LOGCAP IV INFO

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 10880)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

jbello10 in Morristown, New Jersey

57 months ago

Hello all,

Does anyone know how can I send my resume to a Fluor recruiter directly? I have been applying on the website for a year now and no luck.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lcgipson in Austin, Texas

57 months ago

Hey Chris Twopher, have u been contacted yet by Fluor?
I officially head to Greenville on the 17th. Im so ready to get back overseas to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California

57 months ago

lcgipson in Austin, Texas said: Hey Chris Twopher, have u been contacted yet by Fluor?
I officially head to Greenville on the 17th. Im so ready to get back overseas to work.

Negative contact so far. My job submission status still shows "Under Consideration" on one and I have "Under review" on about 7 others. I'm waiting for a call though. I hear they are backed up over there. I hope soon they clear up over there so they can get more people in for processing, including myself. Patience and time is all I have right now. Crossing my fingers too.
Glad that you are officially going to Greenville. It took a while though but I guess it was worth the wait. I guess the back-up had a lot to do with it considering you were a direct-req.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sparkyswife in Crappie Town, North Carolina

57 months ago

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: Thank you that whats I was wanting to explain about 4200.00. I confirmed with hubby and it is 3600.00 for RR pay with Fluor. And 45 days for first RR is for those in the transition- u know who were coming up on one with KBR but missed out--you knwo where just shy of leaving for a RR with KBR. Direct hires its, 91 days overseas before you can take your first RR. In fact they--fluor-- have the days down to a science as far as the 'soonest' when you can take each RR in your yr. Yes, you can delay it--take em later if you like. But as Kevndev mentioned you do have to take your RR--leave country- to get your RR pay with Fluor. Best of luck everyone.

First I wanted to say HELlO to all of the ones I remember on here!! I am going to question this because my husband left KBR in Jan. after 15 months to go to Fluor, in which he was a month short of R&R and was told he 1st R&R is April 27th....in which of course I have his plane tickets already. But if he was supposed to be able to take it earlier I want him to ask about this.

Anyway, he sayes in Bagram he is in with A LOT of people as there is no room because of the transition still taking place. He was CJOA with KBR and really doent like it in Bagram as much as he liked the FOBs. Plus I think being almost 6 months of not being home isnt helping.....Once he gets his R&R in maybe it will get better. Otherwise, Fluor has been good, Insurance is cheaper, Cigna International, and if the $ works out with all the R&Rs added up and of course the sign on bonus and the end of year bonus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

nabisko32 in Hollywood, Florida

57 months ago

Sparkyswife in Crappie Town, North Carolina said: First I wanted to say HELlO to all of the ones I remember on here!! I am going to question this because my husband left KBR in Jan. after 15 months to go to Fluor, in which he was a month short of R&R and was told he 1st R&R is April 27th....in which of course I have his plane tickets already. But if he was supposed to be able to take it earlier I want him to ask about this.

Anyway, he sayes in Bagram he is in with A LOT of people as there is no room because of the transition still taking place. He was CJOA with KBR and really doent like it in Bagram as much as he liked the FOBs. Plus I think being almost 6 months of not being home isnt helping.....Once he gets his R&R in maybe it will get better. Otherwise, Fluor has been good, Insurance is cheaper, Cigna International, and if the $ works out with all the R&Rs added up and of course the sign on bonus and the end of year bonus.

Can you email me I have some questions about the camp. Ashtirner32@yahoo.com

57 months ago

nabisko32 in Hollywood, Florida said: Can you email me I have some questions about the camp. Ashtirner32@yahoo.com

This email address is not working

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida

57 months ago

Sparkyswife in Crappie Town, North Carolina said:

When did he go over to Fluor in January? Is it going to be 91 days? There is another wife or two on here–whose husband moved from KBR to Fluor just recently with the transition and she mentioned 45 days for an RR with since his was due or there about soon. I am thinking it was mentioned he was coming up on a RR when the transition for him came up–which delayed what his RR would have been with KBR. Anyrate, welcome to the forum and hope everything works out well. My hubby passes through bagram for RRs and he say its crowded. Think they are working to fix that situation but Lord knows how long its going to take.

57 months ago

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: When did he go over to Fluor in January? Is it going to be 91 days? There is another wife or two on here–whose husband moved from KBR to Fluor just recently with the transition and she mentioned 45 days for an RR with since his was due or there about soon. I am thinking it was mentioned he was coming up on a RR when the transition for him came up–which delayed what his RR would have been with KBR. Anyrate, welcome to the forum and hope everything works out well. My hubby passes through bagram for RRs and he say its crowded. Think they are working to fix that situation but Lord knows how long its going to take.

