How to get a job at GE.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

Do you work at GE? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Bam in New York, New York

115 months ago

I worked for GE Commercial Finance in Stamford. I found the job through a headhunter. Most of my direct contacts with the company HR prior to that did not get any responses. However, the headhunter was not very diligence and made mistakes on my profiles/salary requirements, etc. that led to disappointments after I joined the company. I left after 1.5 years because the environment was very slow, bureaucratic, difficult environment to move up the ladder unless you are considered the alpha white male. Salary was much below market and bonuses were, to me, a humilation.

It's a great company, but only to a few people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Current GEHC Employee in Muskego, Wisconsin

113 months ago

I applied for my job at GE Healthcare through Careerbuilder.com and was contacted by an onsite recruiter in Wisconsin within about two weeks of submitting my resume. There's a lot of paperwork involved and an extensive background check. The series of interviews was strung out over several weeks isn't much different from other jobs I've applied for and landed.

Overall, I've been pretty pleased with my onboarding. Just consider that GE is a monsterously HUGE company and therefore has a lot of hoops to get through to get to the proper contact.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

michaeltresca in Fairfield, Connecticut

52 months ago

Hi All,

To apply please visit www.ge.com/careers. For specific questions let me know and I'll be happy to redirect you to specific job listings or put you in touch with our recruiters on social media.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Carlos Smith in Jacksonville, Florida

14 months ago

I would love to know a way or someone who could help me get in as a Material Handler I have submitted application 15 times.. and have been denied a opportunity,I have been doing that kind of work most of my life and thought sure I would have at least gotten a interview but to my sore luck I have not.. Being that the positions are always open I am sure they would like a career minded individual. I am indeed that and would truly love the chance to be a part of such a great company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Michael Tresca in Fairfield, Connecticut said: Hi All,

To apply please visit www.ge.com/careers . For specific questions let me know and I'll be happy to redirect you to specific job listings or put you in touch with our recruiters on social media.

Can you direct me to someone who handles Jacksonville Florida?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Carlos Smith in Jacksonville, Florida said: Can you direct me to someone who handles Jacksonville Florida?

Hi Carlos,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. For recruiter advice please see careers.geblogs.com/tag/recruiter-advice/ (scroll down to see the older articles as well).

You can search and apply for Jacksonville jobs at www.ge.com/careers/opportunities?keyword=jacksonville&country=United+States&state=Florida&func=TG_SEARCH_ALL.

Hope that's helpful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

Thanks Michael Tresca

I have an update that brought a smile to my face. GE Invited me to an onsite interview this Wednesday at the new facility they have here in Jacksonville. I was told I will sit in front of most of the upper management and hopefully I will become a working component in this well respected company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

That's great Carlos, good luck!

Rhonda in Anderson, South Carolina

12 months ago

I want a job full time

12 months ago

F. Fischer in California City, California

9 months ago

Michael Tresca,

Any guidance in regards to getting my application seen by GE? I applied for a position with GE Aviation that I am 100% qualified for in St. George, Utah. It has been over a month and I see that they keep reposting the job and it is still open but my resume is still showing as not being reviewed. I feel confident that if they were look to at my resume they would have interest. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

9 months ago

Hi,

I recommend joining the GE Aviation Careers LinkedIn group (do a Google search, this site is not allowing me to post direct links).

You'll see recruiters post there. Connect with them and send them the job number in an inquiry.

Hope that's helpful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Hi,

Try here the GE Aviation LinkedIn group (you'll have to Google it, Indeed's filter thinks I'm posting a phone number and won't let me post the direct link).

Hope that's helpful!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.