LOGCAP IV INFO

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 10889)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Wanttowork in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

Thank you for the info on Fluor recruiter. Could not make the one today. Did anyone go? Are they helpful? Do we add 3 hrs for GMT or just take the GMT straight without any additions. Getting mixed messages on Daylight Savings Time or no DST. Thanks for any info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lcgipson in Austin, Texas

60 months ago

Here in the central time zone.....-Gmt = -6 hours from the posted time. So if you see 1400 to 1600, that means it starts @ 0800 here in the central time zone and so on, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California

60 months ago

Anyone have any luck with the on line virtual recruiter today? I was told my resume will be forwarded to the recruiter that handles the hiring for my line of work(vector control).
Not sure that to make of that comment. But I hope its a good thing.....I'm not holding my breath though

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas

60 months ago

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California said: Anyone have any luck with the on line virtual recruiter today? I was told my resume will be forwarded to the recruiter that handles the hiring for my line of work(vector control).
Not sure that to make of that comment. But I hope its a good thing.....I'm not holding my breath though

I had heard somewhere that the actual manager does the hiring selects people he knows. I hope he has changed his mind about doing things that way but i guess they are not like KBR bring you train you and put you to work. I guess at fluor they do things different. Stay positive sir.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ernie

60 months ago

Ive been trying to get a response from a recruiter now for weeks this is the first ive heard of a virtual recruiter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Thank you lcgipson for the clarification. I'll catch the next one. Good Luck Chris! I hope that isn't the way they do business Ksniper777 but unfortunately, that is generally the way a lot of the job market works. Leaves a lot of good people (workers) out in the cold.

Old Timer in New Albany, Mississippi

60 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: I had heard somewhere that the actual manager does the hiring selects people he knows. I hope he has changed his mind about doing things that way but i guess they are not like KBR bring you train you and put you to work. I guess at fluor they do things different. Stay positive sir.

Hello ksniper. I have worked for KBR and Fluor. I have also been in the position of hiring people. If possible I will hire people who I have worked with before as opposed to someone I don't know. At least with people I know I know what to expect from them.If I only have a resume I really don't know for sure what a erson is really like.

60 months ago

Just a future reference to all....If you dont have a passport or if you need more pages and are trying to get on with any of these contracting companies expedite the process. PAY FOR THE EXPEDITED sevice, you just never know.
I paid for the expedited serivce to get more pages added and got my passport back in 8 days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ladslow in Denver, Colorado

60 months ago

lcgipson in Austin, Texas said: Just a future reference to all....If you dont have a passport or if you need more pages and are trying to get on with any of these contracting companies expedite the process. PAY FOR THE EXPEDITED sevice, you just never know.
I paid for the expedited serivce to get more pages added and got my passport back in 8 days.

Hey Lcgipson, How'd your medical go? I was also going to ask if you knew anything about the SF85 response times recently.....ie when did you turn it in and have you heard back from security? Hope all is going smooth for you. Thanks

60 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: I had heard somewhere that the actual manager does the hiring selects people he knows. I hope he has changed his mind about doing things that way but i guess they are not like KBR bring you train you and put you to work. I guess at fluor they do things different. Stay positive sir.

Always positive...........the job search continues....Thanks..

missneka in Kansas

60 months ago

I was told the same thing by the virtual recruiter as well.

missneka in Kansas

60 months ago

I was on this Am it was kinda helpful, but it left to the point no holding my breath for a recruiter to call me soon. I was told my resume will be forwarded to a recruiter when position is ava.

60 months ago

ladslow in Denver, Colorado said: Hey Lcgipson, How'd your medical go? I was also going to ask if you knew anything about the SF85 response times recently.....ie when did you turn it in and have you heard back from security? Hope all is going smooth for you. Thanks

Medical is clear, they are settin me up for all immunization shots next week. My Sf85 has already been turned in, have not heard back from security yet.

