What's the company culture at Empire Today?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (42)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Empire Today?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Empire Today?

Reply - Report abuse

tommy in Chagrin Falls, Ohio

88 months ago

dont you ever go there they use ur ass with no apprecition for the work you do to them . they alwayes indeeed for installers not because they are bussy , simply because they wanna be on the safe side in case you decide to leave due to the unfairness of job distrebution on the installers ,and that leads for a max of a fifty yards every couple dayes, there are certain 2 installers who gets job due to the bribes between them and the management call ed and robbin ,yr pay check alwayes less for the steeling they do ..... they unrespectefull people rud and beyond yr belive. belive me it was the worst working experince i evere had with empire to day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Jan2 in Amf Ohare, Illinois

88 months ago

tommy in Chagrin Falls, Ohio said: dont you ever go there they use ur ass with no apprecition for the work you do to them . they alwayes indeeed for installers not because they are bussy , simply because they wanna be on the safe side in case you decide to leave due to the unfairness of job distrebution on the installers ,and that leads for a max of a fifty yards every couple dayes, there are certain 2 installers who gets job due to the bribes between them and the management call ed and robbin ,yr pay check alwayes less for the steeling they do ..... they unrespectefull people rud and beyond yr belive. belive me it was the worst working experince i evere had with empire to day

Nothing personal. But, your spelling is horrible. If you want to compete/advance in today's job market, you should consider a writing class or a subject where you can advance your knowledge. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

tommy in Chagrin Falls, Ohio

88 months ago

excuses as usuall ,to cover up yr failure ass ,and to cover up some of the bribes you do take under the table ..after all it is a carpet installation it is not nasa .tooo bad ...thats yr reality excuses ,excuses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Victoria in Bronx, New York

88 months ago

I'm a former employee of Empire. First off, my hours started out as 6:30 am to 3 pm. Then they asked me (or should I say) nagged me to start work at 5:30 am. I then started at 5:30 am and got up at 3 am for work each morning. Some were asked to start work at 4 am.

The office dress code is casual even though I was told I couldn't wear my leggings the next day to work and was told in front of other's (not privately) which made me feel uncomfortable.

You cannot mention "God" or have anything on your desk that merely resembles religeon. You are not allowed to even have red or green decor in your cubicle. The "Christmas" party we had in December we had to refer as a "gathering".

Profanity seems to be permitted as I hear it from managers as well as coworkers on a daily basis. I wasn't at all to fond of some of the music selections that was played everyday in the office. Each day I would hear someone playing songs with profanity along with being exposed to constant sex jokes.

Also, if certain errors were made on orders as much as three times, you are terminated! The first time you're spoken to, the second time you're written up and the third time you are out the door! If you're an exceptionally good worker, you may get a raise of 24 cents/hr.

I have taken my work very seriously and have avoided making errors at all costs except made an error on an order after I was yelled by my supervisor to "hurry up!" I feel I would not have made the error if I wasn't rushed.

There were many times at the office where I felt I was going to literally "loose it". I was tempted to take time off to sign myself in a mental instutution! Then I was in a car accident and was on disability for over four months. Empire Today sent me a letter saying my position was taken over by someone else and that if I wanted to come back I would have to reapply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chas in Chicago, Illinois

86 months ago

First, keep in mind that Empire Today is a nation wide company. They started in Chicago, yet the less than professional or helpful responses are from locations in New York and Ohio.

Tommy's responses may be true, but his ability to communicate his thoughts is horrible. If he had better communications skills, he might be able to properly notify his HR or outside organization to help resolve that problem. I realize that I will get a disrespectful response similar to what Jan received and I can guarantee that it still won't be grammatically correct. By the way, that means written using the English language we all were taught in grade school.

