attention SCAM!!! fake job posts use GE Healthcare name

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

needAjob in Hemet, California

50 months ago

hi,
i just wanted to let everybody know, that somebody is using GE Healthcare name to post fake jobs on indeed. I sent my resume online on indeed to this fake job and a manager sent me a message on my phone saying he would like to do an interview over Yahoo messenger. That seemed a little weared to me but ok, you never know...so when we started to chat, he was telling me a lot about the company and what my job would be etc. it would be a home office accounting/ data entry etc. job and they would pay for internet and the laptop, but i would have to purchase a software that costs 350 $ and that is where i knew something is not right. so i googled the job posting and there was no GE Healthcare in Hemet CA. I also did some research and it appears that there are a lot of fake jobs out there with similar stories. so...watch out!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (86) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ABmbahr in Puyallup, Washington

48 months ago

needAjob in Hemet, California said: hi,
i just wanted to let everybody know, that somebody is using GE Healthcare name to post fake jobs on indeed. I sent my resume online on indeed to this fake job and a manager sent me a message on my phone saying he would like to do an interview over Yahoo messenger. That seemed a little weared to me but ok, you never know...so when we started to chat, he was telling me a lot about the company and what my job would be etc. it would be a home office accounting / data entry etc. job and they would pay for internet and the laptop, but i would have to purchase a software that costs 350 $ and that is where i knew something is not right. so i googled the job posting and there was no GE Healthcare in Hemet CA. I also did some research and it appears that there are a lot of fake jobs out there with similar stories. so...watch out!

This is posted in elance. I applied and had a little fun speaking on messenger with the "hr manager" who asked me my name, age, sex and location. I told him he was legally not allowed to ask me my gender or age. He responded "alright." and directed me to provide the other information. I gave him the country I am located in and the name on my elance profile, which does not have my full last name. I asked for a job number and he asked me why I wanted that. I replied that I wanted it for a reference to the job information and duties. He said he would provide that to me after I have accepted the job! (hahahha) Poor GE Healthcare for being a victim.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AW80 in Hemet, California

48 months ago

ABmbahr in Puyallup, Washington said: This is posted in elance. I applied and had a little fun speaking on messenger with the "hr manager" who asked me my name, age, sex and location. I told him he was legally not allowed to ask me my gender or age. He responded "alright." and directed me to provide the other information. I gave him the country I am located in and the name on my elance profile, which does not have my full last name. I asked for a job number and he asked me why I wanted that. I replied that I wanted it for a reference to the job information and duties. He said he would provide that to me after I have accepted the job! (hahahha) Poor GE Healthcare for being a victim.

This job posting have been there forever. I called GE Healthcare and reported that. I'm glad somebody informed indeed too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Looking for work in Minneapolis, Minnesota

23 months ago

I have also had an experience where I received a call from Menaka Deori representing Lancesoft at 13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 120, Herndon, VA 20171. Now mind you I live in Minneapolis, MN so this seemed pretty strange to me. I am registered with a number of IT recruiting firms in the Twin Cities so why are'nt one of these companies contacting me instead of some East coast recruitment firm. They wanted to gather information such as:
What is your full legal name?

· Are you currently on a project? If yes, how soon can you start?
· Have you ever submitted your resume to GE Healthcare in last 1 month?
· Any other Interviews/Offers in Pipeline?
· How soon will you be available for Phone/in-person interview with the client?
· Would you prefer to work as a Salaried or Hourly employee? What is your pay expectation?
· Are you open to relocation? If yes, what locations?
· Contact Info:
· Phone #
· Alternate Contact#
· Email ID:
· Month and Date of date of birth
· Last 3 digits of SSN

This just all sounds rather fishy to me and they never mentioned GE "Healthcare" they simply asked me if I was familiar with GE. Something is not right according to the hairs on my arms, if you know what I mean.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

priceless101scott in Charlotte, North Carolina

20 months ago

Also beware of someone by the name of Daniel Woodlock of Compliance Auto Desk.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alex in San Antonio, Texas

10 months ago

I posted my resume online and received a text message, supposedly from director Quality Control/ GE Healthcare. I was instructed to set up a screen name with the yahoo instant messenger and add up some gehealthcare1@yahoo.com for more information and interview... ("Understood?")
Seemed fishy and not too professional to me, so I just ignore it...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Student in Washington, District of Columbia