OK, Hubbys just called me and is on the phone and sayes he could have took it at 45 days but no pay...Not good, lol. Yea they are supposed to be working on the situation over there, a slow progress at this point but hopefully soon.

57 months ago

And yes it will be over 91 days because of the flights going out. Waiting patiently....4 weeks to go.....

57 months ago

Sparkyswife in Crappie Town, North Carolina said: First I wanted to say HELlO to all of the ones I remember on here!! I am going to question this because my husband left KBR in Jan. after 15 months to go to Fluor, in which he was a month short of R&R and was told he 1st R&R is April 27th....in which of course I have his plane tickets already. But if he was supposed to be able to take it earlier I want him to ask about this.

sorry typo ashturner32@yahoo.com

57 months ago

nabisko32 in Hollywood, Florida said: sorry typo ashturner32@yahoo.com

Email sent!!

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida

57 months ago

Sparkyswife in Crappie Town, North Carolina said: And yes it will be over 91 days because of the flights going out. Waiting patiently....4 weeks to go.....

Oh, because of the flights going out? Are you talking about the charters out of? My hubby coming ups on his 3rd RR–end of May but he is arranging to put it off till early in June this time–so daughter’s out of school then--but point is, its been pretty good--the regularity of it–once we got into the swing of it. And by the time hubby gets back from his third RR, he will only be shy 2 mths or so of his EOC–so we have lost time–as in has not been exactly 91 days per-in between u know. But Hubby’s working in a smaller camp which may be a plus to factor in, as I do not know what complications these larger camps throw into the mix of what with the sure number they will have to deal with when the transition is complete and or in full swing. One can only imagine there will be bumps in the road.

We do schedule RRs early, like he gets back for his last and he is putting in for his next in a week or two and it’s a bit of a sticky wick as airfare is generally higher–early on. There’s that sweet spot u know where the prices of generally drop–somewhere in the area of 8-6-4 wks ahead–but it’s a variable. And we have always laid out the price for the more direct flights so he does not have to come home via a round about way through Europe too. =)

only other thing I can tell you is, they-the company-- have lived up to every promise made ( contractual) thus far. There have been complications–mainly in the category of living conditions–or lack there of–but that seems a given–due to the build up-- for most contractors and their reason for being there, the soldiers--over there and or going over there.

Hope the 4 wks passes quickly for you. =)

57 months ago

Thanks Koko, I remember back when your husband was switching over. I have tryed not to watch everything going on over there as much as I did the first 6-10 months of it. I have heard only good things that is why he finally made the switch to Fluor. Back last summer he had an opportunity to go to IAP, but they wanted him when we already had plans for Ireland, plus a little scared of jumping ship at that time. This way he transitioned while still in Afghanistan and no worries of having to go through all the medical/classes back here. I hope all works out for you. And I agree, I made the flight arrangements on his last 2 R&Rs with KBR and it is so much nicer than having to go through Europe. I have him coming straight through into Atlanta this time also...shortest flight available.
He sayes it will get better once the transition is over. I hope so the 3 year plan still has 1 and 1/2 years left to it!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tonys girl in California

57 months ago

I like Sparkyswife in Crappy Town , North Carolina. I think I will change my post name to read Tony'swife Bankrupt in California. California is in pretty bad shape right now. The only thing we have going for the state is the weather. My husband is in processing too and has been learning a lot about the company.

andyg in Briggs, Texas

57 months ago

There are quite a few Quality jobs listed on Fluors site since the 25th of March. You need to keep applying to jobs as they come up, I believe you can apply for up to 5 jobs a day and 20 in a month. I must have applied to 50 jobs before I finally got hired. Go to fluor.com, when you get to that page click on the Logcap IV picture then when the next page opens click on logcap IV jobs again and when the next page opens you need to register. Applying on the Fluor site is a pain but sometimes it takes a little pain. I am already in Greenville and I still go check the site every few days, I don't apply anymore but I check my jobs box all the time. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andyg in Briggs, Texas

57 months ago

My bad, work@fluor.com and fluor.com go to the same place so keep going and keep applying and make sure you have a good resume geared toward the job you are applying to with your qualifications right up front, they use a boolean type resume search when going thru job apps so make sure you have key words highlighted.

Sharon Giffard in Altamonte Springs

57 months ago

What are the names of the hotels they stay at in Dubai?

Jerm in Boise

57 months ago

lcgipson in Austin, Texas said: Hey Chris Twopher, have u been contacted yet by Fluor?

