FedEx News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 211)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Truth About Fedex in Alpharetta, Georgia

68 months ago

It's good to see those that still believe in the "Purple Promise".
I myself, DON'T. By the way, how much did you receive? I got a whopping $43.50.

When you speak of people getting fired, oh the stories I could tell you. I have never seen a company, that can change up policy whenever they feel. If you don't know your rights or any better, they will use and abuse you.

Example:

We were informed that due to the loss of volume, the hours would be decreasing. Okay fine - everyone understands that. But here is the kicker. Full time employees can work up to 50 hours a week; part timers 30 - one week later, they came back and told the part timers you can only work 25 hours a week, including your sixth day (overtime day). I'm not an economist, but help me out here. You have five part timers, with more senority than the full timers (25 + years and we do the SAME job), but you give them more hours since they are full time? So much for seniority and feeding our families (yes, I know about the 17.5 and 35.0 rule).

The "GFT" process is another joke - have you ever wondered why now you can KNOW the name of your accuser? How about this one - you now can have one of your coworkers VOUCH for you, during the "in person" process? Lawsuit!

I remember my first "GFT" - I sat on one side of the table; the other side was H.R., my manager and my senior manager. If you've never been "interrogated", this is perfect spot. Only, only, only because I was "forewarned" about what to expect, did I know how to defend myself.

I can name SIX employees that got fired for basically not, "dotting and 'i' and crossing a 't'. Four months later, the same memo was rescinded, due to a lawsuit being filed. If you'd like to see how many lawsuits have been filed, type it in GOOGLE.

But this is the best one - Fedex has told Boeing that if the Employee Act passes, they will not purchase the 30 planes that they have on order. How about that for a "gangster" move?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

With the GFT process, I have a voice. I don't need a union making deals behind my back. I've seen union/management do this. It stinks. Let my peers, who do my exact job everyday, judge me. It works well.

The lawsuit in California speaks volumes - a few things were changed nationwide. But how about this:

Did you know that California employees actually get the two state-mandated 15-minute break each day?

Our mechanics and pilots are unionized. They used the same non-union tactics with them. Our pilots and mechanics are some of the most respected and highest paid - not just because they are unionized; but because they DESERVE it.

Fedex does not even keep up with the "cost of living". At best, you may see between 1-3% in your check each year. The standard of living is 6-7% - what's wrong with this equation?

Oh I forgot - the managers get their bonuses for keeping us down.
Well, they aren't getting them now - they did get cut from 10-20%.

I always wondered how Fedex was able to stay under the radar - just take a look at who contributed what, to WHOSE campaign.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Ummm...you can copy and paste. What's your point?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

j hoffa in Westland, Michigan said: if fedex was such a good company to work for then what are they afraid of. the workers will vote no. right ???? nothing to be afraid of and no!! the teamsters wont have a gun to your head to vote a certain way . so what are you afraid of??????????? a voice maybe???????????

Exactly - we tried to do this YEARS ago with the pilots and mechanics.

Look at them and look at us - BIG difference huh?

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida

68 months ago

Well,

If you have not heard. The firings (not layoffs) took place today in FedEx Services. A thousand of your fellow workers were selected at random for termination.

To those that were terminated, we will miss you. To those of us, still employed, it not over. The next round is rumored to be in June/July time frame.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

S B 1980 in Buffalo, New York

68 months ago

I work at FedEx Trade Networks in Tonawanda NY and they just laid off a bunch of people in my building. They said the number is 1000 people company wide.

DMan72 in Massachusetts

68 months ago

Yes- FedEx is laying off people and multiple rounds of layoffs. I was told multiple times that FedEx does NOT believe in layoffs and hasn't had any in 20 years- blah blah blah. Guess that was just purple talk?!

Regarding what one other poster said that hourly vs. salaried employees are treated differently etc. Well- different OPCOs are run differently. It's funny though- that the hourly employees think the 'suits' make tons of money and have it easy. All I know is I get up at 6am- work about 3-4 hours on my computer, hit the road for the entire day, come home- 2-3 more hours of work and get to bed around 9pm and start over the next day. I do come in contact with other OPCOs- stacked to the brim with management and various positions, Makes you think?

Few other points- sorry if it is rather random:

Why did FedEx take on hundreds of DHL outcasts recently? Will they truly be the first to go if there are layoffs and there is another employee with seniority?

How much money is being wasted to change the Kinkos - FedEx Office branding? Surely millions. Bad timing!

And when are they going to clean up FedEx Ground- it is run like a 2nd grade school project!

My thoughts go out to those that lost their job today....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

DMan72 in Massachusetts said: Yes- FedEx is laying off people and multiple rounds of layoffs. I was told multiple times that FedEx does NOT believe in layoffs and hasn't had any in 20 years- blah blah blah. Guess that was just purple talk?!

Regarding what one other poster said that hourly vs. salaried employees are treated differently etc. Well- different OPCOs are run differently. It's funny though- that the hourly employees think the 'suits' make tons of money and have it easy. All I know is I get up at 6am- work about 3-4 hours on my computer, hit the road for the entire day, come home- 2-3 more hours of work and get to bed around 9pm and start over the next day. I do come in contact with other OPCOs- stacked to the brim with management and various positions, Makes you think?

Why did FedEx take on hundreds of DHL outcasts recently? Will they truly be the first to go if there are layoffs and there is another employee with seniority?

How much money is being wasted to change the Kinkos - FedEx Office branding? Surely millions. Bad timing!

And when are they going to clean up FedEx Ground- it is run like a 2nd grade school project!

FedEx paid around 2.5B for Kinkos. We have buried give or take another 2B over the past 2 years. Between Rebranding (twice) and incompatible networks, and applications. It is sad that when a potential customer comes into a Kinkos, and has to go to different registers for different services.

Kinkos maybe the white elephant for Fred Smith.

As to the numbers, FIM (FedEx Instant Messenger) chatter has it closer to 1200 laid off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

DMan72 in Massachusetts said: Yes- FedEx is laying off people and multiple rounds of layoffs. I was told multiple times that FedEx does NOT believe in layoffs and hasn't had any in 20 years- blah blah blah. Guess that was just purple talk?!

