How to get a job at Florida Hospital.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (37)

Host

Do you work at Florida Hospital? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Mildred Almodovar in Winter Park, Florida

91 months ago

I am a sucurity with 4 year experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

I am a sucurity with 4 year experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in Cincinnati, Ohio

88 months ago

If you are a Registered Nurse with 1+ year experience in ICU, PCU, and ED--look to join the event www.discoverfloridahospital.com. All accommodations including lodging, food, and transportation will be provided! It's not limited within the state of Florida so check this event out today!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Molly-FLHospital in Orlando, Florida

64 months ago

Please visit Florida Hospital's careers website, www.floridahospitalcareers.com to search for job openings. You will be able to upload your resume, and apply for positions that you are interested in and qualified for.

vi in Winter Park, Florida

31 months ago

Molly-FLHospital in Orlando, Florida said: Please visit Florida Hospital 's careers website, www.floridahospitalcareers.com to search for job openings. You will be able to upload your resume, and apply for positions that you are interested in and qualified for.

I applied for a job over a month ago and haven't heard anything back either way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

31 months ago

Hello, I apologize for any miscommunication. Please feel free to email your name and resume to FHRecruitment@flhosp.org and we can review your profile and make recommendations for career opportunities at Florida Hospital. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

DLCLINK1 in Sanford, Florida

19 months ago

Too bad that obvious method doesn't work. I have at least 40 positions dating back from 2010 listed on my jobpage for Florida Hospital's career website. I have the skill set and the experience for many of the positions but have yet to recieve a call back let alone an interview.
It must be nice to know the "right people" in HR - regular people don't have a chance getting into the club.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

DLCLINK1 in Sanford, Florida said: Too bad that obvious method doesn't work. I have at least 40 positions dating back from 2010 listed on my jobpage for Florida Hospital's career website. I have the skill set and the experience for many of the positions but have yet to recieve a call back let alone an interview.
It must be nice to know the "right people" in HR - regular people don't have a chance getting into the club.

DLCLINK1, Florida Hospital does receive a high volume of applications on a daily basis, however, we strongly encourage candidates to continue to apply to positions they are interested in and qualified for. I would be happy to look into your application status and provide any feedback, you can email me directly at FHRecruitment@flhosp.org. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jidasetima in Tallahassee, Florida

18 months ago

Molly-FLHospital in Orlando, Florida said: DLCLINK1, Florida Hospital does receive a high volume of applications on a daily basis, however, we strongly encourage candidates to continue to apply to positions they are interested in and qualified for. I would be happy to look into your application status and provide any feedback, you can email me directly at FHRecruitment@flhosp.org. Thanks!

Molly, I am in the same position as DLCLINK1. I have applied to numerous positions with no luck. Would it be possible for me to directly email you as well for more information on my application status?

18 months ago

Jidasetima in Tallahassee, Florida said: Molly, I am in the same position as DLCLINK1. I have applied to numerous positions with no luck. Would it be possible for me to directly email you as well for more information on my application status?

Jidassetima, yes, you are welcome to email the Florida Hospital Recruitment Team at FHRecruitment@flhosp.org and we will be able to look into your applications.
Thanks!

Christy in Orlando, Florida

17 months ago

I graduated from the University of Nebraska Medical Center on the 4th of May with my BSN. I was in the Air Force before and went back to school in 2010 to make a career change to nursing because it was always my dream. I am now living in Orlando, FL where my husband and I hope to settle. I applied to Florida Hospital on the 5th of May and have not been contacted for an interview. I realize I am new to nursing, but I did very well in the AF & I graduated from UNMC in top 15% of my class. I am very disappointed that I have not been contacted for an interview. Can anyone suggest possible steps/strategies that I may have not considered? I would truly appreciate any assistance.
Thanks!

17 months ago

Hi Christy, Thank you for your comment and your interest in Florida Hospital! Please note we recieve hundreds of applications for the GN program. I encourage you to continue to check your voicemail as well as e-mail, as you will recieve a communication from our recruitment team soon. Also you can always check your application status online at www.floridahospitalcareers.com
Thanks!

