LOGCAP IV INFO

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10851 to 10894 of 10894)
Page:  « First « Previous   215  216  217  218   

traxxinthesand in Ft.Worth, Texas

22 months ago

carman in San Diego, California said: honestly, Fluor would rather hire someone that they have to complete a new investigation on, they get paid for the paperwork process.

As far as Fluor is concerned there is no Visa of any sort. There are a few companies that get their employees Visas regardless on how they fly, and Fluor is not one of them, nor was KBR or DynCorp. MPRI, Raytheon, and the non-Logcap part of DynCorp were a few companies that did go thru the Afghan government .

I am very much aware of how the travel works as I can assure you I spent a significant amount of time doing it. I worked for 3 different companies during my time there and it was not that long ago that I left there. I still have several friends there that I speak to on a regular basis, the only future there will not be a LOGCAP contract , and even then will be pretty short lived.

humm gone fishin needs get with the times. An LOA is a completed back ground check with an expiration date on it. yes you can look at it . Yes you are right. Once you leave the LOA is inactive but the background check has been completed. But you background check with a new company will go much faster.
Dude don't know where you get your info, but you DO NEED a Afghan Visa if you are to travel in Afghanistan. been there many times. You need that visa and a stamp every time you go through customs.. Maybe if you are active duty Military flying a military aircraft you may not need one. Yes I have several in my passport working for DynCorp and KBR.
If you want to put out information .. just do it,,, this "I am better than you stuff" ...not to professional ..hack and slash on other sites ok..

I have been in country working for Fluor for 3 years, and I'm still here. I have never had an Afghanistan visa,I have never been through Afghanistan customs, I go out of country every 60-90 days on R&r and don't see customs until I get to Dubai. U.S. expats don't need a visa in Dubai either. just sayin'

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mauiraindakine in Columbus, Georgia

22 months ago

Agreed! Negative Afghan stamps in my passport and I'm on my second passport.
Won't matter anyways, we just got word the semi- large camp above us is closing June 1, Spann already closing by the 28th next week and our two other tiny FOBs are closing end of June. This will leave only the main FOB here and it's a German base anyways with several other nations here too and it's being downsized US military-wise. This means several hundred folks being RIF'd just in this AO. The time here for us is growing shorter by the day. On my way back to BAF to open a small clinic on the east side where most folks have been relocated beside at the DEFIB and am thankful for a bit more time on this project. Bottom line is, this back and forth issue on the visa. As the poster before me stated, Fluor does not require us having an Afghanistan stamp in our passports. Now, when I was with KBR '04-'07, every time we went through BIAP, we were stamped and I have the passport to prove that one. But maybe some other companies have a different arrangement with the Afghani government.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

carman in San Diego, California

22 months ago

Traxx in the sand in Ft.Worth, Texas said: I have been in country working for Fluor for 3 years, and I'm still here. I have never had an Afghanistan visa,I have never been through Afghanistan customs, I go out of country every 60-90 days on R&r and don't see customs until I get to Dubai. U.S. expats don't need a visa in Dubai either. just sayin'

yes in Dubai the 4 security checks..check your passport and boarding pass, but if you land in Kabul..better have that visa going through customs at the air port (not the base)or going to be a long day. Never heard of entering a foreign country with out a visa. But ya try it. I leave it at that..but if you want to see a actual Afghanistan visa I'll send you one. lets do it via e-mail,
To all those lookin for information out there.. yes lets get back to it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wentfishing in Trinidad and Tobago

22 months ago

As I said before, the LOGCAP contractors do not need or use visas in Afghan. You will actually never have anything in your passport or otherwise to show you were ever there. This is a LOGCAP forum and that was the information relevant to the forum.

If you are currently applying for positions with companies working there you will be far better off looking for positions that are not a LOGCAP position. Those companies that have contracts that extend beyond LOGCAP may have some life left in them. Look at IRAQ, LOGCAP is long gone but there is still a significant amount of people working support contracts for the embassy and other "training" missions over there.

