FRITO-LAY Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 74)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at FRITO-LAY?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

willie willard in Chandler, Arizona

115 months ago

what it like having a interview with frito lay what the test like what to expect

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (194) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

Kath

109 months ago

willie willard in Chandler, Arizona said: what it like having a interview with frito lay what the test like what to expect

It was like getting hired for the FBI.....lots of tests. It is not a great company to work for, trust me. If you like never seeing your family, then this is the job for you. Holidays, weekends and anything it takes to get your route done is what you will need to do. It was an awful job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

SB in Atlanta, Georgia

109 months ago

I work for Frito Lay...what position are you applying for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (106) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Kath

109 months ago

I am not applying, my comment was in reference to a posting about Frito and Relief Routs drivers. That is what I was an it was AWFUL!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

k

104 months ago

The interview is extensive!! They do a complete background check if you get that far. The interview its self is easy, for me at least. IU will say over 200 people interviewed and I was one of two people who got the job. I hated every minute of it. Being a single mother, the hours were way too long and the pay was little. I make triple what I made there now. For being such a large company you would think they would pay better but they don't. The hours are very long if you are a driver! And we worked the holidays!

Best to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cocfolum2 in Stone Mountain, Georgia

104 months ago

some people just don't like workin these days.when iworked in prison you work on christmas and averages 75 hrs a wk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

k

104 months ago

You would want to go for "route sales" and yes, they sound the same but as a merchandiser you go in the store where product has already beed dropped off and you stock it in the shelves. Those positions are usually on the weekends and carry no benifits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

George23 in Barnhart, Missouri

104 months ago

K

Can you expand on what I should expect at the intial testing and interview?

does the Route Sales rep always deliver product in a truck?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

k

104 months ago

yes, always in a truck. There are two sides to the business. The grocery store side where you deliver to grocery stores and then the other side where you deliver to gas stations, convenient stores and stores of that nature. They both are very demanding jobs. I am a woman and did it for two years and I pulled my weight and maintained very good numbers, but it was tough. I have moved on to something different in sales. I don't consider Frito a "sales" job. Basically it is a glorified merchandising job. I am in sales and enjoy it. I have NO regrets leaving Frito Lay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

104 months ago

K

Thank you so much for your help and information. This is a job that I am seriously considering so that is why I have so many questions.

When you deliver the product, is it in one of the small box trucks? Not the big rigs right?

Also, are you straight salary? I know here in St. Louis they said you can make between 38-52 a year with commission. I dont understand how the commission works.

Do you set your own hours?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

k

104 months ago

I will respond tomorrow when I have more time to give you a detailed answer......doing homework with the kids and then off to bed. Ask as many questions as you like. It is a little truck if you are not in the "grocery store" division. We all pulled out of the same warehosuse. It is easy to drive. I will explain how it works.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

104 months ago

thank you K. I look forward to your response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

k

104 months ago

ok, if your are a relief route driver, this is when you take over a route when someone is on vacation, yes, you are on salary. Believe it or not, it was only $600.00 a week and that was with a min of 50ish hours a week. The benefits are very good. How old are you? If you get your own route, you get a percentage of your product sold in your stores. Once you take something into a store, it is considered "sold" Some guys will over fill their shelves when they are going on vacation or a holiday is coming. (makes their check bigger) You have to be sure you keep your stale items to a bare minimum. That is a big "no no" to have stale items!! You have to rotate your product when you are in the store and make sure you pout the fresh items/new bags in back and pull up your older stuff. The job is much harder than it looks.
In the morning, maybe 4:00 a.m. You go into the warehouse and pull your stock for the day. You have a hand held computer where you enter everything you are taking. Everything goes into the computer. Anyway, you load your truck and off you go to your stores. When you get to your let's say first store, you go into the store, check to see what is low, and you enter what it is you will need. This is all done by sku numbers. You make your entries and the computer will tell you how much of it you have in your truck. You then go back to your truck and "pick" the items you need. This could be any where from a few cases to many, many cases!!! You wheel everything in, check and recheck with the store manager and off you go to stock your shelves. You do this store after store........it is really not a bad job if you are single. And have no plans for the evening. I was tired at the end of the day. You are doing a lot of lifting and jumping on and off the truck. At the end of the day you unload your flattened out boxes. They are color coded and then it is done till tomorrow where you start all over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

k

104 months ago

Mind you, you will probably work all holidays cause what do people do on holidays??? They eat chips and snacks. It is a grind!

Ask if you have any more detailed questions. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

k

104 months ago

I remember the interview being a long and lengthy process. I know there were a few tests involved. A personality profile test, a math test. I can't remember the rest but it was not an easy process. They do a credit check because you are involved in handling cash on a daily basis.

