What's the company culture at Erie Insurance?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Erie Insurance?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Erie Insurance?

Reply - Report abuse

Sally Struthers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

This place, Erie PA location, is weird. The people weren't very friendly during my temp assignment. Many would look at you like you had a third eye or something. I felt uncomfortable during my duration there. Don't get me wrong, there were some nice folk there.

Dress code at the Erie Office for the average worker is business casual. You get to work, you work, you have a paid 15 min break, you work some more, you have an unpaid hour lunch break, you work some more, you have another paid 15 min break, you work some more, you go home.

Had I been a "real" employee, I would have had benefits and a living wage on top of it all!!

Nice gig, if you can get it. Which is damn near impossible.

They did have a lot of "Jeans Day" where you could wear jeans. Sometimes you had to make a donation to some charity in order to do that. We had a lot of "Food Days". I was there for less than a year and but that got old real quick. But if you like eating people's homemade concoctions, you'd love it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.