Christy in Orlando, Florida

17 months ago

Great & thanks for your reply! Hope to hear from someone soon!
Christy

Ndidi nwosu in Saint Louis, Missouri

13 months ago

I am also trying to get hired there. I will be relocating to florida and I have applied to over 30 positions with no call back. I'm wondering if me living out of the state is being counted against me

13 months ago

Hi Ndidi nwosu, Thank you for your interest in Florida Hospital Careers. I want to encourage you that tut of state residency is not a qualification that is counted againist anyone. Florida Hospital does receive a high volume of applications on a daily basis, however, we strongly encourage candidates to continue to apply to positions they are qualified and interested in . I would be happy to look into your application status and provide any feedback, Please email me directly at FHRecruitment@flhosp.org. ~ Keisha M.

Ndidi Nwosu in St.louis, Missouri

12 months ago

Molly-FLHospital in Orlando, Florida said: Hi Ndidi nwosu, Thank you for your interest in Florida Hospital Careers. I want to encourage you that tut of state residency is not a qualification that is counted againist anyone. Florida Hospital does receive a high volume of applications on a daily basis, however, we strongly encourage candidates to continue to apply to positions they are qualified and interested in . I would be happy to look into your application status and provide any feedback, Please email me directly at FHRecruitment@flhosp.org. ~ Keisha M.

I sent my résumé directly, I'm not sure if you received it because I haven't gotten a response as of yet

vi in Winter Park, Florida

9 months ago

I was just wondering what the hiring and interview process is like? I have applied for a credentialing position and my application is currently "being reviewed". If I were to be interviewed, would there be a phone interview first? How many "in person" interviews are conducted?

9 months ago

Hi Vi,

Thank you for your recent application to Florida Hospital Health System. Each application submitted is being personally reviewed by the recruiter covering the specific area that you applied and they will be in contact with you regarding the status of your application.

Once the recruiter reviews all qualified candidates, a selection is made to move forward with those who are the closest fit to the position requirements. I hope this information help! Best wishes to you in your career search at Florida Hospital!

~ Keisha M.

vi in Mount Dora, Florida

9 months ago

Molly-FLHospital in Orlando, Florida said: Hi Vi,

Thank you for your recent application to Florida Hospital Health System. Each application submitted is being personally reviewed by the recruiter covering the specific area that you applied and they will be in contact with you regarding the status of your application.

Once the recruiter reviews all qualified candidates, a selection is made to move forward with those who are the closest fit to the position requirements. I hope this information help! Best wishes to you in your career search at Florida Hospital!

~ Keisha M.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I was wondering how many interviews are conducted?

Erincc56 in Kissimmee, Florida

9 months ago

I have applied over 30 applications in the last month and have yet to hear from one! I am a CNA/PCT/MHT with over 3 years experience in the hospital setting as well as a lab assistant. Just moved to the area and finding a job in healthcare has been a neck turner. How do I get into Florida Hospital?! Heard it is a phenomenal workplace and would love to continue my growing career in there! Especially as I venture becoming a PA!

Any advice? All my CPR (american heart association) and FL CNA license is up to date!

9 months ago

Hi Erin,

Thank you for your comment and interest in working at Florida Hospital. Please feel free to email your name and resume to FHRecruitment@flhosp.org and we can review your profile and make recommendations for career opportunities at Florida Hospital.

Thanks again and best wishes to you and your career search.

~ Keisha M.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

Does anyone have any advice as to how to go about applying to fl hospital. It seems to be very difficult I have applied to so many positions but have gotten turned down for every single one. I have heard great things about the company but it seems not complicated to get an interview. I've already had someone from hr say they'd look at my file but i need to more so know what im possibly doing wrong. The hr person told me what positions are still open that I applied to and explained the hiring process. Im more so questioning what they're looking for in thr lab asst, research positions and receptionist. Positive feedback please

6 months ago

Hi Ndidi,

Thank you for your comment and interest in working at Florida Hospital!

Please be advised that some areas such as Lab Asst receive a high volume of applications and all of the applications are considered by the department in need. Once the recruiter reviews all qualified candidates, a selection is made to move forward with those who are the closest fit to the position requirements as well as his/her qualifications.