Victoria, you received that notification because you've exhausted your company benefit for Short Term Disability. That is a benefit that the company provided you and every company will treat you the same way. Would you rather they eliminate your job and those of your coworkers so they are outsourced overseas? Regardless whether your accident was your fault or not, they have customers to serve who pay everyone’s paycheck. If you’re not helping that cause, then they need to find someone who will.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Elmhurst, Illinois

86 months ago

I'm a vendor of Empire Today on a National basis. My experience is that their management and HR staff in all locals are professional in nature and demeanor. Most managers are responsive, and I know that HR takes complaints seriously. Many of the installers are entry-level and would be considered by most to be "unskilled labor". That's not meant to belittle anyone but rather to indicate an individual with at best a High School education and no vocational training. I have heard profanity used by a number of their managers, however most weere willing to curtail it when asked. The enviornment as a whole, from an outside persepctive is relaxed in nature, and extremely blue collar as a whole. Even the sales force must be described as blu-collar in nature.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jewelya in Atlanta, Georgia

72 months ago

Are there any sales representatives out there that can tell me the reality of what i am getting into? I just completed my second week of training as a sales rep, in the Atlanta area. Supposedly it is the best market ( in the nation?) Well thats what they say.
If you have been there, done that let me know why they seem to be setting up another training class when we all just completed training and 14 new reps were just hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Greg 54 in Dallas, Georgia

63 months ago

jewelya in Atlanta, Georgia said: Are there any sales representatives out there that can tell me the reality of what i am getting into? I just completed my second week of training as a sales rep, in the Atlanta area. Supposedly it is the best market ( in the nation?) Well thats what they say.
If you have been there, done that let me know why they seem to be setting up another training class when we all just completed training and 14 new reps were just hired.

I am considering sending in a resume in to Empire for a sales position. I was curious to find out how you ended up. Are you still with Empire. How have you been treated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

EagerOne in Dallas, Georgia

59 months ago

Greg 54 in Dallas, Georgia said: I am considering sending in a resume in to Empire for a sales position. I was curious to find out how you ended up. Are you still with Empire. How have you been treated.

Greg 54, did you go through sending in the resume? If so, did anything come of it?

D

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Yes I did send my resume in. I actually was hired. It didn't last long though. I went through 2 weeks of training with about 9 others. After my two weeks of training they had another training class coming up that had around 31 new sales reps coming in. That in itself was a red flag. After this I started going on appointments by myself. Although I was closing about 65 per cent of my sales the financing would fall through. Most of the people that wanted this were low income or had bad credit. In two weeks I this I made a grand total of around $150.00. And it wasn't just me that didn't make anything it was many others as well. I'm sure that they would say that if you didn't make it you were just a loser. I have been in sales for a long time and have seen a lot of things. But the way they do business just seems to be almost unethical. I'm not saying it is, but I in good concious could not continue to do business like this. Get ready to be on call everyday that you are on schedule from 9 am to 9 pm. Then you have to come home and do your paperwork that has to be in before 12 midnight. From talking to others if you have a few bad weeks in a row they may start to give you less leads. I was told that most of my leads would be in my area. That was a joke. I went several times to areas really far from my home. I amy have an appointment at 11 am and not get another until 7 pm but it also was away from my home. So I would have to just sit somewhere and wait. Also be prepared to go to an appointment and no one is home or when you get there the customer wants something that has nothing to do with flooring. I traveled one time around 30 miles or so to have a lady tell me she wanted a covering for her outside deck. They do not screen the leads that come in over the internet they just send you out to them. You are not allowed to call the customer in advance to see if they will be there, you just have to show up. I'm saying all of this to say please don't waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Thank you Greg. You just saved me a time and disappointment. :) Have you found any job/career that is worth getting into?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Glad I could help. I don't like to bad mouth anyone. But since you ask I just wanted you to be informed. Also, I have not had much luck finding a job. Thank God my wife has one! This is the first time in my life I have ever been out of work. How about you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Unfortunately I cannot say the same. I was just with a company I was hoping to be long term with. They just laid off 29 people. The odd thing is the company is making money. Just on the block where I live, it looks as though as of 11/20 there will be three of us laid off.

I'm glad that your wife has a position. It does soften things a bit.

Unfortunately for me, this is the second career I've had, the first being electronics, now software Lotus Notes programmer. I've been staying alive mostly by having contract jobs. As I look back, God has taken care of me but these transitions are killing. I'm not oppose to changing "careers" but don't want to be sucked into some shady and/or scam scenario.

