What's the company culture at Fiserv?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Fiserv?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Fiserv?

Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Stone Mountain, Georgia

92 months ago

It is great if you are not a minority. Will hire only anglos for the higher paying jobs. No promoting from within for minorities. Company culture is friends hire friends. If you do not like what they do you can go elsewhere they will tell you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

Wrong side of 40 in Broomfield, Colorado

92 months ago

Thank you Anonymous.

I was interviewed by a Corporate Recruiter for a Senior Position - VP. I was told I had not worked in a position with that designation - in spite of having worked in a similar position with over 125 direct / indirect reports located in Sweden, UK, US, India and Australia.

When I asked what working in a position with a designation of VP meant, I was told I should have at least 40 reports. When I pointed out that I had worked in a different designation with more than 3 times that many reports, I got a reponse "but you still did not work in a position with that designation!"

I heard later that an internally referred candidate was chosen for the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Los Angeles, California

91 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Fiserv?
Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

The Fiserv in Chatsworth, CA is a low-wage sweatshop.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CB Denver Colorado in Denver, Colorado

90 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Fiserv?

I have had 25 years in back office operations. I'm educated and a minority. My experience with FISERV was one of
the worst. I went in for an interview and was tested.

I was then informed by HR- that my answers were to ' perfect'
(personality test) and they had no place for me. The test evolved around being a thief at work " would I take
extra paper, supplies, etc..

I'm sure I will be an asset to some one else. On the other hand I now ask my self why I make this comment on -line? Because I have had many sucesses in my life and I have a good
foundation of moral values. It is companies like this
that are unaware of how they are being represented.

Maybe FISERV executives should take a more pro-active
review of their current employee tactics and misrepresentation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

gina in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

Being female is a minority ...Fiserv has a narrow narrow business method and I hate to pop the above balloons, racially based, but anyone and everyone not within the clique there and not conforming to that clique- in Boulder- is doomed and they will say" Don't like it go"; in that caucasian is no longer the majority race component in the whole of the us and given that in many areas anglos are not the majority population and given that in many areas whites flock together in large amounts, FISERV is not bias or discriminating on a racial basis- you have to match the Boulder office staff or you won't get hired, Boulder is predominately a white flock zone as is Santa Barbara,and Malibu CA and Horsham PA-
as to the "VP" and 40 reports well you just needed one and a verifiable business card stating VP;

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Pamela in Durham in Durham, North Carolina

89 months ago

All of the above is the same in Morrisville, NC at FISERV aka Reged. Minority women are not welcome!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

so-so in Jonesboro, Georgia

85 months ago

WOW this is very interesting, as I work for a company that will soon be acquired by Fiserv. I'm female and a minority. Are there any Sr or Team Lead positions for which any minorities/females work? I'd like to know how they've obtained that position and what 'red tape' if any they had to go though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

John White in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

Working for Fiserv Summit a branch of Fiserv, located in Titusville, FL. They do not promote minorities and managers and supervisors like Don Sipple and Russell Fiddler do not like latinos or blacks so don't think about working for this company. They are racist toward minorities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

John White in Atlanta, Georgia

83 months ago

There is no latino or black holding a major office position. They only promote whites and people within their own circle or people who are brown noses like Russell Fiddler.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

K G in Titusville, Florida

77 months ago

I don't know what happened with your experience, but I have a completely different feeling towards life at Fiserv. Everyone here is wonderful and there are no racial issues here at all. Everyone fits in equally and there are many minorities hired here as well. Sorry for your experience, but maybe you just took something the wrong way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.