Express Scripts Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Express Scripts?

What do you like best about working at Express Scripts? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Sleepy in Birmingham, Alabama

96 months ago

Don't count on what you are told to occur. Management problems abound within the org.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Tom-ct

96 months ago

thankyou. good comment about their "management problems"--> typical pharmacy stupid-visors for sure..are more elike robots..includng their human resource ding-dongs..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

vendor man in Birmingham, Alabama

96 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Express Scripts?

What do you like best about working at Express Scripts? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Hated job. No respect. Staff was a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

hank :>(-

95 months ago

i interviewed with the mail-order pharmacy in Tempe and needless to say, despite a few years of retail and other Pharmacist experience, they (the Pharm. Manager) never got-back..

so, who knows what they are looking-for, "personality matches" rather-than one's motivation and successful track-record doesn't seem to matter, apparently..

am happy to NOT have been given an offer after all, after having had read the other comments on here about this organization's personnel "culture"...

am re-assessing my current job and career-goals, and, now am happy that i didn't even send them a thank-you note after reading about this place here from the others..

after-all, I was REALLY wantin to contribute to their pharm. operation b/c i ALWAYS see their stupid "Pharmacist Wanted" ads with their "sign-on bonuses" as incentives - just to get people to come-in to interview with their pharmacy super-visors, who act like robots as I read elsewhere as well..

take-care and good-luck, but - most likely best NOT to leave your current job unless you are 100% certain that the work environment is what you really want..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jones

95 months ago

thanks for all your candidness in comments

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anon

95 months ago

looks definitely like I'll stay-away from their open-house recruitments, since, my feeling is that if a company has to hold a formal "open-house" in order to recruit PROFESSIONAL personnel, such as Pharmacists, then - seems like a definite operations and/or management problem with their mail-order operation, and/or coupled to the usual incompetent human resources ding-dongs..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

tired in Georgia

95 months ago

what a joke. been there awhile, gone no where. when interviewed for internal positions always got the you need more expereince response but noone ever trains you to move up in the company. management is not the greatest and has problems. cant keep anyone cause they dont work with you when it comes to your schedule. hope you dont get sick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

el steveo in Parker, Arizona

95 months ago

thanks folks!-- LUV to learn what co's to stay-away-from now :>)-

like this one :>(-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

helpful in Birmingham, Alabama

95 months ago

This company has multiple methods of keeping the bonuses from your hands.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Blonde and Sassy in Birmingham, Alabama

95 months ago

That is sooooooooooo true

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anon

95 months ago

if i get an interview scheduled with them I will then "not show up", just to show them up a-bit..
(for what it is "worth")

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

CORRECT-AMMUNDO-4-sure

95 months ago

hey all --> also read the comments people have made about Humana, as - they also appear to resemble those here (about Express-scripts)--

for example, here is what I remarked about "Cats" comment under one of the "Humana" comment-sections:

yes!-- i "concur" with "Cat", above--

they ALSO sound just like the pharm-mail-order company: "Express Scripts", for sure-- that's why they are "advertising" all-the-time for new employees--> and - they say that they're always "expanding" to meet their new needs; yet - just wish they were at least "half-honest" and say that they need more-new employees just to take-up the slack from all those that have either suddenly quit or are about to do-so !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Realist- STL in Minneapolis, Minnesota

94 months ago

Here's a thought; Comments containing poor grammar and spelling errors while defaming a sucessful organization (18B) is immediately deemed non-credible and excused as disgruntled ingnorance. There will always be two types of consumers, the overly tenacious faultless critics and those that are in fact happy with their organization of which I might add, have better things to do than concentrate on, exert energy to, and adopt the victim mentality. Such an example might include; Going to work and producing great accomplishments at their career, for their family and themselves. Ask yourself, which one would you hire and or retain?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

One should look "behind" the grammer

94 months ago

Realist- STL in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Here's a thought; Comments containing poor grammar and spelling errors while defaming a sucessful organization (18B) is immediately deemed non-credible and excused as disgruntled ingnorance. There will always be two types of consumers, the overly tenacious faultless critics and those that are in fact happy with their organization of which I might add, have better things to do than concentrate on, exert energy to, and adopt the victim mentality. Such an example might include; Going to work and producing great accomplishments at their career, for their family and themselves. Ask yourself, which one would you hire and or retain?

