Ernst and Young Interview- no response

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Dan in Flushing, New York

27 months ago

Hi- I was wondering if someone can help me out here...
I was referred through an employee, had phone interview, 2 weeks later a first interview that was 2:1 ( it was ok not amazing) followed by a 2nd partner interview 2 weeks later. I had the partner interview on Monday. I thought it went fairly well. They mainly talked about the job... It lasted for around 1 hour. At the end of the interview, the interviewer said he needs to speak with HR, he asked me who my HR contact was, he said he needs to go over my performance with other members of team and he will let me know if they can make an offer within a few days, and definitely by end of this week. Today is Thursday night- I have not received any calls or email. My email to the HR recruiter today was not answered. Should I be worried that my rejection letter is in the mail? Will they get back to me if its a no go? Is there any possibility of getting the job at this point?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland

27 months ago

Unfortunately, I am not aware of anybody who is truly a mind reader, so anything we might say would be little, if any more than conjecture. The only people who know what the thinking is would be the people you talked to.

The only real answer in these types of situations is to keep looking and applying for jobs until you get your first paycheck. Then, keep your eyes out for other jobs, just in case....

Dan in Flushing, New York

27 months ago

John in MD in Catonsville, Maryland said: Unfortunately, I am not aware of anybody who is truly a mind reader, so anything we might say would be little, if any more than conjecture. The only people who know what the thinking is would be the people you talked to.

The only real answer in these types of situations is to keep looking and applying for jobs until you get your first paycheck. Then, keep your eyes out for other jobs, just in case....

Certainly. I just want to be prepared... I want to have a sense of where I am holding. AT this point it is 50/50 in my mind... Would you say that is accurate?

27 months ago

It's just impossible for me to know. I do wish you the best.

I have heard of employers coming back months later with an offer (happened to me), I have heard of employers never responding to inquiries though all initial indicators were great.

Hope for the best, keep applying is always the bottom line.

27 months ago

And I do understand your desire for an answer. That answer will be coming from the company, one way or another (could be an offer, could be total silence).

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.