What's the company culture at FirstPRO?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at FirstPRO?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at FirstPRO?

Reply - Report abuse

Deborah in Weogufka, Alabama

92 months ago

Please be aware that FirstPro posts phantom jobs. They have a million jobs posted that don't even exist. Don't waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Longwood, Florida

91 months ago

Deborah said: Please be aware that FirstPro posts phantom jobs. They have a million jobs posted that don't even exist. Don't waste your time.
Deborah, I agree with your comments. This specific posting has been out there for almost a year. Either its a phantom posting or one really bad company no one wants to work for. Reply at your own risk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael Weiss in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

Both deborah in weogufka and michael in longwood must be a couple of disgruntled and possibly not-so-talented software engineers.

Everyone knows it is expensive to post jobs thus I can assure you I would not post a "pantom" job. This job in particular, is a great job with a great company...and if you had all of the requisite skills along with a professional attitude you would surely have been submitted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Kissimmee, Florida

90 months ago

Michael Weiss said: Both deborah in weogufka and michael in longwood must be a couple of disgruntled and possibly not-so-talented software engineers.
Everyone knows it is expensive to post jobs thus I can assure you I would not post a "pantom" job. This job in particular, is a great job with a great company...and if you had all of the requisite skills along with a professional attitude you would surely have been submitted.

Mr. Weiss, With all due respect you are missing the point completely. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and provide you with a business 101 lesson. FirstPro is fishing for a quick commission. I believe at one point FirstPro may have had a legitimate position. But that has long since been filled. What they want you to do is send in your resume inquiring about what you think is a good, legitimate opportunity worth exploring. They then inform you that the position is closed. They then try and place you with one of the major accounting firms for a quick placement. Quick point here, if you are truely qualified for a VP of Audit position, you don't need a placement firm to get an interview with a major accounting firm. If you say no, they might throw one other position at you. If you don't take either of those, they will drop you like a bad habit. Disgruntled, hardly. I qualified for that position 10 years ago. I will agree with you on one thing. I am a professional and expect those that I deal with to be professionals as well. FirstPro is a bottom feeding placement firm out for a quick buck. If your career means nothing to you then subit away and I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael Weiss in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

Michael said:
Mr. Weiss, With all due respect you are missing the point completely. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and provide you with a business 101 lesson. FirstPro is fishing for a quick commission. I believe at one point FirstPro may have had a legitimate position. But that has long since been filled. What they want you to do is send in your resume inquiring about what you think is a good, legitimate opportunity worth exploring. They then inform you that the position is closed. They then try and place you with one of the major accounting firms for a quick placement. Quick point here, if you are truely qualified for a VP of Audit position, you don't need a placement firm to get an interview with a major accounting firm. If you say no, they might throw one other position at you. If you don't take either of those, they will drop you like a bad habit. Disgruntled, hardly. I qualified for that position 10 years ago. I will agree with you on one thing. I am a professional and expect those that I deal with to be professionals as well. FirstPro is a bottom feeding placement firm out for a quick buck. If your career means nothing to you then subit away and I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

Michael in Kissimmee, Floria,

Your disparaging allegations couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm sorry you feel that way.

Best of luck to you, nonetheless.

Michael

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Renata in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

The most ironic part of all this is that firstPRO does not have offices in either Alabama or FL. We sold the AL offices earlier this year and have never had offices in FL. firstPRO replies to all QUALIFIED candidates who respond to any postings, therefore if you didn't get a response, it is NOT that the posting is ficticious but that you are NOT QUALIFIED for the posted job. Our recruiters are unable to respond to the hundreds of resumes received on a daily basis, however we hope to work with you should there be a job that is a good fit for your background and good luck in your job search!
We are ranked as #1 in Contingency Executive Recruitment, #4 Retained Executive Search, #9 in Temporary Employment and # 10 Women Owned firms based on audited financials, as ranked in the latest edition (SEPT 9) of The Atlanta Business Chronicle's - Human Resources and Employment as the Industry Focus. We didn't get there by posting fake jobs and hoping for quick commissions, that's for sure!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Kissimmee, Florida

89 months ago

Renata said: The most ironic part of all this is that firstPRO does not have offices in either Alabama or FL. We sold the AL offices earlier this year and have never had offices in FL. firstPRO replies to all QUALIFIED candidates who respond to any postings, therefore if you didn't get a response, it is NOT that the posting is ficticious but that you are NOT QUALIFIED for the posted job. Our recruiters are unable to respond to the hundreds of resumes received on a daily basis, however we hope to work with you should there be a job that is a good fit for your background and good luck in your job search!
We are ranked as #1 in Contingency Executive Recruitment, #4 Retained Executive Search, #9 in Temporary Employment and # 10 Women Owned firms based on audited financials, as ranked in the latest edition (SEPT 9) of The Atlanta Business Chronicle's - Human Resources and Employment as the Industry Focus. We didn't get there by posting fake jobs and hoping for quick commissions, that's for sure!!!

