How to get a job at Edward Jones.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 2404)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

kellyss in Janesville, Wisconsin

83 months ago

I GOT THE JOB!!!! I am so excited! I start on January 2 as BOA in the new Milton, WI office! I got the call yesterday that the background and credit check came back approved and I can work for EJ!
Thanks for the support here!
K

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GonetoGood in Woodbridge, Virginia

83 months ago

It has been ten days since my face to face interview and I have not heard back. Do they give you a call if you get the position? If you do not do they still call or do they send you a letter? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Missy in Bradenton, Florida

83 months ago

Yes, they will call you back. The person who conducted the face to face, possibly did not get back to home office right away w/ how the interview went. Good luck. Why not give St Louis a call?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

GonetoGood in Woodbridge, Virginia

83 months ago

Excellent, thanks for the response. I just called and emailed my contact in St. Louis so maybe I will hear something from soon. Thanks again!

tfrank in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

One more question, are BOAs required to travel? I know it sounds silly, but I hate to fly and now I am wondering if the job requires you to go meetings in St. Louis.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

HBAGENT in La Palma, California

83 months ago

I had my last face to face today. Back ground check is done etc etc. This has almost taken me 2 months. I dont feel worried at all I worked for the same mortgage company for almost ten years and sold my ass off. 48 Million in business last year. THey are very picky on back ground and if you can not handle rejection I think. I think this is a great company and will let you know my outcome.

HBAGENT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

BOA's do not really travel. They had a yearly mtg for the region and it was done south in Miamai. FA's travel a little and the BOA's have to be in the office to hold down the fort. If your FA is involved in some programs, like Goodknight, you would travel to St Louis or Tempe for training purposes, other than that, I dont see much travel time for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tfrank in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

Glad to hear that I probably wouldn't have to travel if I get the job. The BOA job sounds like a great job, but the prospect of having to travel definitely concerned me.
I finally got a phone call from St. Louis today. They sent me the application to fill out, and they also scheduled a phone interview. Wish me luck!

83 months ago

Just take your time. I am very very excited about the FA position.

shay318 in Dayton, Ohio

83 months ago

What is the hiring process like for a Branch Office Admin?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

J Wicks in Kelowna, British Columbia

83 months ago

I have been considering EJ as a career for some time now. I really enjoy personal finance and helping others, so I believe I would be well suited for this position.

I am a little concerned about the door to door selling (gaining trust of locals) since my husband and I are new to the area, but I also feel that I could handle it psychologically and due to the EJ training. Luckily my husband has a good job so the low initial pay isn't too frightening.

Regarding the training though, I have a question about the possible repayment if you leave EJ. IF you are "let go" (b4 the 3 years is up), do you have to repay the training, or is this only if you quit? The materials do not indicate the actual fees for the training.

williewonder in Belmont, North Carolina

83 months ago

I know EJ does a Background, criminal history, and credit check. Is ther a drug test involved? And do they randomly test current employees?

83 months ago

Yes

83 months ago

Yes, a drug test is involved, among other things such as fingerprinting, HR paperwork. After that, no more drug testing that I am aware of

83 months ago

J Wicks in Kelowna, British Columbia said: I have been considering EJ as a career for some time now. I really enjoy personal finance and helping others, so I believe I would be well suited for this position.

I am a little concerned about the door to door selling (gaining trust of locals) since my husband and I are new to the area, but I also feel that I could handle it psychologically and due to the EJ training. Luckily my husband has a good job so the low initial pay isn't too frightening.

Regarding the training though, I have a question about the possible repayment if you leave EJ. IF you are "let go" (b4 the 3 years is up), do you have to repay the training, or is this only if you quit? The materials do not indicate the actual fees for the training.

If you are let go, yes. The training fees, I believe are about $10000. In the first year the invest about $100000 in you. The paperwork that they send you is very detailed and explained in simple terms. You would receive this info w/ acceptance of employment offer, contingent upon drug test, fingerprinting etc

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

I was given the offer today. I am very excited.