We were told today, that anyone that had a "so-called" no name job: ie: sal agent, scit agent, administrative asst., etc. would be fired. At least 15 people that I know of, were pulled into the office today. These were positions that are not listed in the jcats persay, but jobs that were "created" out the blue.

How about the newly hired or "low seniority" managers that have to find new positions, within? You have what....60 days to find something or your gone. So the ones that got the "pink slip" today, also have 60 days - to find something ALONG with the displaced managers.

I don't want anyone to lose their livelihood. I pray these people can find something else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Truth About Fedex in Alpharetta, Georgia said: We were told today, that anyone that had a "so-called" no name job: ie: sal agent, scit agent, administrative asst., etc. would be fired. At least 15 people that I know of, were pulled into the office today. These were positions that are not listed in the jcats persay, but jobs that were "created" out the blue.

How about the newly hired or "low seniority" managers that have to find new positions, within? You have what....60 days to find something or your gone. So the ones that got the "pink slip" today, also have 60 days - to find something ALONG with the displaced managers.

I don't want anyone to lose their livelihood. I pray these people can find something else.

Excuse me - not fired, but "you have to find another position" or you will be LET GO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida said: Well,

If you have not heard. The firings (not layoffs) took place today in FedEx Services. A thousand of your fellow workers were selected at random for termination.

To those that were terminated, we will miss you. To those of us, still employed, it not over. The next round is rumored to be in June/July time frame.

It's all over - 500 were to lose their jobs in EXPRESS today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dvens in Tonawanda, New York

68 months ago

Truth About Fedex in Alpharetta, Georgia said: It's all over - 500 were to lose their jobs in EXPRESS today.

I believe that a lot more than 1000 were let go today.

Redhead1944 NLN in Camas, Washington

68 months ago

I am a retired employee who feels very sorry for those of you who feel you dont have a voice, that you need a union, that you have been done badly and there isnt such a thing as Purple Package..you all need to think about the 1000 people who lost their jobs today & quit speculating and whining - Fedex is and I hope will continue to be one of the world's greatest airlines w/ the strongest group of hardworking people in our world -

This is not a perfect world and Fedex as any company has and will make mistakes but they acknowledge them - they move forward. We receive outstanding benefits, good pay for the industry, and work for a loyal honest man, Mr Fred Smith. He has orchestrated this fine company for the majority of his adult life - mistakes were made but the bottom line is - what he created is why you have a job & what you gave of yourselves is why Mr Smith has such a great company.

Bravo Zulu to those that said you were proud and & those of you who feel this isnt right and the company is "hiding something" - we lost 1000 people today - we lost 2 pilots last week who were brought home with the honor & dignity that they earned.

People I know & loved retired early so someone could keep a job - a manager of 25 years w/ 3 children lost his -

So if you have all the answers or need a union to have a voice - please "retire" and there will be 1000's of people who will line up for your job. Many Fedex employees have worn many hats and have suffered setbacks - but we had a voice and we were proud when that plane lifted off w/ it's purple & orange colors....

In 1981 whn I went to work, we shipped 100K pkgs - we have come a long way - and the road ahead isnt for the lazy or whiners...Proud to be a Fedex Employee!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

fedexjobless in Memphis, Tennessee

68 months ago

I was given the pink slip. Rumors say it was done by a group of consultants hired by FedEx. They did not contact the mangers to help identify the non-producers and staff that was the brain truth. They focused on the older employees and the highly paid. Many E3’s got the axe. I was the lead on a project that saved the company millions. A 2008 IT hall of Fame winner – go figure!! There are plenty of worthless employees wasting space at FedEx and the managers know who they are. FedEx has fired their brain trust. The people with the technical knowledge that helped the company become so successful. This will technically set the company back years. Maybe it was always about getting rid of Domestic employee and now is the time the cut them all. The focus is all on international. Next cuts during the summer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Surviving Recession in New York

68 months ago

I agree with Redhead from Washington. I'm a little surprised that some of the current employees are biting the hand that feeds them.

Re: Truth about Fedex from Alpharetta GA... For the record, a performance based salary increase of up to 4% is average. You only get 1-2% if you're not meeting your expectations. Also, the last Cost of Living increase was 5.8% in October 2008. You'll also notice our minimum wage did not increase 5.8%. In this economic climate people (think: automakers) have taken significant pay cuts just to keep their employment.

The independent contractor lawsuits have cost Fedex an astronomical amount of money, because they are trying to fight a document they already signed and agreed to uphold.

Shipping volume is shrinking for everybody, and in order to survive it would be prudent for Fedex to stay competitive and strong. I wish the 1000 employees that lost their jobs today the best of luck. I read 500 were Express employees, and I know that compared to some of the other OpCos the pay is quite a bit higher.

Fedex is trimming any fat, temporary holding 401k contributions, a 20% salary cut by the CEO, and up to 10% for other managers, & cutting large expenditures such as opting out of the Superbowl ad.

If they play their cards well, the company will be lined up to thrive when the economy picks back up.

kim bolanos in Las Cruces, New Mexico

68 months ago

I most certainly did. Intentionally, to boot. Being subjected to personal attacks, even if on the internet, is unpleasant. It isn't necessary at all in a lively debate. Mr. Hoffa most likely experienced the same unpleasant feelings from my criticism of him, that I felt from his of me. I am sorry that he left, because the other side of the story is always good to hear. Perhaps he'll realize playing nice is much more constructive, and he'll stick to the issues, rather than turn to personal attacks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

fedexjobless in Memphis, Tennessee said: I was given the pink slip. Rumors say it was done by a group of consultants hired by FedEx. They did not contact the mangers to help identify the non-producers and staff that was the brain truth. They focused on the older employees and the highly paid. Many E3’s got the axe. I was the lead on a project that saved the company millions. A 2008 IT hall of Fame winner – go figure!! There are plenty of worthless employees wasting space at FedEx and the managers know who they are. FedEx has fired their brain trust. The people with the technical knowledge that helped the company become so successful. This will technically set the company back years. Maybe it was always about getting rid of Domestic employee and now is the time the cut them all. The focus is all on international. Next cuts during the summer.

