FedEx Freight hiring process?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

doug13318 in Decatur, Georgia

37 months ago

Ok, here's my story.... I applied for FedEx Freight part time dock work, around early August. I had receive a call to come for an interview around da first week of September. The interview was ok I guess.....it only lasted 10-15mins.
He said if i didn't have any experience it's ok, they'll teach me everything that i need to know, as long as i come in ready to work, He seems real cool. When da interview was over, he apologize saying i might feel like they're giving me da run-a-round.
I didn't know what he meant, but now i see.....for da next 2 weeks I thought I didn't get da job. The third week I receive a email to come down an fill out some paper work, I came in, he asked can i go take a drug test. I took the drug test, brought back the receipt, fill out alot of paper work and gave him my licence and ssi card to make copies. when it was all set and done, he said he'll call in a couple weeks....I was like not again!. Ok that been 3 weeks ago. I just need to know, am I hired? should i move on? Has anyone been through this process? Can someone please tell me whats going on, it would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

jayo carter in Richmond, Virginia

36 months ago

Im goin thru the same thing u goin thru. Its been 2.5 weeks since I took my drug test and did paper work.... did they call u back?

Reply - Report abuse

jayo carter in Richmond, Virginia

36 months ago

doug13318 in Decatur, Georgia said: Ok, here's my story.... I applied for FedEx Freight part time dock work, around early August. I had receive a call to come for an interview around da first week of September. The interview was ok I guess.....it only lasted 10-15mins.
He said if i didn't have any experience it's ok, they'll teach me everything that i need to know, as long as i come in ready to work, He seems real cool. When da interview was over, he apologize saying i might feel like they're giving me da run-a-round.
I didn't know what he meant, but now i see.....for da next 2 weeks I thought I didn't get da job. The third week I receive a email to come down an fill out some paper work, I came in, he asked can i go take a drug test. I took the drug test, brought back the receipt, fill out alot of paper work and gave him my licence and ssi card to make copies. when it was all set and done, he said he'll call in a couple weeks....I was like not again!. Ok that been 3 weeks ago. I just need to know, am I hired? should i move on? Has anyone been through this process? Can someone please tell me whats going on, it would be greatly appreciated!

Im going through the same thing... did they call u yet

Reply - Report abuse

Ben in Cleveland, Ohio

36 months ago

I had a perfectly good job with benefits and 40 hours a week. I wanted to better myself so I applied at FEDEX freight as a semi truck driver. I went to the interview and got a call a few days later offering me the job. I got a email offering me the job also asking me to accept the position offered to me. I went in to fill out hours of paper work and after I was given a pamphlet and the gentlemen said only go and take the drug test. So I did that then I got a call days later saying the guy made a mistake and I need to take the physical so I drove back up and took the physical. I called to check in and asked when I would be starting and the guy said probably Monday. I put in my 2 weeks and trained a guy to fill my position and 3 days before start date he gave me a call saying they are not hiring me. This process took 6 weeks for them just to can me before I even started. The HR department is a joke and the only response I could get was...were sorry. Not only did I waste 6 weeks of my time but I also lost my current job because of FEDEX...This all happened a week before Christmas.....Stay away from FEDEX.

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.