How to get a job at Florida Hospital.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

Viviana in Davenport, Florida

28 months ago

So, to be considering for a position at a Florida Hospital, you have to know somebody from inside. It is unfair for some many applicants, like my case ( more than 7 years as a customer retail service) to even have a chance for an interview and it is also sad that it works that way, it should be more unbiased, recruiters will never give a chance to a simple person that work hard. No wonder I applied more than 6 times ( Pt/Ft area cleaner position- server/attendant) and they always rejected me. They should specify that they hired by recommendation only. It is also the law to give opportunities to any qualify individual . However, it is their bussiness and the way Human Resources apparently works. Sad, definitely sad

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Manda1129

25 months ago

I have applied 37 times! I am a certified medical assistant and have some medical office experience and I have been rejected 37 times. I believe it's who you know as well and if you don't know anyone there your not looked at.

Reply - Report abuse

vi in Apopka, Florida

24 months ago

I have a job I applied to back in September, and status has been "application being reviewed" since October. Is there anyone that can look into this?

Reply - Report abuse

painindiaz in Austin, Texas

22 months ago

vi in Apopka, Florida said: I have a job I applied to back in September, and status has been "application being reviewed" since October. Is there anyone that can look into this?

I applied, did the HR interview and interview with the manager of the department - nearly a month ago. Online app still says application being reviewed. A yes or no would be the respectful thing, wouldn't it?

Reply - Report abuse

painindiaz in Austin, Texas

22 months ago

Vi, same here. I did the HR interview. Did the interview with department manager. Online it still has it as submission under review. A yes or no would be the considerate thing to do instead of leaving them in limbo.

Reply - Report abuse

Ablessyn in Orlando, Florida

22 months ago

Molly-FLHospital in Orlando, Florida said: DLCLINK1, Florida Hospital does receive a high volume of applications on a daily basis, however, we strongly encourage candidates to continue to apply to positions they are interested in and qualified for. I would be happy to look into your application status and provide any feedback, you can email me directly at FHRecruitment@flhosp.org. Thanks!

I tried emailing the FHRecruitment regarding the status of my applications, immediately following me emailing them I received a reply for all my most recent applications stating no longer available or they went with other candidates

Reply - Report abuse

Milly in Tarawa Terrace, North Carolina

22 months ago

I applied a couple of weeks ago. and my application status says "Application Evaluation in progress". i have called multiple times asking the status on my application. and i am always told check the website.

Reply - Report abuse

Nathalie in Kissimmee, Florida

20 months ago

I work at Florida Hospital, and just to clarify HR doesn't just hire people who know people inside.
Before I got hired I had applied about 25 times. I applied for so many different things. I DIDN'T KNOW ANYONE INSIDE THE HOSPITAL!!!
So I finally got hired as a Patient Area Cleaner - Part-Time, basically a housekeeper.
And Now I'm transferring to the Emergency Department as a Tech.
Florida Hospital receives 500,000 applications every year and they only hire 1% of applicants, meaning they only hire 5,000 people a year.
So just keep trying.

Reply - Report abuse

socaanimal in Orlando, Florida

19 months ago

Viviana in Davenport, Florida said: So, to be considering for a position at a Florida Hospital , you have to know somebody from inside. It is unfair for some many applicants, like my case ( more than 7 years as a customer retail service) to even have a chance for an interview and it is also sad that it works that way, it should be more unbiased, recruiters will never give a chance to a simple person that work hard. No wonder I applied more than 6 times ( Pt/Ft area cleaner position- server/attendant) and they always rejected me. They should specify that they hired by recommendation only. It is also the law to give opportunities to any qualify individual . However, it is their bussiness and the way Human Resources apparently works. Sad, definitely sad

I agree that it seems as though you have to know someone inside. I;ve applied numerous times with no luck. I do have experience and the education to back it up, but still no luck. I will keep trying though. If anyone has any insight, please feel free to reply.

Reply - Report abuse

Alexis in Orlando, Florida

15 months ago

328 job submissions with NO luck! 4 years applying with NO luck. As much as I REALLY wanted a career and a foot through the door, I honestly feel like they do hire within or by who you know which is NOT fair. Sad thing to have to say but that what it is starting to look like. I've applied for pretty much everything I qualify for or may be over qualified for but still I get thrown out the window. Not even a phone interview or assessment to take to show and tell my skills and performance. I even get rejected as a part time server or patient area cleaner willing to work per diem :( Like what am I doing wrong? There is never anyone to talk to directly either. The career I wanted with Florida Hospital is now fading :(

Reply - Report abuse

StephanieJC in Maryville, Missouri

12 months ago

Ok, let me clarify some things for those of you scolding The Florida Hospital for poor employment process. I worked at a job center so believe me, I know what I am talking about. For those of you making complaints that they only higher within, you are wrong. Every corporation uses a computer generated application system that matches what you put on your resume to the exact job description and details they program into the system. The computer scans all of the applications and throws out the ones that don't exactly match up, they never even reach the HR. That is why you have to do a follow up call to make sure your name gets through the system. In fact, I spoke with an Human Resource woman last week who says the process can take 2 weeks to a month for the HR at the specific hospital to even see your application because the individual Florida hospitals don't handle the applications. The corporate company that owns the Hospital chain looks through the applications first. My suggestion to all of you is take some resume classes about online applications because technology has advanced to satisfy instant gratification and your resume could possibly not be being viewed because of your format of your resume. Some systems can't process lines, bullets and images on a resume.