Absolutely correct. It was focused at E3's and some Fellows too. What stings the most, is that it was possibly target to cripple as many projects as possible, so that Rob Carter and team can kill or delay them, by telling the board, we don't have the personel.

And while if sympathize with those that have been terminated. I now realized that responsibilities and duties of these E3's will be dumped on E2's and we are woefully undercompensated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Redhead1944 NLN in Camas, Washington said: I am a retired employee who feels very sorry for those of you who feel you dont have a voice, that you need a union, that you have been done badly and there isnt such a thing as Purple Package..you all need to think about the 1000 people who lost their jobs today & quit speculating and whining - Fedex is and I hope will continue to be one of the world's greatest airlines w/ the strongest group of hardworking people in our world -

This is not a perfect world and Fedex as any company has and will make mistakes but they acknowledge them - they move forward. We receive outstanding benefits, good pay for the industry, and work for a loyal honest man, Mr Fred Smith. He has orchestrated this fine company for the majority of his adult life - mistakes were made but the bottom line is - what he created is why you have a job & what you gave of yourselves is why Mr Smith has such a great company.

Bravo Zulu to those that said you were proud and & those of you who feel this isnt right and the company is "hiding something" - we lost 1000 people today - we lost 2 pilots last week who were brought home with the honor & dignity that they earned.

People I know & loved retired early so someone could keep a job - a manager of 25 years w/ 3 children lost his -

So if you have all the answers or need a union to have a voice - please "retire" and there will be 1000's of people who will line up for your job. Many Fedex employees have worn many hats and have suffered setbacks - but we had a voice and we were proud when that plane lifted off w/ it's purple & orange colors....

In 1981 whn I went to work, we shipped 100K pkgs - we have come a long way - and the road ahead isnt for the lazy or whiners...Proud to be a Fedex Employee!!!

REDHEAD, thank you so much for showing your purple blood. You put it so well - no person or company is perfect, but FedEx is heads above so many others. I'm lucky and love my job!

68 months ago

The first comments I heard at my FedEx station from fellow employees concerned who would get laid off. FedEx doesn't have a history of layoffs, so the layoff 'process' is a mystery.

Will they go by time in service (seniority)? One poster above stated 'They did not contact the mangers to help identify the non-producers and staff that was the brain truth. They focused on the older employees and the highly paid.'

Generally, in each workgroup the highest paid members have the most years of service. It's standard in the industry to layoff the most recently hired people - so is FedEx going to reverse this normal order, and layoff the oldtimers first?

I'd be curious to know if anyone visiting this forum has any clue as to what guideline FedEx will be using for layoffs. I do feel terribly sad for the people losing their jobs. Having been laid off from the steelworking industry many years ago, and being totally unprepared for that, I'm in a better financial position to weather it now. I won't let myself be caught with my pants down again. Nope. Nest egg here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Jims23 - I understand your frustration about the rumors and actuality of the IT layoff and the burden it may put upon your work group of E-2's...unfortunately no one knows what formula was used but I can assure you that Rob Carter and the consulting group isnt the culprit. Since no one knows the formula + all salaried took the Dec permanent paycut & same loss of benefits as did Mr Smith and all Senior Officers...speculation will only cause rumors which can lead to unproductivity.

Believe it or not..other areas were impacted - E3's w/ 25+ yrs experience..I live with a 4 digit employee who expected to be reduced because of his age - instead his manager got reduced.

To keep your job - work hard, think like every customer is the most important one you ever come in contact w/ and hope for the best. Try your best to get your "personal house in order" & help those in need. Say a prayer for those that we lost today, our fallen pilots and the men that lead you during these troubled times...no one at Fedex or any other company can stop fate and the economy..we arent the Post Office -- we are an airline who needs boxes. My mate puts a lot of boxes on the belt by hard work & dealing w/ a sometimes difficult new customer -- think outside the box..be part of the solution and give it all you have got...Think about what you can do in the next days to help someone other than yourself to get the job done - that's how and why Fedex is such a great company - it's the people - join the crowd! Redhead1944

19year employee in your town, American Samoa

68 months ago

Here is what FedEx has done to the hourly employee in the last 19 years I have been with the company:

Raises cut in half
401K contribution cut from $1000 per year to $500(1991)
401K contributionn cut from $500 per year to $0(current)
Propay or TRIP...gone(yes...this was a good deal for employees).
Health insurance cost up 275%
No raise for topped out employee's for the last 9 years (3% per year is not even covering the cost of living)
Tuition reimbursement decreased for Full Time Emp.
Uniform allowence cut (the current suspeneded system is a cut from before)
Traditional Pension....Gone
Unleashing the Portable Pension Plan (the average emp lost 29% from Traditional to Portable)
Bravo Zulu money....Gone.
Purple Promise money cut by 3/4.

These are the facts...they are undisputable.

68 months ago

kim bolanos in Las Cruces, New Mexico said: The first comments I heard at my FedEx station from fellow employees concerned who would get laid off. FedEx doesn't have a history of layoffs, so the layoff 'process' is a mystery.

Will they go by time in service (seniority)? One poster above stated 'They did not contact the mangers to help identify the non-producers and staff that was the brain truth. They focused on the older employees and the highly paid.'

Generally, in each workgroup the highest paid members have the most years of service. It's standard in the industry to layoff the most recently hired people - so is FedEx going to reverse this normal order, and layoff the oldtimers first?

I'd be curious to know if anyone visiting this forum has any clue as to what guideline FedEx will be using for layoffs. I do feel terribly sad for the people losing their jobs. Having been laid off from the steelworking industry many years ago, and being totally unprepared for that, I'm in a better financial position to weather it now. I won't let myself be caught with my pants down again. Nope. Nest egg here.

Kim - I applaud your posts - you are thinking w/ your head and your heart - I am retired but I love that company w/ all my heart - glad that you do also - Bravo Zulu - I have every Fedex pin given out until I retired - was a bldg designer representing the user for the 1st bldg Fedex ever built, then a courier (a bad one but I got thru it w/ the help of my fellow couriers), a dispatcher, a manager and project manager - stepped down, got down graded, went thru a GFT, got a letter in my file and had to terminate an employee for theft.. but I still knew I wanted to stay until I decided I could leave.

