ANYONE WORK MAINTENANCE MECHANIC AT FRITO LAY? WHAT'S A "SUITCASE" TEST?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

A's in Oakland, California

12 months ago

Dante82 in Fort Worth, Texas said: I recently applied for a maintenance position for Frito Lay ,and was invited to attend orientation which consist of demonstration competencies in one or more areas of mechanical maintenance from the following groups Electrical - Servo-Mechanical – Pneumatics – Hydraulics – Plumbing – Welding – Machining - Electronics ! Could anyone that's been through this test give me some insight on the process please!

Hey did you get any info on this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dante82 in Fort Worth, Texas

12 months ago

Unfortunately I didn't in time! I went through the testing process this past Wednesday 11-6-2013 ,and failed the black box test :( , But I was told I get another try at it in 6 months if there's openings in that position! I really wanted that job..been unemployed far to long!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

I'm sorry to hear that. I have to take the test next week. do you have any info as to what i need to study?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Please any info would help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dante82 in Fort Worth, Texas

12 months ago

Thanks! If you have a lot of knowledge in Electrical your good to go man! I do remember the first part of the test is being able to wire a three phase motor !! Second part I remember having to connect the right wires to power a small motherboard fan!Each part is timed also! Good luck ,and hope this helps!The pays is awesome if your hired!!

12 months ago

Dante82 in Fort Worth, Texas said: Thanks! If you have a lot of knowledge in Electrical your good to go man! I do remember the first part of the test is being able to wire a three phase motor !! Second part I remember having to connect the right wires to power a small motherboard fan!Each part is timed also! Good luck ,and hope this helps!The pays is awesome if your hired!!

Did the 3 phase motor have 9 wires?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ryan79 in Delano, California

6 months ago

Were the wires numbered?

JD in Raleigh, North Carolina

5 months ago

I recently took the test, passed, interviewed as was just hired on as a mobile mech for the raliegh area. Looking forward to the job as the job i have now isn't what i expected coming out out of the military. Any other mechanics out there have any input? im sure ill be seeing you soon

JOJO in Victorville, California

5 months ago

Once your hired they will help u get trained. So don't worry your good to go and the only thing with frito is seniority. Good company to work for under PEPSICO.

rq in Garland, Texas

2 months ago

Dante82 in Fort Worth, Texas said: I recently applied for a maintenance position for Frito Lay ,and was invited to attend orientation which consist of demonstration competencies in one or more areas of mechanical maintenance from the following groups Electrical - Servo-Mechanical – Pneumatics – Hydraulics – Plumbing – Welding – Machining - Electronics ! Could anyone that's been through this test give me some insight on the process please!

Did you ever get the job? Can you tell me more about the test.. please. what can i expect..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.