Gentiva Health Services Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 88)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Gentiva Health Services?

What do you like best about working at Gentiva Health Services? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

nicole,ny in Mountainville, New York

98 months ago

the pay is horrible, management is a joke, and no one has a clue what is going on. run as far as you can from this company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (153) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Greensboro, North Carolina

96 months ago

I would have to agree with Nicole here. As a former employee of the company there have been things going on that isn't so funny. Directors, as I see it, are supposed to know everything that is going on in their office at all times. On many occasions I was given the run-around because the manager didn't want to step outside of their boundaries and say something they weren't sure of. Or the director didn't do much of anything but oversee everything. And yes I understand they are supposed to oversee things, but at the same time, if they are doing so much overseeing, shouldn't they know what is going on. So anyone that is willing to work for this company, i hope you have the strength to get through unorganized and scattered mess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (90) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Mari in Escalon, California

96 months ago

I am surprised this company is still in business. They are always advertising and don't seem to know what they are doing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

hollybuddy in bluefield, West Virginia

96 months ago

They pay per visit so they don't mind working you 12 hrs or more. Overtime does not exist. A time to start does but a time to end does not. I don't know how this can be legal!! Frankly I didn't last but a few weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (86) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

KNOWLEDGABLE in Birmingham, Alabama

96 months ago

no different in Birmingham

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Mari in Escalon, California

95 months ago

I saw a recent job ad for nurses offering a $4,000 sign on bonus. I will bet the applicant pool is drying up and they are getting desperate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

disgruntled in Salt Lake City, Utah

95 months ago

ditto here too. loser company

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

kathy in Irving, Texas

95 months ago

No bonuses no raises no perks except free ceu and good education on computer. Pay is a flat rate per visit. It may take you two hrs to get to a pts home. Boo hoo you do not get pd travel time if the visit takes 2-3 hrs for an IV to infuse- tough. If your day takes 12 hrs or longer- tough if the next day is the same -tough. I was told if you don't like it there is the door I took the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (76) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

redcoat1978 in Cartersville, Georgia

95 months ago

I would never work for this company again. I worked for them for one year and I saw how they treat their employees. You are just property or worse, a slave. If they don't want you around, they will trump up charges and create the paper work to get it done as well as get people to tell lies so they can hurry you out the door.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (87) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Former Employee in Marietta, Georgia

95 months ago

I would agree with the entry above. I am also a former employee. They promise you the moon and give you crap. I have seen more things trumped up against people that were not true. I know a person who has the documents to prove they did what the administrator said they did not do. It is obvious that the administrator is pulling stuff out of the files so it will look like people are not doing their job. It all hinges on whose butt you are willing to kiss and if your kiss is satisfactory enough. I would steer away from Gentiva or any of its other companies, especially in Georgia. Also, I heard from an administrator that about half of the jobs posted do not even exist so you have to wonder what kind of a company is it that would post such jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (69) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Reedy in Prattville, Alabama

82 months ago

Ok....Gentiva has suckered me out of three year of my life....Horrible company to work for!! All of these "great company to work for" people obviously does not get paid "per patient". They are hourly employees!!! I have been on a 4 hour visit before and recieved 28.00!! not counting my gas to and from the patients home and the time that it took me to get there (their gas milage payback is a joke). I paid them to see this patient. I could get more money greeting people at wal-mart!!! Have not received a raise in pay, benifits have decreased and work load increased.
They do not care about their employees or patients, just the bottom line profit. I guess they are solid financially, they are taking it from their employees. The turn over in this company is substancially more than any other HHA. The ones that suffer are the patients because they are hiring fresh nurses with no experience and promising them the moon and stars above. My advice to you is to RUN QUICKLY from this company and find a home heath agency that will pay you what you are worth. Home health is a great job, just not with Gentiva.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (86) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Reedy in Prattville, Alabama