Stay strong and keep the faith...it's worth the effort - those that left today did nothing wrong...look at the other Titans of business - Microsoft, HP, Sharp, Intel -- it's the economy and not personal...Redhead1944

68 months ago

19year employee in your town, American Samoa said: Here is what FedEx has done to the hourly employee in the last 19 years I have been with the company:

Raises cut in half
401K contribution cut from $1000 per year to $500(1991)
401K contributionn cut from $500 per year to $0(current)
Propay or TRIP...gone(yes...this was a good deal for employees).
Health insurance cost up 275%
No raise for topped out employee's for the last 9 years (3% per year is not even covering the cost of living)
Tuition reimbursement decreased for Full Time Emp.
Uniform allowence cut (the current suspeneded system is a cut from before)
Traditional Pension....Gone
Unleashing the Portable Pension Plan (the average emp lost 29% from Traditional to Portable)
Bravo Zulu money....Gone.
Purple Promise money cut by 3/4.

These are the facts...they are undisputable.

I ask you this simple question and I dont mean to be rude because I didnt leave until 1997 - if all the above is/was so troublesome - why did you stay?
I would have thought w/ all these benefits taken away and your personal losses - that you would have sought employment elsewhere -- or gone into management to be a solution to all the above - I wasnt smart enough and I dont say that some of this did not happen - But again - step to the right - find a job where you are appreciated and can find a utopia...I retired and I get that pension check every month - ask any other airline if they feel that secure...ask Microsoft what type pension they have...raises are the industry standard...you didnt have to pay union dues if you were hourly Express & your uniforms were furnished... I worked w/ many Samoans in LA and they were the hardest working group among our diverse community at the SMOA station.
Apply to UPS - they have all the answers and a union - and then maybe one of those 1000 people would be happy to take your place. Your health care info is very distorted as we paid 0 in the beginning...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Red,

In the twelve years I have been with FedEx, I have seen FedEx go from a technology innovator, to a technology laggard. Yes Rob Carter and crew did know the "mystery" formula, they had to approve it. I do remember Rob Carter standing in front of 400 Orlando employees in 2000 and saying 'If you put forth the effort and do your job, you have a job here at FedEx'.

When I watch some of the brightest and hardest working people (5 star winners, Ace award and IT Hall of Fame (multiple times)) tossed aside like yesterday's trash. One has to wonder about the sanity of management.

I do know this, that these people left with a lot of knowledge and expertise of FedEx IT systems. Don't think for a minute that most of them will be working for "Brown" inside of a few months. If I did not have 3 kids to feed, I would punch out right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Redhead1944 NLN in Camas, Washington said: I ask you this simple question and I dont mean to be rude because I didnt leave until 1997 - if all the above is/was so troublesome - why did you stay?
I would have thought w/ all these benefits taken away and your personal losses - that you would have sought employment elsewhere -- or gone into management to be a solution to all the above - I wasnt smart enough and I dont say that some of this did not happen - But again - step to the right - find a job where you are appreciated and can find a utopia...I retired and I get that pension check every month - ask any other airline if they feel that secure...ask Microsoft what type pension they have...raises are the industry standard...you didnt have to pay union dues if you were hourly Express & your uniforms were furnished... I worked w/ many Samoans in LA and they were the hardest working group among our diverse community at the SMOA station.
Apply to UPS - they have all the answers and a union - and then maybe one of those 1000 people would be happy to take your place. Your health care info is very distorted as we paid 0 in the beginning...

Who said I was unhappy? I was only pointing out the facts. And for what it is worth...I WAS in management for 2 years. I got out because I could no longer look at myself with a clear conscious while I was forced to lie to employees day after day. Oh yes...thank you for reminding me something that I forgot to add to my list...front line managers had to take a pay cut. You got out of the company in 1997 so most of what that has been taken from the hourly employee does not affect you.

68 months ago

Jim - I live w/ an IT man who made decision to leave the division about 9 years ago...when Mr Carter made that statement, I dont think anyone thought that the past eighteen months would spiral down as quickly as it did...in my humble opinion, Fedex led the charge in develeoping the technology for Cosmos and the ultimate package tracking system - UPS just followed our lead. We led them in the Intl market - but the USPS has a semi-commodity on that market price wise w/o a tracking mechanism. We followed UPS & gained some Ground pkgs from Big Brown - and we did it all w/ our airplanes, no unions and indeed have brilliant IT people who left today...

I had the pleasure of taking over Laura Ashley (BLS aka Logistics aka Supply Chain) in the early 90's - they had thirteen teleservice agents in NJ and no system documentation - so we went to NJ, took our agents & a trainer (IT had no involvement other than cable pulling & the cutover) & we ran on it @ 1.28 per minute. We also found twelve out of the thirteen LA agents jobs at NJ stations working for Fedex - wrote the document for LA which they after two years took w/ them to a lower priced competitor...I took a down grade...never regretted it as all my employees had jobs w/ new incoming customers.

But when we need IT to develop a workable system for the rest of the the center and the warehouses - there was no time and/or resources - we hobbled w/ a system & some quick fixes by an in-house programer (on loan from IT) - we werent a priority.

So, I am sorry to think you would punch out tomorrow - it's more than hard to see people you respect, and know did their job, leave - I watched a division just dissolve - people had to scramble - had sixty days to get a job - UPS is far more political than Fedex - + I dont think they are hiring these days..I appreciate how you feel - been there, done that, wore the t-shirt...Redhead

68 months ago

19year employee in your town, American Samoa said: Who said I was unhappy? I was only pointing out the facts. And for what it is worth...I WAS in management for 2 years. I got out because I could no longer look at myself with a clear conscious while I was forced to lie to employees day after day. Oh yes...thank you for reminding me something that I forgot to add to my list...front line managers had to take a pay cut. You got out of the company in 1997 so most of what that has been taken from the hourly employee does not affect you.

