Fastenal is great...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

big daddy2 in Alabama

86 months ago

Fastenal is a great company to work for. Sure, the salary is mediocre for an outside sales position but thats where your commission comes in. I service 5 accounts and do between $80,000 and $120,000 a month in sales. Looking at a $4000 commission check then the 2000 monthly salary. I'm only a 21 yr old outside salesman. Been with the company for 2 years and I have worked accounts up. Takes time and effort but it pays off eventually. So if you are looking for an outside position, Fastenal is definitely an awesome choice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Lees Summit, Missouri

78 months ago

I just applied for a position in Blue Springs. Any advise or comments?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

zac v in baton rouge, Louisiana

62 months ago

I would love to know how you have so much revenue a month. That is unheard of. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David J in Mountain Top, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

big daddy2 in Alabama said: Fastenal is a great company to work for. Sure, the salary is mediocre for an outside sales position but thats where your commission comes in. I service 5 accounts and do between $80,000 and $120,000 a month in sales. Looking at a $4000 commission check then the 2000 monthly salary. I'm only a 21 yr old outside salesman. Been with the company for 2 years and I have worked accounts up. Takes time and effort but it pays off eventually. So if you are looking for an outside position, Fastenal is definitely an awesome choice.

I would ABSOLUTELY tend to differ, I watched their ads, in my area the company ran ads for numberous occasions, I personally interviewed for 2 of them...One of the hiring managers said I was a great fit and would be called for a second interview...He LIED sooo well, it is a wierd world, employers want canidates to be honest yet in the case of Fastenall, well they were so DIShonest

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Dilly in Westfield, Massachusetts

61 months ago

This guys math doesn't add up. under Fastenal's 2/4 commision schedule at that time, there is no way he made that much money regularly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

djm in Kingston, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Just look at all the ads they run, does that tell you anything?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.