----------------

reply: Even someone with "grammer & spelling errors" has a RIGHT to express his or her thoughts on here about a company, even when such person may not be as apparently "highly educated" as the "Realist" on here.. Whether-or-not you consider "Corrects" comments, above, as "defamatory" is your own opinion; of course, comments of a derrogatory nature that do not "coincide" with someone else's thoughts & opinions can always be viewed as "defamatory", yet - this site is for comments both good & bad, so, be an "educated person" and "accept" it for what it is, bad comments about a company that may or may not have have credence, despite one's grammer, as I see it. May be this person had a bad supervisor or hiring experience with this company, a personality conflict at work, or other.. Yet, I myself have noticed that this company does seem to have very frequent hiring-ads on-line, much more frequently than most of the other pharmacy companies actually, with various sign-on bonuses being offered for professional staff. So one may have to wonder why this is so..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Realist in Saint Louis, Missouri

94 months ago

One should look "behind" the grammer said: ----------------

reply: Even someone with "grammer & spelling errors" has a RIGHT to express his or her thoughts on here about a company, even when such person may not be as apparently "highly educated" as the "Realist" on here.. Whether-or-not you consider "Corrects" comments, above, as "defamatory" is your own opinion; of course, comments of a derrogatory nature that do not "coincide" with someone else's thoughts & opinions can always be viewed as "defamatory", yet - this site is for comments both good & bad, so, be an "educated person" and "accept" it for what it is, bad comments about a company that may or may not have have credence, despite one's grammer, as I see it. May be this person had a bad supervisor or hiring experience with this company, a personality conflict at work, or other.. Yet, I myself have noticed that this company does seem to have very frequent hiring-ads on-line, much more frequently than most of the other pharmacy companies actually, with various sign-on bonuses being offered for professional staff. So one may have to wonder why this is so..

It's "beyond" the grammar, not "behind". While I'm at it, it's "Maybe" not "May be". There are a few more but why bother? Maybe in my attempts to be the better person, I'll just simply look "behind it".
While I was looking "behind it", I found your flawless resume containing the stability of tenure and continued succession of job responsibilities and personal eduacation resemblant of Nobel prize nominee. Oh, and I see that you are looking for that prestine company that offers more compensation than you can reasonably spend in a lifetime with hours not conflicting with your social schedule. Sorry, I just awoke from a dream and realized that doesn't exist in either case.
It's called "work" for a reason. They didn't offer you a 40 hour schedule at an all inclusive 5 star resort while sipping on chilled wine and recieving a pedicure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Human Resources in Saint Louis, Missouri

94 months ago

One should look "behind" the grammer said: ----------------

Frequency of job posting does not equal organizational problems. It can indicate a lot of things such as company growth, employee promotions and the enevitable turn of non-productive employees.

Sign on bonuses are a direct reflection of a shortage of US talent in a specialized field such as Pharmacists. Research it; "A shortfall of as many as 157,000 pharmacists is predicted by 2020, according to the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Realist- STL in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Here's a thought; Comments containing poor grammar and spelling errors while defaming a sucessful organization (18B) is immediately deemed non-credible and excused as disgruntled ingnorance. There will always be two types of consumers, the overly tenacious faultless critics and those that are in fact happy with their organization of which I might add, have better things to do than concentrate on, exert energy to, and adopt the victim mentality. Such an example might include; Going to work and producing great accomplishments at their career, for their family and themselves. Ask yourself, which one would you hire and or retain?

Worked for them. Very successful in role. Would never consider working for them again. They hire unqualified persons for upper management in positions that are never posted or advertised. Managers have little or no training, including HR. Positions are not posted for advancement within org. Use you, abuse you. Is this where you want to work? Do you want to be happy in your work and feel you are valued? Do not go here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

helpful in Birmingham, Alabama said: Worked for them. Very successful in role. Would never consider working for them again. They hire unqualified persons for upper management in positions that are never posted or advertised. Managers have little or no training, including HR. Positions are not posted for advancement within org. Use you, abuse you. Is this where you want to work? Do you want to be happy in your work and feel you are valued? Do not go here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since the corporate office is in St. Louis, and I see where HR in St. Louis has commented/contributed to the blog......Corporate HR.....ominous sign.....wouldn't you say??????????

My advise......stay away from this organization.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

traveler in Birmingham, Alabama

94 months ago

helpful in Birmingham, Alabama said: Since the corporate office is in St. Louis, and I see where HR in St. Louis has commented/contributed to the blog......Corporate HR.....ominous sign.....wouldn't you say??????????

My advise......stay away from this organization.

GOOD ADVICE I WOULD ADVISE THE SAME.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.