Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Nancy Pettleton in Cleveland, Ohio

26 months ago

Does anyone know how often jobs come back up? The one I wanted to apply for is no longer offered. I was going to apply for this other job, but the website says I can only apply for one position every 6 months. Should I hold out for the position that I really want?
I read on these forum that Geico gives you several computer tests. I have dial-up internet because my driveway is so long that TimeWarner and AT&T were both unable to offer internet to anyone on my street with large distances to the central line. Would I still be able to take the test? My dialup sometimes cut out and then I have to sign-in again which takes 20 seconds. Would I still be able to take all these interview tests?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shann346 in Maryland

25 months ago

Nancy Pettleton in Cleveland, Ohio said: Does anyone know how often jobs come back up? The one I wanted to apply for is no longer offered. I was going to apply for this other job, but the website says I can only apply for one position every 6 months. Should I hold out for the position that I really want?
I read on these forum that Geico gives you several computer tests. I have dial-up internet because my driveway is so long that TimeWarner and AT&T were both unable to offer internet to anyone on my street with large distances to the central line. Would I still be able to take the test? My dialup sometimes cut out and then I have to sign-in again which takes 20 seconds. Would I still be able to take all these interview tests?

Hi - I am member of GEICO's HR team and wanted to reach out to you. Currently, our computer tests are primarily administered in a GEICO office location, so your home dial up speed should not be an obstacle. We are piloting some remote testing in some areas, so if it is an issue, just be sure to contact the office to which you apply and talk through this with a member of our hiring team.

We're typically hiring throughout the year for positions in sales, customer service and claims. Generally, when one of those positions is posted, we hire a class of new assoicates (meaning there is more than just one opening). More specialized positions like Analysts, Developers, HR and Legal positions are typically posted until they are filled.

I hope this helps and certainly feel free to post if you have any other questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Shann346 in Maryland said: Hi - I am member of GEICO's HR team and wanted to reach out to you. Currently, our computer tests are primarily administered in a GEICO office location, so your home dial up speed should not be an obstacle. We are piloting some remote testing in some areas, so if it is an issue, just be sure to contact the office to which you apply and talk through this with a member of our hiring team.

We're typically hiring throughout the year for positions in sales, customer service and claims. Generally, when one of those positions is posted, we hire a class of new assoicates (meaning there is more than just one opening). More specialized positions like Analysts, Developers, HR and Legal positions are typically posted until they are filled.

I hope this helps and certainly feel free to post if you have any other questions.

Thanks Shann! It is nice that someone from the actual company replied! It seems like your company cares!!!
Do you know about how often the jobs the reposted?

Shann346 in Maryland

25 months ago

Nancy Pettleton in Cleveland, Ohio said: Thanks Shann! It is nice that someone from the actual company replied! It seems like your company cares!!!
Do you know about how often the jobs the reposted?

Which position and location? That'll help me get you the best answer. Thanks! (And, we do care :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Shann346 in Maryland said: Which position and location? That'll help me get you the best answer. Thanks! (And, we do care :)

The Auto Damage Trainee in Cincinnati.
thanks!

25 months ago

Nancy Pettleton in Cleveland, Ohio said: The Auto Damage Trainee in Cincinnati.
thanks!

Also Cleveland. That one went off the listing as well. Thanks again!

Shann346 in Maryland

25 months ago

Nancy Pettleton in Cleveland, Ohio said: Also Cleveland. That one went off the listing as well. Thanks again!

Hi Nancy - We don't have any large regional offices in Ohio, from time to time there are Auto Damage positions. My sense is that once the position is filled, it could be a while before another opens up. However, I would definitely encourage you to follow GEICO Careers on Facebook or @GEICO_Jobs on Twitter for up to date job listings, and to check back occasionally with us at www.geico.jobs. Thanks for your interest in GEICO! ^ Shannon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CourtneyW in Macon, Georgia

25 months ago

Shannon, I have an interview opportunity with Geico but also with another workplace. If I chose the other business, and it ended up not working out, would I have a good chance of reapplying at Geico after the 6-month period and getting another interview???

Shann346 in Maryland

25 months ago

CourtneyW in Macon, Georgia said: Shannon, I have an interview opportunity with Geico but also with another workplace. If I chose the other business, and it ended up not working out, would I have a good chance of reapplying at Geico after the 6-month period and getting another interview???

Hi Courtney -- Thanks for reaching out. My professional opinion is to consider all of your options and fully research both of your opportunities to make the best decision for you. I would hope that if you received an offer from GEICO, you would choose us (I've been here for 9 great years). :) However, if that was not the case, you could certainly reapply and start our process again after the waiting period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

okay i had my "phone portion" of the interview today which is the first step and they didn't give me the job...so if i reapplied in 6 months would it even be worth it or would i just get denied again?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

also, can you only apply for the same position every 6 months, or apply to the company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Well I am not sure why I did not get the job she did not tell me anything....but I really want to work at Geico!!! I have lots of experience in Customer Service, with a full-time job but if they were looking for something at night that might've been where it went wrong, because I have class.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.