G&k Services Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at G&k Services?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Betty savuhassl in Trenton, New Jersey

80 months ago

For Sales positions there is a three or four interview process. The intial phone screen by HR, meet with District Sales Manager, meet with Director of Sales and/or GM. After the interview with the District Sales Manager, you will take a personality profile called Caliper. It really is used to determine if you would like the job. Sounds crazy, but answer the questions honestly, really if you aren't going to like the job you should know now.

The interviews are suppose to follow a format with Interview Guides that are published as "A","B", and "C". Technically, you should get a different interview guide at each interview and the three interviewers compare your answers. If they actually followed the process, it might work. Most of the time the interviewers make up their own questions or have favorite ones they ask and leave off others. Lots of situaional questions, "Tell me about a time..." and it is important you follow the STAR method for answering them. The more specific you can be the better.

Dress well for the interview, suit and all! They sell image and they take it seriously. You will not interview with a single person with a self image issue, if anything they are arrogant. They are tough and driven people and value hard work above just about anything else. Don't let the polite midwestern facade fool you, they eat their young. Take notes and do your research on the company so you can ask good questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Zeusfire69 in Arvada, Colorado

60 months ago

I recently got a job as a RSR (route service rep) driving a delivery truck. If I was going to stress one thing more than any other. Make sure you go in with the attitude that this is not just a service job but, there is also ALOT of sales invovled with the position. If you tell the guy that you just want to be a delivery person, you will not get the job.

The hiring process that I went through was:

1. First interview
2. One day ride along in a truck on a route (not paid)
3. Second interview after the ride along
4. A few days waiting, they called with a job offer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

carlos torres in Phoenix, Arizona

21 days ago

Zeusfire69 in Arvada, Colorado said: I recently got a job as a RSR (route service rep) driving a delivery truck. If I was going to stress one thing more than any other. Make sure you go in with the attitude that this is not just a service job but, there is also ALOT of sales invovled with the position. If you tell the guy that you just want to be a delivery person, you will not get the job.

The hiring process that I went through was:

1. First interview
2. One day ride along in a truck on a route (not paid)
3. Second interview after the ride along
4. A few days waiting, they called with a job offer

I have a second interview tomorrow after my ride along.. what should I expect? And what kind of question do they ask?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.