There is and will be a few contracts for "trainers" for the ANA (Afghan National Army), with positions from everything from a plumber to weapons repair. I know a few of these guys, not a bad gig, money is good, R&R sucks (2 per year). These positions generally require a security clearance.

jcwfire in Smiths, Alabama

22 months ago

Just finished the medical and dental exams have submitted everything except the finger print cards waiting on USPS for that. So far everything is a go. Had to submit for a 10 year back ground check my understanding at this point is that's for Top Security clearance if not some one let me know. (Maybe that's typical)?
I know that they are gearing down over there but my personal thought on that, it probably depends on your area of expertise, mine is Fire Detection and Suppression typically we are the last ones to leave a construction site and are the ones who deal with the Fire Marshall or Authority Having Jurisdiction for a Certificate of Occupancy of any building that has a Fire Alarm System. My contract is valid through June of next year!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

JCW Fire in Smiths, Alabama said: Just finished the medical and dental exams have submitted everything except the finger print cards waiting on USPS for that. So far everything is a go. Had to submit for a 10 year back ground check my understanding at this point is that's for Top Security clearance if not some one let me know. (Maybe that's typical)?
I know that they are gearing down over there but my personal thought on that, it probably depends on your area of expertise, mine is Fire Detection and Suppression typically we are the last ones to leave a construction site and are the ones who deal with the Fire Marshall or Authority Having Jurisdiction for a Certificate of Occupancy of any building that has a Fire Alarm System. My contract is valid through June of next year!

Do you mean when you filled out the form you had to go back 10 years? This would be standard.

I really don't want to bust your "contract" expectations, hope the best for you. These recruiters use the word contract very loosely. In reality it means very little, once you are there, you will have a position as long they need you, no more.

The military and their plans are very fluid, they change overnight. One day they have a site slated for closure in a few months, then decide to keep it open. At another site that is suppose to stay around awhile, they will decide to close to with little notice at all. Both of those situations affect manning requirements.

21 months ago

Most of the current readers here were not around during the original LOGCAP contracts in Iraq, nor do they remember the end.

To all the potential new hires

When Iraq was closing down they were still sending new hires, guys and gals that had quit their jobs in the US to seek better for their families.

There were many occasions of new hires getting all the way to Bagdad and being told the position they were hired for was no longer needed. Some were offered different positions, but a significant number were put back on a plane and sent home to wait on a call to come back. A call that never came.

Yes, this was a different company, but Fluor and DynCorp are no different better or worse than KBR was.

My point is, Have a plan B!

LOGCAP is not a career or a guarantee.

carolinabrother_APO_09354 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

21 months ago

Went Fishing in Trinidad and Tobago said: Most of the current readers here were not around during the original LOGCAP contracts in Iraq, nor do they remember the end.

To all the potential new hires

When Iraq was closing down they were still sending new hires, guys and gals that had quit their jobs in the US to seek better for their families.

There were many occasions of new hires getting all the way to Bagdad and being told the position they were hired for was no longer needed. Some were offered different positions, but a significant number were put back on a plane and sent home to wait on a call to come back. A call that never came.

Yes, this was a different company, but Fluor and DynCorp are no different better or worse than KBR was.

My point is, Have a plan B!

LOGCAP is not a career or a guarantee.

So True.....Again NO RESPECT OR DIGNITY this side of the ocean.

Stay away from Bagram Traffic and materials departments what ever you do....!!!

21 months ago

Went fishing is right..have Plan B ready!! you just might have to use it, ..me have my interview with MSC soon. already have my QMED and TWIC. The time with Afghanistan jobs is coming to a close. I have heard of just a FEW people being sent to gainsville. When was the last comment on this forum that =somebody is going to gainsville? Yes Dyncorp , Fluor ,and KBR personnel in Afghanistan are scrambling to find new employment, better to beat them to the job or compete against them for a job.
If you still do not think we were required to have a Afghanistan Visa. Well I have 4 Afghanistan Visa's in my 2nd passport, all required in customs at Kabul and Kandahar. They will not issue a boarding pass with out a Visa. All I can think of is you were flying out on a military aircraft, we always flew commercial. DFS out of Kandahar or SAFI out of Kabul airport. Attempt to get a flight with out a visa and your R&R time will be wasted. it takes 5-8 weeks to get your visa
last comment on these stupid visa's

donaldg in houston, Texas

21 months ago

I didn't have a visa in Afghanistan. I flew commercial from Kandahar to Dubai, and back, no visa needed. I flew MIL air Kandahar to Bragram to Kuwait and back needed visa in Kuwait, just took a few minutes to get. Did not need an Afghanistan visa ever.

As far as waiting for the call, be careful, my husband was waiting to go to Iraq and was sent an email from KBR that position was cancelled, this email came after waiting two months to hear back. Some of these companies are laying off in June, a lot of people are being let go. They will leave you hanging, so be mindful. This is really over, so it's best to find the next gig which is probably going to be Djibouti, Africa, once those funds are released, it should generate a lot of jobs. I wish everyone blessing.

tkcarpenter in New Britain, Connecticut

21 months ago

carman in San Diego, California said: honestly, Fluor would rather hire someone that they have to complete a new investigation on, they get paid for the paperwork process.