I left in 1997 - believe me, many sacrifices and lies were told prior that date..if you arent unhappy..concentrate on the negative? I got out of management because I hated being on 24/7 w/o comp time and or any consideration. We had beepers, buzzers, deadlines, etal. I have loaded in the bellies of planes, won a few awards, had some great times but I NEVER lied. I held on to my integrity and if you couldnt - then I am sorry you were in such a situation. I left because I decided that I no longer wanted to be there every day and give it my all - when you dread to come to work, only look on the negative side - no matter how good you are or how hard you try...for me it was time to go. Didnt have a pension for 1 1/2 yrs - wasnt rich..but I left w/ good feelings which I still have. I choose to remember the good, consider the not so good in the past and I acknowledged what an opportunity I had had - went from 18K to 48K (new people w/ less experience came in at higher salaries but I thought I was in tall cotton - I still have purple blood and believe in the purple promise. I kept my integrity...that's part of what being at Fedex means to me....Redhead

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fedexjobless in Memphis, Tennessee

68 months ago

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida said: Absolutely correct. It was focused at E3's and some Fellows too. What stings the most, is that it was possibly target to cripple as many projects as possible, so that Rob Carter and team can kill or delay them, by telling the board, we don't have the personel.

And while if sympathize with those that have been terminated. I now realized that responsibilities and duties of these E3's will be dumped on E2's and we are woefully undercompensated.

This is my take on why these top developers were dumped.

Management has been trying to outsource IT projects to India for ever. These in general were not very successful but we were told to keep trying. By getting rid of the current IT leads, less US project will be successful and more projects can be moved to India for 1/4 the price they are paying domestic IT employees. FedEx will save millions. Screw the US its all about Carter saving money and looking good to Fred. They have become international driven and the IT market is much cheaper in India.

FedEx_Layoff in Memphis, Tennessee

68 months ago

For what it's worth, I was one of the 500 layoffs in the WHQ (on Hacks Cross - Memphis). What irks me to post this is reading how the FedEx PR person related to the media that we were treated with utmost respect during the process yesterday. As someone who has loved their time at FedEx, i can say that we were NOT treated with any dignity or respect, but as criminals. We could not even get the pictures we had of our families (on our desks). It would be shipped to me after my ex-manager goes through my personal items. Thursday we were trusted and hard working FedEx employees, and on Friday we were common criminals who weren't worth our salaries to the same company many of us invested years in.

Please don't get the idea that FedEx is different than any of the companies that have laid off thousands in the past year. Remember the recent promotion at FedEx Kinkos where the jobless could print copies of their resume for free? While i know companies have to have promotions to advertise, it makes me wonder how many of us paid for that promotion with our jobs...and the fact that the 1000 laid off FedEx employees can't even take advantage of that offer as well.

As i walked out...er was escorted out the door by my manager yesterday, i also thought about the money spent on the large landscaping done daily, the ones hired to wash the windows, the company hired to water the plants (yes, it's a separate company hired to do that), and the company hired to supply free coffee and other refreshments to the lucky ones not laid off. It just makes me wonder if FedEx really did all it could to avoid the 1000 devastated lives they created yesterday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

FedEx_Layoff in Memphis, Tennessee

68 months ago

Also, the part about being able to get first pick on jobs. I really wish you guys could see the meager jobs available to us now. Most aren't even in Memphis. Want to know how many salaried (exempt-salaried) jobs are offered in Memphis to us (the 500 laid off in Memphis)? One, just one. Most of the other jobs are part time hourly jobs, or positions that require a very specific skill and experience set (which is the reason they aren't currently filled right now anyways). I don't know of anyone in my former workgroup that could fill the requirements of those jobs.

So please don't think they threw us a bone by offering us another position. I couldn't even afford my insurance premiums with the pay of those hourly jobs available to us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

[QUOTE] So please don't think they threw us a bone by offering us another position. I couldn't even afford my insurance premiums with the pay of those hourly jobs available to us.

Truly sorry that you got the dreaded "escort" yesterday. How about our H.R. representative, as well as a few secretaries got walked out yesterday. They didn't even see it coming!

Welcome to my world (part time hourly). Luckily I have many specific skills, but I was always waiting for the "perfect" opening in my area. Guess it was a blessing in disguise, for I would be presently "unemployed" as well.

Keep your head up and thanks for your input. We need more stories like yours, so that those with that PURPLE BLOOD will understand the other side.

68 months ago

Redhead1944 NLN in Camas, Washington said: I left because I decided that I no longer wanted to be there every day and give it my all - when you dread to come to work, only look on the negative side - no matter how good you are or how hard you try...for me it was time to go. Didnt have a pension for 1 1/2 yrs - wasnt rich..but I left w/ good feelings which I still have. I choose to remember the good, consider the not so good in the past and I acknowledged what an opportunity I had had - went from 18K to 48K (new people w/ less experience came in at higher salaries but I thought I was in tall cotton - I still have purple blood and believe in the purple promise. I kept my integrity...that's part of what being at Fedex means to me....Redhead

Again, as you say - not trying to be rude.

But since you retired in what "1997", things have changed a weeee bit since then. Seems you still have some PURPLE running through your veins.

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe that it is okay to "release some stress" here on the board? Seems to me, you are doing the same, but in the next breathe you are "cheerleading" for Fedex. If it was so glorious, why did you go? Oh, it was your "integrity" - give us a break. Sounds as though you were "weak" and "stressed" out yourself.

No, I get it - you were a manager, so you have no choice but to "raise your pom poms". Pull that IV out of your arm; those days are over and you got the "no vaseline" treatment, with the rest of us.

68 months ago

Surviving Recession in New York said: I agree with Redhead from Washington. I'm a little surprised that some of the current employees are biting the hand that feeds them.

Re: Truth about Fedex from Alpharetta GA... For the record, a performance based salary increase of up to 4% is average. You only get 1-2% if you're not meeting your expectations. Also, the last Cost of Living increase was 5.8% in October 2008. You'll also notice our minimum wage did not increase 5.8%. In this economic climate people (think: automakers) have taken significant pay cuts just to keep their employment.

The independent contractor lawsuits have cost Fedex an astronomical amount of money, because they are trying to fight a document they already signed and agreed to uphold.

Shipping volume is shrinking for everybody, and in order to survive it would be prudent for Fedex to stay competitive and strong. I wish the 1000 employees that lost their jobs today the best of luck. I read 500 were Express employees, and I know that compared to some of the other OpCos the pay is quite a bit higher.

