Fidelity Investments News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Fidelity Investments stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Esther in Winchester, Massachusetts

93 months ago

Yes, the company will survive - the main areas will be Merrimack NH, Fort Worth, TX and the Raleigh Durham area - sub areas will be Jacksonville FLA, maybe Marlboro MA and some minor presence in Boston. Listen to NPR - every once in a while NPS has a Fidelity update - or you can Google the company. It's really cleverly repositioning itself to survivie. Nevertheless, I really doubt that 'the company' takes its human capital seriously. Very transactional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

JJ in Raleigh, North Carolina

92 months ago

A few months ago the state of NC announced Fidelity was bringing a 1000 jobs to the area. Yes many will probably be transfers but my guess is there will be many up for grabs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Esther in Brookfield, Massachusetts

92 months ago

News - Fidelity will be located in Raleigh/Durham, Fort Worth and Jacksonville - other areas will be minimized (Boston) or eliminated (NH). this doesn't seem to be gossip but the result of serious business workforce planing. So there should be some entry level jobs in those spots and some but fewer management ones.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

ex smithfield employee

87 months ago

Esther in Winchester, Massachusetts said: Yes, the company will survive - the main areas will be Merrimack NH, Fort Worth, TX and the Raleigh Durham area - sub areas will be Jacksonville FLA, maybe Marlboro MA and some minor presence in Boston. Listen to NPR - every once in a while NPS has a Fidelity update - or you can Google the company. It's really cleverly repositioning itself to survivie. Nevertheless, I really doubt that 'the company' takes its human capital seriously. Very transactional.

There are currently 2 buildings in Smithfield, RI with a third being built. Both buildings were at capacity at one time, one at 1200 and the other at 1300. They no longer are at full capacity however. There's a third building being built. They mostly house IT folks and call center. IT isn't thriving in RI and they can't get the people they need to run the business effectively. Most of the people at FIIS in Smithfield are burning out and the management team knows they're local and wont't look for other jobs..because there aren't any in RI, so they can afford to pay them less because they will accept less. They're essentially pigeon-holed into remaining there. I can see the possibility that the Smithfield divisions will be moved to Raleigh. There was talk of moving all Information Technology at Fidelity to North Carolina.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

informed in Mendon, Massachusetts

78 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

Bob Reynolds left and is now at Putnam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ben f in Worcester, Massachusetts

77 months ago

Not sure... Right now, it's a re-org mess, oops, I mean heaven, and has been that way for over 9 months... Transformation is the big buzzword of the like the last 3 years, most recently moving into the systems group domains... And the transformation is pretty poor... Lots a great talk by the new senior team, but they can't execute... Lots of seasoned senior mgmt just walking away, and it's now moving down into the rank and file... In the last 2 months, I know of 4 regular associates with more than 5 years experience who have just walked away, fed up with the poor management, 2 to 2.5% annual raises, politics, and the current talk that the company will now be looking to cut the annual bonus program $$. No one knows if they are coming or going... In a way, it's much the same - there is no leadership in Fido, there are no people who make decisions, and the ever repeating quote of "I have to pick my battles" is ever present (btw, for those who don't know, that's managements abdication of responsibility double speak). And watch Bob Reynolds pull out his little black book and start taking business away from Fidelity... When he left, we were told he had the 'baby boom itch', and wanted to pursue other things in life... Looks like he found the itch cream after his non-compete expired... Good for you Bob ! The place hasn't been right since you left...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kevin Lacriox in Marlboro, Massachusetts

76 months ago

Fidelity is looking to work people harder for less money! This company is so easy to take clients from, if any poor sales person cant get $5 million out this company in a year after leaving they need to get out sales. Pay the people that you left behind to bird dog clients. Treat people fairly they will send you qualified leads.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

say no to fidelity in Mendon, Massachusetts

76 months ago

Stay away from FIIS in Smithfield. The technology groups (Sales and Marketing)are required to work 50 hours a week and then do off-hour support. Fidelity is now a genuine, bona-fide sweatshop. The folks in Rhode Island have it rough as there aren't alot of technology companies in which to move to and the management teams exploit that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

kevin Lacriox in Marlboro, Massachusetts

76 months ago

I went to my dentist today, he stated my oral health has improved since I left Fidelity. What was the cause of the poor oral hygine was the stress. Now I just have to lose the Fidelity Fifty. The extra weight since you are chained to the chair through Apsect. Why would anyone put themselves through this kind of hell? I also was fired and it was the most refreshing feeling leaving and knowing I will not be going back to that toilet. There are nicer and more ethical places to work.

This is a post on the Vault Report. This company has no work life balance, as other people have stated. LOOK ELSEWHERE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

p00piepantz in Dallas, Texas

74 months ago

Huge reduction in force imminent at Fidelity.
RUN!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Dealing with Fidelity Inventsments in Pepperell, Massachusetts

36 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

Not saying I work at Fidelity Inventsments or not, but I have been dealing with Fidelity for years.

1. Fidelity Inventsments company is private which has helped them reduce major flaws within. You are better off investing with a credit union or a public investment firms, private firms hide things.

2. Fidelity Inventsments company has bots that searches out for news about "any" bad press or negative statements to get deleted.

