What's the company culture at Ford Motor?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Ford Motor?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Ford Motor?

Reply - Report abuse

Robert Cashman in Clawson, Michigan

103 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Ford Motor?
Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?
What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Ford Motor?

Let me put it this way. Make yourself look busy, don't disagree with your supervisor and ALWAYS play the CYA game. You'll be a VP in no time. Seriously, the culture does not like disagreement and there is a real go-along , get along mentality, which is no doubt why they are in so much trouble today. They are really in a seiege mentality and I would not recommend working at Ford at this time. Not a good environment, unless you want to work 60 hours a week with never an attaboy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jason bowmano in Livonia, Michigan

103 months ago

Along with the previous comments... as once an engineer and in mgmt. for many years, forget about the vp, but good pay for much crap can be had to the ambitious top of class MS engr. from the best school, in the range of 70+k. MBA and be a minority, esp. a woman to get anywhere-that's why I had it and left. Little fulfillment, forget about friends-everyone is out for themselves in cut throat Detroit auto land.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Livonia, Michigan

99 months ago

Not true. Don't take advice from the people who took buyouts and left with a bitter taste in their mouths. The dress is business casual with jeans on Fridays if you donate to charity. People do get along. And there are team building get togethers such as picnics. Don't expect to get propmoted anytime in the near future since Ford still has too many people in management. But if you are content with being one of the worker beees, then you will like working for Ford.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

98 months ago

Bill in Livonia, Michigan said: Not true. Don't take advice from the people who took buyouts and left with a bitter taste in their mouths. The dress is business casual with jeans on Fridays if you donate to charity. People do get along. And there are team building get togethers such as picnics. Don't expect to get propmoted anytime in the near future since Ford still has too many people in management. But if you are content with being one of the worker beees, then you will like working for Ford.

Sounds like Bill has been brainwashed. He probably even wants Ford to keep Millen!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Livonia, Michigan

98 months ago

No, I have not been brainwashed. I have been in this auto industry for nearly 30 years now. I also have been laid -off from Chrysler. Chrysler bought AMC.
Daimler bought Chrysler and now sold it to a private equity firm. I've work at GM. GM is such a big company with alot of bureaucracy. Ford is not perfect. No company is perfect. Ford is noted as being a faith friendly company that respects diversity. Ford also participates in community events like the Rouge Rover clean-up and Habitat for Humanity. Most important, For is an American car company. You get a pension (unlike the Asian car companies) when you retire. In the past 25 years, the American car companies contributed billions of dollars in technology.
Who or what is Millen?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Martin in Blue Springs, Missouri

41 months ago

Ford is a classic "Corporate Cult"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.