LOGCAP IV INFO

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 10873)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado

53 months ago

lcgipson in Austin, Texas said: Do you know if Fluor is still allowing contractors to go over if they are deficient? Have you heard of anyone being unable to deploy because of it?

I don't know that they are or aren't. I didn't get to look at my labs. I've heard of no specific cases but it would be logical from a medical standpoint. Like I said I just vaguely remember this from Paramedic school and some talk of it when I was in the service overseas. Talk to a recruiter for specifics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida

53 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: That would be nice, I'm ready to get to work. Do you know if Fluor is flying people in through Dubai or using the military route through Kyrgystan?

Hi Toni! Just found this site. Madmac they are flying people though Dubai. It funny cause they were trying rush hubby over this summer/ early fall after a 6 wk stay in Greenville so they sent him via Kuwait--which they told him they usually do not do--almost always go by way of Dubia. As it turned out he got hung up in Kuwait--would have got there fast if he'd went by way of Dubia.=) Hmmm I will check with hubby again to find out the name of the hotel in Dubia is that they use. Its the same one coming and going. Best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

socalna in west coast, California

53 months ago

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: Hi Toni! Just found this site. Madmac they are flying people though Dubai. It funny cause they were trying rush hubby over this summer/ early fall after a 6 wk stay in Greenville so they sent him via Kuwait--which they told him they usually do not do--almost always go by way of Dubia. As it turned out he got hung up in Kuwait--would have got there fast if he'd went by way of Dubia.=) Hmmm I will check with hubby again to find out the name of the hotel in Dubia is that they use. Its the same one coming and going. Best of luck.

Hi KoKo,
How are you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado

53 months ago

Koko, Thanks for the info. Dubai is much nicer than some of the other ways in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

socalna in west coast, California

53 months ago

Madmac do you remember if you get paid every week while your in GV?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado

53 months ago

I believe it's every other week but I'm not 100% certain. Maybe someone else here will know?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas

53 months ago

pay is bi-weekly overseas, I believe my recruiter said , it is weekly in greenville, after the initial processing..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

socalna in west coast, California

53 months ago

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas said: pay is bi-weekly overseas, I believe my recruiter said , it is weekly in greenville, after the initial processing..

Thats correct..weekly in GV after the first week.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado

53 months ago

sweet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ladslow in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

lcgipson in Austin, Texas said: Where did you do your Medical at? Did you test for G6PD deficiency?

I did my medical in Denver (Littleton to be specific).....I don't know if they test for g6pd. They are quick with the lab work though.....I was suprised at how fast they passed me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lcgipson in Austin, Texas

53 months ago

ladslow in Denver, Colorado said: I did my medical in Denver (Littleton to be specific).....I don't know if they test for g6pd. They are quick with the lab work though.....I was suprised at how fast they passed me.

Thank you for that info....reason I ask, I am G6PD deficient(not anemic) just that my RBC count is low and I was not able to make it over to Afgh through DI. I hear malaria is really prevelant in the southern region of Afgh and not in the northern region.
You would have seen it on the medical list they sent you and what they were testing for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida

53 months ago

Hi just to add, as other said it is weekly they pay you while you are in Greenville and they do take South Carolina taxes out if you stay on longer then the technical processing period 7-10 days--at least for those of you that end up staying on longer than processing. Your weekly pay equals mthly base pay divided into weekly increments.