Good luck to you in your search. If you find something that works for you, I'd appreciate if you'd update.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

zsnow79 in long beach, California

54 months ago

Anyone from southern California will sales rep experience that can shed some light as to what it is like to work for Empire?

Know mow than bfo.... in Roswell, Georgia

54 months ago

Greg in Dallas.... Being a 'virgin' is what the business model is about; prices are high (frequently mentioned during mandatory weekly sales meeting by management, and proud of it). Installations are done in a very timely manor. However, once deals are turned in the salesperson is completely in the dark as to how price/material adjustments are made by 'Order Entry’ in another state. Installers can back-charge a job and send you below the low and you will never know why or how to correct any errors (even if it is your error) in your pricing so as to prevent it from happening repeatedly. Managers can and will sell orders (out from under the salesperson) below their 3% minimum which is higher than most of the competitors anyway. I know because I did a mystery shopper check at three different stores, two chains and a local guy. (They call it the "Save Team" and they will expect you to go back to write up the deal for 3% comm.. at “below the low” or give it to a ‘Poster Boy’ rep if the ticket is big enough for them to go just ‘write it up’. I know because they gave me some of those leads back when they were trying to build me up before I got wise to the whole business model). Try driving 120 miles round trip twice to write up a $1500 order at 3%, it doesn't take long for a rookie to figure out they are going backwards! That’s $45 bucks to drive 240 miles and about 7 hours of your life. If that's not enough to piss you off when you get your check and recap sheet the commission will be 'ZERO' by default and you will have go thru compensation management to get paid for the crumbs several weeks later. It discourages the rep from getting anything at all, (part of the business model, too) which isn't enough to survive on and pay bills, leaving the company and never seeing payment for services rendered. I saw over 200 people come and go thru training, most burn out in less than a month, by the time you figure out the game its too late.

Here's an interesting statistic manage

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Here's an interesting statistic management revealed in two separate unrelated events. The average carpet sale (not counting any expenses incurred by the rep for the "not at home" or "quote only" or bad credit "pending finance" sales which will eat into your commissions severely) is less than $1600.00 and the average commission nationwide is less than 4%. Do the math and you see why only their 'Poster Boy's' that get the best leads in the best areas can survive long term. (Even they get pissed at the system but management strokes them enough to keep up the bluff.) What is a 'Poster Boy'..... if you work every deal you can be just like...!

Here's the deal... only sign up to go to areas where folks average $100k+ a year consistently, where your not driving 150-300 miles a day and get four quality leads in these High Income areas, not carpet for the stairs! Then you may have a chance to make decent money, and you better be good at sucking up to stay in the elite group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Know mow than bfo.... in Roswell, Georgia said: Here's an interesting statistic management revealed in two separate unrelated events. The average carpet sale (not counting any expenses incurred by the rep for the "not at home" or "quote only" or bad credit "pending finance" sales which will eat into your commissions severely) is less than $1600.00 and the average commission nationwide is less than 4%. Do the math and you see why only their 'Poster Boy's' that get the best leads in the best areas can survive long term. (Even they get pissed at the system but management strokes them enough to keep up the bluff.) What is a 'Poster Boy'..... if you work every deal you can be just like...!

Here's the deal... only sign up to go to areas where folks average $100k+ a year consistently, where your not driving 150-300 miles a day and get four quality leads in these High Income areas, not carpet for the stairs! Then you may have a chance to make decent money, and you better be good at sucking up to stay in the elite group.

Just curious. How did you get a job as a mystery shopper for Empire Today? Do you think they will change the way they do business with there sales reps?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

