attention SCAM!!! fake job posts use GE Healthcare name

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

needAjob in Hemet, California

27 months ago

hi,
i just wanted to let everybody know, that somebody is using GE Healthcare name to post fake jobs on indeed. I sent my resume online on indeed to this fake job and a manager sent me a message on my phone saying he would like to do an interview over Yahoo messenger. That seemed a little weared to me but ok, you never know...so when we started to chat, he was telling me a lot about the company and what my job would be etc. it would be a home office accounting/ data entry etc. job and they would pay for internet and the laptop, but i would have to purchase a software that costs 350 $ and that is where i knew something is not right. so i googled the job posting and there was no GE Healthcare in Hemet CA. I also did some research and it appears that there are a lot of fake jobs out there with similar stories. so...watch out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ABmbahr in Puyallup, Washington

25 months ago

needAjob in Hemet, California said: hi,
i just wanted to let everybody know, that somebody is using GE Healthcare name to post fake jobs on indeed. I sent my resume online on indeed to this fake job and a manager sent me a message on my phone saying he would like to do an interview over Yahoo messenger. That seemed a little weared to me but ok, you never know...so when we started to chat, he was telling me a lot about the company and what my job would be etc. it would be a home office accounting / data entry etc. job and they would pay for internet and the laptop, but i would have to purchase a software that costs 350 $ and that is where i knew something is not right. so i googled the job posting and there was no GE Healthcare in Hemet CA. I also did some research and it appears that there are a lot of fake jobs out there with similar stories. so...watch out!

This is posted in elance. I applied and had a little fun speaking on messenger with the "hr manager" who asked me my name, age, sex and location. I told him he was legally not allowed to ask me my gender or age. He responded "alright." and directed me to provide the other information. I gave him the country I am located in and the name on my elance profile, which does not have my full last name. I asked for a job number and he asked me why I wanted that. I replied that I wanted it for a reference to the job information and duties. He said he would provide that to me after I have accepted the job! (hahahha) Poor GE Healthcare for being a victim.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AW80 in Hemet, California

25 months ago

ABmbahr in Puyallup, Washington said: This is posted in elance. I applied and had a little fun speaking on messenger with the "hr manager" who asked me my name, age, sex and location. I told him he was legally not allowed to ask me my gender or age. He responded "alright." and directed me to provide the other information. I gave him the country I am located in and the name on my elance profile, which does not have my full last name. I asked for a job number and he asked me why I wanted that. I replied that I wanted it for a reference to the job information and duties. He said he would provide that to me after I have accepted the job! (hahahha) Poor GE Healthcare for being a victim.

This job posting have been there forever. I called GE Healthcare and reported that. I'm glad somebody informed indeed too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Looking for work in Minneapolis, Minnesota

18 days ago

I have also had an experience where I received a call from Menaka Deori representing Lancesoft at 13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 120, Herndon, VA 20171. Now mind you I live in Minneapolis, MN so this seemed pretty strange to me. I am registered with a number of IT recruiting firms in the Twin Cities so why are'nt one of these companies contacting me instead of some East coast recruitment firm. They wanted to gather information such as:
What is your full legal name?

· Are you currently on a project? If yes, how soon can you start?
· Have you ever submitted your resume to GE Healthcare in last 1 month?
· Any other Interviews/Offers in Pipeline?
· How soon will you be available for Phone/in-person interview with the client?
· Would you prefer to work as a Salaried or Hourly employee? What is your pay expectation?
· Are you open to relocation? If yes, what locations?
· Contact Info:
· Phone #
· Alternate Contact#
· Email ID:
· Month and Date of date of birth
· Last 3 digits of SSN

This just all sounds rather fishy to me and they never mentioned GE "Healthcare" they simply asked me if I was familiar with GE. Something is not right according to the hairs on my arms, if you know what I mean.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.