83 months ago

How much is the base when you are in the four months of training?

sofs07 in Minneapolis, Minnesota

83 months ago

Hi!
I am seriously considering applying for a FA position at Jones. I saw an ad on Careerbuilder today for a BOA position. I called the FA in which office that position is open and met with him this afternoon. Very interesting! FA seems like a better fit for me than BOA.
I am very curious about what the training salary is while you're studying for your exams. Sounds like salary is coming in for the first year?
For those of you who have gotten offers or have worked/are working at Jones, could you shed some light? I want to know what kind of financial adjustments we need to make before I jump into it.. Thanks a million!! I found all the messages on this board to be very insightful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

B. J. in Sterrett, Alabama said: I am an FA in training at EDJ. My concern is that the level of pressure doesn't ever seem to let up. We are told that our families come first - yet, we get quotas that cannot be met without sacrificing virtually all time with our families. I just finished my first week of training in St. Louis and am wondering if I should stay on with the firm. Charles, what is your "quality of life" at Jones?

Hey, just wondering how things are going at Jones now that you've been there (maybe? hopefully!) for 4 months. Can you shed some light on your salary during this first year? Are the bonuses hard to get? Are you working a million hours/week?
Thanks!!

K in Inglewood, California

83 months ago

E-Rod in Las Vegas, Nevada said: well today i had a phone interview and I was asked about the collections I had to send over a statement expaining them and the status of them, he told me it shouldnt be a problem but that he cant give me a definite answer because he doesnt know what compliance will say...this is killing me i hope it doesnt come back to haunt me..my collections total $900 and I will pay them if it affects anything...if you got an offer already then your all set.

Hi E-Rod,

I am wondering if you got the offer yet. I was due for my 25 surveys and f2f then compliance sent me a letter denying me because of my collections (roughly $2500). I asked if I would still be considered if I paid them off, which I am currently doing. Plus, there are three items I need to dispute. They said yes. Has anyone had this experience? Moogiegurl did you ever pay down your debt and were you reconsidered? My interviewing was going really well and I thought I was through because at the time the hiring dept said they were just waiting on the criminal part of my check. I really still want the job and am determined to find a way in. Thanks for any info you may have that could help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

E-Rod in Las Vegas, Nevada

83 months ago

well hey my recruiter sent my situation straight to compliance, I filled out a form and he sent it of it came back good and they said I can move forward.Unfotunatly my last phone interview got re-scheduled until the 26th so Im still in the interview process.If you pay them down you will still be in consideration from what I understand. And I also have a question for you.I did my office visit about 3 weeks ago then got scheduled for a phone interview which will cover the office visit, that phone interview is for the 26th of December.Do you have any idea what steps come after that?is it the face to face.?

K in Inglewood, California said: Hi E-Rod,

I am wondering if you got the offer yet. I was due for my 25 surveys and f2f then compliance sent me a letter denying me because of my collections (roughly $2500). I asked if I would still be considered if I paid them off, which I am currently doing. Plus, there are three items I need to dispute. They said yes. Has anyone had this experience? Moogiegurl did you ever pay down your debt and were you reconsidered? My interviewing was going really well and I thought I was through because at the time the hiring dept said they were just waiting on the criminal part of my check. I really still want the job and am determined to find a way in. Thanks for any info you may have that could help.

83 months ago

E-Rod in Las Vegas, Nevada said: well hey my recruiter sent my situation straight to compliance, I filled out a form and he sent it of it came back good and they said I can move forward.Unfotunatly my last phone interview got re-scheduled until the 26th so Im still in the interview process.If you pay them down you will still be in consideration from what I understand. And I also have a question for you.I did my office visit about 3 weeks ago then got scheduled for a phone interview which will cover the office visit, that phone interview is for the 26th of December.Do you have any idea what steps come after that?is it the face to face.?

You have to do the surveys and schedule your face to face. Read about the ethics and practices of EJones on their website and shoot from the hip. They asked me "Why should we spend 100K on you?" My answer was "Why the hell not?" I think it shocked them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

HBAGENT in La Palma, California said: You have to do the surveys and schedule your face to face. Read about the ethics and practices of EJones on their website and shoot from the hip. They asked me "Why should we spend 100K on you?" My answer was "Why the hell not?" I think it shocked them.