Please feel free to email your name and resume to FHRecruitment@flhosp.org and we can review your profile and make recommendations for career opportunities at Florida Hospital. Thank you! ~ Keisha M.

Melissa421 in Kissimmee, Florida

3 months ago

I have been job hunting for over 4 months now and I really want to work in a Hospital because of my past experience. Even though I am not licensed in any specific area, I figured getting an entry level job would be the way to go. So I was called to take an exam which I passed and then I was asked to take a survey. From there I was contacted for an interview, which lasted 2 hours and I was even taken on a tour. I was willing to take this job without any benefits because it was per diem, but unfortunately I did not get the job. I understand that they receive many applicants and they probably found a better fit for the position. I don't know what I did that I didn't get the position, maybe they felt I would qualify for a better position but I am adamant in working with FH because this is where I plan on being for the rest of my life. Honestly I would do it all over again if I have to and I apply everyday, keeping my fingers crossed that they will consider me again. Just don't give up and keep trying eventually they should see your willingness to work and hopefully you will get a job. Good luck.

StanHughes544 in Lady Lake, Florida

2 months ago

I sent in a resume for a Groundskeeper Position at the Florida Hospital Altamonte facility and i would like to know who i can get in touch with to further my possibility of getting this position.

Thank you,
Robert S Hughes

2 months ago

Hi Melissa421,

Thank you for your comment and detailed account on your experience with Florida Hospital. I would like to assist you and would like to take a look into your application.

Please feel free to email your name and resume to FHRecruitment@flhosp.org and we can review your profile and make recommendations for career opportunities at Florida Hospital. Thank you! ~ Keisha M.

2 months ago

Hi Robert S Hughes,

Thank you for your comment. A recruiter will be contacting you shortly. Once the recruiter reviews all qualified candidates, a selection is made to move forward with those who are the closest fit to the position requirements. You may view your application status in your profile under “Workbench”.

Best wishes to you in your career search at Florida Hospital Health System.
Thank you,
Keisha M.

vi in Leesburg, Florida

2 months ago

Molly-FLHospital in Orlando, Florida said: Hi Melissa421,

Thank you for your comment and detailed account on your experience with Florida Hospital. I would like to assist you and would like to take a look into your application.

Hello Keisha, May I email you my resume and name so you can make career recommendations to me?

Me in Orlando, Florida

1 month ago

I have submitted 38 applications to Florida Hospital!! I'm well qualified for the positions I put in, but I believe they hire internally. Why even post a job on here if you're not going to hire anyone on the outside??

1 month ago

I've applied to almost 100 in the past year. Not really sure what I've done wrong. I had someone respond and say to email my resume to the recruitment dept and that didn't do much after that there was no more help after I sent it so I've kind of given up.

Me in Orlando, Florida

1 month ago

Ndidi Nwosu in St.louis, Missouri said: I've applied to almost 100 in the past year. Not really sure what I've done wrong. I had someone respond and say to email my resume to the recruitment dept and that didn't do much after that there was no more help after I sent it so I've kind of given up.

I think that's what I'll do but I've always wanted to work there but I see it's just a complete waste of time. I don't think I'll ever put anymore applications in anytime in the future. Guess I'll see what Orlando health has to offer

Sarah in Orlando, Florida

1 month ago

does calling the department or hr actually help or does it hurt you from getting employment at Fl hospital

1 month ago

I've called before and didn't get a response so it may help or may not but try just so you can say you tried

Christian Breaux in Florida, Florida

1 month ago

I am not working in Florida hospital. But know some of them who work there, the interview process is long enough to clear.

So, have patience and visit: www.orlandojobs.com/

Jessica O. in Altamonte Springs, Florida

2 days ago

I have applied for about 20 entry level positions with Florida Hospital in the past few weeks, and I have not received contact for an interview. I have been working in sales since I was 16, and I am ready to make a change to a lasting and meaningful career in the medical field. I received my Bachelor's from Florida State University, and I am currently studying medical terminology and ICD-10 coding. I would love a position as a medical receptionist, even if it Is part time. I am more than willing to work my way up from the bottom, as I am new to this field. I greatly enjoy task oriented work, I have always excelled with computers, and I am passionate about helping people. Is there anything that I can do to further my chances of interviewing with this great organization?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.