Policies surrounding past transgressions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

joe in Boston, Massachusetts

37 months ago

I have a question for all of you out there. I recently applied for a position at Fidelity and was offered the job on the spot, granted on a temp basis for now. I am now going through the veritude background security check. While i have lived a rather exemplary life, i have a blip on the radar. I was in a car where a substance was found in January of 2004 (just about eight years ago). No convictions, case was ultimately dismissed, but I had no choice but to disclose this information on the application knowing full well that it's much better to be honest than lie (question was "is there any event from your past that may question your integrity?"). Honestly, what are my chances here? The folks from my boss, to future coworkers right down to the HR people have been nothing but impressed with me. Does fidelity have a zero tolerance policy on things of this nature? Government security checks for example have a whole list of reasons why and individual in this exact situation should be allow to posses classified information. I'm am really freaking out here because i'm in love with this job. thanks everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.