GENENTECH News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does GENENTECH stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Yolanda Trevino in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

98 months ago

From what I've read about Genentech, this is one of the best fortune 500 companies to work for. I would be flabergasted is they expand their staff for graduates like myself trying to get into such a great company to work for. I have a relative who works out of the So. San Francisco office who aboslutely love this company and recommended trying to get accepted if possible. All I do is just keep searching the site for position to open up onto my field. Anything!!!!
Thanks for listing. .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in San Francisco, California

97 months ago

Genentech is planning layoffs in South San Francisco, Vacaville and Oceanside in preparation for outsourcing all manufacturing operations to their new Singapore plant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Jane in San Francisco, California

97 months ago

Genentech is a great corporate citizen. This is not the lace for rumor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in San Diego in San Francisco, California

97 months ago

Where are all the positive trial results for Avastin in multiple tumor types? Why hasn't Roche released the data from their latest trial in colon cancer with Avastin? Why has the drug been approved with only a single positive Phase III trial in colon cancer and an open label trial in lung cancer when ALL other Avastin trials in cancer have been negative?

Just curious since this drug costs $100K per year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Riley in San Francisco, California

90 months ago

Jane in San Francisco, California said: Genentech is a great corporate citizen. This is not the lace for rumor.

I know for a fact that they just gutted their library and graphics design staffs. 45 people in SSF are gone. They got 6 hours notice to pack things up. One employee got an email off that was pretty funny that was posted on a blog: biotechreview.blogspot.com/2007/11/genentech-layoffs-begin-45-let-go-in.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

WarHorse in Concord, Massachusetts

86 months ago

The science here is amazing. Every other department is 10 years behind everyone else in pharma and they had better stand up and deal with it if they want to play with the big kids.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.