81 months ago

Also I strongly agree with the unorganized mess previously stated. I have not met anyone yet that knows what they are talking about. No two people can agree on proper charting procedure and forget about it if you have a HR question, you might as well call Toney Strange himself, because no one else knows!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (63) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

1GoodRN in Dothan, Alabama

78 months ago

I must agree with Chris Reedy. This is a terrible company to work for. If your choices are working for Gentiva or going on welfare, take the welfare. The treatment that nurses received there is absolutely deplorable. I found the management to be mean-spirited liars whose only moral compass is the jingling sound in their pocket. Sounds harsh, but I call 'em like I see 'em. They talk a good game, though. If you enjoy working until you break down physically and emotionally, this is your ticket. If you don't mind working off the clock without being paid, sign up. Assignments were absurd and impossible to complete in eight hours (God forbid you get overtime), so taking work home to get it done to stay afloat and out of trouble was the only answer. You could never do enough for these people. The moral of the story: stay far, far away from this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (59) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

SuZChick in Huntersville, North Carolina

75 months ago

I currently work for the company and have been treated very well. Not every location pays by the visit so don't lump all places into one basket. I'm very sorry that some of you have had poor experiences, but coming to Gentiva was the best career move I could have made.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

Jewellsie in Danville, Kentucky

74 months ago

1GoodRN in Dothan, Alabama said: No offense to SuZ. I'm glad that SOMEBODY who works for this company isn't totally miserable, but give it some time. I liked it at first, too, until I saw these people for what they really are. I have a new job now and thank God every day that I got out of there!

I have been in healthcare since I was 18, as an OT for 10 years. Gentiva is by far the BEST. I have worked for other major national companies and have been dissatisfied with the corporations. I have met some of Gentiva's corporate staff and I think they are the real deal. If you do your research, Gentiva is the best. I am pay per visit, and yes,some visit's take longer than others, but then again, some are a whole lot shorter. So it comes out a wash. My PPV rate is much better that the competitions hourly or salaried rates. Maybe all the complaints should be that you did not negotiate for a good PPV rate, and that is not the company's fault. All I see with this company is Growth. They have managed the trifecta...Patients, Employees, and the bottom dollar. I have to wonder if many of the previous experiences are a direct reflection of their local branches and of their own unhappiness with their own career choice. I love what I do, have been happy everywhere I have worked. But Gentiva is a definate standout!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (44) Reply - Report abuse

lmax37 in Morgantown, West Virginia

70 months ago

I have been a social worker for 14 years and for Gentiva for over 4, when they took over my non-profit agency and promised us we would stay true to our mission. We then proceeded to go from a wonderful helping agency to a blood-sucking money-making nightmare that turned away patients, alienated the community, doctors, families, and for me personally, I was ashamed to work for the horrible company. I eventually left after my doctor urged me to, my blood pressure had gone through the roof, my family was miserable, I was expected to manage around 75 patients in 15 counties, do the work of the RNs when they refused to do it, and I was on call, by myself, for 24 hours a day 7 days a week for three years. This company, after I gave everything I could, told me, when I expressed exhaustion, "If you don't like it you can leave". I did. Our little healthcare agency was not making a lot of money, but I felt great about the work I did and what we put back in to the community. This company sucks people dry until they don't know what is right anymore, and believe me, their lies are subtle. We started turning away cancer patients because they "die too fast" and were only taking patients with diseases that lasted longer. Good Lord, talk about bad Karma. But the president would give us a call every few months and tell us how great we were doing and how happy the stock holders were. Whew, I was worried about them. Then the president would call us and tell us if we didn't make X amount of dollars next quarter, we would close. Threats. The wonderful RN who started the agency where I worked had trained me long ago. When our board voted to go this way, she resigned and gave her company to these vampires. Her desk was literally empty the next day. I wish I hadn't waited three years to do the same. Maybe now I can get my soul back. Good luck to anyone wanting to work for Gentiva, remember you have a soul and money isn't everything, in fact, it's really nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