Good feedback!! When I called a local FA to meet with him to get more info he seemed surprise (pleasantly) that someone was contacting him directly and being proactive vs. just applying through the web. It sounds like Jones appreciates honesty and initiative?
I'm still dying to know about first year salary.. can anyone shed some light? how is it structured? Is there a set amount or is it negotiable? Thanks!!!

K in Inglewood, California

83 months ago

E-Rod in Las Vegas, Nevada said: well hey my recruiter sent my situation straight to compliance, I filled out a form and he sent it of it came back good and they said I can move forward.Unfotunatly my last phone interview got re-scheduled until the 26th so Im still in the interview process.If you pay them down you will still be in consideration from what I understand. And I also have a question for you.I did my office visit about 3 weeks ago then got scheduled for a phone interview which will cover the office visit, that phone interview is for the 26th of December.Do you have any idea what steps come after that?is it the face to face.?

after my office visit I had the "behavioral interview." it lasted for about 40 minutes and you have to be really prepared to give detailed answers for questions pertaining to "what did you do when you had a deadline and didn't make it?" or "describe a situation where you changed the structure/systems..?" etc. there is great potential for a rambling answer so just jot down some answers. they can't be stock answers though. they type all your answers and review them. and then call you back for the 25 surveys and f2f. Good Luck E-Rod!! I am still determined to get in. What type of "form" did they have you fill out? Was it something in addition to the consent form?

83 months ago

Ok here is what I remember about it. Its not big thats for sure. First two months while studying roughly 2200 gross. Then after that it goes to I think 2800. It its a tiered structure and it peaks I think at maybe 3200 then goes down towards the end of your first year. But the positive once you can start selling after the formal training that is added to what you make. So the it really depends on the work that is put in. In my case being in Ca. I will most likely have to liquidate some EDJ holdings that I have to make things a little more comfortable. Because it sure isnt cheap in O.C. cal.

83 months ago

Thank you SO much for the info!!!
Not cheap in OC but oh, so nice!!! :)
beats the 9 degrees that we've been having in MN! :-)

83 months ago

Sorry if you've already answered this question, but.. how long have you been a FA for EDJ? were the bonuses doable in the first year?
I'm now setting up a meeting with the Regional guy, hopefully for tomorrow. I met with a FA that would sponsor me on Tuesday. If it seems like a good fit, I'll apply online after I have had a chance to meet with the Regional guy. They said they would then contact St. Louis to have them look for my resume asap.. I've been told that EDJ is keen on getting more women FAs.. i'm on, btw.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Yah but your Darn Vikings are keeping my Saints out of the playoffs. I think it will be a great Company to work for. I Now know four FAs. ONe in N.Y. who got me involved and three in So. Cal. They can be your best tool. Just drop in on them and pick their brains. They will all say how tough it is but I asked one who has been in for three years "You still door knockin?" He just laughed at me. First to years are the key.

83 months ago

Thanks!!
not a big football fan, so you guys can kick the Vikes' butts anytime.
:-)

83 months ago

I just was hired last week. And dont start studying until the 4th.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Very cool!! I just set up a meeting with the regional growth guy for my region for tomorrow. I guess if he thinks I should pursue it and what he tells me sounds good, I'll start the process of applying formally. :-)

83 months ago

I had to wait in a clinic to pee test and then go get prints taken at the Police station. Kinda crazy but that is what the SEC requires. They told me I am going to have a pretty nuts study schedule which I am ready for.

TNT01 in Virginia

83 months ago

Well I guess I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. I am a Deputy Court Clerk with a lot of Administrative experience but none in sales. I have been wanting to get into sales for a while now. I sent my resume to EJ and the sent me an email to do an online assessment. I did that last night and they called me today. I missed the call and it was after 7:30pm when I returned the call (obviously I had to leave a message) I've read a lot about the company and I've very confused. I would just hate to leave my current position with state benefits and guaranteed income but I am going nowhere. I am making now what Ill be making in 30 years (plus the measly cost-of-living raises) I want a position where the financially security is available. I don't mind working my butt off, I've been doing that since I was 14. I'm just not sure if EJ is the way to go. If anyone has any insite, I would greatly apprciate it!! Thanks in advance.

