Epic Systems Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 60)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Epic Systems?

What do you like best about working at Epic Systems? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

over 40 in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

87 months ago

Madison dweller in Madison, Wisconsin said: Just because they didn't hire *you* doesn't mean that they don't hire people over 50. I know several people who work at Epic that are older (i.e. 50+) The CEO, Judy, is over 50, I know that for sure. Bitterness and slander are the path to the darkside.

I didn't see many "over 50" people when I went in to interview. Also was told by one of the employees that they have a very high turnover rate. So their hiring practices (campus fairs, extensive tests during interviewing) are backfiring on them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

been_there in San Leandro, California

86 months ago

Whoa, dude. Anybody who went to an Ivy school, or even a
second/third tier school would be a total loser to apply
to work for Epic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (70) Reply - Report abuse

chris in Palm Harbor, Florida

86 months ago

Does anyone know how much is the salary for Server Systems position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (126) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

state school grad in Madison, Wisconsin

85 months ago

I graduated from a state school in Wisconsin and I work at Epic, I also know quite a few who graduated from my school that work at Epic. It's true they look at GPA, especially from people right out of school. If you can't do well in school, what would make people think you can do well at work? I don't know if they look at GPA as much for experienced people though. I don't know why some of you are so bitter about not getting a job, there are a lot of jobs I didn't get when I was applying after graduation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

gridder in Franklin, Massachusetts

81 months ago

I can give a little insight. If you are willing to work, they are willing to pay. Been working there for 3 years - good bonus every year - if the price of hiring college grads goes up - everyones salary gets increased. Lots of travel but I knew that ahead of time. Got offer from IBM right out of small ivy and EPIC was comparable. Been here 3 years and not thinking of leaving. Been offered jobs at sites using our software so there are places to go after epic that are looking for EPIC experience. I feel I made a great choice out of college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

conrad20 in Cookeville, Tennessee

80 months ago

Gridder, I was just invited to an onsite visit in a few weeks. Your post sounds encouraging but I have read others that were not. How many hours per week should I expect during the first year?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mark Juhki in Peoria, Illinois

80 months ago

Hi folks....I got offer from Epic last week. I am a graduate Computer Science student. Can anyone please tell me that is it worth working at Epic?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Mark Juhki in Peoria, Illinois

79 months ago

why no one answers my questions? [:((((((((((((((((((]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

79 months ago

Hi Mark,
Can you post the questions that were asked on the skills assessment test?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Josh Chester in Madison, Wisconsin

78 months ago

I don't know about you guys, but I signed something saying I wouldn't discuss the questions. Personally, I don't think violating an agreement is a good way to start off with a company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Swetha Shankar in Las Vegas, Nevada

78 months ago

Hi,

I am an MS student and I will b graduating in July.. I applied to Epic Systems and they scheduled a phone interview with me. I was selected in the phone interview and now they have asked me to take up a written assesment test.

Can anyone please tell me the list of possible questions that would be asked in the written test in Epic System??. Please give me some tips as to what I need to prepare for the test.. I am a fresher and I do not have any work experience. I have applied to the Software developer position in Epic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

vipli in Springfield, Illinois

78 months ago

Swetha Shankar in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hi,

I am an MS student and I will b graduating in July.. I applied to Epic Systems and they scheduled a phone interview with me. I was selected in the phone interview and now they have asked me to take up a written assesment test.

Can anyone please tell me the list of possible questions that would be asked in the written test in Epic System??. Please give me some tips as to what I need to prepare for the test.. I am a fresher and I do not have any work experience. I have applied to the Software developer position in Epic.

Hi Even i got a call for an interview can you please tell me what did they ask you in during the phone interview. Please try to reply as I can get a call anytime now. thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Swetha Shankar in Las Vegas, Nevada said: The phone interview was mostly HR.. They will explain about their company and u just need to b interactive and ask questions.. I was asked to tak abt a project tht I have enjoid eorking on n stuf.. otherwise the phone interview is very simple and not much technical questions

Thank you very much. Good luck with your written test. Do share your experience when you are done with it. Thanks once again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

HelloKitty

78 months ago

I also wonder about starting salaries & salary ranges at Epic for Problem Solvers & Corporate Educators.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Heyyy.. Even I havent taken up the test as yet.. Its on coming Monday..Even I have no clue as in what to do about it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Swetha Shankar in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Heyyy.. Even I havent taken up the test as yet.. Its on coming Monday..Even I have no clue as in what to do about it...

even I have no clue but what i heard was that they ask like 5 programming questions and you should try to finish in as less time as posssible. You can choose any language. Which language do you think you are going to use? I am thinking of VB. GOOD LUCK with your test though. PLease do share your experience with us. Just the experience I am not expecting the questions from you.