I didn't need Empire's approval or money to go shopping and get myself informed. I wanted to know how we would stack up against the competition in a tight estimate comparison and it was an eye opener. You can buy thicker carpet from the same Name Brand supplier with better padding at HD for less money without any price negotiation. I priced out a field drawing Empire's way at the low and then had HD give me a quote right off the same drawing to get the difference; Empire was more than 15% higher at the 3% commission level (which means you will always be going hungry if your not being sent to home with high discretionary income at their disposal that are just not intrested in saving a few hundred bucks by shopping around) and management stresses heavily getting next day installs so they can't have time to shop price on you. I found a better job with 1/10th the paperwork, no telling me when and where to go anymore and weekly spiffs starting at more than two weeks avg. take during my tenor. I make more money weekly in half the time with half the expenses than I made in a month hawking carpet; the wood, vinyl and laminate floor price are way over priced. Yes, they sell a quality product but they don't have a corner on the quality market. About the only time it makes sense is if you have no choice but get a "Next Day" install for some very pressing reason. Most people can wait 3 days if they lived the same carpet for years....and most will shop you and cancellations run as high as 40% of sales made during the ”buy one get two free” sales; and don’t forget all the no shows, estimates at 3%, decision maker not present, never make same day decisions, need to pray about, or financed pending deals that go south and cost the company almost nothing; advertising is a cost of doing business but they don’t have to run crappy leads wasting time, fuel, wear and tear on vehicles (I was on track to do about 70,000 miles my first year). As a system it is a brilliant way to squeeze ever

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

to squeeze every drop out of every deal that goes through with sales the rep. absorbing almost all the expenses. So many fine people I met left for all the same reasons. It’s what the call in the car business a ‘rabbit system’. Why in the world do you think they have a full time trainer for new hire’s? PS Love my job now!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Know mow than bfo.... in Roswell, Georgia said: to squeeze every drop out of every deal that goes through with sales the rep. absorbing almost all the expenses. So many fine people I met left for all the same reasons. It’s what the call in the car business a ‘rabbit system’. Why in the world do you think they have a full time trainer for new hire’s? PS Love my job now!

Well I am glad for you. I left a great job at Lowe's selling appliances a couple of years ago. I was paid a good salary and made excellent money on spiffs. I wish I had that job back. I left on good terms to take another sales job that the economy killed. I then went to Empire, which as you know is a joke.

What kind of work are y9u doing now that you like so well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Jan2 in Amf Ohare, Illinois said: Nothing personal. But, your spelling is horrible. If you want to compete/advance in today's job market, you should consider a writing class or a subject where you can advance your knowledge. Good luck.

Hey Jan! Did you ever try installing carpet? Tommy may not speeell too whale... but he got his point across about Empire. Yours had NOTHING to do ET; so who's "horribly" off topic?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

What kind of work are y9u doing now that you like so well.

How badly do you want to know? No way I'd reveal that info here. My mama always said keep your cards close to your chest!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Know mow than bfo.... in Roswell, Georgia said: What kind of work are y9u doing now that you like so well.

How badly do you want to know? No way I'd reveal that info here. My mama always said keep your cards close to your chest!

That really is a smart ass reply. Remember you started the conversation with your comments to me. But what the heck. To each his own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Greg 54 in Dallas, Georgia said: That really is a smart ass reply. Remember you started the conversation with your comments to me. But what the heck. To each his own.

Now Greg... maybe I'm a what? Sure smart enough not to blow my cover... I have my reasons. My post was about ET not my new job...I just said I'm alot better off; maybe you could a job as a Mystery Shopper?

54 months ago

Know mow than bfo.... in Roswell, Georgia said: Now Greg... maybe I'm a what? Sure smart enough not to blow my cover... I have my reasons. My post was about ET not my new job...I just said I'm alot better off; maybe you could a job as a Mystery Shopper?

Mystery shopper. I knew before I made my last comment that you could not just leave it be. I've got you figured out. You just like to hear yourself. You have an ego that will not quit. People like you are a dime a dozen. By the way, I don't need to be a mystery shopper, although there is nothing wrong with it. I might be out of work, but I sure as hell am a long, long way from being broke. So go ahead and make another smart ass comment. You know that you have to do it. Things like this is what a person like you live for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Actually Greg I was not going to spam you whether you were working or not. It just seemed like you might tip me off if you were looking for a great job and make some kind of meeting arrangement. Taking offense because I don't want to mix ET with the present is short sighted and I will keep what I am doing well out of sight. Getting of the track concerning Et is putting me in the same camp with Jan!