I have a GV date of 4/17 as well. I see you used to, or still do, talk with ladslow. I have talked with him a couple times since his arrival to GV---helpful and kind person. Have you got any paperwork, aside from the packing list, since your notification?

57 months ago

Jerm in Boise said: I have a GV date of 4/17 as well. I see you used to, or still do, talk with ladslow. I have talked with him a couple times since his arrival to GV---helpful and kind person. Have you got any paperwork, aside from the packing list, since your notification?

No other paperwork besides the packing list they sent in the beginning.
I was told by my recruiter, no need to bring sleeping bag and the weight limit is 100 lbs. I am bringing my international suitcase and my backpack. That is all. Then I will have a footlocker ready to ship and have family send it when I get to my designated site.
They will send all your info 2 days prior to your flight date via email.

Jerm in Boise

57 months ago

Got the same---2 days prior=plane tix. What kind of stuff do you suggest having the family send in the chest? Trying to gather info that will make life a lil better. Thanks for your reply.

57 months ago

Extra clothes, bedding, toiletries, another pair of shoes.

Orabella in Florida

57 months ago

Sharon Giffard in Altamonte Springs said: What are the names of the hotels they stay at in Dubai?

Hi tried to call you back hon. Did you get the info for the places you looking for is:

They stay at the Star metro- going and the Hallmark coming back. So I guessing you are looking go for into on Hallmark. Put Hallmark Dubia in search engine and it will pull up contact info for. Best of luck on your surgery.

Orabella in Florida

57 months ago

lcgipson in Austin, Texas said: No other paperwork besides the packing list they sent in the beginning.
I was told by my recruiter, no need to bring sleeping bag and the weight limit is 100 lbs. I am bringing my international suitcase and my backpack. That is all. Then I will have a footlocker ready to ship and have family send it when I get to my designated site.
They will send all your info 2 days prior to your flight date via email.

Hi you do not have to take a sleeping bag, its true, but tell you what, they do come in pretty handy–special in Afghanistan as some of the bedding in the tent cities are not always the best. We picked up this cue when hubby signed on to go overseas–over a yr ago now–from others. & he now always travels with his sleeping bag–coming and going on Rrs too. Its one of those space-age-like micro light weight one–weighted less than a 1 ½ and take up very little space.

I just wanted to add as far as packing, that you might want to put together a small medical/ first aid kit. With vitamins, band aids, antibacterial cut ointment, fever and pain reliever, allergy and or sinus med–air and dust can irritant, OTC cold and Flu medicines so you have these at your finger tips. We also sent sun-block and insect spray. Yes, you can get most of this stuff at the PXs if there is one available–a PX- and if they have it in stock. But these items are also more costly to buy over there.

Orabella in Florida

57 months ago

Jerm in Boise said: Got the same---2 days prior=plane tix. What kind of stuff do you suggest having the family send in the chest? Trying to gather info that will make life a lil better. Thanks for your reply.

As far as a foot locker later. LOL I think my husband has about four of em now–but he is in a more perm camp–least for now. After a while you do begin to acquire things LOL–he also understand if he moves he will be leaving a good deal of his creature comforts behind. But what to send over in foot locker? Well, consider your own bedding–yes, they will issue you some but not always the highest quality so if you want soft sheets, u might want to buy your own. Some of the mattresses suck too. And there are those egg crate foam mattress pad you can get–up to four inches deep. You can order them or pick at walmart most times–they do tend to run out of em–go out of stock of–so I figure there has been a run on em. =) Some venders on ebay also sale em.

A lot of what you decide you want over there depends on personal tastes, what allowed and space that is available. In the early mths after hubby went from Iraq to afghanistan, I was sending a lot of food/ can goods and snack foods as well as a crock pot for him to heat it up in. They were on MREs only for a few mths as the defac had not but built yet.

But I think the best creature comfort item to have is something to play movies on during your down time–like a person dvd player, or your lap top. I just ended up sending a DVD player to hubby so his laptop did not get overly used every night with dvds. Best of luck.

bman1 in Houston, Texas

57 months ago

andyg in Briggs, Texas said: My bad, work@fluor.com and fluor.com go to the same place so keep going and keep applying and make sure you have a good resume geared toward the job you are applying to with your qualifications right up front, they use a boolean type resume search when going thru job apps so make sure you have key words highlighted.

This is how i got hired!! I would highly recommed using the virtual site.You will do a live chat with actual recruiters

57 months ago

Proleter in Strumica, Macedonia said: The online recruiting sessions are invitation only.

