NEED INFO about the FMA I role in NY

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

NY236 in New York, New York

73 months ago

I'm considering accepting an offer as a FMA at E&Y, but first I'd really like to hear from someone who's currently working in this capacity or has recently been in this position. (I need the real deal)

I'm no stranger to hard work, but is this role horrible? Are extremely long hours,(12+hr days)and weekends, the norm? Is there a high turnover rate? What about the department as a whole are they supportive to new hires or is it considered an inconvenience to have to show someone the ropes?

All respectful and professional feedback is welcome!!

Thank you in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Snaeha in Rego Park, New York

54 months ago

Hello,
I am interviewing for the FMA role. I would love to hear your experience during the interview and also if you did take up this job, your experience of working as a FMA..
thanks

NY236 in New York, New York said: I'm considering accepting an offer as a FMA at E&Y, but first I'd really like to hear from someone who's currently working in this capacity or has recently been in this position. (I need the real deal)

I'm no stranger to hard work, but is this role horrible? Are extremely long hours,(12+hr days)and weekends, the norm? Is there a high turnover rate? What about the department as a whole are they supportive to new hires or is it considered an inconvenience to have to show someone the ropes?

All respectful and professional feedback is welcome!!

Thank you in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Hello,
For starters I declined the offer.
I received a counter offer from the firm I was departing and I had issues with some of the "benefits" that E&Y offered their employees. These were things that you don't/won't find out about until you accept the offer and pass the background check.

I do think it's a good opportunity relatively. However, when compared to my current employer not so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Hello,
Thanks for your quick reply. Would you be able to tell me more about your interviewing process at E&Y? What are they looking for in the first interview? How stressful was it? What questions did you have for the interviewer as there is so much information already about E&Y on the net.
Would appreciate any guidance. Thanks.

54 months ago

Knowledge and proficiency using MS Excel

Interviews were relatively easy except for when you meet with the Director. They just want to know you're intelligent, willing to work hard and can analyze data effectively to be able to make recommendations to the partners.

54 months ago

Thanks for your help.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.