Renata,
This email string was started in the first place due to a blind ad placed by FirstPro. As a former Atlanta, I still read the Atlanta Journal/Constitution, primarily online. This particular ad, VP Audit, has been listed with FirstPro for well over 9 months. The reason I know that is that wording has not changed. I find it extremely hard to believe that one position can stay unfilled for that long. If the position in question isn't fake then why hasn't the wording changed in 9 months? Each company has their own unique needs which is reflected in their job ads. The chances of two positions having the exact same requirements, worded exactly the same way, is extremely unlikely. Ms. Renata I find your initial comments to be extremely interesting. I imply from your response that since I no longer live in Atlanta or Ms. Deborah from Alabama that we can't consider a job in Atlanta. Let me introduce you to a worderful concept, relocation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Bama

89 months ago

I am the type of person who saves everything for reference, especially from recruiting agencies so I know who the creeps are. I don't have any files on FirstPro which tells me that I haven't dealt with them but I do have a file on Onsite, the now defunct agency that was merged with Aerotek.

The job that is currently running sounds like the company CTDI in Bessemer, AL. They are Communications Test Design, Inc. and I can tell you something about them. They repair power supplies for the telecom industry and when I worked there as a contractor in April 03 I worked on the Power One project.

I, along with some other really good technicians were hired as temp to perm and our job was to startup that repair division to use automated test equipment, troubleshoot and repair the power supplies and put them through their torture test.

The scum bags at CTDI played a game with us. After we cleaned out the backlog and brought that division up to speed they began firing the original technicians and Onsite replaced them with lower paid techs. I believe I was one of the last to be let go. I believe I was making $16/hr and was finally replaced by someone making $11/hr.

I say that because I asked the other replacement techs how much they were making and they told me and I knew how much the original techs made.

I would be careful if you are thinking about applying for work with CTDI as they will probably do the same thing to you. Oh, and I am sure of the date because I always make a scan of my security badge, just for the record.

Rich in Lithia Springs, Georgia

88 months ago

The lesson for you here, Michael and Renata, is to recognize your marketplace perception . . . and start doing the things needed to reverse it. Arguing with a candidate that perceives he/she was treated unfairly, or insulting them with the statement that they were "NOT QUALIFIED" (in All Caps), is not the action your management team likely wants you taking.

Also remember that everything that you put out on the web is traceable - I imagine that there aren't too many people named Renata working for FirstPro who reply to candidate marketplace perception with statements that are offensive and berating . . . thereby serving to perpetuate further negativity associated with your firm.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James in Atlanta, Georgia

88 months ago

First of all, I do not think that firstpro
has any good reputation in Atlanta. All you
have to do to verify this, is the amount of
listings they put on online with the Atlanta
Journal and Constitution. I have observed
firstpro for more than three years in terms
of Auditing and Accounting positions - they
all require the prospective candidate to
have 3.0 GPA, and then the list begin with
CPA, MBA etc. I need to let you people know
that listing jobs/positions with ajc comes
with discount, the more positions listed the
more the discount. That to my knowledge, is
why firstpro has been able to do what it is doing. I am not saying that firstpro do not
place people into some jobs, they do place people into jobs such forklift operators, Cleaning people, and such menial positions. But do not waste your time going to firstpro for any other job beyond those cleaning jobs. It will be just a waste of time and energy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Renata in Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

firstPRO holds the following rankings for Professional Services: #1 in Contingency Executive Recruitment, #4 Retained Executive Search, #9 in Temporary Employment and # 10 Women Owned firms based on audited financials, as ranked in the latest edition (SEPT 9) of The Atlanta Business Chronicle's - Human Resources and Employment as the Industry Focus. We have hundreds of openings at any point in time and marketing those openings on resrouces such as the AJC aids with recruiting efforts. Professional Services consists of Finance/Accounting, Information Technology, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Life Sciences and Management Consulting. Please feel free to visit our website for a full listing of all traditional and professional staffing services. We hope to have the opportunity to assist you with any future job searches and be able to change your opinion of our firm.

Alex/Atlanta,GA

88 months ago

I agree with everyones comment on firstPro posting the same listings over and over and never changing. I've been in the job market for about 3 months now and have even applied for this current position several times over the past few months and haven't heard anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Susan in Cumming, Georgia

87 months ago

I have used FirstPro for many hires at two different firms. They have a reputation for excellent candidates and I will use them again. They currently have a large list of open positions with several major firms in Atlanta and are on the preferred recruiters lists at some of the top Atlanta headquarters companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.