As for setting your own hours.....you have to get into the warehouse early to pull your product and you're done when you're done. There really aren't any "short days" when you are in route sales there. All stores when you get to them are usually empty and it is a time consuming process to "reset" your shelves. I can honestly say I never worked less than a 50 hour week there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

k

104 months ago

Let's not forget to let George know that it could be years before he gets his own route. I worked there without there ever being an opening.

And yes, the benefits are good but and there is a but.....I am working for a much smaller company and we have a wonderful package. Don't let the name "Frito Lay" fool you into riches. I feel there pay is low. 40's to mid 50's is not where I would like to be. My base is 60 at my current job and I have a compnay car, phone, laptop, expense account. I work less hours and have never been happier.

Working for Frito was an experience. It just wasn't for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

k

104 months ago

am a regional sales manager for a company. I work mostly from home, I have a company car, phone, laptop and I hardly work on Fridays! I love my job and make DOUBLE what I made at Frito! The name "Frito" makes you think of riches to be found....there you are just another person pluggin away their chips. If you are a good sales person, you can make more money else where

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

k in Sun City, California

104 months ago

Hi Ron, the $600.00 is BEFORE taxes. It may have changed in the past few years. I am not sure about the ice cream truck. You might be able to hold it down. I just know when I worked there I worked no less than 10-12 hours a day and it was a grind!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

susan12c2001 in RANBURNE, Alabama

102 months ago

What is a typical day (hours of shift) when you worked for Frito Lay ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

SB in Atlanta, Georgia said: I work for Frito Lay...what position are you applying for?

Reply/question to SB in Atlanta : do you still work for Frito Lay ? I interviewed a week ago and wondering how long it was between your interview and test ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

k

102 months ago

I no longer work there and I cannot remember how long the process was. Give them a call, it doesn't hurt to follow up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

I'm wondering if they are any route sales positions with other companies that are better ?

102 months ago

Thank you K

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

k

102 months ago

I don't know about that. Frito Lay is a sound company, the product sells and you will always be busy. I really wouldn't call it sales, it is merchandising, bottom line. You go into the store, punch in hwat you need, go to your truck, pull the order and stock the racks. How old are you and what is your experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

I don't mind working long hours , lifting or similar work .
i just left a job as a Store asst manager (furniture store ) .
I'm 39 yrs. old .
I also have some route delivery exp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

Thanks , I hope so , but man they do have a process to go through . I guess it is just their way to test .
I'm form GA. originally but I haven't noticed much job postings here , in GA. or Alabama . Are you doing the same kind of work just different company now ?

102 months ago

That sounds really great . See I have not returned to further my education so I qualify for a different kind of sales positions .
I'd really enjoy working in the pharmaceutical sales field .

k

102 months ago

is there anyway you can give me your email and we can have this conversation between you and I?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

102 months ago

Sure , susan12c2001@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

deansuraci in Cornwall On Hudson, New York

99 months ago

k said: is there anyway you can give me your email and we can have this conversation between you and I?

Hi k,

You there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lisaaa in newberry, Florida

97 months ago

My husband took a test online got called for a first interview, then did a day of driving with a route sales guy and then they did a background check....after the check...they had him come in for a final interview. IS THIS PROCESS ALMOST DONE??? He has been through so much...they said someone would call him this week...it's already thursday.. What's up? Anyone went through this before?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joyce in Vancouver, Washington

92 months ago

Host said: It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at FRITO-LAY?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Hello yes I have an interview with Frito Lay this fri not sure what I will be hired for probably just a regular employee any idea on the test they will give? thanx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

wop2 in Valley Cottage, New York

91 months ago

How selective is Frito Lay in choosing candidates? I passed the test, had an interview with the HR person (or one of the managers) and I did the route-ride. if i got this far does it mean i'm most likely going to get it? I dont have actual sales experience, but i do have 7 years of supermarket experience, 2 years of grocery/retail management experience, and some DSD merchandising thrown in. not to mention a college degree. I'm surprised as ive read that the process takes a long time but for me its only been a week and a half since i first applied.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

k2000kidd in Putnam, Connecticut

91 months ago

I just got hired as a packer
what should i expect??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

speedy0250 in Farmville, Virginia

91 months ago

Kkidd, I have a friend that works for Frito Lay, he justs sits in the warehouse and messeses with the chips, making 15 an hour. Is that wat a packer does?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

I'm looking for the same job, I'm just not sure what the job is, and I was trying to find out what the interview is like. They type of questions, type of employment screening, and do they accept college students to work full/part time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

I last spoke to someone at Frito Lay a week ago, they told me they were going to send out the background check and that it would take 3 or 4 days to process. and that they would call me to schedule an interview. should I call THEM to schedule an interview first or should i just keep waiting for them to call me? does it really take this long to get hired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

K

91 months ago

Do you have the email address to the person you spoke with? Perhaps send them an email asking where you are in the process.

It does take FOREVER!!! Hang in there!

