Know what my families health means everything to me

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Keith in Wilmington, Delaware

88 months ago

We were told time and time again.. That our area was safe. We were the only office in
Wilmington that actually made a profit.
our group spent many long nights upgrading the
system. Working our 4 hour voluteer overtime
each week. And for what.. them to ship our jobs to Omeha, NE.I feel the same way patti
does. Where is H/r when you need them. Oh we where told we would have priority placement
so far all I have seen is TEMPS COMING
YOU ARE BEING TOLD THEY WILL BE THERE UNTIL
SOMETIME IN NOV OR DEC. Why aren't the
people who bleed and sweat for First Data being ask to stay.. What if some of us don't have jobs. Can anyone out there say they know what it feels like to have a family
member waiting on a orgin transplant and not
even know if your even going to have insurance if one comes in. Corporate America
Sends the jobs over seas,or across the country
And jobs that are being offered to experienced people being offered 30k, Isn't that poverty level.. I hope First Data and KKR make lots of money and can sleep at night
because I can't. Get ready Wilmington the
area's just going to be stomp up..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jerilyn in Denver, Colorado

86 months ago

Their application process is horrible. They want a "reason" for every little time span that you were not "employed." Even if it's a week or several days!!!

Seems like a typical bureaucratic organization with no real brains there. They are working on automatic pilot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Wayne, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

I am a recruiter and I am seeking a Shared Services Manager for a position in Voorhees, NJ.

I would be more than happy to help anyone at this level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Marq in Littleton, Colorado

81 months ago

Jerilyn in Denver, Colorado said: Their application process is horrible. They want a "reason" for every little time span that you were not "employed." Even if it's a week or several days!!!

Seems like a typical bureaucratic organization with no real brains there. They are working on automatic pilot.

I applied at First Data once and kept saying (for every gap) SEEKING WORK. I mean what else do they want to know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Terry in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

75 months ago

And why are they advertising jobs in Florida, then when you look at the actual posting it's in some other state far away...is that really the first impression they want to make? Seems like HR is a bit shady.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anne in Littleton, Colorado

75 months ago

I am currently filling in for someone out on leave. I was told by the person leaving and interviewing me AND the HR gal that the position was "permanent." Now I've come to find out thru the grapevine that they had no intentions of making it permanent. When I asked HR about this discrepancy, they just gave a lame excuse and said it "hasn't been determined yet." I said, "You mean it's being RE-determined?"

She just looked and didn't answer me.

Regardless I'm still there and looking again for when the person returns to their job...and yes, I'm being very polite, Displaced :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

FDC Marietta former employee in Aragon, Georgia

66 months ago

Well guess what. Paypoint which was in Wilmington, DE & the Atlanta Computer Operations jobs (from Marietta, GA) are coming back to the Atlanta area. The Call Center in Corpus Christi, TX will also be moving back. FDC is being impacted by customer complaints, Corporate & ISO's. Several corporations in the Top Tiers have made demands on FDC, which impacts FDC's bottom line. FDC in order to please their customers are making decisions to bring the jobs back to Atlanta, but are not hiring back the laid off workers that made the Corporation so successful. If I were FDC, I would hunt for the former workers & offer them all back their jobs. They are the ones that know the system & they are the ones who the customers TRUST to do the job right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.