How long is too long?

Comments (23)

JB in Cincinnati, Ohio

96 months ago

inTHEzone in Hollywood, Florida said: How does E&Y typically go about turning you down for a job? How long does it take? How long does it usually take to get an offer? Is a week or longer realistic? .. Also, has anyone worked in their TAS group? Got thoughts/opinions?

I was wondering the same thing. Have you heard for yours? I had my on-location interviews with the group I was applying for last Weds.

Mookie in Saint Charles, Illinois

96 months ago

They turned me down by sending me a letter in the mail. I got it about a week after my interviews.

JB in New York, New York

93 months ago

Just to update, I ended up getting the job offer at the end of August. I didn't get my second office interview until August (from end of June), and then a final office interview with a partner a week after that. Experienced hiring takes a lot longer.

inTHEzone in Pompano Beach, Florida said: brutal honesty... don't hold your breath. Big 4's typically make their decision withing 24 to 48 hours after they interview. If you had not heard you have either been pushed in 2nd Tier and await only good news if someone in 1st tier says no, or you are full out regretted which is my understanding they won't even tell you, unless you pick up the phone and call them yourself, they will send a letter ( I know, it's the 21 century). I hope you applied other places and I don't mean to be harsh, I actually love EY and all the people I interviewed with, they were great and they kept telling me I was great, but I didn't get it. I've interviewed with them twice on know many people on the inside so this is not just bitterness or anything speaking... hope this helps.

JB in New York, New York

93 months ago

Congrats JB in Cincinnati. My recruiter hasn't been that helpful letting me know where I stand but I think this process does take longer on the experienced end. I ended up emailing the partner of the practice today so he won't forget me! At this point, I would like to know one way or the other.

JB in Los Angeles, California

93 months ago

Is it a client serving position?

JB in New York, New York said: Just to update, I ended up getting the job offer at the end of August. I didn't get my second office interview until August (from end of June), and then a final office interview with a partner a week after that. Experienced hiring takes a lot longer.

JB in Los Angeles, California

93 months ago

My boyfriend went to the final interview(4th interview) last Wednesday, and we haven't heard anything back yet. It was for core business too. This whole interview process has been 2 months. Sigh.....waiting is like a torture.>_<

JB in New York, New York said: No, core business

JB in New York, New York

93 months ago

JB in Los Angeles, California said: Is it a client serving position?

Yes, it is a client serving position in one of the advisory groups. What is the average time from an office interview to notification of an offer? This waiting is very challenging and I know legally they can't let you know until it is all said and done.

E&Y EA Candidate in Madison, Tennessee

46 months ago

JB in Los Angeles, California said: Is it a client serving position?

So, I have had the initial phone interview and then sent a follow-up email and then a week later another email to the interviewer to express continued interest in the position to which she replied that I was still being considered. I started doing some research and found that E&Y is hiring in multiple cities for EAs. According to the interviewer, there is training in Atlanta upon hire. My guess is that they may, in addition to other reasons, want to consolidate the training to accommodate as many new hires as is possible. Or, not. Anyway, I got a good feeling from the interviewer and I am praying for an opportunity.

E&Y EA Candidate in Madison, Tennessee

45 months ago

E&Y EA Candidate in Madison, Tennessee said: So, I have had the initial phone interview and then sent a follow-up email and then a week later another email to the interviewer to express continued interest in the position to which she replied that I was still being considered. I started doing some research and found that E&Y is hiring in multiple cities for EAs. According to the interviewer, there is training in Atlanta upon hire. My guess is that they may, in addition to other reasons, want to consolidate the training to accommodate as many new hires as is possible. Or, not. Anyway, I got a good feeling from the interviewer and I am praying for an opportunity.

Core Business Services.

Ichbinmarc in Brooklyn, New York

44 months ago

JB in New York, New York said: Yes, it is a client serving position in one of the advisory groups. What is the average time from an office interview to notification of an offer? This waiting is very challenging and I know legally they can't let you know until it is all said and done.

I know it has been 4 years, but I still want to ask how did it go?

Bwoltmann in Swindon, United Kingdom

43 months ago

I just transferred internationally to the London office and from the time of the videoconference it took them two days to say in writing that they would accept me into the London office and that they would have an offer letter out in the nxt few days - it ended up taking them a month to get the approval to get the first offer letter to me and that was supposed to be when they wanted me to start, this has ultimately been pushed out by another couple of weeks. I still got it in the end but be prepared to sit tight and wait no matter what they say.

g6 in Buffalo, New York

39 months ago

I received a phone call from HR (on Friday) saying that they would like to extend an offer to me but i haven't yet received a written job offer Monday). Does anyone know how long does it take? should I be worried?