78 months ago

I plan to use C++.. its basically goin to b just the logic and stuff...so I though C++ or VB it doesent make a difference as its just the logic and idea they r goin to look at..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Swetha Shankar in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I plan to use C++.. its basically goin to b just the logic and stuff...so I though C++ or VB it doesent make a difference as its just the logic and idea they r goin to look at..

Alrighth then good luck once again. Thank you for your help so far. Please keep posting here. do you have any idea like what kind of questions will be there? if you do have an idea can you post one here. I hope I am not bothering you a lot. Thanks for the info in advance.

babaniyen in evanston, Illinois

77 months ago

hey guys!
i applies for the Project Manager / Implementation Consultant position.
has anyone applied for this? and what should i expect going down the road. I am a hard worker so i dont have a problem working hard. i had a phone interview and an online test already. what do i expect or what do i have to do next?

please help. i think i want to give this company a real shot!
thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sreekanth in Chicago, Illinois

76 months ago

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

hi friends

I am Sreekanth. I got an email from Epic asking about my available times for a phone itnerview. I replied them with my time. I am jsut waiting for the interview. Can anybody please say me the kinds of questions they would be asking in this interview. I would be waiting for your reply. Please, kee posting here.

Thank you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jay C in Boston, Massachusetts

76 months ago

How many days do you have wait to know if you pass the phone interview and move forward to the written test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Hey Jai
How did your interview go? How was the mood of the interview? I am waiting for my interview man. Please provide some info.
Thanks in advance...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Sreekanth, interview was pretty casual as mentioned by some in this forum. Don't have to stress too much about it, the interviewer was very nice and friendly. I think the HR will confirm with you the phone interview time. You better check with them, I don't think they will call you anytime without confirming the time. Good luck in your phone interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Thank you Jai for the reply. I will wait.

76 months ago

hi babaniyen,

did u already take the tests? Could you please tell me about the phone interview? I even wanted to know about the skills assessment test. Please tell me about that.

Thanks in advance

Sreekanth...

76 months ago

hi... I got thru the interview. now, its the turn of the written test. I have to wait. any suggestions please?

Sreekanth in Chicago, Illinois said: hi babaniyen,

did u already take the tests? Could you please tell me about the phone interview? I even wanted to know about the skills assessment test. Please tell me about that.

Thanks in advance

Sreekanth...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Sumit,

How long did you take to answer each question? Do those questions require long and complicated answer? Is it database related?

Sumit in College Station, Texas

76 months ago

I took around 2 hrs for the test. The questions are of general logic and programming.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jobseekersjth in laurel, Mississippi

74 months ago

Hello,

I applied for the Epic Systems Corporation for Software Develpoer position....I am called for the second Technical assesment round which would test my programming skills(write pseudo codes etc)...Could you please tell me what they would ask in test...Can you give me some sample questions you were asked during the test and any books you would recommedn me that would help to perform well at the test. Your help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

adithya vecham in dallas, Texas

74 months ago

hello

adithya vecham in dallas, Texas

74 months ago

hello all..... i m adithya.... and i had the phone interview with epic systems...
now i have the epic skills assessment test coming up soon... they said some programming questions... logic n programming stuff..
let me know if u know or have some of the sample questions.....
could anyone of you please give me a general idea of how the questions ll b..... i mean r they too tough... or are they average.,... too much programming ??
n yeah mail me asap.... n wish me good luck... :)
thanks in advance
take care...
abhi

jobseekersjth in Togo

73 months ago

Sumit in College Station, Texas said: I took around 2 hrs for the test. The questions are of general logic and programming.

Hi Sumit,

Could you tell me how long after taking the Skills Assessment Test should one expect to wait for the results? If its more than 2 weeks and yet not heard from them, is it ok if you asked them about your status? Can i know how many days it took for you to know the results after taking your skills assessment test?

Thanks.