CONNIE BARBER in SALLIS, Mississippi

69 months ago

If you want to lose your mind, go to work with gentiva. the money is ok if you work yourself to death. too much paperwork. too many demands.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

King O blah in Peoria, Arizona

66 months ago

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible. Worked for them. Promised me big bucks, gave large sign on bonus and then when the marketer could not support the program moved me to pay for visit from salary. Totally dishonest. Blamed bedside nurses for total lack of organization and real marketing past their ortho program. Hand held device for charting is horrible. Most corrupt clinical managers of my career. Stay away or come for 3 months and quit out of disgust.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (55) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Liz in Kernersville, North Carolina

57 months ago

I am quite surprised at these responses- I work at gentiva as a PT for a PPV rate that is quite high in comparison to an hourly/salaried rates. The brance I work at suggests that you do about 6 cases per day at a full time load, and even if that takes 8 hours, the rate is still higher than most sallary jobs. I also work in private practice, and I find the demands of home health to be much lower than in the clinic setting. The milage reimbursement is fine- you would pretty much have to drive a vehicle that gets less than 7 miles to the gallon to not be reimbused for your milage costs, and in my area there is minimal travel time between sites. I have had no problems with my employment through this company- there is a lot of pre-employment training, so there is no excuse not to know how to fill out the paperwork adequately. There is even more education availiable through GU- which I find extremly helpful, and it's free and easy to access. Yes, the OASIS is a beast- that is the nature of home health, and it's going to be that way regardless of what home health company one works for. I like that, because the PPV rates are high, I don't have to work overtime. I see one patient at a time, and I do it at my pace. Granted, if you do things slowly, your hourly rates won't be as high- but there is little excuse for why anyone would regularly spend more than an hour for a regular visit, more than two for a start of care. There are going to be instances, but they are few and far between. Home health is not for the unorganized or those lacking self motivation, point blank. Gentiva is a solid company, and the benefits are excellent- including controling your own schedule (I can take 2 hours in the middle of the day if I want to, no questions asked), and the stock is available at 15% below the public cost. As the company grows, those vested will only apprecite this more. I reccomend those seeking employment research it thoroughly, regardless of the company they chose.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

LittleKarnak in Atlanta, Georgia

56 months ago

Liz in Kennersville,

Are you a Physical Therapist? I am a PT, just started working for Amedisys and am not really satisfied. I quit traveling to take a perm job and go to school at night but the documentation req'd here is ridiculous. No way I will have time for night or online classes, much less a day class if needed. Can you comment on the amount/type of teatment documentation req'd by Gentiva? Here's an example of how we must document each exercise: "Pt positioned chair in semirecumbent position. Performed B ankle pumps x 20 reps w/moderate manual assist to move L ankle through available ROM due to weakness LLE, improving strength to this area will improve pt`s toe off and foot clearance during gait which decreases fall risk. Pt then performed SLR x 2 sets 10 reps each LE. Req`d min manual assist/resistance to RLE and mode manual assist/lifting to LLE to improve strength to B hip flexors which willl improve step height and length. Pt then performed hip abd BLEs x 10 reps each LE w/min manual assist/resistance RLE and mod manual assistance/lifting/tapping hip abductors LLE to promote improved lateral stability to B hips during stance phase of gait and unilateral stance activities." Is this what is req'd at Gentiva?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

secreteyes in Greenville, North Carolina

50 months ago

CautiousNurse said: RUN!!! Run, while you still have a chance! I've been a nurse for almost 30 years. The most horrible experience ever. Gentiva is now under federal investigation. It also has a civil class action suit just filed this year as well. From one fellow nurse to another, look elsewhere. Good Luck!

