Comments (10701 to 10750 of 10874)
Page:  « First « Previous   212  213  214  215  216  217  218  Next »   Last »

expat in BAF in Apo

20 months ago

if you have a job at home stay there, if not give it a try

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ojust in Apo

20 months ago

Hey SS I'm going to agree with Expat in BAF. I just found out the date today for this base, which is way sooner than anyone else thought. You have been informed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

salty dog 2 in Afghanistan

20 months ago

This is what's happening in the south, this came out today.
STAR POINTS: January Descope Message
With the coming of the New Year, more site descopes have been announced and the current projection is 28 sites may close by the end of 2013. This is up from 21 announced last month. Lagman is on track to close at the end of next month, Khan Neshin and Cobra in March, Sweeney, Anaconda and Tycz in April, Payne in May, Delhi, Terra Nova, Sperwan Ghar, Smart, Shurandam, Hutal, Russian Silo and Robinson in June, Al Masaak, Price, Zangabad, Camp Nathan Smith, Hanson and Wolverine by the end of July, and Stone, Aziz Ullah, Shoja, Tarin Kowt, Geronimo, Farah and Dwyer are slated for descope in the last quarter of 2013.

The USG’s Contractor Drawdown Cell will hold the first LOGCAP Prioritization Board on 16 January and we expect to receive additional direction with regard to change orders in progress, new projects in planning, and personnel, property/material reallocation and personnel demobilization. In addition to scheduled descopes, the USG is working on a contractor personnel and property drawdown initiative that may result in further reductions of personnel and property over the next several months. As a result, we are conducting a by-site drawdown analysis and alignment of Human Resource processes to provide strong justifications for those personnel to be retained on this task order. Maximum notification will be provided to those employees who will demobilize as a result of drawdown and descopes. Site management and HR personnel are integral to this process and are the first stop for questions with regard to the future of each site. As previously announced, the drawdown of personnel and property and the descoping of services at our sites is a major focus for 2013.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

D427 in The Northeast

20 months ago

Snaky, I had skills and job experience before I knew what a LOGCAP was. Were you one of those people KBR hired from the homeless shelters in Houston?

Ironically one of the jobs I was offered was base closure in AFG. It paid a little over 100k and had one 30 day RR because it was an Army embed program. I said thank you for the kind offer but I am going to have to decline. I am currently making more in the States working 40hr weeks. I sure do miss the free DFAC food tho.

IH8SNAKES90 in Schertz, Texas said: it is 8 dollars an hour, when you work on LOGCAP you should take advantage of networking with other contractors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

D427 in The Northeast

20 months ago

expat in BAF in Columbus, Ohio said: it has begun in sharana no hot breakfast mre's for lunch, BAF rolling black out soon

Care to translate this to something that makes sense?

expat in BAF in Columbus, Ohio

20 months ago

co workers husband in sharana no hot breakfast mre's(meals ready to eat)lunch for non military, BAF(BAGRAM) 98% electricity usage any higher rolling blackouts different sections of the base. (to many people)

SS Texas in Pasadena, Texas

20 months ago

ojust in Apo said: Hey SS I'm going to agree with Expat in BAF. I just found out the date today for this base, which is way sooner than anyone else thought. You have been informed.

Thanks for all the help and the info. I am good and bummed out now. I am unemployed and was really hoping to get over there. I guess its not going to happen.

ojust in Apo

20 months ago

SS If your unemployed what do you really have to loose. Our base is not listed on the above list. The supervisor were just informed Yesturday. I at this point dont want to say which one it is. But lets say I dont think anyone here thought this base would close by the end of this yr.

SS Texas in Houston, Texas

20 months ago

ojust in Apo said: SS If your unemployed what do you really have to loose. Our base is not listed on the above list. The supervisor were just informed Yesturday. I at this point dont want to say which one it is. But lets say I dont think anyone here thought this base would close by the end of this yr.

