FedEx News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 210)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Redhead1944 NLN in Camas, Washington

72 months ago

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida said: [QUOTE who="My last question to FedEx emp...If FedEx were to remain...outside of being laid off...what more could the company take from you?

What is left to take?

Other than mandated Federal/State employee rights? Services only has partial offset medical costs. That is pretty much it. Thank god I am covered by my wife's coverage.

So, really from my point of view, FedEx is nothing but a place to park my butt until I can find a better job.

I would assume you will have plenty of time to park your butt & wait (that's a GREAT attitude) - we have Fedex medical coverage thru my husband - have no problems - I check what the medical industry bills Fedex and am very happy w/ co-pay, vision, dental etc - but our children are grown -

While parking your butt, and cashing those checks while you look for a job - with your outlook on corporate life outside Fedex - you may be sitting for a long time. In my opinionm you couldnt get a plane off the ground - you see only the negative - and most of all in this economy you should be very happy to have a job - good luck on your job search - beef up your resume but then Fedex can and will only put down the periods of time you worked there - Red

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida

72 months ago

Red,

As I said. If I did not have 3 kids to feed, I would be gone. But I can not afford 1 to 2 months of changing a job, and the associate hassle with it at this time. Quite frankly, my attitude is quite prevalent at Services. We have been losing and lost some outstanding talent, because of the management short term focus on profit over people.

One only has to read Fred's recent comments and actions to know, he is truly turned 180 degrees to a profit at all cost focus. He has tried to blackmail Congress on the RLA conversion to NLRA move. He has told employees in several meetings, that they are now the 2 P in PSP philosophy.

And the continual erosion of wages, benefits and careet path for those that want it is pretty damning on FedEx long term goal. Get the cheapest labor you can find, and cut costs where possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida said: Kim,
You might want to understand where some of these benefits come from. Most are mandated by law. If Fred and Crew could dump them, they would. Take Services, other than 4 Holiday pays, almost all those benefits you mention are required by law or gone.
Disability Pay -- mandated by federal and state law
Health Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50
Dental Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50
Vision Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50
Life Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50
Long Term Care Insurance not subsidized*
Tuition Reimbursement changed to make it worthless
Pension Plan - no company match, and required because they started it*
Jumpseat Privileges -- gone
Reduced Airline Tickets -- honored by only certain airlines*
Reduced Purchase Price at many corporations that offer them to FedEx employees -- worthless, often get better deals with sales*
People Help -- joke*

Jim - I would like to address a few things but from above: Pension Plan 401K match - Fedex and many other companies have stopped the match to stop the "bleeding" - 401K is not exclusive w/ Fedex as a "learned man such a you" must know - nor is a match required--Corporate airlines discounts - that's standard throughout the airlines - nothing that Fedex can control - even tho Fedex/UPS carry a lot of USPS pkgs daily - I dont seem to be getting a discount on my postal service which are now being said to have "changes ahead" -Find me a company that subsidizes Long Term ins & I will eat my hat - it's usually purchased when you are 60. You must be an officer or have inside info - I deleted many of your state/federal mandated items..this coming from a 20 yr employee that busted BUTT - are you a part of the Corp CEO staff? Red

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Truth About Fedex in Alpharetta, Georgia

72 months ago

Redhead1944 NLN in Camas, Washington said: Well said Kim, in my 18 yrs, I almost got fired - but unfortunately the mgr who "marked" a checkride after my 3rd accident (2 were so tiny but I knew I had done it) hadnt done the checkride - we had a senior mgr who thought she made us falsify delivery records (unfortunately for her, we kept our time cards) and she didnt get fired - just went from a PacNW station to Memphis where her married boyfriend was a sr VP & we got interrogated but finally exonerated for telling the truth - my mgr in Mem forgot to turn in my short term disability paperwork & since I hadnt been on that b4 - I didnt realize that I had "commited a crime" beyond comprehension" - one months pay went away but I got it back after a long ardous documentation process, won my one GFT and there were lotss more issues along the way - moral of the story - lots more good people than managers at Fedex and many other companies. I too have a nice house, less $ in my retirement fund than b4 the stock market "crash" - I have a daughter, a husband, a life and I cash that pension check w/ pride every month because I earned it - didnt have to pay a Union a penny, wore cute uniforms and had the time of my life while I worked my tail off...I think you represent the 99% of the people I admire and feel could/would get a plane off the ground..Positive Pull & Positivity RED