Fedex is trimming any fat, temporary holding 401k contributions, a 20% salary cut by the CEO, and up to 10% for other managers, & cutting large expenditures such as opting out of the Superbowl ad.

If they play their cards well, the company will be lined up to thrive when the economy picks back up.

Another manager has found the board - *yawn*

Seems to me, that's where the problem started. When you don't do right, it's called "standing up" for yourself. The independent contractors, those in CALI and all others whose CIVIL RIGHTS were disregarded deserved to be compensated.

Four percent is average - do you mean at FEDEX or elsewhere. The cost of living is 6.52%. Get your facts straight, for you have no ideal who you are disputing.

Don't you agree? Of course not - you can't see the forest for the trees!

68 months ago

kim bolanos in Las Cruces, New Mexico said: The first comments I heard at my FedEx station from fellow employees concerned who would get laid off. FedEx doesn't have a history of layoffs, so the layoff 'process' is a mystery.

Don't worry Kim. Fedex has never let you down before, so rest assured that your job is safe.

They just laid off our H.R. representative who has over 26 years with the company. Guys that have over 20+ years of service (but they recently went into management) were let go as well. From service agents to one of our senior managers - all were pulled in the office. I left before everyone was walked out, so nobody (did I say NOBODY) is safe!

How embarassing to have the managers not let you clean out your office or locker; after they SEARCH your property, they will mail it to you.

They have complete access to your email account, (whether it be Fedex email or on Internet Explorer). Of course, before clearing out your account, they will read ALL your emails, etc.

FYI - clear out your email account pronto!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Truth About Fedex in Alpharetta, Georgia said: Don't worry Kim. Fedex has never let you down before, so rest assured that your job is safe.
They just laid off our H.R. representative who has over 26 years with the company. Guys that have over 20+ years of service (but they recently went into management) were let go as well. From service agents to one of our senior managers - all were pulled in the office. I left before everyone was walked out, so nobody (did I say NOBODY) is safe!
How embarassing to have the managers not let you clean out your office or locker; after they SEARCH your property, they will mail it to you.
They have complete access to your email account, (whether it be Fedex email or on Internet Explorer). Of course, before clearing out your account, they will read ALL your emails, etc.

Reduction in force is never easy and the policies throughout most Fortune 500 companies is employees leave immediately - unless you were searched - I doubt this happened. The norm is a discussion, time to compose oneself and leave..your personal property is often delivered to you vrs having someone watch while you gather it - a lot is taken into consideration - the employee's dignity, morale of those left behind -- since you left before your fellow employees - do you still have a job?

Microsoft in January layed of 1400 people w/ an email the night before telling the employee to report the next am - they too left that day - and when Microsoft overpaid some of the severance pay to some and unperpaid to others - their first thought was to "ask for the overpay back" -My daughter was a contract teacher of elementary children in a Home School facility - they called all 11 contract teachers in one by one - asked them to leave - they got nothing in severance or continued benefits altho they had always supported the Teacher's Union annual strike...my daughter's response was "I bought most of these books"

68 months ago

Truth About Fedex in Alpharetta, Georgia said: Don't worry Kim. Fedex has never let you down before, so rest assured that your job is safe.
I left before everyone was walked out, so nobody (did I say NOBODY) is safe!

You dont need to be advising Kim about her job as you seem to have all the answers and I would suspect that you are full of the latest information -

FYI - Fedex owns the right to your email - it was meant for business and since I used it thusly, I never worried about someone seeing mine..the company has been extremely lenient regarding personal email and I have watched many fellow employees play games on the pc while there was work to be done...

If you had uniforms, manual, etc...they too belong to Fedex. At Starbucks, there are cameras everywhere & yet a customer cannot take picture of the interior - never once has Fedex been seruptious about what was happening - I truly believe they did take every measure prior to this reduction...

I dont like what happened. I lost friends also but you know what, when my friends called yesterday - they were devastated about losing their jobs and they knew there "werent any jobs" to be had in the next 60 days unless there is a whirlwind swing in shipping...but they to the person said they were treated with dignity - a lot of tears were shed yesterday - pls stand up and be counted instead of telling Kim that no one is safe...it's a recession - not a popularity contest...and I doubt she has to worry about her email either...It's no less shocking today - but Fedex is not the bad guy. It's a business w/ great people Red
d

68 months ago

"Again, as you say - not trying to be rude.

But since you retired in what "1997", things have changed a weeee bit since then. Seems you still have some PURPLE running through your veins.

Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe that it is okay to "release some stress" here on the board? Seems to me, you are doing the same, but in the next breathe you are "cheerleading" for Fedex. If it was so glorious, why did you go? Oh, it was your "integrity" - give us a break. Sounds as though you were "weak" and "stressed" out yourself.

No, I get it - you were a manager, so you have no choice but to "raise your pom poms". Pull that IV out of your arm; those days are over and you got the "no vaseline" treatment, with the rest of us."

No, and now I will be blunt - I left because I lost both my parents within 18 months and did not reeceive a requested personal leave of absence...my stress came from grief - I left because I could afford to, my partner is still at Fedex, my life was in order and I wanted to not work 24/7....The reason I didnt get a PLA was because the director did not think it was necessary and said I was needed.
Yep, I was a manager - but also many other hats - part-time, full time, salaries, professional, admin - wherever we moved, I had to find a job and we moved frequently...we went back to Memphis about 24 mos b4 my parents passed away - in Memphis I had 40+ employees who couldnt havent gotten a plane off the ground on time if their life depended on it.
So, pls no pom poms - I live w/ a Fedex person and we both feel strongly that it is the company we hired on with - since I was there in 81 - I had the pleasure of watching it grow...If you need to release stress about the company that gives you a paycheck - write it in a journal vrs a forum where anyone can read this..again if you dont like it - step to the right and someone can replace you..dont care who/what you are or do but dont act like you are the only person w/ a dog in this fight.Re

68 months ago

Redhead...I do admire your steadfast respect and admiration for FedEx. Honestly overall I have enjoyed working for FedEx and the stability that the company has afforded me over time...HOWEVER....since you have left in 1997 this is not the same FedEx that you worked for. You would not even recognize this company anymore. Have you noticed that FedEx has not even muttered the work SFA yet??? We should be taking it by now. Why is that....??? Because the SFA would have record low scores.