54 months ago

I appreciate your answer and I also am a easy guy to get along with. It just came across as disrespectful. Maybe you did not mean it that way. I'm going to believe that you didn't. For my part by not understanding where you were coming from I'm sorry if I offended you and hope you have a good future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JAM22 in Elmhurst, Illinois

50 months ago

I am considering a sales rep position in the Chicago area. It seems that most of the negative comments are in other parts of the country. Can anyone from the Chicago area comment on what it's like to work for ET as a sales rep?

ekim5670 in Downers Grove, Illinois

40 months ago

Probally the worst place i ever worked! I worked in order management as a product estimator. First let me start by saying that I have worked in the flooring industry for 17yr. Mostly installing, but have also done sales, estimating (blueprint cert through union.) They have a formula for the way the do things, its just that nobody follows it. I was trained by a trainer who just started training and did her best to teach company ways,but is underqualified for this position. Then after training you work in your department where things are completely different. Supervisior has one way, employees do another way, and then your work is monitered by all three telling you that your not follow the formula! lol which one? I made it 30 days and was let go because I could do things "THEIR WAY" none of which is correct. If you can conform to this way of doing things your in! But if you cant, they dont even follow their own procedures of handling this issue. First suppose to have talk with employee and try to help which did happen. But was told would meet and end of week to talk again and go over things again. That meeting never happened! 3 days later got let go, was told I was making to many mistakes, and escorted out of the building! If you are serious about being in the flooring industry or are a true professional in this trade already, this is not the place for you! Look elsewhere! Not to mention are completely ripping off their customer!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Thanks for your comments unreal, i was wondering if it was just the Northlake,Il office that was like that, but after reading your comments and others it sounds like its companywide! I also have a solid work history, and have found other employment. The main reason i even posted a commment was that I was never fired from a job in my 30yr work history, but their expectations,quotas, and lack of structure and training for a company the size of empire is a joke. The people who suck-up the most and are willing to go above and beyond for the least amount of pay will flurish in this enviroment.I've seen it first hand! I would love to see or hear a comment from someone in upper management as to why the dont care that qualified workers are not able to do well at their company. I know empire today is a multi-million dollar business and probally dont care or even read posts here. But have been in the flooring biz for 17 yrs and word of mouth does catch up with everyone, maybe someone in this company will care enough to make the necessary changes! Probally not! lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

DavidD in New York, New York

34 months ago

jewelya in Atlanta, Georgia said: Are there any sales representatives out there that can tell me the reality of what i am getting into? I just completed my second week of training as a sales rep, in the Atlanta area. Supposedly it is the best market ( in the nation?) Well thats what they say.

I am considering Empire. Did you join them and if you have would share the experience with me. Thank you.

34 months ago

zsnow79 in long beach, California said: Anyone from southern California will sales rep experience that can shed some light as to what it is like to work for Empire?

I am considering sending in a resume in to Empire for a sales position. I was curious to find out how you ended up. Are you still with Empire. How have you been treated.

34 months ago

JAM22 in Elmhurst, Illinois said: I am considering a sales rep position in the Chicago area. It seems that most of the negative comments are in other parts of the country. Can anyone from the Chicago area comment on what it's like to work for ET as a sales rep?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Tyson Maltby in Huntsville, Alabama said: that's me up there 19 months ago from Roswell, Ga. I moved to Alabama earlier this year in search of greener pastures and I'll share just a few line here. Why do they have an ongoing training room?..yes..I'll bet you its still there because that is what they over and over.(I saw scores come and go over the 6 mos I was there.) They are fast and do great workmanship! but the price is so high that if you don't sell it next day you lose big. Their 'save team' will go around you to the customer and discount the sale to 'save' it! And your commission right along with it! If your willing to actually do something (a whole lot easier to stomach) hit me up on FaceBook as I have something to share with you that my buddy in Texas called me about. Tyson Maltby says Empire Today is just like it was 19 months ago and thank God my buddy called me; even if it was more than a year after leaving ET. You will drive your car into ground working for them with no gas or mileage expense reimbursement. Bottom Line.. Empire is no Better or Worse than any other corporate rip off company that uses people with absolutely no remorse or regard for the well being of anyone not in the management chain (which is almost as bad as being a rep) corrupting the moral integrity of the people doing their best to make a success in this world. I found a way... (read this and then hit me up if you sick of these horror stories.) No. 1 in the Inc. 500 Food & Beverage category, No. 3 in Revenue and No. 18 on the overall Inc. 500 list. "This achievement puts September edition of the magazine. [Bottom Right Photo}
Thank you for your response.One question: Was there alot of turn over and what are realistic earnings. Thank you once again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

