What's the company culture at Fisher Investments?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Fisher Investments?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Fisher Investments?

Reply - Report abuse

Ryan Griffith in Seattle, Washington

77 months ago

Do you enjoy the work environment? What is the turn-over ratio for Account Executives? Any info on your experience with Fisher Investments in Portland, OR would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AZ Job Seeker in Phoenix, Arizona

74 months ago

Would love to hear from someone who has worked as an Account Exec at Fisher. How strong is the benefits package? Starting salary? Can relocation expenses be negotiated in? What is the annual bonus based on, and how difficult is it to achieve?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

namenamenamename in SoCal, California

73 months ago

AZ Job Seeker in Phoenix, Arizona said: Would love to hear from someone who has worked as an Account Exec at Fisher. How strong is the benefits package? Starting salary? Can relocation expenses be negotiated in? What is the annual bonus based on, and how difficult is it to achieve?

i have the exact smae questions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ccs1702 in Moon Twp, Pennsylvania

72 months ago

I worked there for a little over a year as an AE. The benefits are very good...health, dental, etc. The 401k plan is matched at 50%, if I remember correctly, and vests after 3 years, which is about as good as it gets.

You will start with a base of 30k, commision is based upon the amount of assets you bring in, and bonuses depend on the number of clients you bring in and in what time frame.

For the commision, you receive 10% of the first year's fees that are assessed to each client you help acquire. These fees are based up the amount of assets under management. A million-dollar account is billed at 1.25% or $12,500 at the time the client signs on. You, in turn, receive 10% of this, or $1,250.

The bonuses, or "ramp-rates", depend on the amount of clients you help aquire throughout your first year. I don't remember the numbers exactly, but I believe that if you acquire 4 new clients within the first 2 months you receive $2500; 15 clients within the first 6 and you receive $5000; and 35 in the first year and you receive $7500. And yes, you can receive all the ramp-rates and, therefore, earn and extra 15k in bonuses.

If you clear all these ramp rates expect to earn 90-110k.

These are attainable, though certainly not easy, and the economy will play a large part in how many people feel comfortable moving that much money. I would say 1 in 20 AE's manages to do it.

As for the job itself, that's another story. Don't let your interviewers sell you on it. Make sure you have plenty of questions about what exactly it is that you'll be doing and what kind of training you will receive. You will NOT be learning a whole lot about finance like they will let you believe, and though they will make it a big point to tell you you won't be cold-calling, the leads for the most part are very far from warm.

Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

AZ Job Seeker in Phoenix, Arizona

72 months ago

Great information. Thank you so much for your reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.