5 months ago

A Mr. James Cooper sent me a text concerning a position with GE Healthcare. I was told to contact a Ms. Kristine Young via Google Hangout. I have a lot of experience concerning the hiring process and this whole thing seemed odd. It is a scam. The immediately stopped contact when I asked for credentials and a website.Go with your gut feeling. If something seems odd then dont bother. Dont ever give any information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dominican in Warwick, Rhode Island

4 months ago

Student in Washington, District of Columbia said: A Mr. James Cooper sent me a text concerning a position with GE Healthcare . I was told to contact a Ms. Kristine Young via Google Hangout. I have a lot of experience concerning the hiring process and this whole thing seemed odd. It is a scam. The immediately stopped contact when I asked for credentials and a website.Go with your gut feeling. If something seems odd then dont bother. Dont ever give any information.

I am honestly so embarrassed. This just happened to me and I naively fell for it. Guess I shouldn't trust online interviews at 19... However, now I'm quite paranoid and don't know how to stop them. I didn't give them much personal info besides my name, e-mail, address and which bank I belong to (like an idiot)- still, I'm scared.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dominique Hamilton in Chicago, Illinois

3 months ago

AW80 in Hemet, California said: This job posting have been there forever. I called GE Healthcare and reported that. I'm glad somebody informed indeed too.

Hi I was wondering if you have a number to GE Healthcare someone is currently doing the same thing to me. Posing as a recruiter and only communicating through google hangouts. They have sent me a check today and want me to deposit into my account but I'm very skeptical of this. I keep asking him to give me a corporate number and send me proof that he works for GE Healthcare and he would not do niether. I do not want to be part of someone scam and have someone looking for me. I don't trust this at all. Can you help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

SCAMMED in Clearwater, Florida

3 months ago

THIS IS A SCAM.. HERE :

Let's chat on Hangouts!
Wed, 2:13 PM
Mrs Yvette Ramos

THEY HIRE YOU OVER GOOGLE HANGOUT AND SEND YOU CHECKS TO SET UP YOUR HOME OFFICE.....

DO NOT DEPOSIT THE CHECKS!!!!!!!!
THIS IS A SCAM AND YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE AMOUNT OF THE CHECKS AND FEES INVOLVED.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth Tirado in Tulsa, Oklahoma

3 months ago

OMG I FINALLY FOUND SOMETHING ABOUT THEM!!!!!!! That SAME lady Mrs. YVETTE RAMOS contacted me yesterday and went thru this WHOLE interview thing through Hangout App! FIRST THEY SENT ME A DIRECT TEXT MSG TO MY CELL PHONE!!!! They got it from MY RESUME POSTED IN INDEED.COM!!!! I tried to send GE a Fraud Alert about it but I have not got anywhere!

I am so glad I found this forum here! I now know this whole thing is a CONFIRMED SCAM!!!!!

Does anybody have any luck trying to report them to the police? Or Has anybody had any luck getting a response from GE Healthcare people?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth Tirado in Tulsa, Oklahoma

3 months ago

SCAMMED in Clearwater, Florida said: THIS IS A SCAM.. HERE :

Let's chat on Hangouts!
Wed, 2:13 PM
Mrs Yvette Ramos
THEY HIRE YOU OVER GOOGLE HANGOUT AND SEND YOU CHECKS TO SET UP YOUR HOME OFFICE.....
DO NOT DEPOSIT THE CHECKS!!!!!!!!
THIS IS A SCAM AND YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE AMOUNT OF THE CHECKS AND FEES INVOLVED.......

I AM SO GLAD YOU POSTED THIS!!! The EXACT SAME THING IS HAPPENING TO ME RIGHT NOW!!! MRS.YVETTE.RAMOS sent me a text message to my cell phone saying they were interested in me from my resume that was posted then she told me to download Hangout App and that she wanted to do a interview right away! At first I was thinking WOW I finally found a job and they want me to interview right now! and then I started thinking it was a little weird to do it all through HANGOUT (?weird) but then she offered $35 per hour and working from home and that the company GE Healthcare would send me all the "working materials" to get started. Then she said after 3months they will be a 16 team to go into the new offices they are building near my area and that if I am one of the 16 teams I get a company car and a house and would make about $93,000 annually! She even directed me to the company website and said I was required to take 5 mins. to review what the company was about. CRAZY because it was the actual company's website www3.gehealthcare.com

So after 2 HRS of interview and answering questions she told me that I was confirmed qualified and said Congratulations! I am now a GE Healthcare employee and that her and the rest of the managers wanted to welcome me to the GE Healthcare team. She said I just needed to verify my NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, EMAIL ADDRESS AND THE NAME OF MY BANK. After that my gut feeling kept telling me that this whole thing was weird and something was not right. So I did some research and FOUND THIS FORUM! Now I know YVETTE RAMOS IS A FAKE! Her email address is MRS.YVETTE.RAMOS@gehealthcares1.com.