I am not from American Samoa...just put it down to try and conceal my idenity.

Here is some info I got from someone who is in a high place from FedEx....

With FedEx almost certainly losing its' RLA, the company is doing these cuts to help prepare itself for what most inevitably will be a full out organization by the Teamsters. The company anticipates that if FedEx stays the course that the Express side will be organized within 2 years. The cuts now(1000 emp) and the anticipated cuts in the summer time are to free up money to pay its hourly employee's a high raise in the upcomming months in hope to stop the Teamsters from organizing. Back in 1996 when FedEx was in jepordy of losing its' RLA they gave the employees then a 6% raise. This quieted the Union talk.

Another thing that one might be interested to know...after these 1000 employee's were given their walking papers there was a special internet site set up with open positions across the company...most of the positions were part time handler positions...CSA or PT courier postions. Only if you were let go could you see this website.

Last thing of note that is of interst....

Full time UPS drivers in my district that have been "laid off"...they are working in their "centers" working 9 hours a day at $22.51 per hour. That was negotiated into their contracts.

My last question to FedEx emp...If FedEx were to remain...outside of being laid off...what more could the company take from you?

68 months ago

"Don't worry Kim. Fedex has never let you down before, so rest assured that your job is safe."

I don't think I've ever said on this forum that FedEx has never let me down. The letdowns have been far less important than the extraordinary things they have done for me. That's why I don't dwell on the negatives. It serves no good purpose.

In my 19+ years with FedEx, I've been fired twice, and quit once. None of it stuck, and I'm still plugging along. When people ask me if I like my job, I respond by telling them FedEx is a good company to work for. I believe that completely.

I'm not worried. I've been laid off before. I learned my lesson the first time I was laid off. I changed my lifestyle so that my paycheck doesn't own me. It took alot of years, alot of planning, and what some people would call alot of sacrifice - but I call it simply planning ahead for whatever comes my way, as well as I can.

I don't have 4 ATV's, 2 new pickup trucks, an RV, 400-channel cable TV, or a 3000 square foot house. Almost eveyone I know has these things, and the massive bills that go with them. Few of them actually have a savings account of any kind. Most of them owe more money for their toys than their paycheck can possibly cover. Is that FedEx's fault?

I do have a fantastic husband, beautiful daughter, loving mother, and more wonderful Mexican relatives than I can count. All the expensive material possessions in the world couldn't compensate for that.

FedEx isn't responsible for my entire financial well-being. I am responsible for myself. I don't depend on anyone, or anything, to provide for me. Americans used to be independent people. What happened to this country, that we seem to think some corporation, or our government, is supposed to provide for our needs? FedEx doesn't owe me crap. I've worked for them, they've paid me fairly. End of story. They don't owe me for life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jpbaron in Colorado Springs, Colorado

68 months ago

I have many friends who were laid off yesterday. For those E3 professionals on this thread, I am curious what your severance package was?

68 months ago

"I have never seen a company, that can change up policy whenever they feel. If you don't know your rights or any better, they will use and abuse you"

In my experience, that's somewhat true. Policy can be vague, subject to wide interpretation, and often doesn't even exist for the situation at hand. Not to mention it changes constantly (mostly due to lawsuits I'd imagine), and seems to be applied differently in different geographical locations. Not to mention that the books are lacking complete organization. Just try to find all the info about personal holidays on 1 page. More likely to be scattered across 5 pages.

The best defense is to read the policy manuals whenever possible. I used to check the books out for home toilet-reading time. I finished all of them that way - trying to use my downtime wisely :) Shockingly enough, I know of only a handful of fellow employees who've ever even opened the cover of any of the policy manuals. Yes. Pitiful that employess complain about something they won't take the time to become even a little bit familiar with. WAKE UP. These manuals affect your job. Do not depend on your manager or HR person to research your issue - do it yourself.

68 months ago

"My last question to FedEx emp...If FedEx were to remain...outside of being laid off...what more could the company take from you?"

Vacation Pay
Personal Holiday Pay
Floating Holiday Pay
Sick Day Pay
Holiday Payrate
Overtime Payrate
Suspension Pay
Workers Comp Pay
Disability Pay
Health Insurance
Dental Insurance
Vision Insurance
Life Insurance
Long Term Care Insurance
Tuition Reimbursement
Pension Plan
Jumpseat Privileges
Reduced Airline Tickets
Reduced Purchase Price at many corporations that offer them to FedEx employees
People Help
Free Uniforms

Gosh, in about 60 seconds I thought of all of these things. I couldn't type fast enough. Imagine how many more I could think of if I spent more time.

These are just the ones I've benefited from in my employment, except for Pension Plan. Not there yet.

My health insurance premium is so cheap! I pay $13.50 for great coverage. Have had 2 major, expensive, surgeries using it. Paid disability by FedEx while I was off work for the surgeries. How cool is that?

I'm not sure what point you're making with your question - FedEx gives employees too little, or FedEx employment is a good benefits deal? I've had several jobs where I had no benefits, other than Workers Comp. I think that too often employees take their benefits for granted. Just as employers can take their employees for granted. Both should appreciate the other equally.

68 months ago

Well said Kim, in my 18 yrs, I almost got fired - but unfortunately the mgr who "marked" a checkride after my 3rd accident (2 were so tiny but I knew I had done it) hadnt done the checkride - we had a senior mgr who thought she made us falsify delivery records (unfortunately for her, we kept our time cards) and she didnt get fired - just went from a PacNW station to Memphis where her married boyfriend was a sr VP & we got interrogated but finally exonerated for telling the truth - my mgr in Mem forgot to turn in my short term disability paperwork & since I hadnt been on that b4 - I didnt realize that I had "commited a crime" beyond comprehension" - one months pay went away but I got it back after a long ardous documentation process, won my one GFT and there were lotss more issues along the way - moral of the story - lots more good people than managers at Fedex and many other companies. I too have a nice house, less $ in my retirement fund than b4 the stock market "crash" - I have a daughter, a husband, a life and I cash that pension check w/ pride every month because I earned it - didnt have to pay a Union a penny, wore cute uniforms and had the time of my life while I worked my tail off...I think you represent the 99% of the people I admire and feel could/would get a plane off the ground..Positive Pull & Positivity RED

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

We had friends from many sectors..higher and lower than E3's who recvd reduction notices yesterday- and not one of them discussed their severance pay - nor did we ask...I know you are just curious but if so, ask one of them...this forum doesnt have that info..and actually it is a very personal matter...Redhead

68 months ago

[QUOTE who="My last question to FedEx emp...If FedEx were to remain...outside of being laid off...what more could the company take from you?