they break state labor laws,do not hold nurses accountable for their work so if you are following a slack nurse you will have to work double to get orders that your patient needs due to pay per visits nurses do not get paid because the nurse before you only cares about the points for pay so if you are a nurse who cares for patients you work yourself to death without being compensated.beware of class action law suit because the nurses who made visits "in and out"the way the suit is designed the nurse who cares will still not get compensated because you had to clean up mess the "in and out"nurse did,which means those "in and out"nurses saw more patients so they will get more from suit.when i told the lawyer about all the wrong doings she said "I have 7 multimillion dollars class action suits im working on now,I do not have the time to do the things in suit you are requesting"I want health care providers to take responsibility when they see fraud and misuse of health care report this.Be the nurse you want for you and your family when you or your loved ones need medical care.our health care problems are we are all not doing our jobs.yes their are great nurses and doctors but Ive seen so much rush with patient care that our patients are not being properly cared for and we are only making our corporate management richer and abusing medicare.the change starts with us not letting big corporate companies such as gentiva keep Tony Strange RICH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

secreteyes in Greenville, North Carolina

50 months ago

SuZChick in Huntersville, North Carolina said: I currently work for the company and have been treated very well. Not every location pays by the visit so don't lump all places into one basket. I'm very sorry that some of you have had poor experiences, but coming to Gentiva was the best career move I could have made.

I have noticed that the nurses who are happy are the nurses who make fast visits not providing care as the patient needs and deserves,maybe you are not like that for your patients sake,i hope not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

day_brightener in Knoxville, Tennessee

50 months ago

Any PT, OT or RN on this forum know if Gentiva pays for the supervisory visits you do for your PTA, COTA, or LPN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

KFK in New York, New York

49 months ago

I am interested in speaking with any former Gentiva Health employees who may have been subjected to or have first-hand knowledge about Medicare reimbursement issues or any other billing concerns they experienced while working with the Company. Please contact me at kcosgrove@kaplanfox.com. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PowerToThePeople in Great Lakes

48 months ago

valeriejean,
I'm pleased that you have had a wonderful experience with Gentiva. You are the exception on these boards. However, it is troubling that you are very quick to judge those who have any sort of complaint. When I googled "gentiva employee complaints" this is exactly the board it brought me to. My belief? You are a HR person, or potentially a clinical manager at one of the crooked Georgia locations. Does "Class Action Law Suit" ring a bell? Well, it should. It's very well known. Your assumption that those who complain must have something "wrong" with them as in that "turn the mirror on themselves" comment is preposterous. We are professionals, not people that work at Walmart as cashiers or greeters or whatever that judgemental, offhanded comment was supposed to mean. We CHOSE to be clinicians, we spent time, money, and years of our lives to pursue these careers. Maybe I'm different, but I don't like to bounce from job to job like a temp. I like to try to make things work, and it would be nice to have support from the office staff. You know as well as we all do, there is ZERO TO NONE!!! In my branch, which is a "BULLY BRANCH" they do little but humiliate, nit pick, perform shifiting the goal posts and other destabilisation tactics. You know, if you are not part of the solution, you really are part of the problem. There are so many things wrong with your post, but the most glaring of all is the comment: "Just like the Walmart folks. They are unhappy." How do you know that? That is a terrible thing to say, and to be honest, I wouldn't want someone with that attitude coming in my home or to any of my loved ones homes. You might judge them!!!! I am a happy, positive person, and for fear of giving up my anonyminity, I will rephrase what was said to me at my branch "why do you always walk around with a smile? Why don't you wipe that fake smile off your face?" This was 3 weeks into my (then) new job at the branch. Those old branch women could spoil a w*e*t dream!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

HH Professional in Portland, Oregon

47 months ago

We have been having quite a few Gentiva RN's and leadership candidates that have applied with our organization to find them new permanent positions as the paperwork and excess hours have made it a place many are looking to leave. www.linkedin.com/in/jyenney

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

45 months ago

Hello former Gentiva Health employees:

As I posted a few months ago, I am interested in speaking with any former Gentiva employees who may have been subjected to or have first-hand knowledge about Medicare reimbursement issues or any other billing concerns they experienced while working with the Company. For those who were unaware, the Senate Finance Committee has now published a report based on their investigation in which they conclude that the Gentiva knowingly "Gamed the Medicare system" by overbilling for services which were not medically necessary. I am seeking to speak with any former Clinicians or Billing staff who may have further insight or information about this. You can view the Senate's report for yourself at: finance.senate.gov/newsroom/chairman/release/?id=e32d81a2-da53-4d9c-bccc-1c50a1f33f5e

Please contact me at kcosgrove@kaplanfox.com. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

privatehomecare4u@gmail.com in Valdosta, Georgia

44 months ago

Mari in Escalon, California said: I saw a recent job ad for nurses offering a $4,000 sign on bonus. I will bet the applicant pool is drying up and they are getting desperate.

YOU ARE RIGHT, ! ITS ABOUT TIME NURSES STARTED JOINING TOGETHER ON BEING ABUSED BY COMPANIES EMPLOYERS. THEY HAVE IT BUILT INTO THEIR POLICIES, WHICH MAKE IT EASY TO GET RIDE OF YOU, EITHER WHEN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THE INJUSTICES, AND POINT OUT THEIR EVIL WAYS, OR YOU SAY NO TOO MUCH. THEY CHOOSE A DIRECTOR OF NURSING WHO CAN 1. KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT, 2, TURN THEIR HEADS THE OTHER WAYS 3. ARE FRIENDS OF FRIENDSD OF FRIENDS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pat in Cleveland, Ohio

44 months ago

I don't know how I got on the comment list, but thanks for the info. I recently left another "private homecare" company and wow, talk about USE, USE, USE. NO consideration for the NURSE, deplorable home situations, etc. The abuse has always been there,
but its getting worse there's no longer a CONSCIENCE!!! I AM OUT OF IT...I'LL EAT MY DIRT SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

jongjema in Birmingham, Alabama

44 months ago

Let me just say, 98% of above is true. Gentiva paying 12.5 million due to Medicare fraud following the recent investigation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shawn Russell in Panama City, Florida

43 months ago

What Gentiva office do you work out of in GA? Am planning to relocate to an area outside the Atlanta metroplex spring/summer of 2012. Thank you for your positive and encouraging post about Gentiva. Looking forward to hearing from you.

valeriejean2 in Atlanta, Georgia said: I have been with Gentiva for over a year now. I have been with many other home health companies as well. I have to say that anyone who is that unhappy with their job needs to go someplace else. As far as Gentiva is concerned, this is the first company that I have been with who I feel cares for their employees. At least in our branch, this is the case. And I think you would be hard-pressed to find anyone in our branch who disagrees. Our nurses are pay-per-visit, and every one of them is conscientious, driven, and cares for their patients. Our therapists are exactly the same. The patient comes first, as they should. If the care of the patient is thorough, then the clinician is happy because they know they have done the best job they can for their patient. If you are unhappy with Gentiva, then chances are you have not been happy at any other job either. I can say that honestly because that used to be me. And if you are that unhappy in your job, you need to move on because life is way to short to be that unhappy. Sometimes we need to have a mirror held up to us so that we can see ourselves in a true light. Is it really the company? or is it just you? It's easy to feed into the distress when you see a printed flow such as this one. It's also very easy to find something wrong no matter where you work. Just like the Walmart folks. They are unhappy. But nobody said they had to work there; they chose to work there. No one said you had to work for Gentiva, you chose to work for Gentiva. Gentiva is only what you make of it. So my suggestion is to take your individual branch and find the positives, i.e., the people you work with, the management, the clerical staff, etc., and st

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Shawn Russell in Panama City, Florida