I agree, I don't have anything to lose, I do really appreciate all the input and help, I just hope and pray that when my CAC comes back there is an opening for me to fill and I can head over and get to work. Thanks again

IH8Snakes90 in Schertz, Texas

20 months ago

D427 in The Northeast said: Snaky, I had skills and job experience before I knew what a LOGCAP was. Were you one of those people KBR hired from the homeless shelters in Houston?

Ironically one of the jobs I was offered was base closure in AFG. It paid a little over 100k and had one 30 day RR because it was an Army embed program. I said thank you for the kind offer but I am going to have to decline. I am currently making more in the States working 40hr weeks. I sure do miss the free DFAC food tho.

NO 427 i was hired out of another state flown to Houston put in a 5 star hotel and then sent to Europe. Stayed there almost 7 years and did 6 in Iraq. Not sure where you get your information but i believe you don't know when to quit. Writing is on the wall and Salty is providing sound information. No one is listening to you because you are talking to yourself. Enjoy paying those high taxes and of course in a few months you will be furlough do to the inability of the congress to reduce the budget LOL. You will find out the hard way last hired first laid off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

expat in BAF in Columbus, Ohio said: co workers husband in sharana no hot breakfast mre's(meals ready to eat)lunch for non military, BAF(BAGRAM) 98% electricity usage any higher rolling blackouts different sections of the base. (to many people)

expat you should not to explain to D427 with all of that LOGCAP experience i figured he would know what you are talking about shows how much experience he really has. when you start reducing the DFAC meals are the first to suffer lack of supplies and reduced power or rolling blacks is the inability of the power grid to keep up.

AllBaffedUp in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

20 months ago

> then sent to Europe. Stayed there almost 7 years and did 6 in Iraq. <

Hey snakes, just wondering how you can be in two places at once? Time travel, teleporting or cloning? Way you talk, you probably believe in all three

20 months ago

AllBaffedUp in Dubai, United Arab Emirates said: > then sent to Europe. Stayed there almost 7 years and did 6 in Iraq. <

Hey snakes, just wondering how you can be in two places at once? Time travel, teleporting or cloning? Way you talk, you probably believe in all three

Apparently you must have been in the Bubble room too long and then try to post. Easy spend 7 years on one assignment and 6 on the other. No i believe you are posting where you have no idea of what you are talking about and don't miss that flight to Bagram is the is the internet still free in the Terminal for charter aircraft?

D427 in The Northeast

20 months ago

MREs cost a lot more than service meals. Sound like there was a SNAFU somewhere along the line or the second hand information you got from your co worker probably meant there was no hot breakfast for the holiday meal services, which is pretty typical.

What does prime power grid problems in BAF have to do with anything. Other than all those RLB and other hard structure projects are finally coming online and overwhelming the BAF prime power grid, which itself is an ongoing USACE project.

Snake, were you a black water truck driver? Or did you man the suction hose? Because you sure do sound like you are full of it. I'm currently working for a large national energy infrastructure company, no layoffs in my future but thanks for the concern. You should have taken some Army or online courses for reading comprehension while you were LOGCAPing it.

SS, I wouldn't quite lose hope yet. AFG has always had a hire attrition rate for contractors and a lot of people are already starting to jump ship for greener pastures. The USG will typically for the defense contractor to RIF too many workers and then have to hire a bunch for the close out surge. It's a good time to be in MHE, ADACG or Movement Control - all ITT jobs btw.

EJackson1 in Jacksonville, Florida

20 months ago

Okay so I'm confused... So are those of us, in need of a job, are we out of luck? I would really like to get back over, under any capacity, at this point, but all this back and forth about things coming to an end has confused me.

Like I said, my psst KBR/DOD background is in DEFAC and my real world is business management/HR, etc, but I am willing to take any position to be come gainfully employed! I have a sick mom that need help with Doctors, prescription and medical bills, and I have med school tuition to pay for; I ready to work NOW!!!!

Can someone PLEASE give me a lead to a recruiter!

cjfam in Houston, Texas

20 months ago

Jackson what is your email? I have some info that may be able to help you out

20 months ago

cjfam in Houston, Texas said: Jackson what is your email? I have some info that may be able to help you out

Hey cjfam, thanks for the solid!!!