Is this Karen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida said: Red,

As I said. If I did not have 3 kids to feed, I would be gone. But I can not afford 1 to 2 months of changing a job, and the associate hassle with it at this time. Quite frankly, my attitude is quite prevalent at Services. We have been losing and lost some outstanding talent, because of the management short term focus on profit over people.
One only has to read Fred's recent comments and actions to know, he is truly turned 180 degrees to a profit at all cost focus. He has tried to blackmail Congress on the RLA conversion to NLRA move. He has told employees in several meetings, that they are now the 2 P in PSP philosophy.
And the continual erosion of wages, benefits and careet path for those that want it is pretty damning on FedEx long term goal. Get the cheapest labor you can find, and cut costs where possible.

Jim - I am sorry you feel trapped and my above post wasnt meant to be malicious..my husband is in Services but has heavy field interface and the changes have been drastic there but if you think Mr Smith is the only company fighting for a non union work enviornment - read the news. Change is frightening for everyone in this day and age - there is so much uncertainty. My dad was management and my father in law Union - but look at UPS, the auto industry, trucking etal - have you ever had to walk a picket line for months?

I dont have 3 kids (we raised 2) but do know that it's hard times for everyone and a lot of belt tightening is going on - Suddenly, I am helping pay a part of Billions for something I assured wouldnt happen - earmarks. My SS check is called an "entitlement" - hmm I paid into that since I was 12 - in my city, there are so many over 65 people working - young people cannot get jobs in food services, Target, etc. In fact my Fedex courier isnt young either...Hope it gets better soon and that you have a nice Sunday. Red

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LiveLoveLearn

72 months ago

I've worked at Fedex a really long time.The one thing I find true is wait and see. We can't go though life as conspiracy theorist's, and by thinking the grass is always greener on the other side. I've always been frontline and hear so many rumors, most that never came to be. Most changes I do not agree with but i have been here long enough to realize the chain of command. My manager is under pressure from their boss, who is under pressure from their boss, who was instructed by their boss to implement.Still, it is very interesting to see the people condemn something they have no control over and inflict self misery. Life is Good, Fedex has been good. Good luck to all, God Bless

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

CJ,

I will take your suggestion - I do need a vacation.

The wife has fantastic European cruise coming up in May - as I stated before ...

You don't know me, nor my affiliation. So please take your "medication" before you blow a gasket.

BTW - you are starting to bore me - *yawn* - go away please or must you get the last word?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

I am cruising in Europe also in May - hope you are looking forward to yours and much as we are...not blowing a gasket and dont need my meds - this is an open forum - so you need a private one - blog or continue your opinions - I promise I wont reply to another one - Peace Red

Surviving Recession in New York

71 months ago

Truth About Fedex in Alpharetta, Georgia said: Another manager has found the board - *yawn*

Seems to me, that's where the problem started. When you don't do right, it's called "standing up" for yourself. The independent contractors, those in CALI and all others whose CIVIL RIGHTS were disregarded deserved to be compensated.

Four percent is average - do you mean at FEDEX or elsewhere. The cost of living is 6.52%. Get your facts straight, for you have no ideal who you are disputing.

Don't you agree? Of course not - you can't see the forest for the trees!

I'd really like you to please stop being disrespectful. I'm not a manager, and stop *yawning* when someone is loyal to the commpany they work for. Nobody's doing that to every one of your 'flame Fedex' posts.

My facts are straight. You find a company right now that does better than 4% pay raises consistently.

Quoting every single person and intent on Owning the whole forum isn't just blowing off some steam, or releasing some stress. But then again, I'm glad you do this rather than go in to work with a gun one day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

What is a "commpany"?

Ranger Man in Hillsboro, Ohio

71 months ago

I wonder if Fedex would buy out DHL and take over the Wilmington Ohio airport would they be a lot better against UPS because they would get there shipments out faster.I think they would because it has 2 runway's and close to 8000 people that will be out of job's.

FedEx_Layoff in Memphis, Tennessee

71 months ago

Maybe i can answer one of the questions posted on this board over the past weekend.