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas

60 months ago

I was just wondering , if anybody else here has trouble getting in touch with your recruiter. I have medical dental done, got immunizations, made corrections to sf-85p,
my recruiter wont return emails or phone call for 5 days now. So I was just curious if anyone else has this problem , or should I be worried. thanks

60 months ago

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas said: I was just wondering , if anybody else here has trouble getting in touch with your recruiter. I have medical dental done, got immunizations, made corrections to sf-85p,
my recruiter wont return emails or phone call for 5 days now. So I was just curious if anyone else has this problem , or should I be worried. thanks

Just my opinion.....but I would say it's fairly normal......It seems to me that the system they run is compartmentalized....your recruiter just may not have iformation from security to give you....he/she may be wainting to find something out before returning your call.....Like I say....pure speculation, but it's probably cool.
When did you originally hand in your SF85? I'm still in that waiting game :)....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Well, I went from Under Consideration to No Longer Under Consideration in the same day. Glad for those who are doing better and hope better for those who are still waiting.

60 months ago

Wanttowork in Houston, Texas said: Well, I went from Under Consideration to No Longer Under Consideration in the same day. Glad for those who are doing better and hope better for those who are still waiting.

I got one in there that still shows "Under Review" since Jan 20. Hopefully our turn will come soon.

Doug Bryson in Atlanta, Georgia

60 months ago

I have had a pile of submittal's pending review for quite a while. Is this normal?

jeremyjms06 in Phenix City, Alabama

60 months ago

Doug Bryson in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have had a pile of submittal's pending review for quite a while. Is this normal?

same here

Naim Aliu in Stoughton, Wisconsin

60 months ago

I am applying since Nov 09 and still no calls, i guess i just have to wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Proleter in Strumica, Macedonia

60 months ago

Same here. Pending Review since December.

My guess is that my resume is not that keyword friendly, so when the software sorts the resumes, mine stays somewhere in the bottom of the pile. Just like Google: You don't even look at the pages that are beyond 5 or 6th page. :)

60 months ago

I had three that said Under Consideration that now say No longer Under Consideration. Don't think my resume is the problem. I have more than enough experience. Don't know why I can not get to the next phase. Maybe it is just not meant to be.

jeremyjms06 in Phenix City, Alabama

60 months ago

Wanttowork in Houston, Texas said: I had three that said Under Consideration that now say No longer Under Consideration. Don't think my resume is the problem. I have more than enough experience. Don't know why I can not get to the next phase. Maybe it is just not meant to be.

I know it sucks, and like everyone says don't quit your day job in hopes of getting on... all you can do is keep applying.... I applied to KBR for over a year and a half before I finally got the call to go.

60 months ago

Wish I had a day job. Only work contract and part-time. WOW! Over a year and a half. I commend your persistence. Thanks for the encouragement. Maybe I can still make it.

lyte504 in houston, Texas

60 months ago

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas said: I was just wondering , if anybody else here has trouble getting in touch with your recruiter. I have medical dental done, got immunizations, made corrections to sf-85p,

just talked to a recruiter and he said he has a bunch of jobs their all on hold. so maybe thats the problem. these companies don't seem to care about what people are going through to get these jobs. i just found out dyncorp just sent 13people back for unknown things that they should have found out before they had people quit their jobs. i wish everyone luck!

60 months ago

lyte504 in houston, Texas said: just talked to a recruiter and he said he has a bunch of jobs their all on hold. so maybe thats the problem. these companies don't seem to care about what people are going through to get these jobs. i just found out dyncorp just sent 13people back for unknown things that they should have found out before they had people quit their jobs. i wish everyone luck!

They don't care about what the people are going through it is all about profit margin. Dyncorp probably charged the government for bringing those folks in and then sent them home.

Nashville Kat in Tennessee

60 months ago

missneka in Kansas said: There is also a new virtual recruiter schedule up for the month of March and April on the WorkAtFluor.com site.

I noticed this morning that FLUOR's virtual recruiter schedule has been altered to read.........

"Please monitor this page for more information on upcoming invitation-only Online Recruiting Events."

Wonder what that's all about??

