Family Dollar Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Family Dollar?

What do you like best about working at Family Dollar? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Ronald Perks in Madison, Wisconsin

86 months ago

What is the average salary of a store manager or is it hourly ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (130) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

dave in Holbrook, New York

81 months ago

deanna said: i to worked for fds for 10 years but i started the first store in the nyc metro area you are correct 60 plus hours a week and no family life but we have no one to blame but our selves. the idea was to hire a staff to run the stores qualified people to care just as much as we did. the payroll budgets deem what kind of staff you had. am i correct? if you did business you should get more payroll dollars. i took over a store that did 800,000 a year. when i got fired for violation of company policies that store was up to 2,900,000 a year my own fault got me kicked out but business runs on the bottom line. i don't blame you for being bitter i moved on to a job working mon thru fri with sat an sun off but still i work 12 to 16 hrs a day. it was a good company to work for i met many wonderful people and even fell in love with one of my ex employees we are not together anymore but like all things it is better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all. fds will go on and will do well as ever and thier employees will do thier best hopefully for themselves and the company thanks for hearing me out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (43) Reply - Report abuse

fds fds

79 months ago

The starting pay depends on the volume of your store and what experience you bring to the table. I know in my area the starting pay is 650 a week. That is working a min. of 52 hours a week. Each store gets a budget say 1800 and the store manager salary comes off the top of the payroll budget so the more you make the less you have to pay the staff. Slower stores have a store mgr and an assistant hence you will be working every saturday. if you are lucky and get a larger store you will have two assistants and can get off on the weekends if they are strong enough to carry the store. the bonus is 1% of net controllable profit, which is paid 30 days after a physical inventory. persoanally i don 't mind working but the beneftis are weak the 401k is weak and the medical coverage is expensive. one might consider walgreens or kroger before going to family dollar. with all that said if you are starting as a store manager and only plan to work there a year or so it looks good on a resume. "once you go salary they own you"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (123) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.