As for the severance, here's how it goes:

1) We are paid our full salaries until May 31st, 2009 (the last day of FedEx's corporate year, BTW).
2) If we accept one of the jobs that we get to bid on (and i've posted earlier about how meager they are), then our previous salary pay (till May 31st) stops on the very day we accept the new position (and those positions will be offered starting on April 17th - meaning you would lose about 1.5 months of your previous salary pay).
3) If you do not accept any position offered, then beginning May 31st, extended severance begins. It lasts a number of weeks depending on your number of years of continuous service. The pay chart is posted below:

0-3 years = 8 weeks (non-exempt professionals), 12 weeks (exempt Prof), 16 weeks (managers)
3-5 years = 12/16/20 (non-exempt, exempt, managers)
5-10 years = 16/20/24
10-15 years = 20/24/28
15-20 years = 24/28/32
20=25 years = 28/32/36
25+ years = 32/36/40

Though i understand the current economic condition of our country, I guess i held Fred Smith to a higher standard, and hoped he'd pull a "hat trick" as he has done in the past, to uphold the PSP philosophy that is as much of a foundation of FedEx as the Purple Promise.

I still love FedEx, and will probably take one of the "crumbs" offered to me so i can keep my benefits. My family comes well before my pride, and i'd like to be able to have faith in a company that has so little faith in me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

purplehemorrhage in Memphis, Tennessee

71 months ago

FedEx_Layoff in Memphis, Tennessee said: Maybe i can answer one of the questions posted on this board over the past weekend.

1) We are paid our full salaries until May 31st, 2009 (the last day of FedEx's corporate year, BTW).
2) If we accept one of the jobs that we get to bid on (and i've posted earlier about how meager they are), then our previous salary pay (till May 31st) stops on the very day we accept the new position (and those positions will be offered starting on April 17th - meaning you would lose about 1.5 months of your previous salary pay).
3) If you do not accept any position offered, then beginning May 31st, extended severance begins. It lasts a number of weeks depending on your number of years of continuous service. The pay chart is posted below:

0-3 years = 8 weeks (non-exempt professionals), 12 weeks (exempt Prof), 16 weeks (managers)
5-10 years = 16/20/24
10-15 years = 20/24/28
15-20 years = 24/28/32
20=25 years = 28/32/36
25+ years = 32/36/40

Though i understand the current economic condition of our country, I guess i held Fred Smith to a higher standard, and hoped he'd pull a "hat trick" as he has done in the past, to uphold the PSP philosophy that is as much of a foundation of FedEx as the Purple Promise.

I still love FedEx, and will probably take one of the "crumbs" offered to me so i can keep my benefits. My family comes well before my pride, and i'd like to be able to have faith in a company that has so little faith in me.

FedEx_Layoff are you allowed to speak with the media about this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

purplehemorrhage in Memphis, Tennessee said: FedEx_Layoff are you allowed to speak with the media about this?

And when I say speak, I mean about the whole experience, not severance package............

71 months ago

purplehemorrhage in Memphis, Tennessee said: FedEx_Layoff are you allowed to speak with the media about this?

Identity can be hidden if necessary........

71 months ago

FedEx_Layoff in Memphis, Tennessee said: Maybe i can answer one of the questions posted on this board over the past weekend.

5-10 years = 16/20/24
10-15 years = 20/24/28
15-20 years = 24/28/32
20=25 years = 28/32/36
25+ years = 32/36/40

Not interested in bashing FedEx, just want to get the story and its effects out in the open...............

71 months ago

fedexjobless in Memphis, Tennessee said: I was given the pink slip. Rumors say it was done by a group of consultants hired by FedEx. They did not contact the mangers to help identify the non-producers and staff that was the brain truth. They focused on the older employees and the highly paid. Many E3’s got the axe. I was the lead on a project that saved the company millions. A 2008 IT hall of Fame winner – go figure!! There are plenty of worthless employees wasting space at FedEx and the managers know who they are. FedEx has fired their brain trust. The people with the technical knowledge that helped the company become so successful. This will technically set the company back years. Maybe it was always about getting rid of Domestic employee and now is the time the cut them all. The focus is all on international. Next cuts during the summer.

Are you allowed to speak with the media to tell your story? Identity can be hidden if it is necessary. Not interested in bashing FedEx, just want to get the other side of the story and the effects out in the open.................