As far as Fluor is concerned there is no Visa of any sort. There are a few companies that get their employees Visas regardless on how they fly, and Fluor is not one of them, nor was KBR or DynCorp. MPRI, Raytheon, and the non-Logcap part of DynCorp were a few companies that did go thru the Afghan government .

I am very much aware of how the travel works as I can assure you I spent a significant amount of time doing it. I worked for 3 different companies during my time there and it was not that long ago that I left there. I still have several friends there that I speak to on a regular basis, the only future there will not be a LOGCAP contract , and even then will be pretty short lived.

humm gone fishin needs get with the times. An LOA is a completed back ground check with an expiration date on it. yes you can look at it . Yes you are right. Once you leave the LOA is inactive but the background check has been completed. But you background check with a new company will go much faster.
Dude don't know where you get your info, but you DO NEED a Afghan Visa if you are to travel in Afghanistan . been there many times. You need that visa and a stamp every time you go through customs.. Maybe if you are active duty Military flying a military aircraft you may not need one. Yes I have several in my passport working for DynCorp and KBR.
If you want to put out information .. just do it,,, this "I am better than you stuff" ...not to professional ..hack and slash on other sites ok..

Fishing is completely correct.Expat visas are not done by Fluor, they are done by each persons passport and you get stamped at passport control.Fluor only processes visas for OCN's.Your LOA and clearance are done by your hosting company.When you leave that company it is null and void.

tkcarpenter in New Britain, Connecticut

21 months ago

Traxx in the sand in Ft.Worth, Texas said: I have been in country working for Fluor for 3 years, and I'm still here. I have never had an Afghanistan visa,I have never been through Afghanistan customs, I go out of country every 60-90 days on R&r and don't see customs until I get to Dubai. U.S. expats don't need a visa in Dubai either. just sayin'

Yup totaly right,been here w/Fluor almost 1/2 decade. Lots of people spout all kinds of junk. Newbies beware. BTW this trip is ending soon, and Fluor is finding placement at other FOBs for some employees. If you are in Gville and wainting,don't hold your breath.

21 months ago

yes i will agree that the jobs in Afghanistan are coming to an end. Been there many years and I seen it coming a year ago. Other people I know are being sent home before their contract ends. Fluor is still posting jobs and accepting applications for Afghan jobs. My opinion...just a talent pool, this is probably why they are not calling people to g-ville.
tkcarpenter is right this trip is ending soon if not already
As far as the Visa stuff ..Though this was over.. well I guess comes down to where you work, ex-pats, citizenship and company. Been working on a DOS Base.. Every one needed a multiple entry visa (with the exception of local workers) FOB,s and other bases may fly in under different conditions, and to the airbase direct. If you want to know what a visa looks like I will send it to you, as I have many. Bottom line... there are those that have a visa and those that do not... let it go if we need visa's or NOT, the employer will notify us of the requirement.

steves wife in Michigan

21 months ago

Hey there Gone Fishing/Went Fishing!!!! Is there anyway you could email me I have some questions about a post you made. jclarkmls@gmail.com

It is nice to see you back on here. Started my own forum for wives because of all the crap on this site but regardless nice to see you here again.

21 months ago

steves wife in Michigan said: Hey there Gone Fishing/Went Fishing!!!! Is there anyway you could email me I have some questions about a post you made. jclarkmls@gmail.com

It is nice to see you back on here. Started my own forum for wives because of all the crap on this site but regardless nice to see you here again.

Sent you a note.

21 months ago

tkcarpenter in New Britain, Connecticut said: Yup totaly right,been here w/Fluor almost 1/2 decade. Lots of people spout all kinds of junk. Newbies beware. BTW this trip is ending soon, and Fluor is finding placement at other FOBs for some employees. If you are in Gville and wainting,don't hold your breath.

TK,

You and Trax been around a minute or 2, I remember when both of you started posting. Guess we were all newbies and one time or another. Still amazes me at some of the expectations.

I liked my time there and the many places before and really wasn't looking when this gig came up, I just couldn't refuse.

Anyway, keep your head down, stay away from the politics and BS, and save and release.

master electric in Taylorville, Illinois

21 months ago

JCW Fire in Smiths, Alabama said: Hi all I'm new to the forum here and have spent the last couple of days reading through the forum. The reason is I'm currently in the process of going through security clearances etc. for deployment to Afghanistan ! I'm hoping that some of you seasoned veterans could provide some knowledge of the process. So far my situation seems to be moving at a fairly fast pace. No date set for deployment at this time, however I am going through everything thing else pretty quickly.

