What's the company culture at Genesis Rehabilitation Services?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Genesis Rehabilitation Services?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Genesis Rehabilitation Services?

Reply - Report abuse

zipper moses in Waterbury, Connecticut

73 months ago

The environment will be specific to any given facility. My experience included a decided lack of orientation - 2 hours the 1st day. After the 2 hour orientation I was expected to perform my job with little or no support from Genesis. The other therapists would help with specific questions but they were busy and had patients to treat. Patient care was placed well below keeping the facility administration happy. Program manager only had negative comments and rarely gave feedback on job performance - unless it was negative. Wellbeing of residents was at the bottom of the list. As long as state inspection is immenent then the residents are important. Once state survery was completed then back to the status quo - reduced staff, lack of administration concern with resident issues. Genesis has it's priorities - keep the contract then make money then keep the facility happy then make money - about 10oth on the list is patient wellfare and ensuring patients receive the care they deserve and are entitled to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

blueluna in Nottingham, Maryland

18 months ago

I find this to be true. I have worked in 2 Baltimore area Genesis facilities as a contract traveler, and this was the atmosphere at both locations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.