T in Sandy, Texas

2 months ago

Dear Applicant,
Congratulations,
Your resume has been reviewed and you have made it to the NEXT STEP for the job opening. Your resume was shortlisted for an online interview with the personnel manager Ms. Nichole R. Satterwhite via yahoo messenger And Ms. Edythe C. Reel Via Gmail hangout or Google talk with the following email address (companydesk6@yahoo.com) (edythereel@gmail.com) . Add her to your buddy list and send her an IM, She will be online waiting for you ASAP to conduct the interview for you.

Your verification code is (DHCF-0304), this would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. Your timely response matters a lot.

We look forward to having you on the team.

Interview Scheduled : Online.
Time: ASAP
Venue: Google hangout Or Yahoo messenger
Training is Available
Your swift and timely response matters a lot in this beneficial position.

Best Regard
Yours Truly,
GE Healthcare .
Regards.

Thats the email I got from them. Please be aware guys.Glad I found this forum here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark D in Vancouver, Washington

2 months ago

I just had the same thing happen to me. Seemed fishy because it was all by text and then I did a search on the email of the person I was supposed to conference with (edythereel@gmail.com) and this thread was found.

mrsroze03 in Houston, Texas

2 months ago

I just went through this no more then 20 minutes ago. I was contacted by Edythe C Reel. and was told the same thing. I just copied and paste the information I found on here and sent her a message. She had me fooled, even asked for references. WOW! I just blocked her from contacting me. I thought this was to good to be true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Toni Stauffer in Columbus, Georgia

2 months ago

I just got hired by a Dr. Raymond Keegan from Celltrion Healthcare. The interview was conducted through Google Hangouts (I archived it) and I supposedly start training tomorrow. I am supposed to receive a check to buy equipment and I will get $12 an hour while training and $35 an hour after training. This really does sound too good to be true. I have mailed the North American division of the company for confirmation, but it is probably a scam.

PaulaLavon01 in Miami, Florida

2 months ago

It is a scam!!!! Ask him for jos credentials and a contact number to call him directly at the company and I guarantee he will stop dealing with you. DO NOT DWPOSIT THAT CHECK INTO YOUR ACCOUNT! YOU WILL GO STRAIGHT TO JAIL FOR FRAUD!

N. Reynolds in Memphis, Tennessee

2 months ago

The same person contacted me and as you said it happened the same exact way. Once I went on to say I would like to withdraw myself from consideration. I really don't have a great feeling about this after doing some online research. His reply was "Are you no longer interested in the job offer?
I know you are feeling skeptical. But do not let your skepticism cover your charisma for this job."

I responded "No I am no longer interested. I appreciate your time and I apologize for wasting your time. Hope you have a great day!!"

His response after that was "idiot". I am so thankful for forums like these because there are so many spams out here. This person actually got my inform from a site called LatPro and while I was conducting my google handouts interview I reached out to them via email which I have not received a response yet since it was less than an hour ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

MJohnson29 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

2 months ago

Yes thats who i am talking to right now...Oliver Palmer lol....lol
Lol. That's crazy. I have a guy named Oliver Palmer who I did a hangout interview with yesterday and he emailed me regarding the same position. He explained it to me and of course I did my research and saw your post. So thank you for writing that. He emailed me from hiringdept@geheallthcare.com...yes the address contains two L's in health care that is no typo. So, he said the position is remunerated at $35 hr and training is paid $10 hr..who says remunerated IN AMERICA? he said he will send a check to buy equipment but I have my own laptop and internet and Ge will supply equipment if they were really a work at home position...I reported his tail to the fraud dept with GE...So if you still have any emails from him or her or them, I suggest you contact GE so they can find these scammers...Sad when people are looking for work to support their family and some so desperate that they fall victim to this scam and get deeper in debt. To report suspected fraud, go to www.ge.com....then click careers>relationship to GE click jobseeker>Subject:Careers>Area of interest:Suspect Fraud and follow the directions in reporting them. Ge is aware of the recruitment fraud and is working with authorities in a resolution.He has contacted me this morning and I am going to toy with him before I say I have reported you. Good look job seekers and If you would like a GE job and its posted on indeed.com, it will redirect you to the GE website to apply. If you do receive an email IT WILL BE FROM @GE.COM....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MJohnson29 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