Reply - Report abuse

Vi in Apopka, Florida

12 months ago

StephanieJC in Maryville, Missouri said: Ok, let me clarify some things for those of you scolding The Florida Hospital for poor employment process. I worked at a job center so believe me, I know what I am talking about. For those of you making complaints that they only higher within, you are wrong. Every corporation uses a computer generated application system that matches what you put on your resume to the exact job description and details they program into the system. The computer scans all of the applications and throws out the ones that don't exactly match up, they never even reach the HR . That is why you have to do a follow up call to make sure your name gets through the system. In fact, I spoke with an Human Resource woman last week who says the process can take 2 weeks to a month for the HR at the specific hospital to even see your application because the individual Florida hospitals don't handle the applications. The corporate company that owns the Hospital chain looks through the applications first. My suggestion to all of you is take some resume classes about online applications because technology has advanced to satisfy instant gratification and your resume could possibly not be being viewed because of your format of your resume. Some systems can't process lines, bullets and images on a resume.

A lot of us are educated people that know how to customize a resume and application for any job and also ATS. You can drop the condescending tone. Personally, I print out the job description, customize my resume to match their wording as much as possible, as well as the online application. It hasn't done me any good. If you don't have a reference that already works there, I would say don't even bother. The other hospital systems will at least send you a link to complete an online assessment.

Reply - Report abuse

Questions in Orlando, Florida

11 months ago

painindiaz in Austin, Texas said: Vi, same here. I did the HR interview. Did the interview with department manager. Online it still has it as submission under review. A yes or no would be the considerate thing to do instead of leaving them in limbo.

Hi!
What was the interview process? I am going in for one and only heard there were tests? I am just going in for a receptionist poaition.

Thanks!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Nakita Hub in Apopka, Florida

10 months ago

StephanieJC in Maryville, Missouri said: Ok, let me clarify some things for those of you scolding The Florida Hospital for poor employment process. I worked at a job center so believe me, I know what I am talking about. For those of you making complaints that they only higher within, you are wrong. Every corporation uses a computer generated application system that matches what you put on your resume to the exact job description and details they program into the system. The computer scans all of the applications and throws out the ones that don't exactly match up, they never even reach the HR . That is why you have to do a follow up call to make sure your name gets through the system. In fact, I spoke with an Human Resource woman last week who says the process can take 2 weeks to a month for the HR at the specific hospital to even see your application because the individual Florida hospitals don't handle the applications. The corporate company that owns the Hospital chain looks through the applications first. My suggestion to all of you is take some resume classes about online applications because technology has advanced to satisfy instant gratification and your resume could possibly not be being viewed because of your format of your resume. Some systems can't process lines, bullets and images on a resume.

Not reallly sure I agree, a few of my friends were selected for interviews and 2 recieved offers due to one of their mothers being an employee. They had experience in retail and gas stations sooo.....

Reply - Report abuse

Nanay in Winter Park, Florida

10 months ago

I know of someone with a questionable past (shoplifting and fraud charges) who was hired at Florida Hospital because she had an inside referral. Seems they look the other way on an arrest record when you know someone. Makes me wonder if they run a background check when you have that inside referral?

Reply - Report abuse

Pikester79 in Florida

9 months ago

I think it also has to do with the position you are applying for. We know that the common positions- ones that require HS/GED or quick certifications- clarifying quick certification is anything under a 2 year AAS program- are applied for by many- I mean who doesn't want to go to school 6+ years and still get the same job benfits (not pay) as someone who did so their time. For me - I have 6 years (Masters degree) plus I'm in my second master degree program currently for Healthcare administration- and I am doing quiet well in this process. They asked for 4 solid background reference checks this morning and also an electronically background check as well.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Pikester79 in Altamonte Springs, Florida

8 months ago

So a follow up- I have my final interview this coming Tuesday- will post how it goes after then-

Reply - Report abuse

Bey in Kissimmee, Florida

7 months ago

Nathalie in Kissimmee, Florida said: I work at Florida Hospital , and just to clarify HR doesn't just hire people who know people inside.
Before I got hired I had applied about 25 times. I applied for so many different things. I DIDN'T KNOW ANYONE INSIDE THE HOSPITAL!!!
So I finally got hired as a Patient Area Cleaner - Part-Time, basically a housekeeper .
And Now I'm transferring to the Emergency Department as a Tech.
Florida Hospital receives 500,000 applications every year and they only hire 1% of applicants, meaning they only hire 5,000 people a year.
So just keep trying.

Hi Natalie, how was the process for being hires? I know you interview with the department manager, the recruiter calls you and then wait for the screener to call you. What does the screener look for while reviewing your application and does he talk about when he calls you> Just curious as I akm waiting for that screener call lol. Thanks!!!

Reply - Report abuse

Becky in Orlando, Florida

6 months ago

Manda1129 said: I have applied 37 times! I am a certified medical assistant and have some medical office experience and I have been rejected 37 times. I believe it's who you know as well and if you don't know anyone there your not looked at.

You need to call HR after you interview

Reply - Report abuse

Ems in Orlando, Florida

6 months ago

What is the differ in Application evaluation in progress mean? What does application under initial review mean? How do they both differ?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ems in Orlando, Florida

6 months ago

Sorry I meant what does "Application evaluation in progress mean"? What does "Application under initial review" mean? How do they differ

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Briboi in Tampa, Florida

4 months ago

I just had my interview and online it now says:

//Job Status: Active (Accepting Job Submissions)
Submission Status: Completed –
Updated: Jul 17, 2017//

It says they are still accepting applications but it isnt listed as an job that can be applied for.

Then. After my interview today on 7/17/2017 this iays: Submission Status : Complete
Am I still in the runninng??
Thanks alot yall!

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.