They also continue to pay you a daily per diem for food. And if you stay on after the technical processing period in greenville they may move you to an extended stay hotel in the area--near Fluor offices--and you may be able to get a rental car too. BUT unless its changed, you are paid for the per diem for food and reversed for the hotel expenses and rental car. But this per diem pay and reverse comes back separate from you weekly base pay/ check. & It took a few weeks to get it--reverses and per diem to start coming back. Hubby's weekly base pay was basically just enough to cover all of his expenses ( extend stay hotel, rental car and food etc) while he was in greenville--which was good--but kids and I were living off of savings back home for 5-6 weeks before the per diem pay and reverses came back. This was this summer so maybe it has changed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

RANDALL in Clarksville, Tennessee

53 months ago

madmac,

Did you apply on their website or did you call a recruiter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado

53 months ago

I applied on the website a # of times. My resume was brought to the attention of someone in AFG because of my rather unique military service and they actually called me and interviewed me then sent it to the recruiter. Kind of backwards from what I understand of the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jjortiz in Portland, Oregon

53 months ago

I am trying to get my resume looked at by a recruiter. Can anybody help me? Does anybody have contact information or know how to expedite the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado

53 months ago

Off to Greenville in the morning. Good luck to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ladslow in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: Off to Greenville in the morning. Good luck to all!

Keep safe......and have a great experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

socalna in west coast, California

53 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: Off to Greenville in the morning. Good luck to all!

Ha Madmac whats your first name?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado

53 months ago

Sean. You?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

socalna in west coast, California

53 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: Sean. You?

Tony

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nabisko32 in Hollywood, Florida

53 months ago

madmac154 in bayfield, Colorado said: Off to Greenville in the morning. Good luck to all!

@madmac can you please email me @ ashturner32@yahoo.com. I wanted to know what goes on in GV for processing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California

53 months ago

Anyone have any luck with the virtual recruiter for fluor? The positions I applied for are no longer available.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jjortiz in Portland, Oregon

53 months ago

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California said: Anyone have any luck with the virtual recruiter for fluor? The positions I applied for are no longer available.

No luck here, I was just on there about 5 mins ago. They told me that you can get contacted quick, or never depending on what they are looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California

53 months ago

At least they were strait forward and to the point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ladslow in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

Has anyone recently sent in an SF-85P to Fluor Security? How long did it take for Fluor to get back to you on it? I've heard once Fluor approves it will take about 2 months for the government's agency to approve it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Doug Bryson in Atlanta, Georgia

53 months ago

Any ideas on increasing your visibility to recruiters? I have been applying for a couple months with no response. I imagine they use keyword searches when screening applicants, however I have yet to find the right ones. I am primarily seeking Carpenter positions preferably of a supervisory nature. What kind of time frame from application to contact by Fluor are people experiencing? To offer letters?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

missneka in Kansas

53 months ago

Tonight they are suppose to have virtual recruiter on and I am having no luck this is bad, can anyone pass on some recruiter info to get me in the door?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lcgipson in Austin, Texas

53 months ago

Sorry Missneka, it was this morning from 0800 to 1000 here in the Central time zone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas

53 months ago

ladslow in Denver, Colorado said: Has anyone recently sent in an SF-85P to Fluor Security? How long did it take for Fluor to get back to you on it? I've heard once Fluor approves it will take about 2 months for the government's agency to approve it.

It took them about two weeks to get back to me. but I had to resubmit my fingerprints.
they get back to you with corrections which you make and then send it back again.
I was told this can take place 1 or 2 times until all the kinks are worked out. then it is ready for you to sign when you get to greenville.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas

53 months ago

Doug Bryson in Atlanta, Georgia said: Any ideas on increasing your visibility to recruiters? I have been applying for a couple months with no response. I imagine they use keyword searches when screening applicants, however I have yet to find the right ones. I am primarily seeking Carpenter positions preferably of a supervisory nature. What kind of time frame from application to contact by Fluor are people experiencing? To offer letters?

from application could be 1 week to infinity. from first phone call to greenville is taking 2-4 months. and also people are getting stuck in greenville up to 6 weeks.
so if you have a job , dont quit until your on the plane for sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ladslow in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas said: It took them about two weeks to get back to me. but I had to resubmit my fingerprints.
they get back to you with corrections which you make and then send it back again.
I was told this can take place 1 or 2 times until all the kinks are worked out. then it is ready for you to sign when you get to greenville.