My email: live2skydive99@hotmail.com

Looking forward to your reply!

E

20 months ago

D427 in The Northeast said: MREs cost a lot more than service meals. Sound like there was a SNAFU somewhere along the line or the second hand information you got from your co worker probably meant there was no hot breakfast for the holiday meal services, which is pretty typical.

What does prime power grid problems in BAF have to do with anything. Other than all those RLB and other hard structure projects are finally coming online and overwhelming the BAF prime power grid, which itself is an ongoing USACE project.

Snake, were you a black water truck driver? Or did you man the suction hose? Because you sure do sound like you are full of it. I'm currently working for a large national energy infrastructure company, no layoffs in my future but thanks for the concern. You should have taken some Army or online courses for reading comprehension while you were LOGCAPing it.

SS, I wouldn't quite lose hope yet. AFG has always had a hire attrition rate for contractors and a lot of people are already starting to jump ship for greener pastures. The USG will typically for the defense contractor to RIF too many workers and then have to hire a bunch for the close out surge. It's a good time to be in MHE, ADACG or Movement Control - all ITT jobs btw.

Enjoy that job you have D and i am sure you are loving that mid level management job but i thought you said it was a government contract you were working for since you had all of that contracting experience. If i had to drive a truck i can, not single task person such as yourself. I am also proud enough to step down a notch to get on with a good company that knows you for who you are and not a number.

20 months ago

IH8Snakes90 in Schertz, Texas said: Enjoy that job you have D and i am sure you are loving that mid level management job but i thought you said it was a government contract you were working for since you had all of that contracting experience. If i had to drive a truck i can, not single task person such as yourself. I am also proud enough to step down a notch to get on with a good company that knows you for who you are and not a number.

IF the budget takes a hit and the defense will also then you might be looking for a job. This is from one of your last post after the jobs you were offered.

Since I left I've been offered three AFG and one CONUS job from three different defense contractors, only one I found semi interesting.

You might want to read before your post the stuff you are typing to ensure it sticks to your story your are telling.

D427 in The Northeast

20 months ago

IH8Snakes90 in Schertz, Texas said: IF the budget takes a hit and the defense will also then you might be looking for a job. This is from one of your last post after the jobs you were offered.

Since I left I've been offered three AFG and one CONUS job from three different defense contractors, only one I found semi interesting.

You might want to read before your post the stuff you are typing to ensure it sticks to your story your are telling.

Snaky, I've been offered a lot of jobs in my life, didn't take many of them. I can see where that might get confusing to someone who doesn't get many job offers.

EJackson, there is no 'back and forth' going on about LOGCAP in AFG ending. It's coming to an end in 2014 and the drawdown has already started but there will be job available until the last day they flip the light switch. As long as Fluor/ITT and DI can bill the government for you they will hire you, if it's just to make it through MDC/CDC or whatever they are calling it, or fly you to Dubai or have you in country for one week - they will hire you just to squeeze the money from the USG.

Or

There should be jobs available for whatever program the USG launches to support the US bases as they become Afghan bases. Of course you will be protected by, surround by and working for the people who keep killing US/NATO troops in blue on green attacks. The kicker being is that the USG will declare hostilities over in AFG so you won't be getting haz duty uplift any more.

20 months ago

Where are my posts!!!!

E

20 months ago

Apparently there's someone that enjoy's deleting my posts!

But like I said D427, I would be greatly appreciative for any

opportunity that is given to me. I don't look a gift horse in

the mouth!

I know many are talking about Afghanistan closing shop, but

what about other theaters/FOB/COP like Iraq or Pak,

are the closing up as well?

Thanks.... AGAIN!

*And whoever is deleting my posts, PLEASE STOP! All I'm

trying to do is fine my opportunity to become gainfully

employed, like everyone else here and I deserve as much

respect and right, as everyone, to do such!

E.

