Ford Motor News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Ford Motor stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Livonia, Michigan

91 months ago

Of course the company is going to survive. Ford is an American icon and has been around for over 100 years and plans on being around forever. Since too many people took the buyouts and retirements, the company is searching for experience people. You need to work through the various contract agencies. This is the domestic auto industry. It goes through cycles. Ford hit the bottom and is now recoverying. Ford treats their emplyees like family. The Japanesse competition doesn't even offer pensions. They feel that once you retire; they want nothing to do with you.
Read the newspaper. Ford's quality is just as good as Toyota's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bob in Harrison Township, Michigan

89 months ago

family? i work at ford also and i would never treat my family the way this company is treating us!!! wait till september and see how NICE they are....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Livonia, Michigan

89 months ago

How is this company treating you? My management treats us like famliy. They allow us to have a family life/ worklife balance and if we hava a personal or family matter to take care of they give us all the time off that we we need . I don't understand. What is going to happen in September? We had twice the number of people take buyouts and retirements than we really needed. And now, we are hiring contract workers to replace some of the people that left. Its seems like thing are getting better.

Bill in Redford, Michigan

88 months ago

bob in Harrison Township, Michigan said: family? i work at ford also and i would never treat my family the way this company is treating us!!! wait till september and see how NICE they are....

I heard a rumor that in September depending on how the UAW contract ends up, the salary workforce may once again have take-aways. If the union is not willing to agree to concessions, then the salary workers may be forced to become contract employees. The company benefits because they no longer have to pay for medical benefits to the salary employees. Is this what you meant by "wait until September and see how NICE they are"?

Nic in Canton, Michigan

87 months ago

No question, Ford will bounce back. Bill, any positive advise for a 27 year old college student who wants to be recruited into the sales, service & marketing college graduate program (FCG).

87 months ago

Nic in Canton, Michigan said: No question, Ford will bounce back. Bill, any positive advise for a 27 year old college student who wants to be recruited into the sales, service & marketing college graduate program (FCG).

Yes, definetly get into the Ford FCG program if you have the opportunity to do so. This is great program in which you will rotate in and out of different assignments in various departments every 6 months for a couple of years. You will end up with valuable experience and a well rounded background in just two years. Definetly take advantage of this opportunity.

Nic in Canton, Michigan

87 months ago

Thanks a lot Bill. I'll certainty get it all I've got! Being raised by the blue oval and given the fact I'm an extreme gear head, I'm absolutely obsessed with getting into the FCG program. I can't wait to hang up my Insurance licenses!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan

87 months ago

I think I'm going to puke.

Bill - pull your head out of your #$%@. Ford is the ANTITHESIS of "family". My husband faithfully worked for FMC for 15.5 yrs and was "treated like family" right out the door with an involuntary separation while contract employees with much less time invested in the company got to keep their jobs. Why? We all know the answer to that - in part my husband lost his job so Mark Fields could have a private jet ride to work weekly. Wow. That's a SPECTACULAR show of family values. Take off the rose-colored glasses and start saving your pennies, my friend...your time is coming. As for Ford quality being on par with Toyota - give me a break. I will ride a bicycle everywhere I go before I ever purchase a Ford product. I don't say that simply because they threw my husband out like yesterday's news. I say it because their products are, at best, sub-par. Do some research - Ford not only has the HIGHEST recall rate of all automotive manufacturers, they also spend a higher percentage of revenue on recalls than almost every other auto manufacturer.
I see careerbuilder.com in your near future. If you are smart, you will too.

Erin in Frederick, Maryland

86 months ago

I am from Michigan.
My father had worked for Ford since 1966. He was loyal and dedicated (his one and only job/profession). We only had Ford products and we encouraged others to believe in the product. My Dad passed away recently. He thought he had left my mother with complete security. But she just received notice that retired employees and their spouses (65 and older) no longer have medical benefits/coverage. She (at 69) could lose everything. Loyal seniors will die because of this. People will lose their homes.
Ironically, my Dad did labor negotiations with the UAW. The UAW
admired him so much, they wanted him to work for them. He denied due to his loyalty to Ford. The UAW isn't having their benefits pulled at this point because... they have the union.

I have a Windstar now, but... I will never own another Ford. My friends won't and my children won't either.

Ford is shooting themselves in the foot.

86 months ago

Melissa in Saint Clair Shores, Michigan said: I think I'm going to puke.

Bill - pull your head out of your #$%@. Ford is the ANTITHESIS of "family". My husband faithfully worked for FMC for 15.5 yrs and was "treated like family" right out the door with an involuntary separation while contract employees with much less time invested in the company got to keep their jobs. Why? We all know the answer to that - in part my husband lost his job so Mark Fields could have a private jet ride to work weekly. Wow. That's a SPECTACULAR show of family values. Take off the rose-colored glasses and start saving your pennies, my friend...your time is coming. As for Ford quality being on par with Toyota - give me a break. I will ride a bicycle everywhere I go before I ever purchase a Ford product. I don't say that simply because they threw my husband out like yesterday's news. I say it because their products are, at best, sub-par. Do some research - Ford not only has the HIGHEST recall rate of all automotive manufacturers, they also spend a higher percentage of revenue on recalls than almost every other auto manufacturer.
I see careerbuilder.com in your near future. If you are smart, you will too.

Melissa: I finally did see the light. Recently, they promoted a kid who is about half my age and only has 5 years with the company. Wow, is he on the fast track. He should make V.P by the time he is 30. Right away, he started to make changes. He is in the process of getting my job outsorces to China or India. You are absolutely right. Ford interested in the Almightly dollar so the top executives can get richer at our expense. At least the workers in the union have the UAW to protect them. It would not surprize me to see them go out on strike.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bill from Farmington Hills in Farmington Hills, Michigan

86 months ago

bob in Harrison Township, Michigan said: family? i work at ford also and i would never treat my family the way this company is treating us!!! wait till september and see how NICE they are....

Here it is October and nothing bad happened at Ford in September. You were totally wrong about this predition.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Skeptical2 in Grosse Ile, Michigan

75 months ago

Ummm...Bill...I think Bob in Harrison Township's prediction came to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.