83 months ago

I don't have more insight than what you already know, but perhaps just reassuring you that some times it's good to leave the good old safe job for the potential of knowing that you are the master of your own destiny and that you won't have to (I presume) put up with as much BS over which you have no control. For me, at the age of 36, I am just tired of getting into jobs that go nowhere, with no leadership to speak of..
So, personally I'm ready to do something that I can be passionate about. The fact that EDJ pays a base pay initially and they then pay for office equipment, lease, utilities gives me some peace of mind. The risk is not as big as with many other companies, right? and if they are making such a great investment, I expect that they would put the tools in your hands to make sure that you are succesful. If nothing else, I hope this makes you feel a bit less scared about the change.
Cheers!!

83 months ago

This may be a comfort to you. I come from a 10yr MTG sales back ground and things have been very lucrative. I AM OVER AND DONE!!!! Could not even think of it anymore. With EJ you are your own boss hold the key to your own success. I was told a below average FA averages between 50 and 60K. You could do that with just referrals. You put your mind to it and with the backing and support you will have as with the three FAs whom I have become friends with you cant fail in my eyes.

Moogiegurl in Pensacola, Florida

83 months ago

K in Inglewood, California said: Hi E-Rod,

Actually I wasn't in a position to pay the amount I owed ($5K, with about $2K that I needed to dispute) so they said they would hold onto my app until after the 1st of the year and call me back then. In the meanwhile, I was offered a very good career position with a close to 6 figure income potential. I couldn't turn it down, so I accepted 4 weeks ago. I am very happy where I'm at, so I will probably take my time to pay off my collections now that I have an income coming in, and am not dependent upon paying it to get a job. If this hadn't come along though, I would be trying to figure out a way to overcome my obstacles so I could go to work for them. I think they offer an awesome opportunity to anyone who isn't afraid of networking and knocking on doors everyday. Moogiegurl

E-Rod in Las Vegas, Nevada

83 months ago

Hello K thank you I have been numerous times that I am close to the end and I hope I get the offer soon because I have passed on some opportunities because the process has been drawn out soo long..over two months now...but I missed my last appointment so that delayed it an extra week...the good thing is that im prepared for almost any question they throw at me..as far as the form it was called a "credit compliance fom" something along those lines it was additional to the consent form the recruiter emailed it and i sent back an explanation of every single collection and its status and what I was doing to fix it and where I would be in the future..I work with credit every day so it wasnt hard for me to know what they were looking and he called back that same day and told me that compliance had said it was ok to move forward so here I am...hoping for the best.

K in Inglewood, California said: after my office visit I had the "behavioral interview." it lasted for about 40 minutes and you have to be really prepared to give detailed answers for questions pertaining to "what did you do when you had a deadline and didn't make it?" or "describe a situation where you changed the structure/systems..?" etc. there is great potential for a rambling answer so just jot down some answers. they can't be stock answers though. they type all your answers and review them. and then call you back for the 25 surveys and f2f. Good Luck E-Rod!! I am still determined to get in. What type of "form" did they have you fill out? Was it something in addition to the consent form?

83 months ago

Congrats on your new position, Moogiegurl!
I wonder if they are looking for good credit scores, or just few collections? I thankfully don't have anything in collections now, but my credit score is not perfect by any means.. Thanks for the insight! I'm so grateful that I found this board!!

83 months ago

THey are looking for Collectiones,judgements, or liens. What their worry is if you have a collection over lets say 4 to 5k and dont own a home. When you open the branch they are worried that their property would then come into play etc etc. I do not believe its credit score based.

83 months ago

Thank you!!

ms sj in Wales, Wisconsin

83 months ago

I am wondering if anyone can give me an idea what is involved with the second phone interview the skills test, and FA interview? I am interested in the BOA position, passed the first phone interview. Just want to do my homework...especially interested in the skills test...I think this could be the ideal job for me!

kellyss in Janesville, Wisconsin

83 months ago

The skills test is done at the interview with the FA. Plan about 1 1/2 to 2 hours for this interview and skill test. The test is basic math, spelling and office type questions with multiple choice. The second phone interview is with the recruter that covers your home area and is basic "what would/did you do" scenario questions. Hope this helps!
K

Saloni Bassi in Toronto, Ontario

83 months ago

Hi E-Rod...