43 months ago

ValerieJean... what office for Gentiva do you work out of in GA? Am planning on relocating there sprring/summer of 2012. Good to read your more positive comment. Was beginning to think Gentiva had issues with management and staff outside of FL. Your post was more encouraging. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

disallusioned1 in Alabama

42 months ago

Whatever you do, do NOT use their flexible spending account. They can change your status from full time with benefits to "per diem" at any time they wish, immediately canceling your benefits AND they keep every penny of the money you put into the flex spending card. Even if it is at the end of the period, with the excuse of it is "use it or lose it and you didn't use it so legally we get to keep it" even though you had no warning they were about to drop you from all of your benefits. As far as I'm concerned they effectively stole well over a thousand dollars from me that I had put into that account for a surgery I will now be unable to have. So now, no surgery d/t suddenly uninsured status and out over a thousand dollars on top of it. And this after years of service to a company that cared about employees before Gentiva took over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sick and Tired in Massachusetts in Massachusetts

41 months ago

With all due respect to valeriejean, Gentiva is the worst company I have ever worked for and I have been an RN over 23 years and worked in many different areas of medicine. I am currently an employee and have been following the lawsuits that have been filed against the company. This is a lot more serious than pollyanna, "Go find another job" and look in the mirror responses. These are serious legal issues that threaten to undermine not only the nursing community but also the therapists who are just as affected by the, what I will call, illegal and unethical practices of Gentiva. The bottom line here is that this company does NOT value it's professionals and the huge scam going on is the fishy practice put in place that allow this company to get away with monumental amounts of employee time UNPAID on a mass scale across this country. I have watched numerous staff members come to the company and wait to see how long before the honeymoon phase wears off and the realization kick in just how much is expected, unrealistically, of it's staff precluding any other responsibilities we may have: family, health, kids, home care, pets, etc. It's been a very sad situation played out time and time again. I know of no one in my company that is happy working here but that they have A job and should be grateful for it, as we are repeatedly told. It's tantamount to being told, be grateful you have a glass of water to drink, but it is laced with poison. I can say these things now as my days are numbered and I will finally be resigning. Since the change over to pay per visit, I have lost wages in the area of $800 plus PER MONTH which was a big hit for me financially and a discredit to my experience and degrees held all in order for the company to save money. The unprofessional and toxic environment I have been in and the poor manager and directors they hire from wherever to put in place is something I will never comprehend. Schedules are NOT as easy as suggested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sydney in Charlotte, North Carolina

41 months ago

Former Employee in Marietta, Georgia said: I would agree with the entry above. I am also a former employee. They promise you the moon and give you crap. I have seen more things trumped up against people that were not true. I know a person who has the documents to prove they did what the administrator said they did not do. It is obvious that the administrator is pulling stuff out of the files so it will look like people are not doing their job. It all hinges on whose butt you are willing to kiss and if your kiss is satisfactory enough. I would steer away from Gentiva or any of its other companies, especially in Georgia. Also, I heard from an administrator that about half of the jobs posted do not even exist so you have to wonder what kind of a company is it that would post such jobs.

Very true on the trumped up charges, especially if they over-hire and cannot give enough visits to make their quota. Supervisors will lie to get you fired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laurie prado in Irvine, California

41 months ago

This is scary. Any California RN's with experience with this company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Thanks Sydney for the informative response. I would really like to speak with you in private about your observations. Can you please contact me directly at kcosgrove@kaplanfox.com. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Aleta in Tucson, Arizona

41 months ago

redcoat1978 in Cartersville, Georgia said: I would never work for this company again. I worked for them for one year and I saw how they treat their employees. You are just property or worse, a slave. If they don't want you around, they will trump up charges and create the paper work to get it done as well as get people to tell lies so they can hurry you out the door.

