Epic Systems Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 462)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Epic Systems?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

sapna in Tempe, Arizona

78 months ago

Hi Rohan,

I have a phone interview set up with Epic Systems in two days time. was wondering if you could let me know how your phone interview was like ...what questions can I expect to be asked ..I applied for software development position ... would be great if you can let me know ...thanks a lot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (368) / No (48) Reply - Report abuse

sapna in Tempe, Arizona

78 months ago

hey thanks for the update. what position are you interviewing for? all the best for the programming test!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Aditya Kanitkar in Tempe, Arizona

78 months ago

Thanks shilpu... yeah, I am also from ASU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

ATrAngi in Boston, Massachusetts

76 months ago

Can anybody comment on the actual onsite interview process at Epic ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

conrad20 in Cookeville, Tennessee

76 months ago

I have just been invited to attend the onsite interview with Epic as well. Please let me know how yours was and if all that stuff about over-working young college students in the previous posts are true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

samantha cook in Madison, Wisconsin

75 months ago

ATrAngi in Boston, Massachusetts said: Can anybody comment on the actual onsite interview process at Epic ?

I applied for the executive assistant position in Wisconsin. I had a phone interview on Thursday, and received an email minutes after we hung up the phone to schedule an in-person interview on Friday (had 2 interviews with 2 different people and had 2 hours of testing). I now have 2 more interviews this Wednesday (also more testing). hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

india bharat in Alabama

75 months ago

Hi i had a phone interview with epic in december. They have contacted me and asked me to take a skills assessment test. I took the test almost 20 days ago and still did not get any reply. I did well in the skills test. How much time they take after skills assessment test to respond?? If i did not get a reply until 20 days does it mean hat they rejected me??

Any comments will be helpful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (86) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

india bharat in Florida

75 months ago

Hi finally, i got a letter from epic saying that i got rejected.
goodluck to all of you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

FairIsFair in Madison, Wisconsin

75 months ago

Before I accepted the job offer of Epic, I collected a lot of negative comments, too. But think twice before pass any judgment to Epic.

Epic tends to be conservative, in terms of technology and policy. But conservative is not necessary a bad thing. Imagine you are running a hospital, what is your most concern? The latest information technology? The stylish interface? Or simply make the hospital run, smoothly and efficiently? After several months being Epic, I gradually understand a lot of things, such as GPA requirement. But one thing I still don’t understand: why Epic keeps its public website so simple, or shabby? That does not mean Epic does not have the expertise to make it fancy, on the contrary, Epic has a quite pretty and convenient intranet.

Epic simply keeps silent on rumors. 60-70 hours per week is not accurate. Epic is quite normal. Think twice before you take information from internet; ask a person if you can. Or ask the HR person directly. That’s also my biggest lesson from last round of job hunting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

FairIsFair in Madison, Wisconsin

75 months ago

By the way, topcoder.com is good site for practicing. The question there can be for any big company, such as google.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

neuron in Gainesville, Florida

75 months ago

hi all,

i have a phone interview scheduled with Epic systems.
i guess there is no mch discussion abt the phone interview.
it wud really be helpful if you post ur experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

conrad20 in Cookeville, Tennessee

75 months ago

phone interview was very laid back and casual. no need to stress over it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kris1321 in Salt Lake City, Utah

74 months ago

I have an written exam scheduled tomorrow.Can anyone suggest me how the programming test looks like.What kind of questions do they ask ??

Thanks in Advance
KC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

74 months ago

If you have done some programming in the past, u shud be able to do well on the test !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vipli in Springfield, Illinois

74 months ago

HI, you must have gone through the telephone interview, can you please tell me if they ask technical stuff? It will be of great help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

vipli in Springfield, Illinois

74 months ago

Mark Juhki in Peoria, Illinois said: Hi Guys....I got an offer from Epic for software developer position. Can anyone tell me how's work experience at epic for previous employees? When are they going to move on .NET ?

Any feedback given on this question will help me a lot....thanks in advance

Hi

Can you share your phone interview experience with us. like what are the questions they asked you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

YAJones in Wichita Falls, Texas

73 months ago

Hey guys,
I was contacted by a recruiter from Epic who advised me to apply based on my resume he saw on Monster.com. I proceeded to do so and received emails from the HR team. I recently took an assessment test administered by a 3rd party called the Rembrandt assessment. No score was assigned after completion, so I have no idea how it is graded or assessed.

I'd like to know if this test is the same as the Epic Skill assessment test you guys have been talking about... I was not offered a phone interview - everything has been online so far. Over a week has passed since I completed the assessment. Should I give up on Epic or is this routine?

