How to get a job at GE.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you work at GE? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Bam in New York, New York

97 months ago

I worked for GE Commercial Finance in Stamford. I found the job through a headhunter. Most of my direct contacts with the company HR prior to that did not get any responses. However, the headhunter was not very diligence and made mistakes on my profiles/salary requirements, etc. that led to disappointments after I joined the company. I left after 1.5 years because the environment was very slow, bureaucratic, difficult environment to move up the ladder unless you are considered the alpha white male. Salary was much below market and bonuses were, to me, a humilation.

It's a great company, but only to a few people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Current GEHC Employee in Muskego, Wisconsin

94 months ago

I applied for my job at GE Healthcare through Careerbuilder.com and was contacted by an onsite recruiter in Wisconsin within about two weeks of submitting my resume. There's a lot of paperwork involved and an extensive background check. The series of interviews was strung out over several weeks isn't much different from other jobs I've applied for and landed.

Overall, I've been pretty pleased with my onboarding. Just consider that GE is a monsterously HUGE company and therefore has a lot of hoops to get through to get to the proper contact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Tresca in Fairfield, Connecticut

33 months ago

Hi All,

To apply please visit www.ge.com/careers. For specific questions let me know and I'll be happy to redirect you to specific job listings or put you in touch with our recruiters on social media.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.