3. Fidelity Inventsments a few years ago eliminated their pension plans, took over a year, everyone had two choices, payout (which was next to nothing) or dump into their fund... which then with market fluctuating, many lost everything.

4. Did you know Fidelity Inventsments has over 3,000 workers in India having access to peoples info?

5. Fidelity Inventsments was going to have two huge Data Centers in North Carolina a few years ago but now decided to have one because it was all a lie and they are having internal problems.

6. Fidelity Inventsments over last 10yrs has had major turnovers of high execs leaving, changing things internally that eventually will hurt the company.

7. Fidelity Inventsments is all about "cosmetics show", the outside looks clean/nice, but inside confusion.

8. Fidelity Inventsments had a campus like workforce in Marlboro, Ma which was emptied out as many went to New Hampshire, North Carolina, Rhode Island.

9. Fidelity Inventsments cares more about how their landscaping, commercials, advertising (shows) than workers. This company is a sweat shop which currently hire's low pay to get rid of those already doing well, even at the company.

10. Fidelity Inventsments at some point in future as Mr. Johnson & his daughter leaves will show it's true issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dealing with Fidelity Inventsments in Pepperell, Massachusetts

36 months ago

Oh, forgot to mention, Fidelity Inventsments laysoff people that goes under radar in the news. Ten people here, 50 people there, etc... There will be a large layoff 2012. They can do this because they are a "private firm".... investors read and see what the "private firms" do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

indeeduser in Groton, Massachusetts

36 months ago

Pretty sure its spelled Fidelity INVESTMENTS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rocky in Hollis, New Hampshire

36 months ago

Not saying I work at Fidelity Inventsments or not, but I have been dealing with Fidelity for years.

1. Fidelity Inventsments company is private which has helped them reduce major flaws within. You are better off investing with a credit union or a public investment firms, private firms hide things.

2. Fidelity Inventsments company has bots that searches out for news about "any" bad press or negative statements to get deleted.

3. Fidelity Inventsments a few years ago eliminated their pension plans, took over a year, everyone had two choices, payout (which was next to nothing) or dump into their fund... which then with market fluctuating, many lost everything.

4. Did you know Fidelity Inventsments has over 3,000 workers in India having access to peoples info?

5. Fidelity Inventsments was going to have two huge Data Centers in North Carolina a few years ago but now decided to have one because it was all a lie and they are having internal problems.

6. Fidelity Inventsments over last 10yrs has had major turnovers of high execs leaving, changing things internally that eventually will hurt the company.

7. Fidelity Inventsments is all about "cosmetics show", the outside looks clean/nice, but inside confusion.

8. Fidelity Inventsments had a campus like workforce in Marlboro, Ma which was emptied out as many went to New Hampshire, North Carolina, Rhode Island.

9. Fidelity Inventsments cares more about how their landscaping, commercials, advertising (shows) than workers. This company is a sweat shop which currently hire's low pay to get rid of those already doing well, even at the company.

10. Fidelity Inventsments at some point in future as Mr. Johnson & his daughter leaves will show it's true issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Oh, forgot to mention, Fidelity Investments laysoff people that goes under radar in the news. Ten people here, 50 people there, etc... There will be a large layoff 2012. They can do this because they are a "private firm".... investors read and see what the "private firms" do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Not saying I work at Fidelity Investments or not, but I have been dealing with Fidelity for years.

1. Fidelity Investments company is private which has helped them reduce major flaws within. You are better off investing with a credit union or a public investment firms, private firms hide things.

2. Fidelity Investments company has bots that searches out for news about "any" bad press or negative statements to get deleted.

3. Fidelity Investments a few years ago eliminated their pension plans, took over a year, everyone had two choices, payout (which was next to nothing) or dump into their fund... which then with market fluctuating, many lost everything.

4. Did you know Fidelity Investments has over 3,000 workers in India having access to peoples info?

5. Fidelity Investments was going to have two huge Data Centers in North Carolina a few years ago but now decided to have one because it was all a lie and they are having internal problems.

6. Fidelity Investments over last 10yrs has had major turnovers of high execs leaving, changing things internally that eventually will hurt the company.

7. Fidelity Investments is all about "cosmetics show", the outside looks clean/nice, but inside confusion.

8. Fidelity Investments had a campus like workforce in Marlboro, Ma which was emptied out as many went to New Hampshire, North Carolina, Rhode Island.

9. Fidelity Investments cares more about how their landscaping, commercials, advertising (shows) than workers. This company is a sweat shop which currently hire's low pay to get rid of those already doing well, even at the company.

10. Fidelity Investments at some point in future as Mr. Johnson & his daughter leaves will show it's true issue.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lurker in RI in South Weymouth, Massachusetts

29 months ago

Rocky in Hollis, New Hampshire said: Oh, forgot to mention, Fidelity Investments laysoff people that goes under radar in the news. Ten people here, 50 people there, etc... There will be a large layoff 2012. They can do this because they are a "private firm".... investors read and see what the "private firms" do.

Rocky was right; a large layoff just occurred at Fidelity. Lots of IT folks were let go last week of June. Several of those laid off were Fidelity's so-called "LEAP" workers, recent college graduates that Fido spent thousands on recruiting and training down in N.C.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.