How is one invited? Thru e-mail or do you just wait for a schedule to appear...?

57 months ago

Has there been a recent invitation-only Online Recruiting Event lateley?

Proleter in Strumica, Macedonia

57 months ago

Not that I've heard of/I haven't been invited to one. :)

Daneris Cruz in Milford, New Hampshire

57 months ago

I wonder if they started giving out invitations yet. I am still applying to various companies but I have not had any positive news. Congratulations to those that have been hired!:-D I wish that kbr had status update feature as Fluor does, but from what i can see in my own profile it appears they do not.

57 months ago

Dyn has similar updates but not as detailed like Fluor's.

Jason Looney in Groveland, Florida

57 months ago

kevndev in Killeen, Texas said: ITT is the one's who pay 4200 per RR. Thats because they dont pay you any hourly pay while youre on RR. Fluor pays you 3600 but also pays you 8 hours a day at 80% uplift for 9 days. Also, with Fluor you can go on your first RR after 45 days, but you only get paid for 4 or 5 days of the 9 because you only earned half of the days paid. Make sense ? Basically, for every month you work, you get a certain amount of hours earned paid time off (RR) . And for ITT, you get the 4200 whether you go on rr or not. With Fluor, you HAVE to take the RR to get the 3600. If you do not go on RR with Fluor, you do not get the 3600.

They do pay you 40 hours per week straight time if you have the vacation time saved up. You earn 3 vacation days per month and when scheduling vacations you dont use it up on the weekends, saturdays and sundays dont require vacation time. So for 16 days worth of vacation you only need 9 days of vacation time. Travel time is paid once leaving dubai and for returning. We can use 4 travel days each trip if we choose to do so. $4200 does get paid regardless of if you go on vacation or not every 90 days

Jason Looney in Groveland, Florida

57 months ago

Just skimming through old posts and want to add my 2 cents on housing.

On the big bases such as Bagram, they will more than likely house you in a 200 man bunkbed "circus tent" or a 450 man bunkbed "clamshell". You will be sleeping on the top bunk with your face about 1 foot from the tent. The ac units do not provide adequate heat at all. While I was there going on R&R (air ops sent me there 4 days before dfs to dubai) I slept in the mwr in the kbr village on a couch but upon my return from R&R they converted it into an office so that option is no longer available.

I work on Fenty and it is expanding noticeably. We dont have near the overcrowding problem here. Aside from our bhuts and 2 transient tents we have 6 regular tents recently added for extra bed space. I'm sure more are to come, but I dont us getting a circus tent here.

On bagram all of the new personnel are being corralled into the warrior side of the base which is a good hour bus ride from the main stretch. 30 minute ride on the new express bus they have going from warrior to kbr village and back (only stops for this bus). There is a 40 foot container that is the px on the warrior side. The defac currently is in a tent. From what I've heard a massive building I saw built there will become the new defac once everything is completed on the interior

Staples1217 in Tucson, Arizona

57 months ago

Does anybody have any information about fuels distribution operator jobs in Afghanistan? Are they looking to hire more? I saw 3 posted about a week ago, but nothing after that. Also is there a hiring freeze?

carlosymaria in Austin, Texas

57 months ago

tkcarpenter in New Britain, Connecticut said: i don't know.resume on fluor's site and prayer

tk, can you email me? i was hoping to get a few questions answered. i'd appreciate it! and congrats on the hire!

carlosymaria in Austin, Texas

57 months ago

carlosymaria in Austin, Texas said: tk, can you email me? i was hoping to get a few questions answered. i'd appreciate it! and congrats on the hire!

calderadesign@yahoo.com

salty dog 2 in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina

57 months ago

Chris Twopher in Fremont, California said: Dyn has similar updates but not as detailed like Fluor's.

just got the call from the dyna-corp recruiter!!! he left a message stating he wants to offer me a postion in afgan, I heard they have the southern parts? does any one have any information about them over there in Iraq there some on my base but only police advisors, any information would be great

tkcarpenter in New Britain, Connecticut

57 months ago

carlosymaria in Austin, Texas said: calderadesign@yahoo.com

what's up,what can i do for ya

57 months ago

salty dog 2 in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina said: just got the call from the dyna-corp recruiter!!! he left a message stating he wants to offer me a postion in afgan, I heard they have the southern parts? does any one have any information about them over there in Iraq there some on my base but only police advisors, any information would be great

I have NOT been hearing good things.Problems w/payroll,food,housing,laundry,etc.Try mssparky.com lots of info there about Dyncor

57 months ago

tkcarpenter in New Britain, Connecticut said: I have NOT been hearing good things.Problems w/payroll,food,housing,laundry,etc.Try mssparky.com lots of info there about Dyncor

yea I just read it, I
was in a small fob with 14 guys in Iraq and survived, alot of people think they should be living in certain conditions, bu this is war and you have to make due and focus on other things. The hiring manager that requested me said it's rough but no pay problems!!! that's all I care about i can sleep any where, heck we had interpreters pacing off at the base I was at and they washed closes in the showers etc.... and fluor hasn't got back to me yet so I figure get over there and the rest will work it self out.

