How to get a job at Esurance.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you work at Esurance? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Sandy in Beresford, South Dakota

91 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Esurance? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?
Any advice for someone trying to get in?
I had family that worked there, but I don't think that played a part in it. They are looking for someone with call center expirence. The customers needs are most important. The customer wants their insurance needs met quickly and accurately. You go thru 4 weeks of training. I feel I got the job because I am people orientated and I let the customer know that I will treat them as I would want to be treated. The company is very supportive of their employees. Where most companies if your lucky will have something once a year for employee appreciation. Esurance does things year round. At least once a month!! Do you like to gossip? Do you like to listen to gossip? This isnt the job for you. Basically, when there is something that needs to be done if you ask what's in it for me, you won't make it. If you ask what can I do for you.. you have more of what they are looking for. If your in South Dakota, tell them Sandy recommended the job!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LL in Rockford, Tennessee

91 months ago

I am very interested in working for esurance and heard they were opening a call center in knoxville, tn. Does anyone know about this or how to find out more? The web site doesn't say. I have heard this is a great company!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

g33K in Oak Ridge, Tennessee

91 months ago

LL in Rockford, Tennessee said: I am very interested in working for esurance and heard they were opening a call center in knoxville, tn. Does anyone know about this or how to find out more? The web site doesn't say. I have heard this is a great company!!

I have heard the same, and have submitted my resume. I have not heard anything but hope to soon as I am going on interviews already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Mcclellan, California

91 months ago

I interviewed and was rejected for the PM position in Rocklin, CA. I know a few of the PM's in that office in addition to numerous folks in IT. After two telephone interviews and one 3.5 hour in person interview with several people, I was told I didn't have enough experience with personal auto (I work with commercial and farm products now and that includes business auto). I was pretty disappointed because I didn't think the director was truthful in his rejection reason since we thoroughly discussed my experience and they should have immediately weeded me out based upon not managing personal auto during the initial two phone interviews. I caught unfriendly vibes from the VP when I interviewed with him and I think since I caught him on a bad day he probably wasn't too interested in hiring me. I can't help but think that my rejection is Esurance's loss given my current and past employers absolutely love the great work I do and what a great employee I am. The PM director told me he'd keep my resume on file due to my great experience, however I may not consider Esurance in the future.

Some insider info:
There are three positions listed and Esurance is pretty desperate to get them filled since they have several states without a PM.

The office attire is extremely casual so if you're used to wearing business attire like I am, you'll feel a little out of place with the flip flops and shorts mid week.

Esurance drools over anyone from Progressive or anyone with a masters degree regardless if they display any true product intelligence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Will7312 in Knoxville, Tennessee

69 months ago

g33K in Oak Ridge, Tennessee said: I have heard the same, and have submitted my resume. I have not heard anything but hope to soon as I am going on interviews already.

Has Esurance opened an office in either Oak Ridge or Knoxville, TN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kapusta in Tampa, Florida

61 months ago

Other insurance company position-application websites seem to be easier to use in terms of loading up multiple documents.
I must be doing something wrong.

Once the applicant registration is completed, I don't see a tab where I can view my uploaded resume.

Also, I don't see a list of 'saved documents' where I can view my certifications, school transcripts, letters of recommendation, resumes, ..... for the purpose of seeing if I need to update it/them.

From what I can tell, you can upload a resume, and then come back to Your Profile later and Replace it with a different one.
How do I also save supporting documents?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.