Thanks for the info......I have my fingerprints, but have not sent them in......should I send them in now, or wait for them to see get back to me on the emailed sf85?

Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas

53 months ago

ladslow in Denver, Colorado said: Thanks for the info......I have my fingerprints, but have not sent them in......should I send them in now, or wait for them to see get back to me on the emailed sf85?

Thanks in advance[/QUOTe

I sent mine as soon as I got them done. I think they might wait on the fingerprints , before they review the sf85p.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ladslow in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas said:

I guess I should print out the SP85 then and fed ex it with my finger prints.....I probably just set myself back a bit.

Do you know when you are headed to SC?

Thanks again.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas

53 months ago

ladslow in Denver, Colorado said: I guess I should print out the SP85 then and fed ex it with my finger prints.....I probably just set myself back a bit.

Do you know when you are headed to SC?

Thanks again.....

I only fedexed the fingerprints, the sf85p is done thru email. you wont sign it until you get to greenville.

I have my dental exam on thursday. and awaiting the 2nd review of my sf85p. my recruiter told me it was looking like the first of march, if there are no setbacks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jesswelch27 in Boise, Idaho

53 months ago

Hi all, my husband was over in Iraq with KBR in 2009 and would like to get back overseas with Fluor. He has applied a few times on the website. He was a Heavy Truck Driver over with KBR, but will do any position. He has a Class A CDL with all endorsements along with a TWIC card. He served in the military for 7 years as a 88M, 63S, MP, and NBC NCO. He has a passport and is already to go right away. Please if anyone can help our family please let me know. Thank you danwelch@live.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida

53 months ago

jesswelch27 in Boise, Idaho said: Hi all, my husband was over in Iraq with KBR in 2009 and would like to get back overseas with Fluor. He has applied a few times on the website. He was a Heavy Truck Driver over with KBR, but will do any position. He has a Class A CDL with all endorsements along with a TWIC card. He served in the military for 7 years as a 88M, 63S, MP, and NBC NCO. He has a passport and is already to go right away. Please if anyone can help our family please let me know. Thank you danwelch@live.com

You have an email

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sdraper in Summerville, South Carolina

53 months ago

Good Evening, just a question...on the Fluor careers website under the HR status it says "under consideration" for a position my husband applied for. Is this the same as under review basically. Just wondering if anyone else has received the same status before? Any info is appreciated!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lcgipson in Austin, Texas

53 months ago

sdraper in Summerville, South Carolina said: Good Evening, just a question...on the Fluor careers website under the HR status it says "under consideration" for a position my husband applied for. Is this the same as under review basically. Just wondering if anyone else has received the same status before? Any info is appreciated!!!

That means he will be contacted soon.......my statuses were updated today too and I got a call from the recruiter late today. I will speak with the recruiter in the morning. "under consideration" means just that and 99.9% of the time, they are about to call you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sdraper in Summerville, South Carolina

53 months ago

lcgipson in Austin, Texas said: That means he will be contacted soon.......my statuses were updated today too and I got a call from the recruiter late today. I will speak with the recruiter in the morning. "under consideration" means just that and 99.9% of the time, they are about to call you.

Thank you for you reply! His status was updated 2 days ago but so far no phone call...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sdraper in Summerville, South Carolina

53 months ago

Oops, thank you for your reply! I can't spell this morning lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Desktopguy in Baltimore, Maryland

53 months ago

Can anyone tell me how much would an IT person make for Flour working in the Middle East. If you get hired does the Dental and Medical get done in Greenville. Who gets a security clearance to work over there. If contacted by a recruiter how long is the wait to get to Greenville. I have a passport that expires in 2015 so that should help speed things up. If hired and I go to Greenville what would I do there for the time that is spent waiting to go overseas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sdraper in Summerville, South Carolina

53 months ago

lcgipson in Austin, Texas said: That means he will be contacted soon.......my statuses were updated today too and I got a call from the recruiter late today. I will speak with the recruiter in the morning. "under consideration" means just that and 99.9% of the time, they are about to call you.