71 months ago

purplehemorrhage in Memphis, Tennessee said: Are you allowed to speak with the media to tell your story? Identity can be hidden if it is necessary. Not interested in bashing FedEx, just want to get the other side of the story and the effects out in the open.................

Well, i didn't have to sign anything when i was laid off Friday, so i'm sure i could. But as i posted before, i plan to take another position with FedEx to keep my benefits. And given the recent actions of FedEx, i do fear of a retaliation - as i simply don't trust them right now. If you have any questions, i'll be glad to answer them, anonymously of course.

71 months ago

I would like to add that in contradiction to fedexjobless statement of them targeting the older employees and highly paid, I am neither an older employee (less than 10 years salaried), and not highly paid (on the lower end of of non-exempt scale lvl 21-24 range).

I did also hear the rumors that a 3rd party was hired to "crunch the numbers" to determine who got the axe. That would be typical of FedEx as they have done this in the past to do major re-orgs (and i can testify to that as well). They wouldn't tell me nor any of the surviving employees what method they used to pick their victims (maybe because they plan on doing it again in June/July if things don't get any better).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

I definitely understand. I, too, am an ex-FedEx'r although my circumstances are very different. I was axed last year along with others here in Memphis. This difference is that we all were fired on trumped up charges so they wouldn't have to give us anything, which included a pack of lies trying to even prevent us from drawing unemployment. They lost all of those battles because they were flat out wrong under State Law. Being a top performer just doesn't matter like it used to. I don't have the option of ever having a job with FedEx again. Everything that I worked for in the past 20 years has come to this. It is just depressing. No one is immune to it anymore. Awards and 4.0's just doesn't matter. I am really going to miss it. ------ Back to the question, as I stated the media would not reveal your identity in anyway if that would ease your mind.

71 months ago

As far as criteria, they are mixing it all up for the purpose of avoiding lawsuits regarding discrimination and wrongful termination. They don't want anyone to be able to point the finger at the company. They are picking older, younger, male, female, different races, long term employees and short term employees, veterans, and even disabled to avoid problems.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

purplehemorrhage in Memphis, Tennessee said: As far as criteria, they are mixing it all up for the purpose of avoiding lawsuits regarding discrimination and wrongful termination. They don't want anyone to be able to point the finger at the company. They are picking older, younger, male, female, different races, long term employees and short term employees, veterans, and even disabled to avoid problems.

Yeah, like i said, i'll be glad to answer any questions regarding the situation. But i don't know you, and again i don't trust the company at all right now. So i'd like to keep any information to public forums like this. I love FedEx, but i just don't trust their suits.

71 months ago

FedEx_Layoff in Memphis, Tennessee said: Yeah, like i said, i'll be glad to answer any questions regarding the situation. But i don't know you, and again i don't trust the company at all right now. So i'd like to keep any information to public forums like this. I love FedEx, but i just don't trust their suits.

Like I said, I totally understand. I will put them in touch with this forum so they can voice everyone's experience that wants to be heard. My heart goes out to you, and I wish you all the luck in the world. Keep your head up and try not to take it personal. In my case it is personal because they are trying to scar my reputation in the process. Best of luck to you and yours.

j hoffa in Westland, Michigan

71 months ago

kim bolanos in Las Cruces, New Mexico said: I most certainly did. Intentionally, to boot. Being subjected to personal attacks, even if on the internet, is unpleasant. It isn't necessary at all in a lively debate. Mr. Hoffa most likely experienced the same unpleasant feelings from my criticism of him, that I felt from his of me. I am sorry that he left, because the other side of the story is always good to hear. Perhaps he'll realize playing nice is much more constructive, and he'll stick to the issues, rather than turn to personal attacks.

im a victim kim not a criminal, thanks 4 thinking about me

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida

71 months ago

purplehemorrhage in Memphis, Tennessee said: Like I said, I totally understand. I will put them in touch with this forum so they can voice everyone's experience that wants to be heard. My heart goes out to you, and I wish you all the luck in the world. Keep your head up and try not to take it personal. In my case it is personal because they are trying to scar my reputation in the process. Best of luck to you and yours.

Best of Luck Purple. I hope you find work soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida said: Best of Luck Purple. I hope you find work soon.

Thanks. There's not a lot out there right now, but I don't give up easily.