MG The Great in Sacramento, California

73 months ago

Has anyone seen black people at Epic???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

harsh pareek in Edison, New Jersey

73 months ago

think about it in Waunakee, Wisconsin said: They aren't going to hire a 19 yr old for a CEO...HELLO...idiot

JUDY is one of the founders of the company. Nobody hired her.But iys true, the majority of the crowd there is young.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

state school grad in Madison, Wisconsin said: I graduated from a state school in Wisconsin and I work at Epic, I also know quite a few who graduated from my school that work at Epic. It's true they look at GPA, especially from people right out of school. If you can't do well in school, what would make people think you can do well at work? I don't know if they look at GPA as much for experienced people though. I don't know why some of you are so bitter about not getting a job, there are a lot of jobs I didn't get when I was applying after graduation.

i completely agree with you. Tats OK if you are not selected. Looking at GPA is a very common thing throughout the industry. I did my masters from NJIT with GPA of 3.5 and i have been selected at Epic. Environment of the company is cool, fun loving, casual. I love it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

Swetha Shankar in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Hi,

For all those who are seeking for questions coming in skills assessment test, DO NOT worry about it. Those are not difficult questions, and you can do it if you have ever done any kind of programming (coding). You dont even need to have correct syntax. you can write pseudo code. You should be logically sound. You can solve them without using OOPS concepts.I was also worried before the test and wanted to get some questions, but didnt get any and cleared the test. Try to do it quickly though. May be in 70-80 mins. Writing comments always helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sparkling Angel in Miami, Florida

72 months ago

Hey guys... Hope everyone is doing good. I have my epic written test in few days. My GPA is not great. Its jus 3.2 but my programming skills are very good and I have a work experience of about 2 yrs in programming. If I do really well in my test, will I get a call for next round frm Epic. I have hrd tht Epic is particular about having a good GPA(3.5 n higher). Is tht true???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vishu in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

Swetha Shankar in Las Vegas, Nevada said: The phone interview was mostly HR.. They will explain about their company and u just need to b interactive and ask questions.. I was asked to tak abt a project tht I have enjoid eorking on n stuf.. otherwise the phone interview is very simple and not much technical questions

Hi Swetha,
I have the phone interview tomorrow with EPIC. I am from Mechanical background basically so what kind of job I can expect.
I dont have any programming skills. R u working at epic.
Regards,
Vishu.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mordrid Pendragon in Wisconsin

56 months ago

Jaydot in Tempe, Arizona said: Yea I too got an offer from Epic, I was wondering what kind of money is good to get from them, and if I can use this job to move into consulting for the software in the future.

Epic requires a non-compete agreement that will keep you from working with hospitals for about a year after you leave their employment and they some non-hire agreements with partnered consulting companies that could make that tough. They don't really mention the non-hire agreements when they hire you so it can surprise some of the employees who don't have those provisions in their contacts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

randomid in Houston, Texas

53 months ago

Sumit in College Station, Texas said: I took around 2 hrs for the test. The questions are of general logic and programming.

Hi, I have been asked to take a coding assessment test in my city. Could you please tell what questions were asked? sunnydotmoon@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sirrelleum in Madison, Wisconsin

48 months ago

Seems like there is a-lot of doubt on the credibility of the posts. I recently (3 days ago) applied to Epic, applying for the Corporate Educator position. My ACT score (SAT equivilant) is high but my GPA was not. I did not attend an Ivy league school. Also I'm not fresh out of collage but I do have some quality teaching experience with excellent references. We'll have to see if I get an interview or not. My goal is to give readers a play-by-play of my success or failure to getting hired on. If I get the job then I would think you'd have one source of evidence that GPA, University and age are not important. If I'm not hired then maybe the concerns are accurate. Good luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sirrelleum in Madison, Wisconsin

48 months ago

So I got a response via e-mail. I was told that they would "move forward with other candidates". I'm really bumed especially after reading about so many good things about Epic. I presume they had some great candidates to consider which is to their loss. It would have been nice to at least get an interview. I think this shows that they look at the application, resume and steeply consider GPA & SAT scores. I would have given their hiring process more credit with an interview. However the credit given supports the theory they judge an applicant by their cover and not by their interview. Good luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

epiccc in Rochester, New York

38 months ago

state school grad in Madison, Wisconsin said: I graduated from a state school in Wisconsin and I work at Epic, I also know quite a few who graduated from my school that work at Epic. It's true they look at GPA, especially from people right out of school. If you can't do well in school, what would make people think you can do well at work? I don't know if they look at GPA as much for experienced people though. I don't know why some of you are so bitter about not getting a job, there are a lot of jobs I didn't get when I was applying after graduation.

Using GPA as a basis for selecting a person in industry is outright ridiculous. There are way too many variables involved in GPAs. I don't think they even take into account the courses a candidate has taken; so essentially in Epic's eyes, a person who took all the easy courses and coasted through their program with a 3.5+ GPA is "better" than a person who chose to take the toughest courses and ended up with a 3.0+ GPA. I guess Epic deserves the ones who take the easy way out. Good luck to them :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cinn in Atlanta, Georgia

38 months ago

Anyone has EPIC experience as a consultant? I want to refer to my company email me and I can submit you to the company. EMAIL: charise.simon@live.com. Thanks!