JAM22 in Elmhurst, Illinois said: I am considering a sales rep position in the Chicago area. It seems that most of the negative comments are in other parts of the country. Can anyone from the Chicago area comment on what it's like to work for ET as a sales rep?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Empire Today?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Empire Today?

Someone should forward these comments to Empire! Cant believe this company still does as well as they do with the way they treat employees and their customers. Would love to see someone in Management address some or any of these issues, but I'm not going to hold my breath. In answer to hosts orig question casual dress is the best part of working for this company. Most employees there are friendly but unhappy and it shows on a day to day basis in the work enviroment. This is mostly due to frustration, chaos,and lack of clear cut way of doing things. Its a shame! Making the $$$ is the only thing this company seems to care about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

DavidD in New York, New York said: I am considering sending in a resume in to Empire for a sales position. I was curious to find out how you ended up. Are you still with Empire. How have you been treated.

Would highly discourage you from wasting your time!

34 months ago

Tyson Maltby in Huntsville, Alabama said: you are not alone and the truth is there is not going to be a traditional out for you or millions of people. Some guy just said a similar thing and got spammed by some dude promoting "legal shield"! I'm not in favor of spamming but the truth is the guy doing the spamming is on to something...and Legal Shield is not a bad company. We are not in Kansas anymore. I'm responding to your post minutes later from another part of the country. My buddy called me from Texas and said Hey Tyson have you heard of... now I'm part of the company and growing my network. Its still a dirty word and everybody wants to shun 'relational marketing' while your complaining about not finding a job. I don't want to sell legal protection (UHG!!) but 'living a happier, healthier, and more prosperous life' with a company thats created 110 millionaires in the past 5 years and and has the 2 top net income earners in the world? I'm in..and I'm not even gonaa tell you the name of it! So do some homework...Google 'Brig Hart' and then stop whining and start winning. Hit me up on facebook or email me... dnt_lk_bk@hotmail.com when your ready to.... "git off your rock and on your feet...out of the shade and into the heat!"

Not sure if this comment was directed to me but not whining and do have a job. Just trying to save someone from wasting their time by thinking applying at empire today is a good career choice. I have a good job now for a employer who believes people are worth while. I work hard but make good money. I to was under the impression as many others that a company like empire would appriecate and employee with 17yrs of flooring experience(probally more than anyone I was in contact with there)and would value me as a asset, I was wrong thats all i'm saying. AS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

34 months ago

ekim5670 in Downers Grove, Illinois said: Not sure if this comment was directed to me but not whining and do have a job. Just trying to save someone from wasting their time by thinking applying at empire today is a good career choice. I have a good job now for a employer who believes people are worth while. I work hard but make good money. I to was under the impression as many others that a company like empire would appriecate and employee with 17yrs of flooring experience(probally more than anyone I was in contact with there)and would value me as a asset, I was wrong thats all i'm saying. AS

As for becoming a million in the near future, good luck with that hope it works out for you.

Shelley in Burleson, Texas

27 months ago

Greg 54 in Dallas, Georgia said: I am considering sending in a resume in to Empire for a sales position. I was curious to find out how you ended up. Are you still with Empire. How have you been treated.

How did it work out?

Thomas in Clarksville, Tennessee

16 months ago

I have a questions, I own a company in Tennessee, I have 2 full time crews which we do flooring installation. I am considering networking with Empire and doing some business with them, does anyone know on average what the throughput can be, via average pay for each installer? I realize it would be a calculated formula based on various SQFT square footage, I am just curious. Any information could be helpful. My company currently handles large flooring jobs with commercial installation, walmarts, malls, and warehouses. I am considering joining the company to be a little closer to home. Thank you for any input, Thomas.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.