Sweetwater in Memphis, Tennessee

71 months ago

I don't trust FedEx. If you accept another position in this special bid posting and it doesn't work out for you for whatever reason, you are not later eligible for severance. The severance offer is limited. Either accept what the company offers for the new position or take the severance.

If you accept another position, who's to say the company won't cut the hours or the pay or eliminate the position? You can try to hang on to FedEx Express employment and hope it works out for the best but it's a gamble.

Could you ever trust FedEx management again? Could you ever listen to another long winded VP or Sr VP talk on and on about the mission, the vision, or the dashboard?

After you've been escorted to your desk, to the bathroom, and to your car, with a security guard standing nearby... While there are still numerous people employed at the WHQ and in the field who are on eternal coffee and smoke breaks, doing internet searches during work hours to plan their next beach vacation, or otherwise just looking for ways to do as little as possible for as long as possible.

The deadwood and slackers are still at FedEx. There doesn't seem to be a clear reason on who was picked to be laid off.

May God bless you during this career transition so you can find a better job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Sweetwater in Memphis, Tennessee said: I don't trust FedEx. If you accept another position in this special bid posting and it doesn't work out for you for whatever reason, you are not later eligible for severance. The severance offer is limited. Either accept what the company offers for the new position or take the severance.

If you accept another position, who's to say the company won't cut the hours or the pay or eliminate the position? You can try to hang on to FedEx Express employment and hope it works out for the best but it's a gamble.

Could you ever trust FedEx management again? Could you ever listen to another long winded VP or Sr VP talk on and on about the mission, the vision, or the dashboard?
After you've been escorted to your desk, to the bathroom, and to your car, with a security guard standing nearby... While there are still numerous people employed at the WHQ and in the field who are on eternal coffee and smoke breaks, doing internet searches during work hours to plan their next beach vacation, or otherwise just looking for ways to do as little as possible for as long as possible.
The deadwood and slackers are still at FedEx. There doesn't seem to be a clear reason on who was picked to be laid off.
May God bless you during this career transition so you can find a better job.

Sweetwater - I cant tell if you are still there or were reduced...never the less I hope that you find what you are looking for - the first early buy out/early retirement people also had to sign a waiver saying they could never work for Fedex in any capacity. This was the hardest blow to 1000 employees - Microsoft advised the January reductions by email the night prior and they too were escorted - some people have only worked for Fedex - others think/thought it was the best company they had worked for. There's deadwood @ every company - wishing you well...Redhead 1944

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

1. No Vendors (No Exceptions) in all locations.
2. No H1B Visa holders (No Exceptions). US citizens should be honored first.
3. Early retirement for eligible employees with a good severence pkg.
4. If Wife and Husband works for FedEx, then the weakest should go. In that way, the other single income employees can have Helath Insurance, Bread and Butter.
5. Identify and clean up those people who does buttering and somehow being saved by superiors.
6. Identify people, who are under performing in each and every team instead of targetting one team, which may not be required to run the business in the near future.
7. Move the best talent to other teams.
8. Identify and get rid of people just create tasks in Team Play and surf internet.
9. Directors and VPs can manage their work and no necessary to have secretaries for them. In fact, we don't need some Directors.
10. If VP doesn't have time to show up at his/her location, better not to lead from a REMOTE location and destory teams. After all she/he doesn't understand what IT is?. It's not running the show using Microsoft Project Planner.

Already did the top SEVEN here - plus # NINE. Sure they are working on # EIGHT and # TEN.

Rumors are that security is reviewing ALL the cameras and your individual use of the internet (but I already said that).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Corporate Advisor in Orlando, Florida

71 months ago

Truth About Fedex in Alpharetta, Georgia said: 1. No Vendors (No Exceptions) in all locations.
2. No H1B Visa holders (No Exceptions). US citizens should be honored first.
3. Early retirement for eligible employees with a good severence pkg.
4. If Wife and Husband works for FedEx, then the weakest should go. In that way, the other single income employees can have Helath Insurance, Bread and Butter.
5. Identify and clean up those people who does buttering and somehow being saved by superiors.
6. Identify people, who are under performing in each and every team instead of targetting one team, which may not be required to run the business in the near future.
7. Move the best talent to other teams.
8. Identify and get rid of people just create tasks in Team Play and surf internet.
9. Directors and VPs can manage their work and no necessary to have secretaries for them. In fact, we don't need some Directors.
10. If VP doesn't have time to show up at his/her location, better not to lead from a REMOTE location and destory teams. After all she/he doesn't understand what IT is?. It's not running the show using Microsoft Project Planner.

