What's the company culture at First Mid Illinois Bank & Trust?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at First Mid Illinois Bank & Trust?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at First Mid Illinois Bank & Trust?

Reply - Report abuse

Honesty in Champaign, Illinois

43 months ago

I recently left this company (Mattoon Corporate) because the work environment is very unpleasant. I worked in the loan department and the supervisors are very degrading and uncaring of the staff. Senior management does absolutely nothing to discourage this which is why I had to leave the company. It is hard to advance in this company because there are people there that take great measures to throw you under the bus because they have no skills or real talent to contribute and are jealous when others advance in their position. There is constant gossip and back stabbing amongst staff. The hardest part of the job was having to work in such a harsh environment with terrible people. Would not recommend as a place of employment.

The branches may be better to work at, but unless you want to re-live high school, I do not recommend it unless YOU are the biggest bully. Being someone established generations deep in the immediate community with good ole' boy connections are also essential in maintaining a good standing and long-term employment; no matter how poor your work performance is, that is what it really takes to succeed.

The dress code is business casual or full-on suits depending on position & level of client interaction.

The pay scale and job security is generally intended for a woman that is already wealthy and wants a bit of spending money to blow on whatever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.