Work environment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Frito Truth in Hagerstown, Maryland

12 months ago

There are a lot of people who look into companies and employee comments online prior to taking a job. When I applied for an RSR position with Frito Lay, I scoured the web reading comments by current and former employees. I have been with Frito Lay now for over 2 years and I want to leave some honest and truthful information for someone interested in working for Frito Lay. Looking back, I seriously came close to turning down the job based on what I read online and I am glad I didn't.

I'm not going to say an RSR position is easy, but it's not digging trenches either. I start my day between 5am-6am each day. I drive my truck to my stores, deliver the product and then merchandise it (rotate, relocate to keep product fresh). Before I leave the store I enter a new order into my handheld for the next day. When I get back to the warehouse I print those orders and pull the product to load on my truck for the next day. It takes me roughly 6 hours out on the route and 2-3 at the warehouse to load, arrange boxes, etc. sometimes more, sometimes less.

The pay is pretty good in my opinion. I gross anywhere from $800 to $1400 each week. In addition, we get full medical, dental and vision insurance. 10 holidays a year and 2 weeks of vacation the day you start. The part that sets Frito Lay apart from other companies is that we get a 401k and a pension. It takes 5 years of full time service to be vested in the pension and I think 30 years to receive the full pension.

I have good days and bad days just like any other job but at least I don't have a boss breathing down my neck all day. I find that the guys at the warehouse (and probably online) that complain are the same guys who don't do their jobs. They try to cut corners, abuse privileges or whatever and then when management "manages" them, they complain about the company. If you go to work, do your job, be honest and respect for people and company property then you won't have any problems. What's so hard about that?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.