Already did the top SEVEN here - plus # NINE. Sure they are working on # EIGHT and # TEN.

Rumors are that security is reviewing ALL the cameras and your individual use of the internet (but I already said that).

I am a TRUE conservative and strictly follow SEVEN COMMANDMENTS. So, what i mentioned in the above was not trash. I have a list of people for all those TEN categories. You are in Georgia and have no clues of Orlando, unless you work in Orlando.

smithsally

71 months ago

I realize most of you work at big stations..but those fo us at smaller stations dont need unions..we work without to much complaining..and get the job done..Ilwould like to see anyone go through what our station did in the last two months..and help other stations..we have a job to do and if you dont like it there are other places to be..

71 months ago

j hoffa in Westland, Michigan said: fred smith fire every hourly out there, give all the work to contractors ? air, 2nd day air fred!!!! they cant do anything about it. i will buy your stock, picture it fred air and 2 day the profits fred ,fred contracting is were its at .fred these hourly are week they dont want a union . they believe the the promise fred. to bad its green and puple not orange and purple .fred do it fred ,they are weak they cant do anything about it. give everything to contractors. just be careful not to get your pilots mad cause they are union .but the hourlys are not such???????????????? they dont support unions!!!!! fred read my lips sales lead from hourlys give to contractors big big profits.

Was it just me or did the above make any sense - Mr Hoffa - you indeed need to have something more to do because I dont think Mr Smith needs your advice and/or opinions...I sincerely hope you do not hold a valued position at Fedex - that would be scary...jmho..Redhead1944

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

redhead ill make sence for you. take your hourly pkgs <aka> overnight and 2day and give to your contractors <aka. payed per pkg own there own trucks get hurt , no comp. and get rid of all your hourlys employes imagine your profits from air and 2day pkgs and pay your contractors ground rates to deliver them . redhead does that make sence now?????? hourlys cant do anything about it they are not under a contract like ups . redhead does that make sense . then the stock price will go up its enevitable thats going to happen one truck delivers ground air 2day . purple and orange your time is up your just a piece of meat waiting to get hacked.

71 months ago

No...I find the whole premise disgusting - field personnel and Express have been one of the bedrocks of Fedex since day one - Ground came late to the party and has a long way to go. I have been a courier and respect the job they do every day - you are making a mockery of a great company, it's founder and it's people....I feel very sorry for you. If you are still at Fedex, you should look for another job opportunity where your views are appreciated - try the boys in brown - Fedex is not and never will become a contractor company - believe it or not - it's an airline...Redhead1944

Tammy He in Minnesota

71 months ago

FedexSuxx in Staten Island, New York said: FredaX, give it some time. You'll see that the company is a horror. Trust me on this. The people who are posting negative comments are not doing so for fun. They are simply being very honest. Again, you'll find this out for yourself. Give it a few months and then post back here with your feelings on all of this.

I have been with FedEx over 20 years. I have seen some good people be let go because of too many accidents or attendance but from what I have seen over the years you have to be a major f'up to be fired. Looking over the employee org chart for my previous station, there are still many many people there with over 25 years experience. There has to be a reason for it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy He in Minnesota

71 months ago

RMathews in Saint Louis, Missouri said: The vision Uncle Fred had 30 years ago was great...family atmosphere, entrepreneureal spirit, etc. Today it is a giant corporate conglomerate which does not care about its employees, only the bottom line. Worked there for 10 years and was amazed they made any money considering the INefficiency and wasted hours of managers and employees.
FedEx Express, the core business Fred built his corporation on, will be a thing of the past. He will use his independent contractor FedEx Ground to do all the work. I hope those people unite and become real employees. He would have to take on the burden of health care, vehicles, fuel, etc. which he is NOT doing now having half of his workforce as ICs. Talk about a scam. Those poor saps are told they'll make $100k. Yeah that gross, and when you have to pay for everything, you wind up making $35k and working 16 hours a day.

I wish FedEx Ground could be true FedEx employees, but the reason they aren't is to keep the Union out. The Railway Act that Fred Smith fought Washington to get us attached to would not hold water if FedEx Ground was part of it. There is always a reason for what is being done. We might not understand or agree, but there is always a reason.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy He in Minnesota

71 months ago

Stevem in Southfield, Michigan said: You sound like a big butt kisser.