Ya'll have a great Monday!
Kathy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

trey4u in Mobile, Alabama

60 months ago

Just a heads up for anyone that has submitted their SF85P to Fluor. If you get hired plan on making corrections to your SF85P when you get here. The ladies in Industrial Security make sure every T is crossed and every I is dotted before it's submitted. It's really a good thing since it takes 36-39 days for it to get approved by the gov't. If they find a flaw and send it back, you're looking at anoother 36-39 days. One thing I had to change was my most recent employer, I had to change it and put Fluor as my most recent employer even though I wasn't working for them until I got here. Once you get here they tell you to make that kind of change.

60 months ago

The latest rumor is that the Army is having a big push and there aren't enough cots for them and civilians so no one is going over until after the 15th. That "might" be a reason for recruiters slowing down a bit. Fluor is taking over a LOT of fob's from KBR and building around 14 new ones so they will need more people, hang in there.

andyg in Killeen, Texas

60 months ago

Does anyone know the average time from getting an offer to going to Greenville? And what is MDC?

60 months ago

Nashville Kat in Tennessee said: I noticed this morning that FLUOR's virtual recruiter schedule has been altered to read.........

"Please monitor this page for more information on upcoming invitation-only Online Recruiting Events."

Wonder what that's all about??

Ya'll have a great Monday!
Kathy

I guess so many people are flooding the event that they will only invite those who they have resumes on file and or interested in hiring.

TLCanman in Elkins, Arkansas

60 months ago

andyg in Killeen, Texas said: Does anyone know the average time from getting an offer to going to Greenville? And what is MDC?

offer to greenville- two months, if you do everything in a timely manner. Mobilization Deployment Center

Nashville Kat in Tennessee

60 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: I guess so many people are flooding the event that they will only invite those who they have resumes on file and or interested in hiring.

Hummmmmm.......I thought the same thing.

Roush in Columbia, Tennessee

60 months ago

Just wondering, would it be wise to contact a recruiter by email or do you think that they dont want to be bothered like that?

60 months ago

Roush in Columbia, Tennessee said: Just wondering, would it be wise to contact a recruiter by email or do you think that they dont want to be bothered like that?

IMO, I don't think it's wise but it would not hurt. Others, I as well, have sent resumes to recruiters with less than positive results. The recruiters get many resumes every day. Some throw hail marys and it is rare that they do get somthing positive. Unless it's a referral for a particular job, then, maybe. Many people here just put in thier time waiting and applying and revising thier resume. It seemed to work for them. Some get called real quick. Some wait many months. I'm in line waiting too. Still applying. Everyone here says to hang in there, keep applying........worked for them shen it should work for me (us).
Reading prior posts on this forum is where I got some information.

Roush in Columbia, Tennessee

60 months ago

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California said: IMO, I don't think it's wise but it would not hurt. Others, I as well, have sent resumes to recruiters with less than positive results. The recruiters get many resumes every day. Some throw hail marys and it is rare that they do get somthing positive. Unless it's a referral for a particular job, then, maybe. Many people here just put in thier time waiting and applying and revising thier resume. It seemed to work for them. Some get called real quick. Some wait many months. I'm in line waiting too. Still applying. Everyone here says to hang in there, keep applying........worked for them shen it should work for me (us).
Reading prior posts on this forum is where I got some information.

Thanks for your honest opinion Chris, Like i said i was just wondering, but I don't want the recruiters to put me on some kind of list or something. I have 3 brother in laws over there now 1 don't know where he's at, but got the emails to recruiters of 3 companies. My 1 bro-in law has helped a little but haven't heard anything back. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Old Timer in New Albany, Mississippi

60 months ago

I have posted this before but U will post it again. Fluor uses a staffing agency for all recruiting. It is TRS Staffing Solutions. The have several offices in the US and you can get plenty of info from their website.

60 months ago

ladslow in Denver, Colorado said: Hey Lcgipson, How'd your medical go? I was also going to ask if you knew anything about the SF85 response times recently.....ie when did you turn it in and have you heard back from security? Hope all is going smooth for you. Thanks

Wassup Ladslow!!!! Just chillin like you, waiting on the SF85...spoke to my recruiter already about projected time into SC.
All my stuff has been completed, got my shots yesterday, arms are sore.

