What's the company culture at Gander Mountain?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Gander Mountain?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Gander Mountain?

Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Farmington, Minnesota

113 months ago

This company is not stable would not recommend anyone to work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Chet in West Monroe, New York

113 months ago

Our local store has been open 3 years and has had about 4 store managers. The employee base seems to have a very high turn over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

112 months ago

I work in Cedar Rapids, IA store. The atmosphere is very relaxed. The company is stable and is going to explode once it gets its catalog out. it will blow by Cabelas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MB in Freedomland

111 months ago

anonymous in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: I work in Cedar Rapids, IA store. The atmosphere is very relaxed. The company is stable and is going to explode once it gets its catalog out. it will blow by Cabelas.

I've been in both chains - GM passing Cabelas is like K-Mart passing Walmart. It'll never happen, that ship has sailed !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

111 months ago

well i don't know if you've seen the numbers there skippy, GM has beaten cabelas in sales every year for the past 5. and now that they are going to get an online store and a catalog its only going to make the gap between the two bigger and bigger.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

110 months ago

Pookie in Amarillo, Texas said: Skippy huh, you are a f-c-ing idiot!

again, you obviously work at bass pro or some ma and pop shop.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pookie in Amarillo, Texas

110 months ago

bass pro rules! Gander Mountain will probably shut down here in Amarillo because they are over priced. I do not work at any outdoor shop just thought I would tell you how the local market is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jack strong in Pittston, Pennsylvania

105 months ago

Got called for an interview and showed up on time. The Manager who came to greet me was more interested in the girl behind the counter. Had no idea where he was to conduct the interview then we wound up in his office. First thing he said was excuse me for the mess. The mess? He should have been looking in the store, wood floors dirty, and there was spilled soda in the fishing depatment floor. By the way it had been there for a week that I know of.
Then before he was done with my interview he started another with someone else and had me just wait there. Now don't get me wrong I am not bitter just very disappointed. I am looking for work and not out to waste my time.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.