Fifth Third Bank Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Fifth Third Bank?

What do you like best about working at Fifth Third Bank? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

BigAnonymous in Casselberry, Florida

86 months ago

Fifth Third Bank is a great place to work; we've had our challenges in the past but I know that our leaders and supervisors value us as employees.

Do expect to work hard, a lot is expected of us but as long as you're not one to find excuses instead of solutions you will be rewarded.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Saint Louis, Missouri

86 months ago

The pay is ok for the industry, but not worth the extremely high sales goals and there is no job security. sales bonuses are essentially unachievebale particurarily in a denovo market.Not one branch has come even close in St. Louis, so do not consider your bonus when deciding to take the job. Think, is this salary worth it? Also expect long hours. Employees joke that 5/3 stands fr three employees doing the job of five and that is probably an understatement. If you do decide to take the job. Good luck and look out for yourself. Nobody there will look out for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

EJ in Mason, Ohio

86 months ago

Not a good choice to work there according to people I know that work there now. Stay away....
Stuffy enviroment with white shirts and ties everywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

cd in Tampa, Florida

86 months ago

EJ in Mason, Ohio said: Not a good choice to work there according to people I know that work there now. Stay away....
Stuffy enviroment with white shirts and ties everywhere.

Shirts and ties everywhere? In a bank? No Way!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Grand Rapids, Michigan

85 months ago

I agree!! Stay away! In some departments, they only pay minimum wage! You can definitely get better at another bank.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LD in Alpharetta, Georgia

85 months ago

SM in Casselbury, FL must be smoking something, or perhaps dating a Fifth Third Exec. Need to open your eyes. This bank is one of the worst our there. The turnover at Fifth Third is proposterous & well over 65% per insiders that work there. The stock is weak and worth nothing...Bonus plans for regular employees is peanuts and rarely rolls out timely.

The leadership cares nothing about the team, just there bonuses and staffing models...$$$$$$$$
If they can cut heads and lay people off to make themselves look good, you can count on it happening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Grand Rapids, Michigan

85 months ago

You said it all LD!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bonuses??? in Columbus, Ohio

84 months ago

Let's be a little more specific here. RM's (Relationship Managers-grade level 7) average $34,000. The minimum quarterly bonus (for reaching 75% of your goal) is about $525.00 + any KDI (customer service) bonus.

SRM's (Senior Relationship Managers-level 8) average $38,000. The minimum quarterly bonus paid for reaching 75% of goal is just under $800 + any KDI (customer service) bonus.

CSR's start at around $9.50 - $10.50/hr.

FCM's (Financial Center Manager-top dog in a Retail banking center) averages $57,000 + various performance-related bonuses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Grand Rapids, Michigan

84 months ago

there are absolutely no bonus plans in the areas i work in. many people jump ship all the time because other banks pay more for the same work. plain and simple.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Offense D in Atlanta, Georgia

76 months ago

I have been called atleast 4 times from a recruiter with Fifth Third bank for a position as a Licensed Personal Banker, or a Personal banker....One of those titles. The location was the Indiana area. Now I worked with Wachovia and we usually made in the high 40ish range and with incentives each year I made about 120k. Could I expect anything like that with Fifth Third bank? Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

michiganmatters in Detroit, Michigan

61 months ago

Anybody know what the "Investment Executive" (IE) position pays? The posting made it look like IE's are responsible for developing personal bankers in a territory (more than 1 branch). It looks like I might be moving through the interview process, but have offers in hand from other banks (BoA, JPM, etc.) and I'm wondering if I need to ask for more time to make my mind up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn Kraft in Clearwater, Florida

59 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Fifth Third Bank?

What do you like best about working at Fifth Third Bank? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Fifth Third recruited me away from another bank with a 30% increase in salary plus bogus "incentives". Crap! Having recently resigned my position in the Tampa Bay area, I am getting my head together from the most hellish two years of 20+ years in banking management. Horrible working conditions-severely-understaffed-over goaled-bullying senior management-unprofessional-questionable sales and customer resolution ethics- nothing is ever good enough! I learned years ago that the personality/ethics of a corporation comes from the top down. Welllllll...the Tampa CEO is an empty suit. The regional managers, especially the "West" Regional Manager are utterly incompetent - The Peter Principle! Stay away from this bank regardless of the salary. Salaries are above average in Florida - but there is not enough money in this universe to ever cause me to say anything nice about 5/3.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

Austin Kauffman in Cadillac, Michigan

13 months ago

After reading some of these, I am so surprised! I also realize that most of these comments are pretty old, so for those newbie's that are researching 5/3 Bank, this is the truth that I have had so far.

I am, what most of the these comments suggest as a lowly CSR. Pay has increased apparently because I make pretty good money for being a teller, about $4 over minimum wage here. They have changed their ways of training, and are very employee growth oriented! I was actually so ready to move away fro training because it was so repetitive, but that's what made it stick. Once you start doing transactions, you practically don't need your trainer with you. I can't speak for anyone other than CSR's, but making extra money is super EASY! 5/3 Corporate calls random customers to participate in a brief survey, and when you get great scores, every CSR reaps the payout for that quarter! Referring customers a product is really all you need to do. "Get the cheeks in the seat," is really all that you as a CSR needs to do. With good Personal Bankers who close the deal, you get your money and your goals, which btw are in no way "to much to handle."

Whenever you go somewhere on behalf of 5/3, like training or whatever, you get reimbursed really well and really fast. It takes under $40 to fill up my car, and it took a little under a full tank for a round trip for training, and I was reimbursed by the mile, so I got almost $90 back for my gas plus was put up in a Marriot hotel and reimbursed up to $25 a day for food purchased while in training.

5/3 is an amazing place to work, I am so thankful to be working here and to know that I can easily grow in the company, or make extra money, without working myself to death. I highly suggest this job for anyone looking for a good, stable job,or to get their foot in the door for banking.

(Oh and they help pay for schooling if it's business/banking oriented)

Good Luck (:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.