60 months ago

trey4u in Mobile, Alabama said: The latest rumor is that the Army is having a big push and there aren't enough cots for them and civilians so no one is going over until after the 15th. That "might" be a reason for recruiters slowing down a bit. Fluor is taking over a LOT of fob's from KBR and building around 14 new ones so they will need more people, hang in there.

When you get a chance, email me at "lcgipson2005@hotmail.com". I want to ask u some questions about SC, MDC.
Ladslow and myself are just chillin', waitin to be moved to SC;)

60 months ago

lcgipson in Austin, Texas said: Wassup Ladslow!!!! Just chillin like you, waiting on the SF85...spoke to my recruiter already about projected time into SC.
All my stuff has been completed, got my shots yesterday, arms are sore.

Just found out.....looks like Greenville on the 20th.

Both my shoulders were sore for a couple of days.....I ended up getting 5 shots. Glad it wasn't more

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nabisko32 in Hollywood, Florida

60 months ago

ladslow in Denver, Colorado said: Just found out.....looks like Greenville on the 20th.

Both my shoulders were sore for a couple of days.....I ended up getting 5 shots. Glad it wasn't more

how long did your process take?

60 months ago

nabisko32 in Hollywood, Florida said: how long did your process take?

A couple of months

60 months ago

ladslow in Denver, Colorado said: Just found out.....looks like Greenville on the 20th.

Congrats! I've been in Greenville 6 weeks so they flew me home for R&R this weekend. They'll give you 5-7 days at home after you've been there a month if you want it but since we're getting paid while in Greenville I'm heading back Monday. Base pay plus $56/day per diem and I'm banking most of that food money (I eat cheap)

I got 3 shots in each arm but was only sore from the tetanus shot.

60 months ago

Thank yuou Trey, you pretty much summed up what I wanted to know.

60 months ago

What does it mean when it shows "Tier II position with Tier II benefits platform" in certain job descriptions?

andyg in Canton, Texas

60 months ago

After the first 2 weeks of MDC are over what do they have you doing?

Daneris Cruz in Milford, New Hampshire

60 months ago

Roush in Columbia, Tennessee said: Thanks for your honest opinion Chris, Like i said i was just wondering, but I don't want the recruiters to put me on some kind of list or something. I have 3 brother in laws over there now 1 don't know where he's at, but got the emails to recruiters of 3 companies. My 1 bro-in law has helped a little but haven't heard anything back. Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. Do recruiters negatively mark profiles of canidates who contact them, for example by sending 1 email to a recruiter? Or do people have to bombard recruiters to get on a negative list.

60 months ago

Daneris Cruz in Milford, New Hampshire said: I was wondering the same thing. Do recruiters negatively mark profiles of canidates who contact them, for example by sending 1 email to a recruiter? Or do people have to bombard recruiters to get on a negative list.

if they say to stand by and they will contact you then wait. Follow up every other week. if you bombard a recruiter then you will just ignore your calls and emails. so don't contact them every week or like some do and you end up not being offered a position. Persitance yes (weekly or bi weekly contact), overall harassment(every other day) not good.

60 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: if they say to stand by and they will contact you then wait. Follow up every other week. if you bombard a recruiter then you will just ignore your calls and emails. so don't contact them every week or like some do and you end up not being offered a position. Persitance yes (weekly or bi weekly contact), overall harassment(every other day) not good.

Follow up, with Fluor i have information that is the hiring manager knows you or knows your work they will call. If not you are pretty much out of luck. I know this from experiance.

Daneris Cruz in Milford, New Hampshire

60 months ago

Ksniper777 in San Antonio, Texas said: if they say to stand by and they will contact you then wait. Follow up every other week. if you bombard a recruiter then you will just ignore your calls and emails. so don't contact them every week or like some do and you end up not being offered a position. Persitance yes (weekly or bi weekly contact), overall harassment(every other day) not good.

Well I have emailed recruiters, four to be exact but I only sent them one email each. I was not sure what area they hire in, and of course none of them ever contacted me back. I will not contact them again unless they email me, makes me think that my qualifications must be very low, or maybe they do not hire in the areas I am applying in (admini)and so they do not bother emailing me. Which is fine I understand they cannot waste their time emailing every random person that contacts them.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.