I have never deployed before so any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hello JCW, You should have @ least 6 months of work maybe more. They have been looking for Fire Alarm Techs for awhile now. I have some buddies that are on the fire alarm crew. They are installing the systems and need someone to commission them. Most of the work is @ Bagram. Word is they will be working until November, but who knows that could change tomorrow. Good Luck

21 months ago

Got to have a Plan B... Took me 3 weeks to get this.....
***CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected for seagoing employment with Military Sealift Command for the 14-331-XXXXOC position. You will receive official correspondence within 14 business days from the Command with necessary details. If you have any questions about your application, please contact the CIVMAR Support Center at 1-888-
Fluor is just not hiring... accepting job applications, doing medical, dental, drug and background investigations. but when was the last time anybody here has heard of somebody getting called to go to g-ville??
Me... finish my last Afghanistan contract in Sept last year, and have been trying to get back in country on a new contract. 7 mo's going on 8, and all I get from Fluor is lip service..
If anybody gets sent over to Afghanistan and ends up at Camp Alvarado, or Camp Alvarez let me know.. have alot of friends there that can assist you

21 months ago

carman in San Diego, California said: Got to have a Plan B... Took me 3 weeks to get this.....
***CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected for seagoing employment with Military Sealift Command for the 14-331-XXXXOC position. You will receive official correspondence within 14 business days from the Command with necessary details. If you have any questions about your application, please contact the CIVMAR Support Center at 1-888-
Fluor is just not hiring... accepting job applications, doing medical, dental, drug and background investigations. but when was the last time anybody here has heard of somebody getting called to go to g-ville??
Me... finish my last Afghanistan contract in Sept last year, and have been trying to get back in country on a new contract. 7 mo's going on 8, and all I get from Fluor is lip service..
If anybody gets sent over to Afghanistan and ends up at Camp Alvarado, or Camp Alvarez let me know.. have alot of friends there that can assist you

20 Fluor new hires arrived on BAF 4/28/14

21 months ago

carman in San Diego, California said: Got to have a Plan B... Took me 3 weeks to get this.....

Congrats on your Plan B getting picked up. Wish you well.

21 months ago

Thanks Traxx. and the best of luck to the new hires, wish I could have been one of the new hires. It come down to two choices 1 wait and Fluor might call me to g-ville for a uncertain job, or 2 use my Engineering license with MSC for a job with a job security.
At least I will be making some good money instead of losing money waiting for a 'possible' phone call from Fluor. The job security with Fluor is uncertain, many people are being sent home mid-contract, because they have no need for their services any longer. My co-workers in Afghanistan are dusting off their resume's and scrambling for jobs else where.
Stay safe and good luck

Rockey in Kumanovo, Macedonia

19 months ago

I heared something about getting back the army in Iraq (and new jobs and opportunities with that)? Anyone have info about that or something? Is it true or just balcan people are talking?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

hvacccftih in Deadchester, Tennessee

19 months ago

I haven't been in country for about two years. Word on the street is that a lot of FOB's are shutting down,jobs are scarce and people are fighting for their jobs tooth and nail.

Billy McPeak in Alexander, Arkansas

17 months ago

[
To whom ever that is posting ,This is very untrue. Flour FGG is a very fine Corp. They do an I say again ,Take CARE of their people.
I have not read anything from employees that didn't get fired. So please do not blame Flour Corp for your down fall.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

elvideo in Lansing, Michigan

15 months ago

Last comment was deleted why?

LOGCAP Africa info? Anyone have any? Longevity of the program? Was offerred a position today.

Master Plumber in Waco, Texas

15 months ago

I will be heading out as well. Just got hired over the phone. Fluor called me up and said we want you. That was last week and my medical is in 2 days. I was out of country for 1 year so the Military accepted my SF85 I didnt have to re-do all the paperwork.

Ouiser2014 in Mount Airy, North Carolina

15 months ago

Has anyone got a call on the latest jobs posted on the Fluor page??

Devil Dawg in Phenix City, Alabama

15 months ago

Great information. Im prior service (8 years experience between logistics & hr ) submitting a resume now. Any advice I should keep in mind? Ive been down & out as of late & want to make sure I have the right funds & equipment if this thing goes through. Wish me luck & please keep the discussions going!

qrf in Los Angeles, California

14 months ago

Does anyone know how to get hired on with Fluor? I applied to many positions 6 months ago and still have not heard anything. It now says I can't apply to anymore jobs because I have applied to too many. Do you have to already have a secret security clearance or do they get one for you?

Source in Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina

12 months ago

All of West Africa Task Order 13 (Liberia & Senegal) positions are being canceled! It is a "low budget" project and currently, they don`t need any new hires!

12 months ago

Got my date today. I head up north with Fluor on Feb the 15th.