IH8Snakes90 in San Antonio, Texas

19 months ago

D427 you are singing the same song you were singing when you were in Iraq. Talking alot about nothing. If you are not in Afghanistan then you probably better off not saying anything about LOGCAP since you left Afghanistan. I am happy with the job i have and i don't go actively seeking mid management such as yourself. I don't jump into a job especially as a mid manager as yourself. I don't bite off more than i can chew. Anyway to Mr Jackson. Keep applying, post are closing in Afghanistan refer to Salty Dogs's post he has been around awhile and won't BS you unlike some folks on here.

19 months ago

Thanks for the post Snake!

What about the other theaters outside Afghanistan, Iraq, Pak;isthan, Kuwait, Djibouti, etc?

E

EricKuntz in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

D427 in The Northeast said: I am making well over 100k/year in the US, people with skills don't sit on the bench waiting for a job. Enjoy your $8/hr Walmart job or unemployment, as the case may be.

LOGCAP for you sounds like your once in a lifetime chance to make some decent money, I hope you enjoyed your LOGCAP fantasy world while it lasted.

Please email me at erkuntz80@gmail.com on whom I should speak with in regards to getting a position overseas at Afghanistan within your Logistics field, or maybe what steps I should take? I am highly interested. Please advise.

Thank you.
Eric Kuntz

cjfam in Houston, Texas

19 months ago

Hey Jackson did you get the email I sent you? If so I hoped it helped you out.

EricKuntz in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

19 months ago

cjfam in Houston, Texas said: Hey Jackson did you get the email I sent you? If so I hoped it helped you out.

cjfam - could you please assist me as well with some info on the best approach on how to obtain a job with Fluor? Thank you. My email address is erkuntz80@gmail.com

19 months ago

cjfam in Houston, Texas said: Hey Jackson did you get the email I sent you? If so I hoped it helped you out.

WOW! Thanks for the info Bro, I really appreciate it! Here's to hoping that something comes our way!!! ;)

E

margo1 in sugarland, Texas

19 months ago

Yesterday buses of Military came to the Warrior living quarters in BAF with the dogs to check OCN's for electronics, drugs, alcohol...they got about 80 folks. Also we have been informed that the 2 BBQ dfacs, one on the westside, and the other on Warrior side will be closed within the month. We have been hearing that they are already doing MRE's for 2 of the daily meals at other bases. Dfacs are usually the last place they cut(at least in Iraq that was so)but they are coming down early it feels to me. But then there are more OCN's here than we had on our base at Iraq that last year. The thing is they did drastic pruning in Iraq 2 years out, and then started hiring new people several months down the road from that...because as was mentioned, the company gets more money for the new hires. Oh yeah, one of the ladies whose room was searched, said the soldier told her that Fluor asked them to do a health and welfare check. But really how stupid do you have to be to get caught out on this...they did the living quarters in Fluor village on the other side of base a month ago..and the sub-contractors, a few weeks ago, how are you not going to realize... their coming...some people don't realize the opportunity, blessing they have been given, they think they are entitled...to risk your livlihood for a few tokes, or whatever is beyond stupid, and I have...no...sympathy...too many folks need jobs, and wanting to get over here. Everyone keep plugging away...after the pruning they will probably start re-hiring in the summer or late spring. :)

19 months ago

Hey there margo1,

You are absolutely RIGHT! I don't see how someone would be willing to jeopardize their wonderful opportunity, that has been given to them. Someone as needy, if not more, could have used and would have appreciated that job so much more!

If I may ask, one of the good guys, on the board here, did me a solid and hooked me up with some contacts to try, but nothing for Fluor. Would you happen to have any contacts that you wouldn't mind passing along to someone that would greatly appreciated another opportunity to go over. My background was the DEFAC while in theater and in the real world, it's admin, upper management, HR realted.

Thanks!

E.

Gafur in Tetovo, Macedonia

19 months ago

Hello Guys,

Could anyone help/inform me as to the best way to get an employment with Flour Corp. I used to work at BAF for a KBR sub contractor. Thanks in advance, my mail is alphabet0@msn.com

OptimusPrime in Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina

19 months ago

Gafur Tetovo, the best advice is to stop looking the job for Fluor.I Demob ( Satisfactory ) on 26 December 2012 , and already got another job in BP,as a HR Generalist.
You should look at paegroup.com ,dyncorp, or ITT,or even some other american or british companies in UAE on their web site,money is better.
After 14 years it was time to finaly leave LOGCAP.

