, I am trying to figure out if maybe the reason St. Louis hasn't forwarded my resume is because of something that was on the application. I'm wondering if maybe it was the requested salary. I am currently making $12.50 per hour in my current job, so I just wrote that as the requested salary...is that too much??? Too little???

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.