57 months ago

salty dog 2 in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina said: yea I just read it, I
was in a small fob with 14 guys in Iraq and survived, alot of people think they should be living in certain conditions, bu this is war and you have to make due and focus on other things. The hiring manager that requested me said it's rough but no pay problems!!! that's all I care about i can sleep any where, heck we had interpreters pacing off at the base I was at and they washed closes in the showers etc.... and fluor hasn't got back to me yet so I figure get over there and the rest will work it self out.

I hear ya.we all gotta do what we have to.just keep lookin up and you'll be fine

57 months ago

They just emailed me my ticket this morning. I can't wait!!!!

Jerm in Boise

57 months ago

salty dog 2 in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina said: Recruiter called me today and request passport dr license ss card, he said they do all processing at home which takes 7-10 days so I'm set to go to fort worth texas on the 24th, he said i will be there 4-5 days doing the mandatory classes, boring but at least there getting smart instead of treating you like cattle you go once all is cleared!! I know this is primarily a "fluor" site but I think all potential contractors have questions and I will help the best I can.

Who is it with? Recruiters are deceptive at times. My buddy got a call similar to yours and was then put off after the big build up. I'm not saying that will happen to you, truly hope not. I wouldn't get hopes to high until you get a plane ticket. Not raining on your parade, very excited for you.

Jerm in Boise

57 months ago

That's awesome. Congrats. Best of luck. What do you do, what company did you get the opportunity with? Curious is all.

57 months ago

I'm going over with fluor.

Jerm in Boise

57 months ago

nabisko32 in Hollywood, Florida said: I'm going over with fluor.

When do you leave? What's your job? I'm heading over 4/17

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

57 months ago

salty dog 2 in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina said: Recruiter called me today and request passport dr license ss card, he said they do all processing at home which takes 7-10 days so I'm set to go to fort worth texas on the 24th, he said i will be there 4-5 days doing the mandatory classes, boring but at least there getting smart instead of treating you like cattle you go once all is cleared!! I know this is primarily a "fluor" site but I think all potential contractors have questions and I will help the best I can.

Fort Worth? Thats Dyn-Corp, be carefull Salty. Have they talked about money yet? Do not leave the house until they do, and get it in writing. I have heard a few guys over here say they where offered one thing, and when they went to sighn the contract it was different. Without paper you are SOL.

57 months ago

Jerm in Boise said: When do you leave? What's your job? I'm heading over 4/17

I'm going over for food service. I leave on 4/10 so I guess it's time to pack. What are you going over for?

Nashville Kat in Tennessee

57 months ago

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida said: Hmmm . . . That's odd. I am seeing about 163 logcap positions for Afghanistan on the fluor site, some were just listed today 04/05/2010.

Hey KoKo,
I have some questions for you, could you email me off board at samme007 at comcast.net????
Thanks a million!

Kathy

57 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: Fort Worth? Thats Dyn-Corp, be carefull Salty. Have they talked about money yet? Do not leave the house until they do, and get it in writing. I have heard a few guys over here say they where offered one thing, and when they went to sighn the contract it was different. Without paper you are SOL.

yea it's dyna corp, I am waiting on the offer letter and the package,he said he fill forward it today, I allready got the figures but yea your right,the good thing is I have been requested by the manager over there, thanks for the heads up.
are you with dyna? how long have you been there. I'm psyched to go I don't care about the conditions, just got to stay focused and positive!!!!

Jerm in Boise

57 months ago

nabisko32 in Hollywood, Florida said: I'm going over for food service. I leave on 4/10 so I guess it's time to pack. What are you going over for?

I'm an electrician. Leave 4/17----I was told plane tix come the Thursday before the Saturday you arrive. You got yours early? Did staffing get ahold of you prior to getting plane tix and make you commit to the date? Have you received any other paperwork from them, aside from a packing list? Glad you got yourself hooked up, what an awesome opportunity.

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.