G&k Services Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at G&k Services?

What do you like best about working at G&k Services? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Betty savuhassl in Trenton, New Jersey

97 months ago

Sales Base Salaries in the US are as follows:
TSA-low 30's
TSR-37,000
TSE-40,000
STSE-around 45,000 (can't remember)
MAE-50,000

Sales Management Base Salaries
FSM-60,000-70,000
DSM-70,000-110,000 (no kidding on this range)
SDSM-90,000-125,000

Average sales rep make 47,000 a year in total comp. There is a auto reimbursement and it is very fair. Commissions are paid monthly, in a company this size it should be computerized but isn't so you have to stay on top of it each month to make sure you get paid. No great perks and frankly, you can find a better job. This one requires 100% all new account aquistion and the company has a major issue delivering new accounts because it's distribution channel is broken. So, every time you sell a new account, which you are required to do, the installation is a nightmare. For the amount of stress, not worth the compensation.

Sales Manger's are paid quarterly and annual bonus. I made it about 3/4 of the time, however, 95% of all managers will never see a bonus, and if you are new forget it. When you are interviewing the will talk about the people like me. When I was in the job, I had 12 years experience, it is like saying telling the rookie on the PGA tour that he can make what Tiger makes. Sure, it is possible just like it is possible to win the lottery. I enjoyed the job for years until there was a big cultural change in 2004, so my advice is to get the highest base possible and fight hard to get the lowest quota plan possible. With sales rep turnover approaching 60% and Sales Management turnover at 50%, there is no way to consistently make your plan, therefore no bonus. If you are new to management you can use the job to improve your base salary offers in the future, if you are making 60,000 base now and are able to get the 80,000 base at G&K the two years of sleepless nights and on the job torture could pay off when you secure your next job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zeusfire69 in Arvada, Colorado

76 months ago

I just get on as a RSR(Route service rep) driving a delivery truck. The starting wage in Denver here is $600 salary a week base, plus whatever your route produces. I will try and repost after a while here to let everybody know how the additional pay really works out. (base pay works out as about 31,500 a year.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.