Bear in mind that the positions I applied for are not Comp Sci related.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Josh Chester in Madison, Wisconsin

73 months ago

Rembrandt is just a personality assessment, that is not the other skills assessments that everyone is talking about.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

YAJones in Wichita Falls, Texas

73 months ago

OK thanks for your reply. I figured as much. But have any of you taken a Rembrandt test from Epic? Or are those reserved for non-Computer Science related positions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Vincy Anand in Auckland, New Zealand

73 months ago

Hi

I just gave the written assessment here in Auckland. I had my fone interview a few weeks back and then I had the local library here in auckland proctor the written assessment for me which had 3 sections. I was not being supervised and the test did not have a specific time limit but start time and end time for each programming question and other section had to be written. The general Math and the new programming language sections were easy but Programming had tricky problems. But overall it went well..Just waiting for a response from them within the next 2 3 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Mark Juhki in Peoria, Illinois said: Do they hire people from NZ too?[/QUOT

Well..I had forwarded my CV through a frend who works there.. and they got back to me :) in about a month asking me to sit for the test..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

babaniyen in evanston, Illinois

72 months ago

vincy, are you applying for a technical position or what? and how can you say the math was easy? lol. didnt you have a verbal section that was pretty much english?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

Hi babaniyen

I have applied for a technical position.I just got an email from them saying I have cleared the written test and I will be flying down to Madison next week for the interview.Hope it turns out to be good..
In the written test, I did not have any verbal section?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

babaniyen in evanston, Illinois

72 months ago

thanks and congrats!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sumit in College Station, Texas

72 months ago

Mark Juhki in Peoria, Illinois said: Hi Guys....I got an offer from Epic for software developer position. Can anyone tell me how's work experience at epic for previous employees? When are they going to move on .NET ?

Any feedback given on this question will help me a lot....thanks in advance

Hey Mark,

I have an onsite with Epic for software developer. Could you please let me know what to prepare for?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Manju Goel in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

I have to give proctor tests for epic testing position. How can i prepare. Any websites where they have similar tests.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Curious21 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina

71 months ago

Regarding the exams, more specifically the "new programming" section. What kind of programming? Can someone give an example of the programming questions?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

amjad in Fort Collins, Colorado

71 months ago

Hello,
I have also being told about proctor exams near colorado.
Can some one give me details about it

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wonderland in Ohio

71 months ago

Helloe eveybody,

I really need your help for the second part of Epic skills test, what kind of programming questions are you dealing with? Do you remember any of them?

Thanks alot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Woolala in Lisle, Illinois

70 months ago

What were the Epic Assesment 5 codeing questions?
Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

dashinghunk in Chicago, Illinois

70 months ago

I have the skill assessment test in a couple of days... please help guys... can u email me any questions you remember to kalyansikha[at]yahoo[dot]com? Any help will be appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

And what after this test? Is there any 3rd round? And, any idea about the pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wonderland in Ohio

70 months ago

Guys! Who deleted my reply that had the other 4 questions!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Wonderland in Ohio

70 months ago

Oops didnt know that! but at least you got what you needed for the test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Whatever... I read them and I know that I can do them. Thats more than sufficient. But, Wonderland, what about the 3rd round? Did u get an offer from them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Wonderland in Ohio

70 months ago

About the third round, if you're GPA is less than 3.5, then taking the assessment test is gonna be just a waste of time. I didnt get an offer :)) though I have a master's degree and my test was good too! I recieved a letter that says they're impressed with my accomplishments but they'll proceed with other applicants for now. However they may consider me for an appropriate position in the future :((

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

dashinghunk in Eagan, Minnesota

70 months ago

What crap!! Thats so sad! But, I am on the safer side... I am currently a Masters student and my GPA is 3.67 :D Lucky me!! How long did they take to get back with the results of round 2?

Any idea about the pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

And what will the 3rd round comprise of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wonderland in Ohio

70 months ago

Good for you! They'll get back with you in less than a week after you take the test, just dont forget to send them your trascripts with the test. Once they have the test and the transcripts in wont take more than 2 or 3 days to evaluate your whole application. About the pay I did some research about that, but what position ur applying for? I applied to the problem solver ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

You guys are a bunch of noobs, you sign an agreement when you take the test to not disclose any test questions with anyone outside the company. Employers don't look favorably upon people who violate agreements and promote cheating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Wonderland in Ohio

70 months ago

The third round, they ask you for a personal interview in WI and by the way they cover the trip expenses, tickets, hotel, ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Wonderland in Ohio said: The third round, they ask you for a personal interview in WI and by the way they cover the trip expenses, tickets, hotel, ...

cool. pow(Thanks, 10) for all the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

u sure that the cut-off is 3.5? or is it 3.6? i rem reading it as 3.6 somewhere in the forum...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Don't you think if they were going to reject you for your GPA they would do it right away and not interview you first?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Wonderland in Ohio

70 months ago

Some say its 3.5 and others say its 3.6. But when ur GPA is already above 3.6 then I think you should start looking for apt there cuz u'll be moving there soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Wonderland in Ohio

70 months ago

They wouldnt interview you if your GPA is less than their requirements cuz they recieve tons of applications

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

That's exactly what I am saying...you said you got rejected because of your GPA, but you tested and interviewed...so clearly it wasn't your GPA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wonderland in Ohio

70 months ago

Maybe its just my luck! First day I crush my car second day I break up with my fiance, third day I get rejected!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Oh! Sorry my guy... I am sure you must have done good in the test...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.