Hello again...just wondering if anyone has their status as "under consideration" and still no phone call. It was last Tuesday after he spoke with a recruiter online. any info would be great thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lcgipson in Austin, Texas

53 months ago

Have patience, there process is a little diff from the other contractors. I too am waiting to hear back from the recruiters as my info was sent to the hiring managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sdraper in Summerville, South Carolina

53 months ago

lcgipson in Austin, Texas said: Have patience, there process is a little diff from the other contractors. I too am waiting to hear back from the recruiters as my info was sent to the hiring managers.

Thanks again, he wasn't sure how long it takes to get back in touch with them...he was thinking that they moved on to another candidate, but I am assuming when that happens it will change to "no longer under consideration"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

ladslow in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

I've heard Fluor security is quite swamped right now. I got a message from them the other day stating that they had recieved my SF-85P and would process it as soon as they could. I was wondering if anyone else had gone through this recently.....if so, how long did it take before they got back to you after that point? Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida

53 months ago

Desktopguy in Baltimore, Maryland said: Can anyone tell me how much would an IT person make for Flour working in the Middle East. If you get hired does the Dental and Medical get done in Greenville. Who gets a security clearance to work over there. If contacted by a recruiter how long is the wait to get to Greenville. I have a passport that expires in 2015 so that should help speed things up. If hired and I go to Greenville what would I do there for the time that is spent waiting to go overseas.

Sorry can not help you with how much IT personal is making. Your medical and dental will be done before you go to Greenville. They will contract someone in your area to do this. They cover the cost of. The dental is just a check up, so if you need work before they sign you off on you will have to cover the cost of that yourself. Who gets the security clearence to work over there now? Right now only American Expats. The time you have to wait before you get to greenville seems to very-- a lot has to do will how long it takes for you to get clearance as far as your medical, dental, public trust and background check--and how much of a rushing need they have for your profession. Once you get there. The reg processing seems to take 7 days or so. They keep you busy with paperwrk and classes--laptop/thier sftware training. But some are staying on longer--6 to 8 wks even. And they find stuff to keep you busy while you are there if you have to stay on. You generally work Mon-Fri and they pay you your base pay while you are in country(USA). All contracting companys are pretty much requiring you have a passport before they--recruiters will even talk to you now--so that a given times wise. Best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lcgipson in Austin, Texas

53 months ago

ladslow in Denver, Colorado said: I've heard Fluor security is quite swamped right now. I got a message from them the other day stating that they had recieved my SF-85P and would process it as soon as they could. I was wondering if anyone else had gone through this recently.....if so, how long did it take before they got back to you after that point? Thanks

Ladslow.....How long after your Medical did you hear back? You said it was pretty quick. I just did mine on Wednesday and going this friday to get my TB test read. All other paperwork has been submitted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ladslow in Denver, Colorado

53 months ago

lcgipson in Austin, Texas said: Ladslow.....How long after your Medical did you hear back? You said it was pretty quick. I just did mine on Wednesday and going this friday to get my TB test read. All other paperwork has been submitted.

I heard back from the contracting medical company (I'm forgetting the name at the moment) within a couple days of finishing the medical tests......a day or so after that, they scheduled the extra vaccinations. It was very fast.

I'm still waiting on my SF85P, It took about two weeks for Fluor to send an email stating they recieved it and they were backlogged and would process it as quickly as possible. That was 6 days ago, I think......I was told to expect a wait for this.....

If you're getting your TB on Friday.....you'll have to go in again with 48 to 72 hours for them to look at the "prick mark" they make.....At least that is what I had to do.

Do you know where you sit on your security?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

missneka in Kansas

53 months ago

Has anyone applied for a mail services position with Fluor? Can anyone give me any Fluor recruiter info please email me @ missnekaf20@yahoo.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

missneka in Kansas

53 months ago

There is also a new virtual recruiter schedule up for the month of March and April on the WorkAtFluor.com site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.