Northof48 in Anchorage, Alaska

19 months ago

OptimusPrime in Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina said: Gafur Tetovo, the best advice is to stop looking the job for Fluor.I Demob ( Satisfactory ) on 26 December 2012 , and already got another job in BP,as a HR Generalist.
You should look at paegroup.com ,dyncorp, or ITT,or even some other american or british companies in UAE on their web site,money is better.

Optimus,

I am a former LOGCAP employee and I want to work in energy. Can I contact you by email or Linkedin? I would like to find out about the application process for BP.

Thanks

19 months ago

OptimusPrime in Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina said: Gafur Tetovo, the best advice is to stop looking the job for Fluor.I Demob ( Satisfactory ) on 26 December 2012 , and already got another job in BP,as a HR Generalist.

Optimus Prime, lol, love the screen name man!!!

What or where is BP, not familiar with all the short hand lingo, sorry. Also like you, my background is in HR, as well as business management. Would you mind emailing me a list of this American and British companies in the UAE. My mom's health is getting worse, I just had to admit her again for a 600+ blood sugar, she almost wen into a coma the doctor said. All adds to the, already exorbitant doctor and hospital bills and medication. So I truly need to find something, not for myself, but to help my mom.

Also... maybe if you have a solid contact for a recruiter, that would be a great lead and help!

My email: live2skydive99@hotmail.com

Much thanks!

E.

BAF in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina

19 months ago

OptimusPrime in Srpska
I have experience working in U.S. companies in continous use since 1997 to 2011.
I worked on security, storage, ordering materials for the U.S. bases in Iraq and Afghanistan, I worked on the LOGCAP project about 4 years.
I graduated from AAFES Corporate University in Dallas, Texas, and I finished twice in the CRC (Conus Replacement Center) at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas.
I am currently unemployed and would accept any kind of your offer.
In support of my statements I can send you some atacments with my certificates.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Best regards,
P.S. Mogu li Vam poslati moj rezime i na koji mail ?

19 months ago

Citibank, N.A

American Life Insurance Company

Griffin Nagda & Company

Sun Engineering & Contracting L.L.C.

Aon Middle East LLC

Johnson & Johnson (Middle East) Inc.

Aramex International

Inter Equipment Co. Ltd.

Momentum Engineering Llc

3M Gulf Ltd (Dubai Branch)

BJ Services Company

SAS Institute Inc – Dubai Branch Office

Ceva Logistics LLC

Gopinath Technical Company LLC

Bank of America, National Association

Turner International Middle East

National-Oilwell Varco, Lp

Culligan International (Emirates) LLC

Wachovia Bank Dubai Representative Office

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

this is just a small part

19 months ago

People good evening ,please see some of the links:

list of DoD contractors slobodni.net/t114543/

american and british companies in UAE ( this is not the all companies )

Fluor stopped hiring process for now, in February or in March they will cut 30-40% workforce in Afghanistan (Tier 2,3 and 4)
KBR will start hiring process in a few months for EAGLE project, but nobody dont know how many people they gonna hire
Former military personels should check also avaible job positions in NATO
Oil companies are at this time the best.

my email is optimusprime483@ymail.com , so you free to contact me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

19 months ago

links for some of the american and british companies in UAE

dubaiemploymenttips.com/companies/american/

Gafur in Tetovo, Macedonia

19 months ago

OptimusPrime, nice nick, i must say;

I appreciate your help. I would appreciate it even more if you could aid me in getting a job for BP. By the way I followed your advice and submitted my CV to Dyncorp, will have to wait and see what happens.

It's really good to know people who take their time to help others, again, thank you!

SS Texas in Humble, Texas

19 months ago

Anyone heard of anyone leaving this month for SC???? Or Afghanistan?????