Kris in Indianapolis, Indiana

37 months ago

Using GPA has proven to be a good predictor in future commitment and success. I am an outlier here so I am not "tooting my own horn". Epic hires extremely bright people, in my current position I work with a few of them and they all are in the upper percentile in regards to intellect and work ethic.

It's funny reading all of the negative responses from people that didn't get hired/offered. It's alright, there are other things to do out there but try not to kick too much mud. Much of the behaviors displayed on here make me think that these people would have been the early burnouts if they had been hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jameskueper in Ballwin, Missouri

33 months ago

This company runs a cult-like atmoshpere and very much prefers guest workers from India who they can pay less and control more. They want to process lots of American applications so they can justify this practice.

First they will make you jump through a hundred hoops in the hiring process. This will include taking a proctored test that lasts several hours. The test they give to potential guest workers is much easier and geared for them to succeed. They may invite you up to Wisconson for interviews, but this is once again just a ploy to say they are trying to hire American workers.

If you should somehow get a job there, they have a "campus" that is just a carpeted 60 hour per week prison. Their software is called "Kashmere", which is a proprietary language geared for workers from India to learn easier. It is a dead end for a career because it is not applicable anywhere else AND they will force you to sign an air-tight non-compete contract. Finally, if you do work there and dare question anything at all, your termination will be immediate.

They should be investigated for their practices.

You are just wasting a LOT of your time if you fall for their pitch and apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

EpicDAD in Madison, Wisconsin

32 months ago

Wow... these and all the rumors and responses of disgruntled people that didn't get hired or didn't last long at Epic (for whatever reason) make me laugh.

Ok here is the honest truth for a ver realistic 37 year old (I've been with Epic just under 4 years, meaning they hired me at age 34) with 4 kids (3 when I started at Epic, but since then we had another child).

Epic does hire people of all ages, shapes, sizes, ethnic background, and any other category around which you might think. It does however attempt to hire the brightest people possible (however no system is perfect). This means they do look exceptionally closely at your academic records and performance, and they do additional testing of candidates (that many places don't). However none of this is written in stone. They do also hire experienced people (that are very bright). I came to Epic with more than 10 years of work experience and considerably less formal education than most of the people here.

I've been here almost 4 years and I can tell you this. Epic is a GREAT PLACE TO WORK! No place (and I've worked at quite a few when I was an IT consultant) is perfect. But out of all the great places I've worked (several of which were Ranked in the top 100 places to work), I am extremely statisfied working at Epic. You are given a lot of responsibility and expected to be self-motivated, self-managing, hard working, and to make intelligent decisions. If you are capable of doing those things, you will enjoy working here! You will be treated exceptionally well, work with very bright people, and enjoy what you do (again though no place is perfect, it's ok to agree to disagree about some things).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74SoccerMom in Houston, Texas

31 months ago

jameskueper in Ballwin, Missouri said: This company runs a cult-like atmoshpere and very much prefers guest workers from India who they can pay less and control more. They want to process lots of American applications so they can justify this practice. First they will make you jump through a hundred hoops in the hiring process. This will include taking a proctored test that lasts several hours. The test they give to potential guest workers is much easier and geared for them to succeed. They may invite you up to Wisconson for interviews, but this is once again just a ploy to say they are trying to hire American workers. If you should somehow get a job there, they have a "campus" that is just a carpeted 60 hour per week prison. Their software is called "Kashmere", which is a proprietary language geared for workers from India to learn easier. It is a dead end for a career because it is not applicable anywhere else AND they will force you to sign an air-tight non-compete contract. Finally, if you do work there and dare question anything at all, your termination will be immediate. They should be investigated for their practices. You are just wasting a LOT of your time if you fall for their pitch and apply.

I'm an Epic customer, and I've been to Verona. Cult-like atmosphere, perhaps (I used to work for a consulting firm with one LOL), but there are 5000+ US employees who work at this campus, so I can't imagine how much they could be outsourcing to India. It's a predominantly young crowd, but there are certainly older/experienced people there. I had to take their personality test and pseudo-programming/math/verbal tests to even be on the customer implementation team! Yes, they are really tough for some people (I thought they were kinda fun), but tests like that can really show the spectrum of talent and differentiate for hiring purposes - I give them kudos for using it to not only select but to place people. It's not for everyone...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.