Amen to that sentence. I had so many complaints made up I was forced to quit. This company does not know how to treat people, just make money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

I agree also with the complaints lodged against employees. I have been in Nursing for over 23 years and have a stellar reputation and tons of experience in many fields of medicine. I have references from MD's and many other professionals. I am highly organized and a big team player. However, working for this company, I feel I am treated as a student nurse. Nothing is documented or done appropriately if you ask any of the managers that have come through our office and that applies to all employees. Like teaching to the test for teachers, they are trying to run the office according to Medicare's new cutbacks and how to cover themselves so they will lessen the loss of revenue. I have written my own rebuttals to claims made about me that were patently false. Others have as well or just quit due to the lack of respect. I have never seen anything like this environment in my entire career. I know it's a company issue. We just won another award for our office doing so well yet the workers will not see any benefits, the upper management will and are busy patting themselves on the back with how well they performed. They get the healthy lunches and we get pizza and soda as an appreciation. Plus no raises are in our future as the cutbacks naturally impact those who make the company: without Nurses you have just another Therapy building and without Therapy you cannot survive in this business. You have to have a strong back bone to put up with the stress there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

Thanks to those who have contacted me regarding my into the billing and clinical concerns addressed by many former Clinicians at Gentiva. I remain interested in speaking with any former Gentiva employee who may have been subjected to or have first-hand knowledge about Medicare reimbursement issues or any other billing concerns they experienced while working with the Company. Please contact me as soon as possible at kcosgrove@kaplanfox.com. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vocational freedom rider in Atlanta, Georgia

39 months ago

working there was the worst decision i ever made but im happy i didnt have to compromise myself to fit in. i had fake conversations with director and supervisors, didnt eat anyones homemade food experiments and left with my head held high. people that have to remain there until something better comes along do not sell your soul to gentiva. the gentiva ride is almost over and its time. bad behavior of branch directors, manager and supervisors is supported. hopefully the atlanta and kansas directors will be replaced. New management is required and not the same type of people from the competing companies, diversify the workforce and remove directors, supervisors and managers that do not have the experience, professionalism or education. A financial director should have an MBA and various financial expertise, not pretending to be a financial director on a 20+year running broadway show

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vocational freedom rider in Atlanta, Georgia

39 months ago

on a lighter note.....the best part about gentiva is New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, saturday, sunday and Monday thru Friday anytime after 5PM! gentiva=insanity Insanity, it's just not a workout DVD, its gentiva

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No Reply - Report abuse

freedomrider.2011

38 months ago

vocational freedom rider in Atlanta, Georgia said: working there was the worst decision i ever made but im happy i didnt have to compromise myself to fit in. i had fake conversations with director and supervisors, didnt eat anyones homemade food experiments and left with my head held high. people that have to remain there until something better comes along do not sell your soul to gentiva. the gentiva ride is almost over and its time. bad behavior of branch directors, manager and supervisors is supported. hopefully the atlanta and kansas directors will be replaced. New management is required and not the same type of people from the competing companies, diversify the workforce and remove directors, supervisors and managers that do not have the experience, professionalism or education . A financial director should have an MBA and various financial expertise, not pretending to be a financial director on a 20+year running broadway show

This company gave me my "vocational freedom" after several years. To be honest it was the best thing that ever happened to me. It should be obvious to the Department of Justice and EEOC they are doing things they should not when they make you sign a bunch of forms stating you are not going to share any of their dirty little secrets. Otherwise that little severence package they wiggle in front of you is gone and they threaten to sue you. The DOJ could get alot more info if they could stop this practice from occuring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SteveAnonymous in Aurora, Colorado

38 months ago

I don't even use Indeed, and I specifically created an account so I could voice my experience with this company.

I worked as clerical support in a small office and actually loved my job. The work volume was overwhelming, but I multitasked and micromanaged to the best of my abilities to keep things in line.

The pay was decent, and benefits were killer (especially if you were a student like me). They give great amounts of PTO.. at least when you can actually find the time to take it.

Unfortunately, one of the main people in clerical support left while I was there. Due to reasons beyond any logical reasoning I could possibly think of, they decided not to hire another staff member. Thus, I was quite literally running a one man show inside that office. On top of this, the census doubled within less than two months after the other clerical staff member left.

No complaints! I took it all. It gave me an impressive amount of overtime and I was ready for a challenge. It was my intent to work to the best of my abilities until my best wasn't enough and they'd finally come to their senses to hire another person.

