FRITO-LAY News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does FRITO-LAY stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Ex-Frito Lay Employee in Fort Worth, Texas

112 months ago

Frito Lay laid me off almost one year and six months ago after twenty one years honor service for them. They are always hiring new employees and closes older plants just about every year save a little $ and use those saving to purchase a small snack company to gain market shares. Frito Lay controls more than 60% market shares in the snack market. Do not land a job in the older production plant if you want to work for them.

I am still looking for a full time job. Recently, a HR rep told me that they would not hire me back for even though I did not do any wrong except expressing an equal opportunity for my other peers. I was labeled as a bad employee by a new manager at that time. The VP of HR and other VP supported a non-exempt employee committee about management skill and diversity a few years ago.
Meanwhile, one employee left for a competitive company and was hired back without going though HR approval.

Ex-Frito Lay Employee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.