How to get a job at Fifth Third Bank.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

Do you work at Fifth Third Bank? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Cassie in Findlay, Ohio

90 months ago

Do they do credit checks for tellers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (73) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Mason, Ohio

90 months ago

My advice is dont work there... Plenty of better environments to work that Fifth Third....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Job Seeker in Cincinnati, Ohio

89 months ago

Agrees 100% with Bill in Loveland. Am seeing the same trend with another job title at Fifth/Third - same posting over and over. I have applied, met ALL the qualifications, and can't even get an interview. Have heard same experience from other people on other job titles. One word about Fifth/Third job openings: BOGUS!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

yinyangxxx8 in Summerfield, North Carolina

65 months ago

Job Seeker in Cincinnati, Ohio said: Agrees 100% with Bill in Loveland. Am seeing the same trend with another job title at Fifth/Third - same posting over and over. I have applied, met ALL the qualifications, and can't even get an interview. Have heard same experience from other people on other job titles. One word about Fifth/Third job openings: BOGUS!

i applied to positions is two different cities and got calls on both the next day to set up phone interviews which were held as scheduled

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

C75 in Cincinnati, Ohio

61 months ago

A couple of the previous comments are not true. The position I was hired for was on the job sites for 9 months before they hired me. I wasn't really looking for a new job, but a couple of people I had previously worked with had recommended me. Once I was hired, I asked the hiring manager why it took so long for them to fill the position. They told me that they were looking for specific experience and the prior candidates did not have it. I've been with a couple of other large financial institutions and I can tell you, Fifth Third's turnover is low for the industry. So, by taking your time and getting the right fit, you avoid the turnover.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Yankinthesouth in Lincolnton, North Carolina

60 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Fifth Third Bank? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

They do not do credit checks for tellers, only personal bankers and above. If you become a teller and want to post out after one year to say a personal banker position, they will pull a credit report...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lynn Kraft in Clearwater, Florida

58 months ago

Yankinthesouth in Lincolnton, North Carolina said: Honestly, I would not recommend working for 5/3. There is a reason that they constantly have job openings listed on every single job search engine. My first month they laid off/fired 4 employees. I worked there for almost a year as a customer service rep (Teller) and it was mayhem everyday that I went to work. No one in management has any idea what they are doing. My co-worker who had almost 30 years experience in banking (for a different bank) had to start to take anti-depressants because she was so stressed out. Your job is constantly threatened, my branch manager fired one of our personal bankers and told myself and my co-workers that she wouldn't have had to fire her if we would have worked harder and got her more referrals. All you are is a number to this company, all they want from you are sales! sales! sales! If you do not get your sales they will fire you. This is for teller, personal bankers, etc. You will be lectured at every single team meeting and night meeting to sell to customer every product the bank offers and not to take no for an answer. Customers were responding to this by closing out their accounts, but management at 5/3 have no sense of reality, don't see 5/3 lasting much longer.

I would run not walk away from Fifth Third Bank. Incredible turn over -
Rated # 2 (behind Bank of America) as one of the worst places to work in the banking industry in the U.S. Management clueless and careless. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Highly unethical sales practices at branch level are over looked. It's all about sales volume - screw the client. Punitive management. Horrible horrible place. Very glad to be gone...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

ms.ashanti in Columbus, Ohio

34 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Fifth Third Bank? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

could u give me some advice on how to apply on line for the job as a teller 2 fifth third

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ms.ashanti in Columbus, Ohio

34 months ago

could u give me some advice??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Lima, Ohio

14 months ago

Girl, I am a customer service manager at this hell hole, and I agree run dont walk from Fifth Third Bank

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.