12 months ago

Master Plumber in Waco, Texas said: Got my date today. I head up north with Fluor on Feb the 15th.

Where you hired for Afghanistan or West Africa?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

AFG

12 months ago

Good luck and stay safe! If you end up in Bagram, it will be busy, but they used to have a really good plumbing crew! You are going to enjoy it!

Master Plumber

12 months ago

Bagram is my first stop. Not sure if it's my assigned FOB. Managed the TK shop in the south. What's the north like?

12 months ago

Everyone I know agrees that North is better and since you have experience in Afg, I`m sure you fill fit in just fine! It`s been almost two years since I got out from over there, but as far as I know, they still have majority of the same guys over there. At first, it will look like it`s a total mess (too many people) but it actually runs pretty smoothly! Anyway, good luck once again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

12 months ago

Yah .. I came home for a year and a half after my FOB shut down. Didnt feel like being sent to KAF. Always hated traveling through there.

Kevin in Champlin, Minnesota

12 months ago

MN Sparky in Excelsior, Minnesota said: How about does a master electrician go about making more $$$$???? I suppose first bring the master license and then what?? Do you have to make it know to some one in GV?? I'm going over there and want to make sure make as much as can. I leave May 8 to GV, for electrician job.

If you have a current Master Electrician license and are seeking work email me kevinpcbsg@yahoo.com

nightman12 in Weirton, West Virginia

10 months ago

sandra defoy in Michigan said: Hi all, husband was offered a job with ITT, has anybody got any information on this company
and the health ins? any help would be appreciated.

i have a email not sure if it is still good but worth a try

10 months ago

thermos567 in Seattle, Washington said: just got the good to go with flour i am supposed to go as a heavy truck driver fuels i don't want to go for anything less than a year dont want to pay taxes recruiter keeps telling me i am going for a year but everyone know recruiters how they lie

hey im trying to get in touch with a recruiter does anyone have a name and number i can get

10 months ago

nightman12 in Weirton, West Virginia said: i have a email not sure if it is still good but worth a try

melaniewhite@ittsystem.com also thomas.weber@itt.com hope it helps

10 months ago

Kevin in Champlin, Minnesota said: If you have a current Master Electrician license and are seeking work email me kevinpcbsg@yahoo.com

do u have a name and number of a recruiter for fluor i can get i was over with kbr and want to go back over

10 months ago

donaldg in houston, Texas said: I didn't have a visa in Afghanistan . I flew commercial from Kandahar to Dubai, and back, no visa needed. I flew MIL air Kandahar to Bragram to Kuwait and back needed visa in Kuwait, just took a few minutes to get. Did not need an Afghanistan visa ever.

As far as waiting for the call, be careful, my husband was waiting to go to Iraq and was sent an email from KBR that position was cancelled, this email came after waiting two months to hear back. Some of these companies are laying off in June, a lot of people are being let go. They will leave you hanging, so be mindful. This is really over, so it's best to find the next gig which is probably going to be Djibouti, Africa, once those funds are released, it should generate a lot of jobs. I wish everyone blessing.

do u have any more info on the africa job coming up

D427 in The Northeast

5 months ago

nightman12 in Weirton, West Virginia said: melaniewhite@ittsystem.com also thomas.weber@itt.com hope it helps

Wow, those must be some old contact emails. It's been a while since ITT has been ITT or are they still using the same email addresses?

Fluor is still hiring, one of my buddies went through Greenville as a log tech about 2 months ago, he's currently at BAF.

Same ol same ol as the end of Iraq, people quit, get fired they need to fill high mission demand positions like log techs, rtch operators on a limited basis. No end of LOGCAP in sight in AFG but the mass hiring are over.

Unless the US sends large amount of troops back to Iraq (which we won't) there won't be a LOGCAP there, the LOGCAP program, much like Georgia when the Russians invaded bugged out from the country when ISIL took a big chunk of it, ones of my buddies was working the DoS LOGCAP contract (yes, that makes no sense) at Irbil. He got lifted out when things got too hot - he had been with LOGCAP since the early days of Iraq and didn't want to leave for the green Fluor/ITT pastures in AFG.

It's a SF and USAF mission in Iraq and neither like LOGCAP - the USAF actually has AFCAP.

Keep checking those Vectrus (ITT), Fluor and DynCorp pages for LOGCAP jobs. Hooking up is unlikely but you never know.

Just thought I'd keep the forum a little updated and active. I started posting (and reading) here when I went to Iraq with KBR in 2008.

And Carman, was in AFG for 2 years, never needed or got a Afghan visa. You might have needed them on other projects but not LOGCAP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   215  216  217  218   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.