Meanwhile, there was an incredible amount of turnover at the location (and from the looks of all these comments.. all locations) I was working at. While our census doubled, our staff force halved. This caused severe scheduling issues, and made me see the true colors of Gentiva.

We had.. ONE occupational therapist. One.

Management was accepting over fourteen new patients requiring occupational therapy within days. Company policy states that an evaluation must be done within 48 hours of the initial order for whatever therapy. One occupational therapist (WHO HAD BEEN THERE FOR LESS THAN 2 MONTHS) can only do so much. Evaluations take a long time to do, and 14 was impossible.. even for a week, considering that the therapist had several other routine visits involved.

Continued on next post...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SteveAnonymous in Aurora, Colorado

38 months ago

Staffing agencies.. really? These therapists from those agencies didn't have a clue on what to do and how to do anything involving our company paperwork.

Meanwhile, patients were calling me on a daily basis asking me where their therapy was.. and that they were promised to be visited several days to even up to a week before they called to complain.

The conclusion was that Gentiva will do whatever it takes to gain Medicare patients, even if it means the patient suffers.

Couple that with several district operations managers coming in, flipping the clerical operations upsidedown, with different managers having different perspectives on how things should be done in the office (with me being in the middle of it).. I was done.

My two cents. I don't think many people will read this, but I still felt the urge to contribute. If you're reading this, please do not go to that godforsaken company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No Reply - Report abuse

pat in Cleveland, Ohio

38 months ago

Well I sure am glad that this agency did not hire me. It must have been because they could see I am an honest person and would not have lasted long. whooow!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

I agree with you SteveAnonymous. The PTO is an initial draw to new hires but it was about the only good thing I can say about the company. In the end it isn't worth the stress and disrespect. I finally gave my notice and feel so free now. I wasn't fully aware of just how much stress this company puts on it's staff. It's like being abused in a way: you have to finally get away to see what you have endured and get healthy again.

Things are worse than ever at my office. Most all field staff are unhappy and burned out with the paperwork and the amount of patients we are now required to see is unreasonable and unsafe. Yet the office is giddy with all the admissions we get but they don't have to run around and see these people. Weekends are horrible if you are on-call now. It's like a regular work day or worse, then if you want to take a day off the week afterward they look at you like you are crazy and shouldn't expect a break. So why not work two weeks straight? That in itself is not appropriate.

And now they expect us to be like FedEx: be there overnight or next day. 48 hours? has not been done in a long time because they try to look better than all the other agencies by cramming in as many patients as they can: accept now and ask questions later. They don't check to see what nurse can open a patient first so you might have 7/8/9/10 patients that day. They are all Medicare patients who are extremely ill and need so much care and time. And all that paperwork we do and don't get paid for? Well the lawsuit is just about done, they are having depositions now and hopefully this unethical and inappropriate practice of pay-per-visit will be legally banished forever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

And to add in insult to injury, because of the inappropriate practice of pay per visit, if you aren't busy enough (which on occasion happens and is by no means the fault of the employee) to make the certain number of patients per week needed to get a paycheck that doesn't equate with being part time, you have three choices: take PTO, if you have any, go to the office and do filing or other non nursing duties at half the pay, or just take the loss. So you are burned either way being too busy or not busy enough by their standards. It truly is a corrupt way of practice, in my opinion. This company repeatedly extolls the performance of it's employees yet doesn't compensate them in the way they need to be by a decent living wage, cost of living increases and a balance between work and personal time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HappyOne in Parrish, Florida

37 months ago

I am very happy to be away from this horrible company! Here in Florida their cruel and unlawful ways have caught up with them. One of the offices has closed, the regional director, area director, office director, many MCPs, PT director, etc., have been dismissed. It's funny how all this happened at the very time they were being investigated for Medicare fraud, SEC violations and a class action suit filed. Could it be they were trying to cover their tracks? It will be very interesting to see how this unfolds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.