What is left to take?

Other than mandated Federal/State employee rights? Services only has partial offset medical costs. That is pretty much it. Thank god I am covered by my wife's coverage.

So, really from my point of view, FedEx is nothing but a place to park my butt until I can find a better job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Kim,

You might want to understand where some of these benefits come from. Most are mandated by law. If Fred and Crew could dump them, they would. Take Services, other than 4 Holiday pays, almost all those benefits you mention are required by law or gone.

Vacation Pay -- mandated by some states
Personal Holiday Pay
Floating Holiday Pay
Sick Day Pay -- mandated by some states and cities
Holiday Payrate -- mandated by federal and state laws
Overtime Payrate -- mandated by federal and state laws
Suspension Pay -- Only certain employees get this
Workers Comp Pay -- mandated by federal and state law
Disability Pay -- mandated by federal and state law
Health Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50
Dental Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50
Vision Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50
Life Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50
Long Term Care Insurance not subsidized
Tuition Reimbursement changed to make it worthless
Pension Plan - no company match, and required because they started it
Jumpseat Privileges -- gone
Reduced Airline Tickets -- honored by only certain airlines
Reduced Purchase Price at many corporations that offer them to FedEx employees -- worthless, often get better deals with sales
People Help -- joke
Free Uniforms -- not applicable

68 months ago

You beat me to the punch. I was about to go through that list myself ---

The people that are "waving their pom poms" are the same ones WONDERING if and when, they will be next.

Well, Kim did say she has money stashed away - but in the next paragraph she is wondering if her head is on the chopping block next.

Stay tuned - more news will be coming out later tonight, early Monday morning. Glad to have friends in high places, that keep me informed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Redhead1944 NLN in Camas, Washington said: Reduction in force is never easy and the policies throughout most Fortune 500 companies is employees leave immediately - unless you were searched - I doubt this happened. The norm is a discussion, time to compose oneself and leave..your personal property is often delivered to you vrs having someone watch while you gather it - a lot is taken into consideration - the employee's dignity, morale of those left behind -- since you left before your fellow employees - do you still have a job?

Microsoft in January layed of 1400 people w/ an email the night before telling the employee to report the next am - they too left that day - and when Microsoft overpaid some of the severance pay to some and unperpaid to others - their first thought was to "ask for the overpay back" -My daughter was a contract teacher of elementary children in a Home School facility - they called all 11 contract teachers in one by one - asked them to leave - they got nothing in severance or continued benefits altho they had always supported the Teacher's Union annual strike...my daughter's response was "I bought most of these books"

Amazing that you weren't hear to speak to people, but you DOUBT what they said.

Paragraph II - huh?

68 months ago

Redhead1944 NLN in Camas, Washington said: You dont need to be advising Kim about her job as you seem to have all the answers and I would suspect that you are full of the latest information -

FYI - Fedex owns the right to your email - it was meant for business and since I used it thusly, I never worried about someone seeing mine..the company has been extremely lenient regarding personal email and I have watched many fellow employees play games on the pc while there was work to be done...

If you had uniforms, manual, etc...they too belong to Fedex. At Starbucks, there are cameras everywhere & yet a customer cannot take picture of the interior - never once has Fedex been seruptious about what was happening - I truly believe they did take every measure prior to this reduction...

I dont like what happened. I lost friends also but you know what, when my friends called yesterday - they were devastated about losing their jobs and they knew there "werent any jobs" to be had in the next 60 days unless there is a whirlwind swing in shipping...but they to the person said they were treated with dignity - a lot of tears were shed yesterday - pls stand up and be counted instead of telling Kim that no one is safe...it's a recession - not a popularity contest...and I doubt she has to worry about her email either...It's no less shocking today - but Fedex is not the bad guy. It's a business w/ great people Red
d

First of all, KIM asked about how they are laying off. I would expect a REPLY from her - but this is a blog, so anyone can jump in right? Before you insert your foot, READ and comprehend.

#2 - I am VERY well versed in FEDEX policy (federal and state as well).

#3 - Aren't you retired - remember WHY you are retired? Count your blessings and give your friends a hug for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

kim bolanos in Las Cruces, New Mexico said: "Don't worry Kim. Fedex has never let you down before, so rest assured that your job is safe."

I don't think I've ever said on this forum that FedEx has never let me down. The letdowns have been far less important than the extraordinary things they have done for me. That's why I don't dwell on the negatives. It serves no good purpose.

In my 19+ years with FedEx, I've been fired twice, and quit once. None of it stuck, and I'm still plugging along. When people ask me if I like my job, I respond by telling them FedEx is a good company to work for. I believe that completely.

I'm not worried. I've been laid off before. I learned my lesson the first time I was laid off. I changed my lifestyle so that my paycheck doesn't own me. It took alot of years, alot of planning, and what some people would call alot of sacrifice - but I call it simply planning ahead for whatever comes my way, as well as I can.

I don't have 4 ATV's, 2 new pickup trucks, an RV, 400-channel cable TV, or a 3000 square foot house. Almost eveyone I know has these things, and the massive bills that go with them. Few of them actually have a savings account of any kind. Most of them owe more money for their toys than their paycheck can possibly cover. Is that FedEx's fault?

I do have a fantastic husband, beautiful daughter, loving mother, and more wonderful Mexican relatives than I can count. All the expensive material possessions in the world couldn't compensate for that.

That's called "TMI" Kim. Your life with Fedex doesn't sound as glorious as before. Fired TWICE - they won't hold that against you. Stay posted - more news will be coming out tomorrow.

Phase IV of the layoffs.

By the way, please don't HATE on those that have material things; where did that even come from (envious maybe)?

[/QUOTE

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.