survey process for Edward Jones - rethinking

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

JA132 in waterford, Michigan

58 months ago

Well I am in the survey part of the interview process. I did 10 yesterday and promised I'd do 18 with the idea of completing 25 prior to my interview next week. However, of the 10 I completed, 7 were older men. 4 of those men gave me some sort of advise about the safety of a woman going knocking on people's door. I know they were trying to be helpful. I really hadn't thought about this part until I went out and did the surveys - I have no problem talking to people and I had only 1 person decline to the survey. But it got me thinking, is this really a safe job? I mean, I could be knocking on some sex offenders' door in effort to fill out a survey. Apparently those 4 men got to me because I had nightmares about it last night.

Plus it was 42 degrees and slightly raining yesterday. If this is the only way prospecting is done, what happens in February when the windchill is -10 and it's dark at 5 o'clock?

Any thoughts? I'm thinking this is probably not the job for me and am thinking about out and out canceling the interview on Monday, which is shame since I was really excited about it before. Even the long hours and not making anything the first few years didn't scare me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

johnnybegood in New York, New York

56 months ago

Let the people come to you or go strictly into business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ghost1442 in Taunton, Massachusetts

20 months ago

It was informing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.