Presently i am going through the same situation as you were during your following queries..

"I did the office visit and I am scheduled to move forward in the process on dec 17th I will be getting a call for another 15-20 minute "conversation" about the points discussed in the office visit. Does anyone know if I am seriously being considered? or what sort of questions will be asked in this phone conversation.The steps on the EJ website tell me theres just 1 phone interview which I though I had completed so i was expecting the Face -to-Face next, im just a bit confused and I really want this job, I have put every other offer on hold for this potential opportunity and I dont know if its a good idea to continue or I will just keep getting dragged on.Its been over a month already."

Can you please put more light about the EJ hiring proess after 2nd Telephonic Conversation...

83 months ago

It took a month and a half. It takes a while. Just hold tight. They are sending me a laptop and printer on the 4th of feb to start the study program. I am very excited.

ms sj in Wales, Wisconsin

83 months ago

kellyss in Janesville, Wisconsin said: The skills test is done at the interview with the FA. Plan about 1 1/2 to 2 hours for this interview and skill test. The test is basic math, spelling and office type questions with multiple choice. The second phone interview is with the recruter that covers your home area and is basic "what would/did you do" scenario questions. Hope this helps!
K

Thanks! It's nice to have a general idea of what to expect. Best wishes with your new job!

Saloni Bassi in Toronto, Ontario

83 months ago

I have applied for FA and after two telephonic conversation..they have fixed my appointment with local FA..can you plzz tell em ..what should i expect in that meeting...

jtc in Walnut, California

83 months ago

Saloni Bassi in Toronto, Ontario said: I have applied for FA and after two telephonic conversation..they have fixed my appointment with local FA..can you plzz tell em ..what should i expect in that meeting...

The appointment is your opportunity to ask questions. Your recruiter will provide you with a list of questions that you can ask the FA at the office visit, and the meeting should last about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. This is your chance to learn more about this job and decide if this is something you would want to do, perhaps for the remaining of your career life. After the visit, you will schedule another call with your recruiter that comes about a week later. During that call, you will schedule your phone interview with a different recruiter, and the phone interview comes about one week after this call. After the phone interview, your 2nd recruiter will call you in about 3 to 5 days to let you know if you qualify to move on with the process. When you get that call, you will be asked to schedule your face to face interview with an FA on the leadership team in your area. Before your face to face interview, you will have to complete the survey assignment. I had my office visit on Nov 14th and I just got my offer on Monday the 24th. So my guess is, from where you're at right now, it will take another month or so to complete the process.

83 months ago

THe meeting I had was very casual. But you are right go in loaded with questions. Its your turn to interview them. The main thing they stress is that it is not gravy train for the first couple of years. She used the words "Its hard" through the whole meeting. Now I have accepted my offer but will not start until Feb. And as a matter of fact I am having dinner with the Advisor who I had my office visit with. And I will tell you what the study process is structured beyond belief. And congrats on your offer. I am sure we will meet in person over the next year or sooner.

jtc in Walnut, California

83 months ago

HBAGENT in La Palma, California said: THe meeting I had was very casual. But you are right go in loaded with questions. Its your turn to interview them. The main thing they stress is that it is not gravy train for the first couple of years. She used the words "Its hard" through the whole meeting. Now I have accepted my offer but will not start until Feb. And as a matter of fact I am having dinner with the Advisor who I had my office visit with. And I will tell you what the study process is structured beyond belief. And congrats on your offer. I am sure we will meet in person over the next year or sooner.

My start date is also Feb 4th, so I'm sure we'll meet very soon. Congrats to you too.

83 months ago

Congrats!!!
Just curious about why February 4th start? Did you chose the date because you needed some time between jobs or do they just have set start dates for larger groups of new FAs?
I finished sending the application through yesterday; I emailed the FAs with whom I met last week to let them know so they can alert headquarters.. anyway, we'll see... I was told during my meeting last week that if I really want this there is absolutely no saying 'I'm going to try' or anything uncertain like that.. I'm getting the job!! :-)

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.