Jenny in New York, New York

37 months ago

Bwoltmann in Swindon, United Kingdom said: I just transferred internationally to the London office and from the time of the videoconference it took them two days to say in writing that they would accept me into the London office and that they would have an offer letter out in the nxt few days - it ended up taking them a month to get the approval to get the first offer letter to me and that was supposed to be when they wanted me to start, this has ultimately been pushed out by another couple of weeks. I still got it in the end but be prepared to sit tight and wait no matter what they say.

Submitted application online 2 weeks ago, insider referral, checked job account Just checked online job account with EY, new posting: "Updated 24Apr12" - and the position is still open, accepting applications. Inference: rejection letter in the mail?

Any comments/input would be appreciated.

tut in Jersey City, New Jersey

36 months ago

g6 in Buffalo, New York said: I received a phone call from HR (on Friday) saying that they would like to extend an offer to me but i haven't yet received a written job offer Monday). Does anyone know how long does it take? should I be worried?

hi g6, after how many days/weeks did HR call you? did you get your offer?

Mohannad in Munich, Germany

35 months ago

Hello everyone,

I did an interview in Ernst & young in Germany,and they accepted me two days later , now I start to be worry about when they are going to send me the contract!!because meanwhile I have been accepted in another big firm but of course I didnt sign their contract,so the question :is there any possibility that EY may contact another candidate???
Thanks in advance :)

Feb in New York, New York

14 months ago

Hello,

I applied to EY through the employee referral program and spoke with a recruiter within a few days. They later invited me for an in person interview in New York. It has been 2 weeks now and haven't heard anything back. I followed up with the recruiter this week and still no response. The job was actually an internal role (so not client-facing) and am wondering if those take longer to reach a decision? Any insight would be helpful.

lalala in Annandale, Virginia

9 months ago

tut in Jersey City, New Jersey said: hi g6, after how many days/weeks did HR call you? did you get your offer?

I am now in the same situation. HR person called me on Wednesday after 6 days of my office interview saying that they would like to extend an offer and told me to expect an offer letter coming by the end of the following week. Today is Monday so it pasts the last week's deadline but I still have not heard anything written. Should I be worried?

Blah in Gainesville, Virginia

7 months ago

lalala in Annandale, Virginia said: I am now in the same situation. HR person called me on Wednesday after 6 days of my office interview saying that they would like to extend an offer and told me to expect an offer letter coming by the end of the following week. Today is Monday so it pasts the last week's deadline but I still have not heard anything written. Should I be worried?

Hi,

Did you hear back with an offer? Or did they never get back to you after the initial verbal offer?

lalala in Richmond, Virginia

7 months ago

Hi Blah, so I decided to write an email to remind the HR person and she said i should receive the offer letter in a week and I did got it ! :) I thought I was pushed to the 2nd tier but it was not true. When I started my job, my supervisor said they wanted to hire me right away but the HR department needed to do background check, references and all kind of stuff so it took a bit longer. So don't lose your hope yet :)

7 months ago

lalala in Richmond, Virginia said: Hi Blah, so I decided to write an email to remind the HR person and she said i should receive the offer letter in a week and I did got it ! :) I thought I was pushed to the 2nd tier but it was not true. When I started my job, my supervisor said they wanted to hire me right away but the HR department needed to do background check, references and all kind of stuff so it took a bit longer. So don't lose your hope yet :)

Hi lalala,

Thanks for the insight. My offer letter/details are still going through the approval process. I guess my only worry was they might not give me the official offer letter, but they usually wouldn't do that if you got the verbal offer from them.

Also, do they send you paperwork for a background check? Cause I wasn't asked to fill out any background check nor did they ask me for references.

Thanks for the insight. Hopefully mine comes soon!

lalala in Richmond, Virginia

7 months ago

Hi Blah,

If they verbally extended the offer to you, i'm pretty sure it is just the matter of time for the offer letter to come. No, I did not fill out any paperwork except the online application on EY website. Which office did you apply for?

7 months ago

lalala in Richmond, Virginia said: Hi Blah,

If they verbally extended the offer to you, i'm pretty sure it is just the matter of time for the offer letter to come. No, I did not fill out any paperwork except the online application on EY website. Which office did you apply for?

NYC

kuhu in Reading, United Kingdom

1 month ago

I know this thread is a bit old though if anyone has any input.I have appeared for the final partner interview on 7th April & the HR sent me an email on 9th that the interview was positive and they are seeking formal approval for the offer letter.Should I worry or how many days they will take generally?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.