91 months ago

well it just so happens they called me TODAY and i have an interview on Friday!

he said it was a "structured interview". Im going through any possible questions in my head and having answers for them. does anyone know what kind of questions they ask? (any sales related questions, situational/behavioral, etc) also will I know that day if i am going to get officially hired??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

my friend that told me about his interview said they were questions just like what your asking really. Alot of situation kind of stuff. After you go to the interview post a comment about the exact types of questions and all. Pretty much the entire interview process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sylvester41569 in Lakeside, California

91 months ago

wop2 in Valley Cottage, New York said: well it just so happens they called me TODAY and i have an interview on Friday!

he said it was a "structured interview". Im going through any possible questions in my head and having answers for them. does anyone know what kind of questions they ask? (any sales related questions, situational/behavioral, etc) also will I know that day if i am going to get officially hired??

what kind of questions did they ask? Anything specific??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

thanks alot man, thats the exact info i needed. I appreciate it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

one more thing, the friend that works there that i talked to said he makes 15 per hour, and im pretty sure he just bags chips or something along those lines. Is he bluffing or is that right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

well i got the job! i have to go back in two weeks to fill out more paper work, and they said my start date will be on 4/20. dunno why i have to wait two weeks just to fill out paper work, is that normal? i guess it doesnt matter anyway since I know i'm in...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MisterG9 in Cranston, Rhode Island

90 months ago

I have an interview with Frito Lay, Cranston, RI for a Route Sales and need some advice. This is my third time interviewing with the company. My other two times I received a rejection letter stating that better qualified candidates were chosen. On my second interview the hiring manager actually remembered me and told me that it was like the lottery. Was is going on here? Also, has anyone worked at the Cranston, RI plant?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

bruinguybry in Grosse Pointe, Michigan

90 months ago

wop2 in Valley Cottage, New York said: well i got the job! i have to go back in two weeks to fill out more paper work, and they said my start date will be on 4/20. dunno why i have to wait two weeks just to fill out paper work, is that normal? i guess it doesnt matter anyway since I know i'm in...

what kind of questions did they ask. and they hired you right after interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

waiting also in Macon, Georgia

86 months ago

k said: The interview is extensive!! They do a complete background check if you get that far. The interview its self is easy, for me at least. IU will say over 200 people interviewed and I was one of two people who got the job. I hated every minute of it. Being a single mother, the hours were way too long and the pay was little. I make triple what I made there now. For being such a large company you would think they would pay better but they don't. The hours are very long if you are a driver! And we worked the holidays!

Best to you!

Hello k, you seem like you know your stuff!! I have a question for you its a little different here in ga I am a single parent also with two very small kids just went through a divorce, I am waiting on frito lay to call me back also. I applied a couple years ago and recieved a denial letter in the mail. I went to truck driving school and came back home to care for my kids. I have applied for a packing position. When they called me the first time for the interview I couldn't make it I turned it down I had to go out of town" family matters". I didn't think they was going to call me back but they did. I went through the interview the very same day I took the test. I passed. Then maybe a week later they called me for my second interview. I passed. Then they conducted my background. They said it would take two weeks, my god its was going on two weeks and a day. I called to check the status and they say they are still waiting on my background that was a week and three days ago. I haven't heard anything. I know on my background I have teo charges but they were dismissed I was flsely accused. Here in ga If they accuse you even if its dismissed they still place it on your background I can have it expunged but it costs and I just don't have that. Its not violant. I dont' know what to expect. On my job history I couldn't really remember the dates that well but i was close enough. Do you think that may cause me to just forget it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cougar

85 months ago

Speedy0250 in Farmville, Virginia said: one more thing, the friend that works there that i talked to said he makes 15 per hour, and im pretty sure he just bags chips or something along those lines. Is he bluffing or is that right?

Yeah Frito Lay pays good. I packed cookies. Watched cracker line. Pretty easy. Volunteer for overtime if you want more money. They are very pro-active problem solvers. Any employee can join a committee to solve safety problems, budget problems, etc. This is not a upper-management run company, this is an employee run company. I worked at plant in Pulaski, Tennessee. Great job. Go for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

wildernessofmirrors in Cheyenne, Wyoming

83 months ago

The main reason I am posting is that some things have changed in the hiring process...and MANY, MANY folks have credit issues due to being unemployed (delinquencies and foreclosures, etc.)...and you should NOT let past hiring processes deter you from applying. If you have a decent, understanding person in HR, you will be hired, so long as you have absolutely NO prior felonies, criminal convictions, serious misdemeanors, or have used any drugs.

I believe, even if the route cash handling was still in place, that if you were otherwise sqeaky clean (drugs/background check), and could provide an explanation as to why your credit was shot, you could still stand a good chance of getting hired on. Just don't let that deter you!

Best of luck to everyone out there. I'll post more after my sit-down/face-to- face interview.

Keep in mind, every district is different.
WoM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.