POL75

19 months ago

SS Texas in Humble, Texas said: Anyone heard of anyone leaving this month for SC???? Or Afghanistan?????
"

Hopefully I will hear something soon I am now 21 days in adjudication for SF85. If they haven't canceled my position I should be there soon. I am going for Fuel Distribution Operator.

POL75 in Houston, Texas

19 months ago

Did you get hire for Fuel Operator? Have you completed background check? I was hired in Oct for Fuel Ops and now I am in adjudication.

Fluor_expat in Apo

18 months ago

BAF in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina said: OptimusPrime in Srpska
I have experience working in U.S. companies in continous use since 1997 to 2011.
I worked on security, storage, ordering materials for the U.S. bases in Iraq and Afghanistan , I worked on the LOGCAP project about 4 years.
I graduated from AAFES Corporate University in Dallas, Texas, and I finished twice in the CRC (Conus Replacement Center) at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas.
I am currently unemployed and would accept any kind of your offer.
In support of my statements I can send you some atacments with my certificates.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Best regards,
P.S. Mogu li Vam poslati moj rezime i na koji mail ?

you done alot of jobs, your qualifications don't mean jack tho, I bet you still have all the b.s certificates from fluors online training thinking they actually matter in the real world!! maybe a fluor fire warden cert can get you a job as a fire fighter haha! So fluor got rid of you?, im guessing you were useless like most bosnians!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bosanac Ponosni in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina

18 months ago

Fluor_expat in Apo said: you done alot of jobs, your qualifications don't mean jack tho, I bet you still have all the b.s certificates from fluors online training thinking they actually matter in the real world!! maybe a fluor fire warden cert can get you a job as a fire fighter haha! So fluor got rid of you?, im guessing you were useless like most bosnians!

Your grammar?

PRICELESS, lol

But hey, that's ok. He/we are useless, that's the point of your post, right? lol

Fluor_expat in Apo

18 months ago

Bosanac Ponosni in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina said: Your grammar?

PRICELESS, lol

But hey, that's ok. He/we are useless, that's the point of your post, right? lol

you got it! and why do so many of you stink? jesus havent you lot got use to running water yet?? what dept did you work in before they canned your azz then?? probably gave your job to an indian who can do it better at half the cost, can't believe some of you guys came over here for around $4000 a month, just goes to show why fluor hired in the balkans alot. oh and my grammer? where did you learn english? from all the nato troops in your dump of a country? clinton should have nuked the lot of you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

18 months ago

Fluor_expat in Apo said: you got it! and why do so many of you stink? jesus havent you lot got use to running water yet?? what dept did you work in before they canned your azz then?? probably gave your job to an indian who can do it better at half the cost, can't believe some of you guys came over here for around $4000 a month, just goes to show why fluor hired in the balkans alot. oh and my grammer? where did you learn english? from all the nato troops in your dump of a country? clinton should have nuked the lot of you!

HAAHAHAHAHA

“I’m Yosemite Sam … The meanest, toughest, rip-roarin-est, Edward Everett Horton-est hombre
whatever packed a six shooter!”

HAHAHAAAA

expat in baf in Columbus, Ohio

18 months ago

Bosanac Ponosni in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina said: HAAHAHAHAHA

“I’m Yosemite Sam … The meanest, toughest, rip-roarin-est, Edward Everett Horton-est hombre
whatever packed a six shooter!”

HAHAHAAAA

let me get this straight 14 yrs working for the us govt at an average of example $40000 US dollars no tax to US govt($560,000) all US taxpayers money and you have nothing to show for it and you want to come back.

expat in baf in Columbus, Ohio

18 months ago

18 months ago

expat in baf in Columbus, Ohio said: I have experience working in U.S. companies in continous use since 1997 to 2011.

let me get this straight 14 yrs working for the us govt at an average of example $40000 US dollars no tax to US govt($560,000) all US taxpayers money and you have nothing to show for it and you want to come back.

Wrong, it wasn't me.
But anyway,
I belive that every penny he earnd is deserved. I'm pretty much sure that no one will keep anyone employed 14 years for being lazy.

Page:  « First « Previous   212  213  214  215  216  217  218  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.