Geico contacting current employer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

eBreezie in Fredericksburg, Virginia

20 months ago

I have only ever had one job, and an interview coming up with Geico. Will they ever contact
My current employer even though i checked not to on the application? I could provide references of current and previous managers but would they accept that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shann346 in Maryland

20 months ago

eBreezie in Fredericksburg, Virginia said: I have only ever had one job, and an interview coming up with Geico. Will they ever contact
My current employer even though i checked not to on the application? I could provide references of current and previous managers but would they accept that?

Hi eBreezie - I am a member of GEICO's HR team and wanted to get back to you regarding your question. I hope the following information is helpful:

If a conditional offer of employment is extended and accepted, GEICO works with a third party vendor to conduct a background check, which includes confirming previous work history. If a candidate has indicated not to contact a specific employer on their application, GEICO HR will contact the candidate to gain permission to include the employer in the pending background check.

If the candidate still does not feel comfortable, the candidate must provide supporting documentation (like W-2s) to confirm employment information. It is not uncommon for GEICO to request that the documents be verified by the background agency after the candidate notifies us that they have submitted their resignation to their current employer.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact your local GEICO HR dept. www.geico.jobs/contact-us/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.