2 months ago

.Sad when people are looking for work to support their family and some so desperate that they fall victim to this scam and get deeper in debt. To report suspected fraud, go to www.ge.com....then click careers>relationship to GE click jobseeker>Subject:Careers>Area of interest:Suspect Fraud and follow the directions in reporting them. Ge is aware of the recruitment fraud and is working with authorities in a resolution.He has contacted me this morning and I am going to toy with him before I say I have reported you. Good look job seekers and If you would like a GE job and its posted on indeed.com, it will redirect you to the GE website to apply. If you do receive an email IT WILL BE FROM @GE.COM....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

victorn23 in Houston, Texas

1 month ago

Got an email today not from GE but from Nassau Healthcare.

Dear Applicant,

Your resume published on Indeed has been reviewed and you have made it to the NEXT STEP for the job opening you sent your resume for the Administrative position. Your resume was shortlisted for an online interview with the personnel manager Mr Dennis Freeman

To participate, set up and account with Gmail and download Google Hangouts Messenger on your P.C or Mobile Phone and add him to your buddy list (dennisfreeman230@gmail.com) You are to message him for the Job Interview on Google Hangouts messenger through that email. He will be online waiting for you ASAP to conduct the interview. Your verification code is AGS 0811, this would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process.

We look forward to having you on the team.

I wish you best of Luck with the Interview. If you have any questions, Please feel free to email Mr Dennis Freeman. for more details.

Interview Schedule: Online
Interview Manager: Mr Dennis Freeman
Time: ASAP

Training is Available

Your swift and timely response matters a lot in this beneficial position.

Best regards,
Human Resources
Nassau Healthcare

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

concernedguy2 in Manassas, Virginia

22 days ago

Just got a similar job offer. After I realized it was a scam I told them I was no longer interested to which the person replied, "k you arre not God eff you". I'm a little paranoid right now since they have my name, address and email address and that's something people can actually do real harm with. Has anyone had any issue with spam as a result of this?

d in Hamden, Connecticut

22 days ago

I received the same scam and have worked with law enforcement including the FBI to give them as much information as I could. They are after your bank account information in the hopes of getting whatever they can from you. Given the day and age I would not worry about your name, address, email, etc. Anyone has access to that. Worry about the real personal identifiers such as SS#, bank account, or credit card info. One day we all have to account for ourselves; I truly believe that. I hope you all find the position you are seeking. I just had a "real" interview yesterday and I hope I get this job!!

sonny in Palm Bay, Florida

17 days ago

Had a Dennis Freeman TEX me on my cell phone offering me a job at Nassau Health Care, wanted my Google account pass word his Account was Google Hang Outs. Was sitting at my Computer did some quick Googling and he is a Phony. I noticed that some one else Received a offer from the same Dennis Freeman. Notified Nassau Health care that they name is being scammed.

xtine in Rossville, Georgia

14 days ago

Same thing just happened to just finished the "interview" this is what was said....Katherine Alserlind (Ibhiredesk@gmail.com)
I am good here, I believe you are ready for the interview and briefing on the job position
Please, I would like to inform you that at this point, you will need to listen carefully and read attentively and if there are any questions you would like to ask, you will kindly do that as soon as we are done with the job briefing. Also please respond with done or okay once done readily as this is a text based interview only. Shall we proceed?
To start with I am Mr. Oliver Palmer. I received my B.A. in French from Louisiana State University in Eunice, LA just west of New Orleans. I also studied accounting at the University of New Orleans. I am with the Human Resources Department of GE Healthcare as Professional Training & Coaching manager for three years now. Everything I have accomplished in life has been on my own. I am very energetic and very driven to better my life. I give 150% on everything I do.I am here to briefly interview you about the opening position and about GE Healthcare and to conduct the on-line Job Briefing and Interview with you and I believe you are well set, read & eager to hear and know more about the opening position we have in offering you.You will be getting your paperwork, an HR document during your orientation and training with your supervisor,you are to fill,sign and send back to us and we will take out taxes... okay?
Marcel Jennings sent me a text be careful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.