How to get a job at Farmers Insurance Group.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do you work at Farmers Insurance Group? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

tango_5150 in Greenbush, Michigan

67 months ago

After answering a job post for new Agents OPS in my area, I had an interview with the local Farmers District Manager on 04 FEB 2010.

The meeting went well with good in-depth overview of Farmers Insurance Group and how people can start a new career with a recognized insurance leader (Top three in rankings.)

While I will provide out-of-pocket money for my Life/Acc/Health license – it will serve me well even if I decide not to go with Farmers.

In short, I spoke to many people who have become agents with Farmers – many (like me) who decided to enter into the world of insurance and financial markets – that appear to be ‘recession proof’ because the job market is, at best, poor.

After the meeting (that lasted 1 ½ hours), I completed my background check for the company and expect to start classes 08 FEB 2010. It will take focus, drive and determination – which is better than being un-employed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CTR06 in Pflugerville, Texas

64 months ago

tango_5150 in Greenbush, Michigan said: After answering a job post for new Agents OPS in my area, I had an interview with the local Farmers District Manager on 04 FEB 2010.

The meeting went well with good in-depth overview of Farmers Insurance Group and how people can start a new career with a recognized insurance leader (Top three in rankings.)

While I will provide out-of-pocket money for my Life/Acc/Health license – it will serve me well even if I decide not to go with Farmers.

In short, I spoke to many people who have become agents with Farmers – many (like me) who decided to enter into the world of insurance and financial markets – that appear to be ‘recession proof’ because the job market is, at best, poor.

After the meeting (that lasted 1 ½ hours), I completed my background check for the company and expect to start classes 08 FEB 2010. It will take focus, drive and determination – which is better than being un-employed!

How is it going since you began?? I am interested in the field...thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.