He sounds like he has Purple Blood!

Tammy He in Minnesota

71 months ago

No we don't need a union..Have you tried the GFT processs? It works!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

FRED SMITH READ MY LIPps FIRE EVERYONE OF YOUR HOURLYS <AKA PURPLE AND ORANGE> give all your air 2day to contractors ,home delivery, fedex ground. amercan freightways . fred imagine the profits from air prices delivered by fedex ground . fred they dont support unions take this opputunity and i will by your stock

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

fred smith dont care about purple and orange. if so he would of never change to a portable pension, no profit sharing takes 4 ever to get to top wage. fred dont care about you.. you guys will be gone and wish u had a union .contractor contractor . see you hourlys later nice knowing ya!!!!! its only a matter of time before you are gone and replaced by contractors ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

GFT process ...

Let's see - sit across from a table - your manager, senior manager and HR person on that side.

If you don't have all your facts, documents and witnesses in order, you will be ROYALLY screwed.

They just now have it, where you can have a co-worker with you (peer). Wonder why? LAWSUIT!

To all those that still have the PURPLE BLOOD, the next round of layoffs will be coming shortly. If you are not a HANDLER, COURIER or DRIVER, watch your back. You are not that important right now!

Does anyone know where the blog is with all the 20+ year employees are really TELLING the TRUTH (the ones LAYED OFF)? They say it is somewhere only where MANAGERS can view it (intranet maybe).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

charlotte franck in Minnesota

71 months ago

Tammy He in Minnesota said: No we don't need a union..Have you tried the GFT processs? It works!

peers there are some people lacking in purple blood

71 months ago

Charlotte - if you take the time to read way back - you will learn a lot more about Mr "Hoffa" and "Truth" - there's still way more purple blood than these two would have you believe + Mr Hoffa needs a course in spelling.

Truth...I doubt that you will find that "mysterious blog" nor have any concrete knowledge that Express couriers, handlers and drivers need to be looking over their shoulder - they just need to work and do their usual good job. And you are back on that GFT thing - I thought you were taking a vacation...

Fedex is an airline which is in much better shape than most and also treats their people much better than most..my blood and that of my husband is still very purple..Redhead1944

charlotte franck in Minnesota

71 months ago

Redhaed1944, thanks for the response. We here in northern Mn still bleed alot of purple blood and chaps our hides to see anyone bash this company. Both the verizon phone and Fargo flood nstatus we have been working 60 hrs. a week (love overtime but it gets old)..I just hope that there are more people that like their jobs and will spread this forum to more...

71 months ago

Charlotte - I am retired by my husband is still w/ Fedex & has a 4 digit employee #....the majority of the people on this thread in the beginning were scared, then sad and most of all realized that Fedex is a very good company which like many others has gone thru a very rough patch in the last 18 mos...I was in many places & had a lot of jobs - all hard but rewarding & lotsa stress - there are a couple of malcontents on here that have "conspiracy" and "be very afraid" msgs - my husband believes if he does his job to the best of his ability daily - he will have a job as long as Mr Smith can afford to employ him - I draw a pension monthly (have for 11 yrs) and have extremely purple blood - keep up the good work & since we know many people + the severance was posted here - those who had to leave got a more than decent pkg..my husband has helped two of his peers find jobs outside the company thru networking & he isnt a "high muckety muck" - just a nice guy. We love Fedex and all that it has done for us and the people we have been blessed to meet - Redhead1944

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kim bolanos in Las Cruces, New Mexico

71 months ago

smithsally said: I realize most of you work at big stations..but those fo us at smaller stations dont need unions..we work without to much complaining..and get the job done..Ilwould like to see anyone go through what our station did in the last two months..and help other stations..we have a job to do and if you dont like it there are other places to be..

Unhappy people tend to get angry when they're told to look elsewhere for worthwhile and fulfilling work, but taking the kid gloves off here, I think it's excellent advice. We spend much of our lives working - why keep working at a job if you hate it? Put that energy towards finding a job that better suits you if you dislike the one you have.

71 months ago

jims2321 in Orlando, Florida said: Kim,

You might want to understand where some of these benefits come from. Most are mandated by law. If Fred and Crew could dump them, they would. Take Services, other than 4 Holiday pays, almost all those benefits you mention are required by law or gone.

