How to get a job at First Data.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you work at First Data? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Been There, Done That in Ventura, California

88 months ago

My advice is from my personal experience - I have worked at this monster of a payment processor for many years. It is my opinion and experience that they will work you to death as I know many who do not work at FDC anymore due to the amount of stress they inflict on their employees. They are cold and only care about the bottom line even if it is under your cold, lifeless body. So, remember when you are in that interview and they are spinning gold on how wonderful their company is, remember - they will take over your life, work you with as much work of 3 to 4 people in order to make their bonus numbers time and time again. Enjoy! My advice is move on to the next interview opportunity and don't look back. With KKR having just purchased them, it would be wise to seek other opportunities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl in Littleton, Colorado

87 months ago

Been There, Done That in Ventura, California said: My advice is from my personal experience - I have worked at this monster of a payment processor for many years. It is my opinion and experience that they will work you to death as I know many who do not work at FDC anymore due to the amount of stress they inflict on their employees. They are cold and only care about the bottom line even if it is under your cold, lifeless body. So, remember when you are in that interview and they are spinning gold on how wonderful their company is, remember - they will take over your life, work you with as much work of 3 to 4 people in order to make their bonus numbers time and time again. Enjoy! My advice is move on to the next interview opportunity and don't look back. With KKR having just purchased them, it would be wise to seek other opportunities.

Thank you. I interviewed with these clowns and was blatently underwhelmed with their lack of professionalism in an obviously high stress control freak environment. Afterwards, I spoke with the recruiter who sent me there and gave him a piece of my mind about how obviously screwed up that place was and he quickly showed himself to be just as bad and that he was just trying to fill an empty slot for his commission. The same job then go re-advertised every few months for at least another year and 1/2. My quess is that they could not keep anyone tied to that whipping post for more than a couple of months at a time. Thanks for confirming my opinion, just from the interview. I feel vindicated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

James Hopper in Lake Orion, Michigan

87 months ago

Been There, Done That in Ventura, California said: My advice is from my personal experience - I have worked at this monster of a payment processor for many years. It is my opinion and experience that they will work you to death as I know many who do not work at FDC anymore due to the amount of stress they inflict on their employees. They are cold and only care about the bottom line even if it is under your cold, lifeless body. So, remember when you are in that interview and they are spinning gold on how wonderful their company is, remember - they will take over your life, work you with as much work of 3 to 4 people in order to make their bonus numbers time and time again. Enjoy! My advice is move on to the next interview opportunity and don't look back. With KKR having just purchased them, it would be wise to seek other opportunities.

I don't understand, I know someone who seems to love the place. shes making good money and rarely works more than eight hours a day, most of it from home. Are different areas better or worse than others?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Carol in Denver, Colorado

86 months ago

Cheryl in Littleton, Colorado said: Thank you. I interviewed with these clowns and was blatently underwhelmed with their lack of professionalism in an obviously high stress control freak environment. Afterwards, I spoke with the recruiter who sent me there and gave him a piece of my mind about how obviously screwed up that place was and he quickly showed himself to be just as bad and that he was just trying to fill an empty slot for his commission. The same job then go re-advertised every few months for at least another year and 1/2. My quess is that they could not keep anyone tied to that whipping post for more than a couple of months at a time. Thanks for confirming my opinion, just from the interview. I feel vindicated.

I agree. I have applied for a few jobs they have posted and then a week or two later it is posted again. I went to school with an VP and she was so stressed out. I always look at it this way, if they keep posting the same jobs and have numerous jobs open, that is usually a big indicator there are issues at the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

cyberlis in California

82 months ago

Host said: Do you work at First Data? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Do not bother! If you value your sanity, and job security, find a job elsewhere. First Data is one of many huge cut throat corporations who fail to care about its employees. First Data acquired our company, and as soon as they took over, everything went totally downhill from there. They work so hard at cutting costs that it severely impairs productivity, not to mention moral. They do this by imposing limitations on equipment upgrades, office supplies, removing bonuses from everyone below the director level, and by applying extreme control over what employees can and cannot do by requiring executive approval for virtually everything. The executive approval requirement alone holds up whatever chance there is of getting any project completed within its projected due date. To them, hard work is recognized through occasional the free donuts and bagels about once a quarter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LawGuy77 in Denver, Colorado

35 months ago

First Data is a shot hole.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.