Vacation Pay -- mandated by some states
Personal Holiday Pay
Floating Holiday Pay
Sick Day Pay -- mandated by some states and cities
Holiday Payrate -- mandated by federal and state laws
Overtime Payrate -- mandated by federal and state laws
Suspension Pay -- Only certain employees get this
Workers Comp Pay -- mandated by federal and state law
Disability Pay -- mandated by federal and state law
Health Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50
Dental Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50
Vision Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50
Life Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50
Long Term Care Insurance not subsidized
Tuition Reimbursement changed to make it worthless
Pension Plan - no company match, and required because they started it
Jumpseat Privileges -- gone
Reduced Airline Tickets -- honored by only certain airlines
Reduced Purchase Price at many corporations that offer them to FedEx employees -- worthless, often get better deals with sales
People Help -- joke

I think it's extreme to say Fed and Crew would dump them if they could. And the question was, "My last question to FedEx emp...If FedEx were to remain...outside of being laid off...what more could the company take from you?" Many of the benefits listed above are voluntary, not mandated. Try getting those at McDonald's, or in a Chinese sweatshop. As for Fred and Crew reducing or eliminating some of them, people who abused them badly caused much of that reduction.

71 months ago

Vacation Pay -- mandated by some states - not for all workers in all jobs, for example temp workers, domestic workers, etc.

Personal Holiday Pay - I'm happy with mine

Floating Holiday Pay - I'm happy with mine

Sick Day Pay -- mandated by some states and cities - and reduced from what it used to be due to employee abuse

Holiday Payrate -- mandated by federal and state laws - same as Vacation Pay

Overtime Payrate -- mandated by federal and state laws - but many organizations are turning to compensatory time off, rather than actual pay for overtime - my sister wants the OT pay, thank you

Suspension Pay -- Only certain employees get this - I'm glad I did!

Workers Comp Pay -- mandated by federal and state law - enough said

Disability Pay -- mandated by federal and state law - wow, really? So if I crash my motorcycle Sunday going to Walmart, FedEx HAS to pay me disability while I can't work? Really? I knew a FedEx courier who did that, and was paid disability. Unbelievable.

To Be Continued ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Dental Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50 - same as Health Insurance response, and how many people have dental coverage at their job?

Vision Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50 - same as Dental Insurance response

Life Insurance -- currently subsidized 20/80 expect it to go 50/50 - isn't the minimum coverage free?

Long Term Care Insurance not subsidized - why should it be?

Tuition Reimbursement changed to make it worthless - mostly due to abuse by employees - FedEx pays thousands $$ for employees to get an education and they often immediately leave the company. Not a good investment. If my relatives came to visit me in order to mooch off of me, I'd kick em in the butt too. Any money given toward tuition is a savings to the student, not a right.

Pension Plan - no company match, and required because they started it - cry on the shoulder of all the working people in this country that have ZERO pension plans.

Jumpseat Privileges -- gone. Last I heard they were reinstated, but since I don't use it anymore, I could be behind. Expensive for the company, and gosh, I think the pilots aren't happy about the threat of hammer attacks from disgruntled employees. I used it many many times. Greatest flights I've ever had, bar none!

Reduced Airline Tickets -- honored by only certain airlines - so we have to invest some time finding what we want? Big deal.

Reduced Purchase Price at many corporations that offer them to FedEx employees -- worthless, often get better deals with sales - I utilize this very regularly - my budget thanks me.

People Help -- joke - NOT! Helped me several times with life issues.

Free Uniforms -- not applicable - haven't paid for one in 19+ years.

71 months ago

Truth About Fedex in Alpharetta, Georgia said:

The people that are "waving their pom poms" are the same ones WONDERING if and when, they will be next.

Well, Kim did say she has money stashed away - but in the next paragraph she is wondering if her head is on the chopping block next.

I asked that question to see if anyone on here has definitive knowledge of any kind of actual layoff 'policy'. Up until that point, all I saw was rumor.

Trust me honey, if I was truly worried about losing my job, I wouldn't be wasting my time on this forum, complaining. I'd be brushing up my resume and making copies at Kinko's aka FedEx Office. I tend to be proactive, not reactive, when it comes to my finances :)

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.